AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 19:54   Link #3081
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
^this. yoruichi is my favorite female character. just a little of her would make this arc even better. i'm also a bit confused as to why she isn't there. i guess kubo is too fixated on urahara...
I get the feeling that Kubo will bring her back only to off her....

Yoruichi's my favorite female in this series too but:

1. Kubotroll still needs Urahara around for a little while longer to explain shit. Since the little fucker is tied into EVERYTHING.

2. If Kubo does a backstory and reveals that UraYoru is real, then guess who's probably gonna die.
Old 2013-05-12, 19:59   Link #3082
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Yoruichi doesn't seem the killable type, out of all of the characters. I mean Hinamori out of everyone should probably be dead 10x over by now
Old 2013-05-12, 20:09   Link #3083
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Yoruichi doesn't seem the killable type, out of all of the characters. I mean Hinamori out of everyone should probably be dead 10x over by now
Did Momo survive the massacre? Imma gonna be REALLLLLLLLLL mad is Matsu gets seriously wounded/killed off while fucking Momo survives yet another attempt on her life.
Old 2013-05-12, 20:17   Link #3084
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Did Momo survive the massacre? Imma gonna be REALLLLLLLLLL mad is Matsu gets seriously wounded/killed off while fucking Momo survives yet another attempt on her life.
Momo can't die. She is made of a strange mix between moe+Kubo's trolling. Not even Mr. Just as Planned could kill her.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 04:10   Link #3085
Eragon
Not amused

Momo's the guinea pig for Aizen when he wants to try some new form of psychological torture.
Old 2013-05-13, 05:55   Link #3086
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Momo is there to be the "you just recovered from severe psychological and physical trauma? NOT FOR LONG! LULZZZZZZ~!" character.
Old 2013-05-13, 11:49   Link #3087
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Momo can't die. She is made of a strange mix between moe+Kubo's trolling.
so does that mean she's part quincy?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 13:56   Link #3088
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I keep thinking back to when Aizen gave Ichigo his did you never once think it strange speech and relating that to Momo

Did you never think it was strange?
You where brutaly murdered by captains arancar and quincy
You never thought it was strange that you are still alive?
and so on and so forth with Aizen taking obvious credit for everything.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 16:08   Link #3089
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

And it turned out Momo never existed and was always a manifestation of Kyouka Suigetsu. The unkillable being that is his bankai and whose sole purpose is psychological warfare.
Old 2013-05-13, 16:13   Link #3090
Eragon
Not amused

Aizen for President !!!

It's telling when the most talked about character here is someone who was sidelined two arcs ago
Old 2013-05-13, 16:34   Link #3091
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Aizen for President !!!

It's telling when the most talked about character here is someone who was sidelined two arcs ago
You are incorrect sir! Kubo can not sideline Aizen, because Kubo is Aizen buahahahaha he trolled us all! /sorry i fell into madness briefly... i am normal again, i think
Old 2013-05-13, 18:05   Link #3092
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
You are incorrect sir! Kubo can not sideline Aizen, because Kubo is Aizen buahahahaha he trolled us all! /sorry i fell into madness briefly... i am normal again, i think
Kubo is actually the product of Aizen's illusions. Maybe the whole world was created by Aizen. Okay now I got too far.

Quote:
so does that mean she's part quincy?
Nah. She is part Shingami, part Quincy, part Hollow, part Fullbring, part Uchiha, part Saiyan, part Electric type and part BS.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 18:06   Link #3093
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Nah. She is part Shingami, part Quincy, part Hollow, part Fullbring, part Uchiha, part Saiyan, part Electric type and part BS.
and pure moe
Old 2013-05-13, 18:39   Link #3094
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
and pure moe
I can not argue against this extremely valid point... she is 100% moe. Which makes me believe all the more that she is an illusion, no girl is that moe!
Old 2013-05-14, 08:00   Link #3095
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Who exactly besides Rukia has seen Isshin? Perhaps they did the little reunion off screen but up untill recently wasn't it just rukia and maybe renji (mabey the others did in fillers but I don't watch the anime)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Uh no...Isshins own lieutenant saw Ichigo set him down 10 feet in front of her face before he fought Aizen.

If I had to guess at this point, I would just say it's because he's aged 20 years where he would normally appear to be the same age they remember him as. Still, very lame excuse for not recognizing your captain.
Really, Rukia's the only plot hole when it comes to recognizing Isshin. It's reasonable that Matsumoto, as some have suggested, likely didn't recognize him during the FGT fight because she had plenty of other things to distract her at that point. We don't even know if he was facing her when Ichigo set him down, so she may have just assumed he was some other Shinigami (black-robed, remember). Rukia probably should have recognized him in some manner (he doesn't look that much different), maybe not immediately (it's not like he was her captain), but she saw him plenty of times. No one else seems to have ever seen him, so they wouldn't have known.

As I've suggested before, I think we're going to find out Isshin's identity wasn't quite the secret we thought it was, at least outside of Ichigo and his Earthly friends. We already know Urahara, Aizen, and Ryuuken knew, for obvious reasons, and Juha Bach and at least his right-hand man know of Ichigo's parentage, so they probably know of Isshin's background, at least roughly.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 08:31   Link #3096
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Rukia probably should have recognized him in some manner (he doesn't look that much different), maybe not immediately (it's not like he was her captain), but she saw him plenty of times. No one else seems to have ever seen him, so they wouldn't have known.
We don't really know how often she'd have seen him. He wasn't an instructor at the academy, she wasn't on that good of terms with Byakuya (to the point that he'd show her around to other Captains or take her to meetings or anything), and she wasn't ranked very highly in her Squad. It's likely that the only Shinigami she knew were Byakuya, Gin, ones she studied with, ones on her Squad, and ones on Renji's Squad.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 09:53   Link #3097
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
We don't really know how often she'd have seen him. He wasn't an instructor at the academy, she wasn't on that good of terms with Byakuya (to the point that he'd show her around to other Captains or take her to meetings or anything), and she wasn't ranked very highly in her Squad. It's likely that the only Shinigami she knew were Byakuya, Gin, ones she studied with, ones on her Squad, and ones on Renji's Squad.
Then again, you would think that a shinigami should at least know who every captain is, what they look like besides the haori they wear and recognise them when he sees one...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 09:57   Link #3098
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Then again, you would think that a shinigami should at least know who every captain is, what they look like besides the haori they wear and recognise them when he sees one...
I don't know, I only know like half the partners/principles in my office, let alone the entire firm. If we compare the office to a Squad and the firm to whole of SS, then it makes sense to not necessarily know higher ups unless you interact with them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 11:53   Link #3099
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
yes... at least in a bleach world that makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't know, I only know like half the partners/principles in my office, let alone the entire firm. If we compare the office to a Squad and the firm to whole of SS, then it makes sense to not necessarily know higher ups unless you interact with them.
come on... SS isn't an office culture. it's a samurai culture. 'lesser' people are supposed to know their superiors and bow or prostrate themselves in some way when their superiors are around. we've seen it in bleach many times actually. to assume all the shinigami don't at least know the captains (they should probably know at least the first 5 seats of each squad i would assume) is a bit too convenient for my tastes, but this is bleach after all so whatever
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 12:15   Link #3100
The Small One

Quote:
come on... SS isn't an office culture. it's a samurai culture. 'lesser' people are supposed to know their superiors and bow or prostrate themselves in some way when their superiors are around.
It's actually more like a military.
And just take a look at your average real world military: Nobody knows all of the Generals/Admirals. A normal soldier usually only knows his own superior and that's only because there are photos hanging around in the important offices.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter