AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 08:39   Link #2861
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The pace is so slow. That flashback is probably going to last quite a while.
Old 2013-04-10, 08:44   Link #2862
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

No wonder things became so slow. Aizen didn't plan anything. Still, it kinda makes me wonder if he always knew that the Shinigami Hollows would hunt Quincies.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 08:47   Link #2863
The Small One

Interessting that a succesfully transformed Shinigami is supposed to blow up on defeat.
Is that what happend to Tousen?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 08:48   Link #2864
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

And thus the romance of Isshin and Masaki begins....though why the hell was she freaking at Urahara? I thought she was freaking because the hollow was starting to affect her.

Like father, like son: all Ishida men will apparently be friend zoned for life despite being hot as hell...

I sense some renconning though: Isshin was already gone/declared dead/whatfuckingever so how is it that Byakuya and Mayuri are already captains? I'm confused here.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:13   Link #2865
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I sense some renconning though: Isshin was already gone/declared dead/whatfuckingever so how is it that Byakuya and Mayuri are already captains? I'm confused here.
Mayuri was probably made captain not that long after Urahara left, as he was the head of the R&D department (as per their initial Maggots' Nest agreement) - it can't have taken too long for him to learn bankai (probably using his own weird methods), as he picked up the captaincy of the 12th, keeping its link to R&D

Byakuya's position is less clear, but the respect he has in his position suggest he's probably been around for more than 15 years (which is a very short time in Soul Society terms)
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:20   Link #2866
james0246

LOL, little miss Masaki is meeting everyone isn't she? Next we're going to find out that Shinji babysat her as a child (and Hiyori was her best friend growing up), plus she knew Grimmjow before he died and became a Hollow, and Kūgo Ginjō was her first boyfriend. Etc.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 09:23   Link #2867
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, little miss Masaki is meeting everyone isn't she? Next we're going to find out that Shinji babysat her as a child (and Hiyori was her best friend growing up), plus she knew Grimmjow before he died and became a Hollow, and Kūgo Ginjō was her first boyfriend. Etc.
Yeah...the mangaka is trying too hard

Hell i cant even guess what the last panel of pg18 is suspose to be of O_o
Old 2013-04-10, 09:35   Link #2868
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
What are you confused about exactly? This story takes place around 20 years ago. It's not surprising for the two of them to be captains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
She's only met Ryuken and Urahara, that's hardly everyone. It was obvious she had to know them since Isshin does.
Old 2013-04-10, 10:34   Link #2869
shalala

Why did Katagiri look sad? Also did anyone else notice the Renshi amour? Why didn't Isshin report that he was attacked by a shinigami.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:38   Link #2870
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Why did Katagiri look sad? Also did anyone else notice the Renshi amour? Why didn't Isshin report that he was attacked by a shinigami.
I think he told them off-screen. The only thing he left out of his report is Masaki's involvement.
Old 2013-04-10, 13:18   Link #2871
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She's only met Ryuken and Urahara, that's hardly everyone. It was obvious she had to know them since Isshin does.
Depends on how you put it really, she's had a "run in" with Aizen and co as well imo.
The characters she's bumped into so far are some of the big boys to the story.
I can understand Jame's jest at Misaki's role in the story now

As much as I want to see how all this goes, I don't want this to drag for too long which it probably has already.
As long as we get some more interactions between Isshin and other shinigami then I'm ok with the pace.
Old 2013-04-10, 14:52   Link #2872
ChampDream
Alive

so now is Masaki going to meet Urahara? I wonder what will happen next, will Isshin try and go meet Masaki again? or will Aizen start the plan to make baby Ichigo a reality?
Old 2013-04-10, 15:06   Link #2873
sayde

I like how this chapter pretty much echoed many of the same sentiments I've been claiming with regards to Aizen and his little experiment here--that being, he's awesome at finding the silver lining in everything and that this whole outcome was nothing more than a fortunate coincidence. Anyways, I hope Kubo's able to conclude this flashback fairly soon. Because now I'm just excited to see how Aizen's going to become relevant again.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:11   Link #2874
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Urahara the creeper creepin about
Old 2013-04-10, 17:40   Link #2875
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Why did Katagiri look sad?
Because she's hot for wakasama as much as Masaki's classmates are, and knows that he is saddened by Masaki's clear attraction to this shinigami captain.

Quote:
Why didn't Isshin report that he was attacked by a shinigami.
Assuming he didn't, it's probably so that the Gotei 13 doesn't go snooping around the city and find (and exterminate) that cute Quincy schoolgirl that just saved his ass.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-04-10 at 17:54.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 17:59   Link #2876
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Depends on how you put it really, she's had a "run in" with Aizen and co as well imo.
The characters she's bumped into so far are some of the big boys to the story.
I can understand Jame's jest at Misaki's role in the story now
I would understand if it were any other character, but Masaki's role was to be expected. She's the virgin Mary to Ichigo's Jessus. Everything we're seeing now has been hinted at a long time ago. The lack of surprises is actually a bit boring. All we're getting are confirmations of what we already suspected. I hope Kubo will spice things up soon.
Old 2013-04-10, 18:10   Link #2877
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What are you confused about exactly? This story takes place around 20 years ago. It's not surprising for the two of them to be captains.

I was thinking of where Isshin would fit in TBTP
Old 2013-04-10, 18:47   Link #2878
saravis

Quote:
I was thinking of where Isshin would fit in TBTP
He could have been anywhere, even alive. He could have died an adult, decided almost immediately to become a shinigami and shot his way through the ranks. Or he could have died as a child, lived in Rukongai for a time and then decided to become a shinigami. Or he could have died as a child and decided immediately to become a shinigami. Or, I think you get the idea.
Old 2013-04-10, 20:16   Link #2879
Langus
Optimus Prime

Hmmm another interesting installment. Of course Aizen has his "just as planned" moment, but at least we have one more clue about who the shinigami was that created "White". The fact that they're dead helps a lot, as does (I think) Tousen's uncharacteristically emotional outburst. My guess is the shinigami they used to create "White" is Tousen's old friend who was shown as being dead and buried in the SS arc.
Old 2013-04-10, 20:23   Link #2880
itachi-san314

^that makes sense. she was white too. it's a bit lame though. kubo should just stop mentioning tousen. his character is awful and is capable of turning anything into mediocrity
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter