AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-11, 14:33   Link #4641
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Quote:
That one still took the cake... his power is something that is easily countered if you know the trick behind it, and he goes out of his way to explain what it is. If he had kept his mouth shut, mister superstar would have died before he could figure out what was happening to him.
It's just SO STUPID! He might as well have started talking about his shikai to the little guy he sliced to pieces.
Quote:
Except he was behaving like he could hear perfectly fine after the fact.
Busting your eardrums, "Its just a flesh wound!"
And this just makes it that much dumber...ugh.
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:17   Link #4642
The Butcher
Butchered Taste
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Well Rose was cool, but went full tard by explaining his ability before he finished it :/.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:28   Link #4643
SeanQ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
all things considered, at least the vizard managed to kill a harmless kid and destroy the wrestler's ears ... and now they bout to make Renji look like Goku ...

next group of vizards will serve to make Rukia look impressive.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:32   Link #4644
The Butcher
Butchered Taste
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Vizards getting boned in two arcs :/.

Jesus, when are they going to be awesome?
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:35   Link #4645
ChampDream
Alive
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: I'm lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
I'm not sure if busting your eardrums can be considered easy <.< that's perma hearing loss
well the guy look like he have super strength, so it would be easy for him and is a war, you may win the war, but still lose something important.
__________________
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 15:58   Link #4646
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Vizards getting boned in two arcs :/.

Jesus, when are they going to be awesome?
Never.

This chapter officially confirms the fact that Kubo doesn't give a fuck about the Vizards so, the ones in the Living World like Hiyori, Hachi and Love? Yeah, you guys are toast.

Kubo should've had them use their Hollow forms...easy way to probably stall off the VRs but everyone has gone full on retard. At least both Kensei and Rose went down trying unlike other people (Shinji, I"m talking to you.)
__________________
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 16:07   Link #4647
SeanQ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Never.

This chapter officially confirms the fact that Kubo doesn't give a fuck about the Vizards so, the ones in the Living World like Hiyori, Hachi and Love? Yeah, you guys are toast.

Kubo should've had them use their Hollow forms...easy way to probably stall off the VRs but everyone has gone full on retard. At least both Kensei and Rose went down trying unlike other people (Shinji, I"m talking to you.)

Nah Hachi is the only valid badass of the group ... the rest already shamed
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 16:13   Link #4648
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
casualty count

VR - bambi, cang du, mecha dude, little midget


Shinigami - Hitsugaya, matsumoto, wolf dude, 69, ikkaku, peacock, soifon, kensei, rose
You forgot one
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 17:33   Link #4649
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 25
GJ Rose, explaining your ability to him.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 17:53   Link #4650
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Rose...if you wanted to tell US how your ability worked, you should've just inner monologued it. But. I guess that's the price he has to pay for his arrogance. I mean he clearly thought his opponent wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about his bankai. So I see why he spelled it all out for him. But was this really time to be cocky Rose?

Anyways,
I know it might be difficult for some of you to take this question seriously,
but am I the only one that feels like the Vizards among the Gotei 13 must've made some kind of nonsensical oath to refrain from using their hollow powers? Because its definitely something I could see the members of central 46 deciding on before allowing these guys to resume their roles as captains.

I simply refuse to believe that the only reason these guys didn't use their hollow powers is because they're THAT dumb. Anyways, I'm hoping these fatal injuries force these vizards to undergo the same sort of transformation Ichigo went through when Ulquiorra technically killed him. Though I know that's just asking for too much at this point.

Jeez, I can't believe Renji of all people is going to be the one to take down an opponent who defeated two captains. That's just embarrassing. Hopefully Renji gets massacred and Kensei and Rose go all perfect-hollowfication on Mr. Mucha Lucha.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 18:07   Link #4651
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Rose...if you wanted to tell US how your ability worked, you should've just inner monologued it. But. I guess that's the price he has to pay for his arrogance. I mean he clearly thought his opponent wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about his bankai. So I see why he spelled it all out for him. But was this really time to be cocky Rose?
I get what you're saying, but to be fair, it was pretty obvious that Rose's ability works using sound. He had a conductor's baton in his hand, and music must have been playing anyway.

Quote:
Anyways,
I know it might be difficult for some of you to take this question seriously,
but am I the only one that feels like the Vizards among the Gotei 13 must've made some kind of nonsensical oath to refrain from using their hollow powers? Because its definitely something I could see the members of central 46 deciding on before allowing these guys to resume their roles as captains.
No such thing, Mashiro used hollow powers when Hisagi was training.

Quote:
I simply refuse to believe that the only reason these guys didn't use their hollow powers is because they're THAT dumb.
Rose's mask lasts 3 minutes, remember? Not the sort of thing you bust out so quickly.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 18:30   Link #4652
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I get what you're saying, but to be fair, it was pretty obvious that Rose's ability works using sound. He had a conductor's baton in his hand, and music must have been playing anyway.
True. But despite that, the wrestler's first inclination wasn't that the Bankai was producing sound-based illusions. He was clearly fooled into thinking it could produce the elements he was getting nailed with. So who knows if he would've figured it out quickly enough to save his life? But even if Kubo had no intention of letting Rose win this fight, he should've just let Mask de Masculine figure it out for himself instead of making Rose look bad like that. Because if it's as you say, there were clearly enough clues for him to plausibly figure it out. But at least it wouldn't have had to make Rose look so incompetent. You know what I mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
No such thing, Mashiro used hollow powers when Hisagi was training.
Good point. I forgot about that. Then again, it did appear as if that little training session took place in secret and outside of the walls of the sereitei. So perhaps there was a little rulebending going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Rose's mask lasts 3 minutes, remember? Not the sort of thing you bust out so quickly.
I guess I can sort of forgive Rose since he did appear this chapter with something new and got defeated before he had an opportunity to pull out the last resort (assuming the mask is the trump card). But Kensei didn't have as good an excuse IMO. His Bankai got defeated already. So instead of getting back up to try the same tired tactics over again, it might've been wiser to step it up a notch.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 18:43   Link #4653
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Rose's mask lasts 3 minutes, remember? Not the sort of thing you bust out so quickly.
Even so, if you just saw your comparably capable friend just get his ass handed to him, it might be time to step it up. Kensei was beaten while using his Bankai and Rose goes and does the same. It makes me recall a quote about idiots and the insane doing the same thing expecting different results.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 19:05   Link #4654
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
True. But despite that, the wrestler's first inclination wasn't that the Bankai was producing sound-based illusions. He was clearly fooled into thinking it could produce the elements he was getting nailed with.
Actually, no. As soon as Rose used fire and water, he knew it was a trick. Rose's mistake was using something that was clearly impossible for a zanpakutou.

Quote:
So who knows if he would've figured it out quickly enough to save his life? But even if Kubo had no intention of letting Rose win this fight, he should've just let Mask de Masculine figure it out for himself instead of making Rose look bad like that. Because if it's as you say, there were clearly enough clues for him to plausibly figure it out. But at least it wouldn't have had to make Rose look so incompetent. You know what I mean?
I can agree with that. However, from the Doylian perspective, an explanation of Rose's bankai was necessary. Perhaps Kubo thought that rather than having Rose monologue and then Mask figuring it out, he would just put the two together.

Good point. I forgot about that. Then again, it did appear as if that little training session took place in secret and outside of the walls of the sereitei. So perhaps there was a little rulebending going on?

Quote:
But Kensei didn't have as good an excuse IMO. His Bankai got defeated already. So instead of getting back up to try the same tired tactics over again, it might've been wiser to step it up a notch.
I can agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Even so, if you just saw your comparably capable friend just get his ass handed to him, it might be time to step it up. Kensei was beaten while using his Bankai and Rose goes and does the same. It makes me recall a quote about idiots and the insane doing the same thing expecting different results.
Rose's bankai and Kensei's bankai aren't even remotely similar. Kensei's bankai works through close contact, while Rose's is an illusion/summoning type. So he was trying something different.

That's also why Rose didn't use his mask, since it confers increased speed, strength and reiryoku, none of which is useful to him when he uses bankai, since he basically plays the role of a conductor.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 19:28   Link #4655
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Rose's bankai and Kensei's bankai aren't even remotely similar. Kensei's bankai works through close contact, while Rose's is an illusion/summoning type. So he was trying something different.

That's also why Rose didn't use his mask, since it confers increased speed, strength and reiryoku, none of which is useful to him when he uses bankai, since he basically plays the role of a conductor.
A bankai is a bankai, if we're talking someone with greater status where the Bankai is going to be considerably more powerful, like Yamamoto, then I could understand. However, if you see your friend whip out a comparable power and he gets beaten, doing the same is idiotic. It is time to step it up.

As to the reasoning, his Bankai is an illusion, Rose is still going to have to attack. Look at Aizen, he attacked his enemies that were hypnotized. If Rose couldn't attack, then that's a pretty horrible Bankai and he should demand a refund.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 19:36   Link #4656
the one above all
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Why is it that in this entire manga Gin was the only one smart to realize it is probably not a good idea to explain how your power works to your enemy? I just really hope the vizards that are left can redeem their group because the vizards are becoming a joke.
__________________
the one above all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 20:07   Link #4657
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
"Who are you?"

(as if he could hear the answer)

Only kubo can fuck up his plot on the same page.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 20:39   Link #4658
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
A bankai is a bankai, if we're talking someone with greater status where the Bankai is going to be considerably more powerful, like Yamamoto, then I could understand. However, if you see your friend whip out a comparable power and he gets beaten, doing the same is idiotic. It is time to step it up.
Did you even read what I posted? Rose and Kensei's bankais are completely different. Plus, Rose using his mask makes no sense against Mask.

Quote:
As to the reasoning, his Bankai is an illusion, Rose is still going to have to attack. Look at Aizen, he attacked his enemies that were hypnotized. If Rose couldn't attack, then that's a pretty horrible Bankai and he should demand a refund.
Did you miss the part where the illusions are the attack?
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 20:54   Link #4659
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
"Who are you?"

(as if he could hear the answer)

Only kubo can fuck up his plot on the same page.
Doncha know, wrestlers know how to read lips. You expect them to be able to hear each other over their screaming fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Did you even read what I posted? Rose and Kensei's bankais are completely different. Plus, Rose using his mask makes no sense against Mask.



Did you miss the part where the illusions are the attack?
Alright, here's an analogy for you as to what I'm talking about. Two friends are playing an RPG game. One is a mage, the other is a fighter and both are level 10. They come across a battle and the fighter says that he wants to take it. The fighter gets his ass handed to him and they both realize that being level 10 isn't going to be enough for that battle. It doesn't matter that the mage has different abilities, the abilities are of the same level and him attempting to fight at that level is going to result in the same failure. If either that fighter or mage wants to win that battle, they need to step it up.

As to it making no sense for Rose to use his mask, that makes no sense. He needs more power to win. If Kensei, at the level of power that he had, couldn't win, what hope could Rose have had, unless he stepped it up.

As to the illusions being the attack, if they actually had any offensive ability, they wouldn't be illusions now would they?
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-11, 21:07   Link #4660
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Alright, here's an analogy for you as to what I'm talking about. Two friends are playing an RPG game. One is a mage, the other is a fighter and both are level 10. They come across a battle and the fighter says that he wants to take it. The fighter gets his ass handed to him and they both realize that being level 10 isn't going to be enough for that battle. It doesn't matter that the mage has different abilities, the abilities are of the same level and him attempting to fight at that level is going to result in the same failure. If either that fighter or mage wants to win that battle, they need to step it up.
That's a really simplistic analogy that doesn't take compatibility between abilities into context.

Quote:
As to it making no sense for Rose to use his mask, that makes no sense. He needs more power to win. If Kensei, at the level of power that he had, couldn't win, what hope could Rose have had, unless he stepped it up.
Do you know what the masks do? They confer increased strength,speed and reiryoku. Rose isn't a direct type fighter like Kensei and Mask. What would be the point of challenging Mask to the type of fight he's best at? So that renders the increased strength and speed pointless.

As for increased reiryoku, I don't think the use of illusions in Rose's bankai actually requires more reiryoku to be effective.

Quote:
As to the illusions being the attack, if they actually had any offensive ability, they wouldn't be illusions now would they?
You should reread the chapter. Rose clearly states that the illusions are the attack. If he hypnotizes a person into thinking they're burning, they will actually burn. That is the ability of Rose's bankai.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.