AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 07:13   Link #1461
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

I think that's a sarcasm. If I heard someone said that, coupled with that oppressive aura before she said makes me think of that. It's like when professor saying things like "oh of course you wouldn't study, that's what university students are isn't it!?" to someone after they failed the test.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 08:15   Link #1462
Arya

It's interesting that Yukino and Haruno live under the same roof, I suppose. So, given that I think that Yukino would never fake sickness to skip her responsibilities that means she is really sick. On the other hand if it's true that Haruno has schemed it all I can't see her manipulating Yukino to take the day off to retaliate. So, did she bet on the odds that overworking would have knocked her down? As much as if Haruno intentions would have been to sabotage her. Even if in that case just slow her down would be more than enough.

In any case, I would love to see how Yukino and Haruno spend their daily life at home.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 08:32   Link #1463
ices
Monadically Happy

I though the antagonist here isn't Haruno, but it seems many think the opposite. Well, I don't see Haruno do something bad up to now. Her attitude, her talk, everything understanable and reasonable. I don't see any bad motive either.
ices is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 08:54   Link #1464
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
It's interesting that Yukino and Haruno live under the same roof, I suppose. So, given that I think that Yukino would never fake sickness to skip her responsibilities that means she is really sick. On the other hand if it's true that Haruno has schemed it all I can't see her manipulating Yukino to take the day off to retaliate. So, did she bet on the odds that overworking would have knocked her down? As much as if Haruno intentions would have been to sabotage her. Even if in that case just slow her down would be more than enough.

In any case, I would love to see how Yukino and Haruno spend their daily life at home.
They don't and it was mentioned even in anime. Yukino live alone.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 09:19   Link #1465
askara

man really dont like this story arc, maybe there is some hidden reason but currently this arc is way too over dramatized, its on the level of a guy dropping his ice cream and he knee down on the floor, both hand up in the air and cry out "why! god why! what have i done to deserve this, is this fate? is the karma?why!!!". make me want to go up and bitch slap both hachiman and Yukino and make them hold hand and make up. and i still dont known Haruno is misunderstood or just a asshole

hope it go back to like before soon
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 10:54   Link #1466
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
man really dont like this story arc, maybe there is some hidden reason but currently this arc is way too over dramatized, its on the level of a guy dropping his ice cream and he knee down on the floor, both hand up in the air and cry out "why! god why! what have i done to deserve this, is this fate? is the karma?why!!!".
Huh? Unlike a Okada or Key drama, I'm pretty sure none of the tension in this episode was directly vocalized. It was all implied, and I'm also sure moments of awkward silence and unvoiced hostility are possible reactions in real life.

If you just find it unpleasant, it's supposed to be unpleasant. Being unrealistic is another matter however.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 12:14   Link #1467
askara

what i mean is they are really overreacting about the current situation, i mean Hachiman got the wrong image of Yukino and she lied and whatnot, normally you just go "oh thats unexpected" and thats it. not like they are in any deep relationship

but i guess i did find current situation a bit unpleasant, i like they are being an ass to each other lot more.
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 12:37   Link #1468
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
I though the antagonist here isn't Haruno, but it seems many think the opposite. Well, I don't see Haruno do something bad up to now. Her attitude, her talk, everything understanable and reasonable. I don't see any bad motive either.
To me, she always seems to be trying to demean and belittle her sister, in the most elegant and upper-crust sort of way. She goes out of her way to butt in whenever possible, and to make her sister feel small and look small to others. I think she is a kind of family megalomaniac, who can't stand to see her sister as anything but her distant inferior. I suspect we will find that Yukinon bears no guilt at all in the accident, and her sister is just using that situation to try to separate her and Hachiman. Of course, I am seeing things from Yukinon's point of view.

As for whether this is being overdramatized, I don't think so at all. From Yukinon's point of view, this is a life-and-death situation. Her whole self-image is in play...as well as her love-life. And the same for Hachiman, for whom Yukinon has been a symbol of all that is excellent, and a route out of his general funk.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 13:01   Link #1469
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
They don't and it was mentioned even in anime. Yukino live alone.
Oh, I must have missed it.
Anyways, I'd still love to see their family life together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
To me, she always seems to be trying to demean and belittle her sister, in the most elegant and upper-crust sort of way. She goes out of her way to butt in whenever possible, and to make her sister feel small and look small to others. I think she is a kind of family megalomaniac, who can't stand to see her sister as anything but her distant inferior. I suspect we will find that Yukinon bears no guilt at all in the accident, and her sister is just using that situation to try to separate her and Hachiman. Of course, I am seeing things from Yukinon's point of view.
That's exactly what I think of Haruno. At least so far.
But to be fair, I'm not disregarding that she could be a good sister. It's that so far I didn't see any signs of it, but instead subtle ones that point in the direction Kaoru Chujo is talking about.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2013-06-10, 13:15   Link #1470
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
...as well as her love-life.
Love-life? What love-life? Do you mean the imagined love-life that Haruno thinks is going on between Hikki and Yukinon?

If there's any kind of "romantic love" flowing between those two, then I must be deaf, dumb, and blind.

With that exception, I do agree with your overall assessment of Haruno's attitude toward Yukinon, though I'd caution you about flinging the term "upper-crust" about when talking of those girls as you might get some Yukinon fanatics bearing down on you. Substitute the word "political" and you should be alright.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 13:31   Link #1471
Tenzen12

Quote:

As for whether this is being overdramatized, I don't think so at all. From Yukinon's point of view, this is a life-and-death situation. Her whole self-image is in play...as well as her love-life. And the same for Hachiman, for whom Yukinon has been a symbol of all that is excellent, and a route out of his general funk.
Haruno doesn't need belittle Yukino nor make her feel small, cause she never considered Yukino to be threat in first palce. she just find cute that her sister "chase after her shadow" and it "makes her happy" which like Hikki mentioned in novels (in that firework festival) means she doesn't even consider possibility That Yukino would catch with her. Ever.

And thus she doesn't have any ill will toward her either.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:39   Link #1472
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
That's exactly what I think of Haruno. At least so far.
But to be fair, I'm not disregarding that she could be a good sister. It's that so far I didn't see any signs of it, but instead subtle ones that point in the direction Kaoru Chujo is talking about.
It is genuinely difficult to really place Haruno on either spectrum. She's done things that have hurt Yukino directly and indirectly, and yet done things that are also capable of ultimately helping her. Honestly, at this point I'd say that her actions are immediately negative, but ultimately positive. Her butting in with Hachiman and causing a rift is likely to have a more positive outcome in the end, for example.

Right now she's been setting up this massive downfall of the committee by causing the chairman to become a major slacker, and having most of the work fall onto Yukino. She already said herself that it would come crashing down, and it indeed will do just that. Yukino is now sick, and as the person who shouldered the most burden and left with an incompetent and manipulated chairman there's likely to be a huge issue to come. Is it likely that Haruno knew her little sister would become sick due to her work? I wouldn't doubt it.

What I'm waiting to see, is how this will repair the relationship between Hachiman and Yukino. Does he get to do the cliche "visiting the sick girl" scene? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old 2013-06-10, 17:15   Link #1473
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
what i mean is they are really overreacting about the current situation, i mean Hachiman got the wrong image of Yukino and she lied and whatnot, normally you just go "oh thats unexpected" and thats it. not like they are in any deep relationship
Actually it can be pretty serious. I guess you never ran into that situation or perhaps you wouldn't have the same problem if you did.

Quote:
Wow. That's an interesting viewpoint. I'll give you a different one.

I have a big family, 4 brothers and 4 sisters. We're all pretty close. When we are together we spend most of the time arguing, insulting and otherwise making fun of each other. It's considered normal and nobody really pays it any mind.

Then you got my youngest sister. She has an insecurity complex about the size of a mountain. She thinks she's stupid, clumsy, slow etc, etc.

Normally she's fine but sometimes, she gets upset. Especially when it comes to the oldest sister. I think that if you looked at some of the conversations between the youngest and oldest sisters you would draw the same conclusion as you have from Yukino/Haruno. In reality though, the oldest sister is just fooling around and doesn't mean anything by it. She's got massive amounts of confidence doesn't need to get any from putting down someone else. She'd be really happy if the youngest sister got over her insecurity complex and was successful at something. Proud in fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Haruno doesn't need belittle Yukino nor make her feel small, cause she never considered Yukino to be threat in first palce. she just find cute that her sister "chase after her shadow" and it "makes her happy" which like Hikki mentioned in novels (in that firework festival) means she doesn't even consider possibility That Yukino would catch with her. Ever.

And thus she doesn't have any ill will toward her either.
Does she care if Yukino "beats her"? She might even be happy if she does.
Old 2013-06-10, 19:29   Link #1474
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
...Then you got my youngest sister. She has an insecurity complex about the size of a mountain. She thinks she's stupid, clumsy, slow etc, etc. Normally she's fine but sometimes, she gets upset. Especially when it comes to the oldest sister. I think that if you looked at some of the conversations between the youngest and oldest sisters you would draw the same conclusion as you have from Yukino/Haruno. In reality though, the oldest sister is just fooling around and doesn't mean anything by it. She's got massive amounts of confidence doesn't need to get any from putting down someone else. She'd be really happy if the youngest sister got over her insecurity complex and was successful at something. Proud in fact....
Good points. It's even possible that Haruno is just expressing herself and is not trying to put down Yukino...but actually always does, just by being so much more confident and proud and admired. It's certainly true that many families (not mine, but definitely my sister-in-law's) are arguing all the time, and it's a way they express their closeness to each other.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Amagi Brilliant Park | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 21:36   Link #1475
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
With that exception, I do agree with your overall assessment of Haruno's attitude toward Yukinon, though I'd caution you about flinging the term "upper-crust" about when talking of those girls as you might get some Yukinon fanatics bearing down on you. Substitute the word "political" and you should be alright.
Everyone can see that fact that Yukino is rich. Everyone can see that she can be offensive.

If you're concluding that she is rude because she is rich however, that's missing the point as much as people who think there is romance between Yukino and Hachiman.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-06-10 at 22:10.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 22:34   Link #1476
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn

I think Haruno's trying to force Yukino to give up trying to "live in her shadow" by doing the same thing she does, and instead do something original.
Old 2013-06-11, 05:51   Link #1477
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Please... drop the sarcastic butthurt.

Everyone can see that fact that Yukino is rich. Everyone can see that she can be offensive.

If you're concluding that she is rude because she is rich however, that's missing the point as much as people who think there is romance between Yukino and Hachiman.
I am not so much of a ignoramus as to think that people are rude for one, and only one, reason. In any given situation, people can be rude for a whole variety of reasons, for example, the alarm clock didn't go off and she woke up late, or she stubbed her toe running down the stairs; her sister made yet another sickeningly sweet remark that rubbed her the wrong way, or Hikki did not respond to her latest caustic remark which, again, rubbed her the wrong way. But to think that the only reason that she is ever rude is for one specific reason (ie: a defense mechanism or because she is a snob) is just, I admit, unrealistic.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 09:02   Link #1478
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
It is genuinely difficult to really place Haruno on either spectrum. She's done things that have hurt Yukino directly and indirectly, and yet done things that are also capable of ultimately helping her. Honestly, at this point I'd say that her actions are immediately negative, but ultimately positive. Her butting in with Hachiman and causing a rift is likely to have a more positive outcome in the end, for example.

Right now she's been setting up this massive downfall of the committee by causing the chairman to become a major slacker, and having most of the work fall onto Yukino. She already said herself that it would come crashing down, and it indeed will do just that. Yukino is now sick, and as the person who shouldered the most burden and left with an incompetent and manipulated chairman there's likely to be a huge issue to come. Is it likely that Haruno knew her little sister would become sick due to her work? I wouldn't doubt it.

What I'm waiting to see, is how this will repair the relationship between Hachiman and Yukino. Does he get to do the cliche "visiting the sick girl" scene? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Ok. You have half convinced me. Given the particular settings of the show that's could be the case. I'll give her more credit.
It's that among many others things, like how the blame for a failure would benefit Yukino (but I understand that could be like "destroy her public image to gain something else, Hikki respect/trust/love"), what I cant' see yet is Yukino obsession toward her sister. If I had seen it I'd be more inclined believing Haruno's good faith despite all her immediately negative actions.

Anyways that's one of the reasons I'm enjoing this show, because I still can't really place Haruno in her position, and also Yukino to a certain extent. And I would be happy to be contraddicted by events. Because, unlike other shows, they have been really good in keep things gray enough to let both ways still open.

Old 2013-06-12, 23:02   Link #1479
HandofFate

I think Haruno is also trying to provoke her little sister to lash out and actually try to find her own path. She may have said she thought it was cute how Yukino adores her or whatever, but she still reacted a bit negatively when she found out Yukino was going to the extent as going to the same type of university/study she did.

Her little sister adoring her as a kid was cute, but when she's starting to make life decisions for her futures, Haruno is getting worried.

Aggressively provoking Yukino like this I think is the only way she knows how in her type of family to try to 'break' Yukino so she can be repaired into her own self.
Old 2013-06-12, 23:57   Link #1480
brutalman

That's assuming that Yukino actually has been trying to copy Haruno. So far we only have Haruno's word that she is. I don't see Yukino trying to be like Haruno, in fact the opposite - when Yukino was given the opportunity to run the festival she refused and had to be pressured into being the assistant instead.
brutalman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romantic comedy, school life, shounen