AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 21:05   Link #2881
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, little miss Masaki is meeting everyone isn't she? Next we're going to find out that Shinji babysat her as a child (and Hiyori was her best friend growing up), plus she knew Grimmjow before he died and became a Hollow, and Kūgo Ginjō was her first boyfriend. Etc.
Really everybody she's running into is logical, if you think about it. Aizen has his hands in everything, like it or not, so it was hardly surprising he'd be involved. Urahara is almost as bad (if not worse), and is actually based on Earth, with a known (if present) connection to Isshin, so he's even less surprising. The only real surprise is that she's a Quincy (which really wasn't that surprising when you realize Ichigo was part of every race seen in the series so far except Quincy), so her knowing Ryuuken is hardly farfetched either.

It's fairly "convenient" that Ichigo has all these connections to all the non-human types, but once you get past that, Masaki's relative paucity of connections is hardly surprising. The only "convenient" truth revealed in this so far that seems a stretch is that Isshin was a Shiba, but even that was foreshadowed well enough for me to guess it before the reveal.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 22:04   Link #2882
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs Send a message via Skype™ to Mangs
I think that one thing’s pretty obvious on this forum; people love complaining.

I seriously do not understand the hate on this one. This is one of the best chapters in Bleach for a very long time. Kubo is finally tying up the loose strings, and in such a way to make it appear both logical and interesting at the same time.
Old 2013-04-11, 00:35   Link #2883
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Hmmm another interesting installment. Of course Aizen has his "just as planned" moment, but at least we have one more clue about who the shinigami was that created "White". The fact that they're dead helps a lot, as does (I think) Tousen's uncharacteristically emotional outburst. My guess is the shinigami they used to create "White" is Tousen's old friend who was shown as being dead and buried in the SS arc.
Wasn't this a long time before Tousen became a Shinigami?
I really doubt, that the souls are around for so long, to be used in an experiment. IMHO the friend of Tousen should have been reborn as a human long ago at this moment in the story.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 01:16   Link #2884
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post

I seriously do not understand the hate on this one. This is one of the best chapters in Bleach for a very long time. Kubo is finally tying up the loose strings, and in such a way to make it appear both logical and interesting at the same time.
I think for most of us it's just nitpicking, which—let's face it—is easy to do with Bleach. I agree that this current flashback is some of the best of the series since the original SS Arc, and while I do kind of shake my head at Kubo's insistence that Ichigo be part human, part Shinigami (from one of the Noble Houses, even), part Hollow/Visored/Arrancar, part Fullbring, and now part Quincy, pretty much everything about this arc is internally consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Wasn't this a long time before Tousen became a Shinigami?
I really doubt, that the souls are around for so long, to be used in an experiment. IMHO the friend of Tousen should have been reborn as a human long ago at this moment in the story.
I was thinking the same thing, myself. If it's a known dead Shinigami, it's one that died recently. My money's on one of the Kuchiki patriarchs. It's not surprising that Ginrei would be dead by this point (he was ancient even by Shinigami standards 100 years ago), but Byakuya's papa should have still been around.

...If it's not just some hapless, random, unnamed Shinigami, of course.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-04-11 at 02:29.
Old 2013-04-11, 03:51   Link #2885
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Really everybody she's running into is logical, if you think about it. Aizen has his hands in everything, like it or not, so it was hardly surprising he'd be involved. Urahara is almost as bad (if not worse), and is actually based on Earth, with a known (if present) connection to Isshin, so he's even less surprising. The only real surprise is that she's a Quincy (which really wasn't that surprising when you realize Ichigo was part of every race seen in the series so far except Quincy), so her knowing Ryuuken is hardly farfetched either.
it's funny how it was a long running joke that he was a quincy... a well let's just deal with it. but yea, i agree the people she met aren't exactly breathtaking and are actually pretty obvious when you boil down what must have happened with ichigo's genetics. the weirdness for me is the timeline and Isshin knowing toshiro and rangiku like that... i'll never get over that randomness. he still seems like more of a royal guard type character. him fitting in as captain of squad 10 just doesnt do it for me
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:24   Link #2886
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Remember when Ichigo turned into a Hollow to fight Ulquiorra? When he was almost finished he started attacking Ishida for no reason who was a Quincy just like Masaki in the previous chapter.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 13:32   Link #2887
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Remember when Ichigo turned into a Hollow to fight Ulquiorra? When he was almost finished he started attacking Ishida for no reason who was a Quincy just like Masaki in the previous chapter.
I thought that was because Ishida stopped him from finishing Ulquiorra off, and did so by moving to attack him - the instinctual hollow was trying to protect itself and finish its mission (protecting Inoue by removing the threat that Ulquiorra presented)
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 16:01   Link #2888
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Yeah I don't think Uryuu was targeted because of his affiliation. He had to stick his face in and keep insisting before he got shishkebab'd.
Old 2013-04-11, 17:42   Link #2889
Casshern

Wow, did Ichigonator really enter Masaki's bloodstream like Aizen said in Alchemist's comic? I think I'll just wait for Alchemist's version next time because it's more to the point with less wasted panels, and takes about the same amount of time as Kubo's to read anyway.

These chapters reminds me of the animosity between Ryuken and Isshin at the beginning of the series. I remember we were joking years ago that maybe there was some woman between them. Anyway, Ichigonator was interesting but this lovestory with Masaki and Isshin is boring imo. I hope Kubo starts moving the plot quickly (fat chance).

I'm wondering if Inoue could be Ichigo's twin sister and the parents we heard about in the beginning only adopted her.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 18:57   Link #2890
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

We've had 3+ Aizen faces in this series already, it's not that surprising that his female characters are finally starting to look a bit similar as well.
Old 2013-04-11, 22:13   Link #2891
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post

I seriously would take a year of Isshin/Masaki, Ryuuken and future baby mama and Urahara and Aizen farting around than watching another round of everyone getting trolled except Jesus Berry....
Old 2013-04-11, 22:51   Link #2892
itachi-san314

^ I dont know... watching a completely one sided war where the good guys took zero losses was pretty intense...
Old 2013-04-12, 09:50   Link #2893
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
^ I dont know... watching a completely one sided war where the good guys took zero losses was pretty intense...
Uh......most of the Gotei is gone, along with Yama.

If you mean FKT though.....it was obvious that Kubo wasn't going to anyone win against Aizen other than Ichigo.
Old 2013-04-12, 10:45   Link #2894
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Uh......most of the Gotei is gone, along with Yama.

If you mean FKT though.....it was obvious that Kubo wasn't going to anyone win against Aizen other than Ichigo.
i meant FKT. and of course ichigo would be the one to beat aizen, but what about the espada? after years of build up they proved to be utterly inconsequential. the captain-class shinigami they all lost to, aizen was taking down 4 at a time. so why did even bother with the espada? it was all just filler. granted it was enjoyable filler until the end where it was obvious they were useless, but still it was a war. anytime a war is completely one sided, where one side suffers literally zero losses, is not suspenseful or enjoyable (to me at least) there needs to be risk, sacrifice and suspense during a war. FTK was basically a massacre. at least with the shitritter invasion, both sides suffered losses.
Old 2013-04-12, 11:37   Link #2895
Eragon
I got you babe.

I effin' knew it! Aizen is the author of this manga.

I agree with the notion of having this flashback/info-dump continuing longer than seeing Ichigo train for his Quincy powers. The death of Unohana and the following demotion(in my eyes) of Kenny as a character has just about turned this manga into a newspaper - something you read out of habit. At least I read newspaper outta habit
Old 2013-04-12, 12:26   Link #2896
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
I effin' knew it! Aizen is the author of this manga.

I agree with the notion of having this flashback/info-dump continuing longer than seeing Ichigo train for his Quincy powers. The death of Unohana and the following demotion(in my eyes) of Kenny as a character has just about turned this manga into a newspaper - something you read out of habit. At least I read newspaper outta habit
Whenever Aizen makes a "Just a planned" both the readers and the characters can't believe Kubo planned it. Heck, Kubo even looks like Aizen.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-13, 02:23   Link #2897
itachi-san314

^so does the kid in ch 15 p 7.

Spoiler for little aizen:
just as planned? he is even talking about characters he created much like aizen 'created' ichigo... this is creeping me out now...
Old 2013-04-13, 03:38   Link #2898
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Spiderghichi.
Old 2013-04-13, 03:38   Link #2899
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
^that makes sense. she was white too. it's a bit lame though. kubo should just stop mentioning tousen. his character is awful and is capable of turning anything into mediocrity
And he had such promise as well. He's got a fairly interesting Bankai, and could have been some badass, emotionless, cornrowed cross between Daredevil and Zatoichi, but instead he was all "Bawww!! The shinigami let my crush get whacked, so f*** the world!!" while trying to convince himself and everyone else that he's taking the "path of least violence". What a tool.

Quote:
^so does the kid in ch 15 p 7.

Spoiler for little aizen:
just as planned? he is even talking about characters he created much like aizen 'created' ichigo... this is creeping me out now...
Mind. Blown. That's some Twilight Zone meta s**t right there. I just hope Kubo doesn't get whacked by his own creations come alive...

...Well, not before he finishes the series, at least... ^_^

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-04-13 at 03:56.
Old 2013-04-13, 15:42   Link #2900
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

John Paul Howard Logan ·
I think they are saying that zangetsu was really the manifestation of his quincy power but taking the form of a zanpakuto because of the natural abilities from being the son of a shinigami. That explains why his zanpakuto's abilities involve flinging masses of dense energy like projectiles. The only thing I don't understand is why neither uryuu or his father could tell. That is also why his bankai can't be repaired because while it is in the form of a zanpakuto it is actually at core quincy abilities. He'll learn of his quincy powers learn to control reishi and use it to repair zangetsu. they won't have him not use his sword for the final battle

Tags
bleach, chapter