AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-07-18, 00:14   Link #3821
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
All I have to say is:

1. Wasn't expecting the Final Battle to be this early. Especially Bach pulling that surprising move. KILL THEM ALL KUBO!!!!!

2. If this is indeed the Final Act, then I want DEATHS. No pussying around this time. Actual, Yama-like DEATHS. Keep the cash cows around but fuck everyone else.
Which ones the cash cow? Orihime? Rangiku? Nell (at times)? ... oh you mean like things people buy the manga for like ichigo, and Rukia (for a couple people).. sorry my bad, I thought you was talkin about large chest areas
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 00:52   Link #3822
Calca
Brina!

The relevant people would be Ichigo, Toshiro, Byakuya (who already got his c*cktease (not) death), Renji, Ichigo's friends who are immortal by way of being Ichigo's friends, Rukia, and Kenpachi.

Kubo will not kill these characters because the shock value and impact it would have has passed. With the final battle approaching look for people like Komamura to be on the chopping block.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 01:37   Link #3823
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Exactly, Ichigo could have told them himself after being told by Soul Society. Kyoraku didn't have to tell them. I doubt that's all it seems to be. I'm sure there's more to it. The whole thing makes me think something's up.
It might be something as simple as Kyoraku doesn't want to do some things the way Yama did. Yama basically just sat around in Seireitei doing nothing until it was almost too late...until the time when it was too late, and it ended up killing him. Kyoraku is more proactive, and doesn't have any problem doing things himself. Besides, as the boss, he doesn't really have anything to *do* as long as he's got everyone correctly assigned to their own roles. He still could have had someone else send the message (Nanao, for instance, which would have caused a completely different reaction from Keigo at least), but it shows that he does actually care enough about this that he's doing it personally. Quite a character moment for him, coming from Kubo.

Or, yes, he could be hiding something. And probably is even if this was just a courtesy visit. There's always been a bit of a mystery about him, especially since the reveal of his Shikai's powers and the mention of how dangerous his Bankai is. He's like a slightly less creepy Urahara, in that respect... No surprise that they both wear hats that often shadow their faces. Either way, I think it was good face time for a could-be-interesting character that really hasn't ever gotten enough.

Also, character development pretty much means a massive Death Flag for Kyoraku, but that went without saying once he took over the position of Cap'n Commander and the "Next one for Bach to kill before Ichigo faces him" role that that comes with. Which brings me to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
The relevant people would be Ichigo, Toshiro, Byakuya (who already got his c*cktease (not) death), Renji, Ichigo's friends who are immortal by way of being Ichigo's friends, Rukia, and Kenpachi.

Kubo will not kill these characters because the shock value and impact it would have has passed.
I would actually expect one of the above to not make it, just to cement the fact that this is the final arc (it is "arc", by the way, as in "story arc", meant to call to mind the geometric term; not "arch", as in the structural term, for whoever it was that made that all-too-common mistake earlier), and thus "Anyone Can Die". Won't be until right before the end, though. Kubo's not that stupid.

My money's on Rukia for maximum effect, and to bring things full-circle. We'll see her again in some kind of reincarnation, though, at the very end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Soo.. who's ready to see 9 days take place over a 9 month period?
Guess I'm not the only one who had visions of DBZ's (anime) Namek Arc when he saw that... ^_^
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 01:43   Link #3824
The Green One

But the planet will explode in five minutes! FIVE MINTUES! That's hardly any time at all! WHAT'LL WE DOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!?

Anyway I think Kyoraku is just trying to be courteous, plus all the crap Ichigo has done for SS has more than earned him a favor like this towards his friend's. Perhaps he's just trying to be a good "boss".
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 06:03   Link #3825
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Free tickets to Soul Society? To people who just happened to have survived Aizen and are sensitive to spirits? And they were given to Ichigo's family too?

This is fishy as all fuck. Especially with the reasoning that Ichigo's powers might be too strong to allow him to remain in the human world without affecting it. That's funny, because that's exactly what has been happening all along. If it weren't for Ichigo becoming a Shinigami in the first place, none of his friends would have the abilities they do now.

This is a page out of Urahara's book of trolling. Those tickets represent something more than just an unlimited pass to Soul Society.
Old 2013-07-18, 07:15   Link #3826
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Free tickets to Soul Society? To people who just happened to have survived Aizen and are sensitive to spirits? And they were given to Ichigo's family too?

This is fishy as all fuck. Especially with the reasoning that Ichigo's powers might be too strong to allow him to remain in the human world without affecting it. That's funny, because that's exactly what has been happening all along. If it weren't for Ichigo becoming a Shinigami in the first place, none of his friends would have the abilities they do now.

This is a page out of Urahara's book of trolling. Those tickets represent something more than just an unlimited pass to Soul Society.
I think the same thing. If they had such things wouldn't Ichigo have gotten one a long time ago? It could be an illusion trap from the quincey or aizen ....or even something to increase the fighting force by luring spiritually sensitive people to the other side to train and fight. I think he was just bsing when he said Ichigo's family has them so he doesn't have to explain that they are shinigami and can come and go as they please.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 07:19   Link #3827
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
The whole damn chapter was pretty much filler to not show any plot development for other characters, instead we get more Ichigo Friends bitching and moaning about Ichigo saving the world rather than hanging with them.

I hate this chapter more than the useless quincy girls chapter. This chapter coulda been used to see Konamaru's story or more Hisagi/Kensie training... but no... "Why y no let ichigo play with us and let you all and the world die?"

Coulda been cut down to two pages instead of half the damn chapter. The rest being boring talking involving the lamest character in the show, Orihime...
Old 2013-07-18, 10:20   Link #3828
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

5 week hiatus? god damn
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 15:08   Link #3829
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

So screwy, Ichigo becoming too strong for mere mortals to handle his presence.
Old 2013-07-18, 16:57   Link #3830
SeanQ

sad they chose kyoraku to be the new captain ... has unohana have a fight to the death ... goes to human world to relay useless information ... and now bach attacks ... soul society is left without their new leader and healer ... lawl

can only hope mayuri was able to come up with something useful for this predicament
Old 2013-07-18, 17:13   Link #3831
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post

Kubo will not kill these characters because the shock value and impact it would have has passed. With the final battle approaching look for people like Komamura to be on the chopping block.
Yep.

Komamura, Kensei.....they're either getting some big time powerups or they're screwed.

I don't see Kyoraku getting killed off though. I can't see Kubo getting rid of yet ANOTHER CC.

Uno's dead and it looks like Orihime's going to be fighting with the Arrancars this round so Kubo can't give anymore cocktease deaths like he did to Byakuya.

Either go all the way or don't this time.
Old 2013-07-18, 18:43   Link #3832
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Honestly, the most annoying thing about Kubo's style, exacerbated I'm sure by the translation barrier, is figuring out just what the hell is going on during largely visual events. Is Seireitei gone, just leaving Rukongai? If so, where is the 12th Division HQ, where they just exposited that Seireitei has disappeared, if not in Seireitei, like all the other division HQs? Does Bach just want to wipe out all the souls in SS, and so dumped Seireitei "elsewhere" so they wouldn't interfere while he cleanses rest of SS of the peons? If so, he kind of miscalculated, because we've seen that most of the named characters are not currently in Seireitei, including its new CC.

It's not the cliffhanger that bugs me before the five-week hiatus. It's having to wait five weeks for some context to figure out what the hell just happened...
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 16:01   Link #3833
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

So Ichigo is so broken that he cannot have a seal restriction just like the captains?
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 05:37   Link #3834
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
So screwy, Ichigo becoming too strong for mere mortals to handle his presence.
I'll call it Triple A (Accidental Aizen Ahoy!)
Old 2013-07-20, 13:52   Link #3835
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
So Ichigo is so broken that he cannot have a seal restriction just like the captains?
No. Kubo just has no damn idea where to go from here so he's wasting time.
Old 2013-07-20, 22:57   Link #3836
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'll call it Triple A (Accidental Aizen Ahoy!)
The only thing Aizen had besides haxor sword powers was the Hougyoku. In reality, he was at most 2nd strongest, as Yamamoto was no doubt the actual strongest in terms of raw energy. Of course Yamaji went out like shit by having his powers stolen, so just being the strongest doesn't mean anything, unless you're the protagonist.
Old 2013-07-20, 23:26   Link #3837
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well yes, he does have the Hokediggity, but I put it that way because Aizen's aura ended up killing a random person who didn't have spiritual awareness and got too close to him.
Old 2013-07-21, 10:25   Link #3838
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

I wonder if Inoue and Sado are really going to do something this time. I think even Inoue's parody from Gintama did more things than her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8Z4lEPSAVc
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 11:02   Link #3839
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
5 week hiatus? god damn
Did Kubo set this up or something? after a 5 week hiatus, Bleach would return on the 9th of September.

quote from last chapter
Quote:
"The sealed king of the Quincy regained his heartbeat after 9000 years, regained his intellect after 90 years, regained his power after 9 years, and regained the world after 9 days"
next chaper would be released in 9/9

does he have an obsession with the number 9 or something?
would be even funnier if Jump retailers on Japan opens at 9am

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 12:01   Link #3840
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

from where I read my stuff

Quote:
So it looks like Bleach is having its last call. Confirmed in this weeks issue of jump. Rough translation is as follows:

After this weeks issue, Bleach will be on hiatus from Jump 35-40. Starting from jump 41 (09/09), the last arc "1000 years Blood Ward Arc - The Separation Story" will start.

Before the last battle, i will be going on a long hiatus so that I can approach the final battle fully charged and give it my absolute all. When the manga resumes, please prepare yourselves for the "1000 years Blood Ward Arc - The Separation Story".

Tags
bleach, chapter