AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-12-18, 09:23   Link #4721
Mr. DJ
Schwing!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Central Texas
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ugh, Someone needs to teach Kubo how scaling works.
A million times this...

I know there has to be a passing of the guard and all, but for fucks sake man...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 09:39   Link #4722
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
THIS SO MUCH RIGHT HERE.
I mean it takes them hundreds of years to get dozens of times strogner. And in a few days a VC gets a 20x+ boost? C'mon!



Hanataro next Spirit King 2014.
What are you on about, everyone knows that he is the Spirit King. :P

I wonder what Urahara's bankai will be like. Seeing how he stated in the past that his bankai is not good for training people.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 11:56   Link #4723
SeanQ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
What are you on about, everyone knows that he is the Spirit King. :P

I wonder what Urahara's bankai will be like. Seeing how he stated in the past that his bankai is not good for training people.
you want urahara to be used for a measuring stick for showing rukia off? xD
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 11:58   Link #4724
Hiss13
Eternal Hospital Resident
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
Hanataro is deserving of ridiculous power up =(
I miss Hanataro. He was fun…I wonder what happened to the poor little guy.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 12:40   Link #4725
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Hanataro next Spirit King 2014.
i'm pretty certain he is the spirit king. it's like undercover boss, soul society style
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 14:33   Link #4726
GusGus
Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Ugh, Someone needs to teach Kubo how scaling works.
Do you mean scaling in a shonen manga? 'cause Kubo seems to get that right.
GusGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 15:28   Link #4727
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
A million times this...

I know there has to be a passing of the guard and all, but for fucks sake man...
I know how you feel about this. My reaction was the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
What are you on about, everyone knows that he is the Spirit King. :P

I wonder what Urahara's bankai will be like. Seeing how he stated in the past that his bankai is not good for training people.
My bad

Its probably good for killing people. If I recall right his Benehime dealt with blood and what not right> When he was training Ichigo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm pretty certain he is the spirit king. it's like undercover boss, soul society style
That would be a pleasant surprise imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus View Post
Do you mean scaling in a shonen manga? 'cause Kubo seems to get that right.
I don't think so. The whole Renji thing was wacky to me and others.
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 16:46   Link #4728
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48° 28' 43.50", +16° 35' 17.08"
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I would have loved that chapter a couple of years ago, but making Renji cool right before the end is just bs.. it's way too late to redeem this character.

I better prepare myself for uber-Rukia

oh boy am I butthurt, why can't we have a Vizard being awesome for a change? aside from Hachi we haven't seen and will most likely never see a Vizard putting up a good fight

Mashiro hammered Wonderweiss for a while
Kensei saved Mashiro from Wonderweiss
Shinji trolled Grimjaw with a Cero
.. and that's pretty much it when I think of cool Vizard moments
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 18:26   Link #4729
saravis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
So let me get this straight, Renji, with just shikai, utterly pwned an enemy that two veteran captains couldn't beat with bankai. I can't decide if I should applaud Renji or laugh at the captains. I guess this means that Renji has been upgraded from Krillin.
__________________
So people understand that I do not take these discussions seriously, its all good fun.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 18:33   Link #4730
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i dunno. i think the quicker the end of it the better. let's just cut our losses the past few chapters and hope for a better fight next time
This is so disappointing and anti-climactic, that I'm willing to give this a couple more chapters if it means Rose and Kensei can save face by ending things on a high(er) note. I mean this may very well be the last fight they ever get to themselves. So what a horrible way to end things if that's the case.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 20:54   Link #4731
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
you want urahara to be used for a measuring stick for showing rukia off? xD
Yep pretty much. Lets not forget her Bankai and how she has improved her shikai kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
My bad

Its probably good for killing people. If I recall right his Benehime dealt with blood and what not right> When he was training Ichigo?
Yh it has something to do with blood. Maybe it can work hand in hand with Unohana's bankai. I'm pretty sure most bankai's are good for killing people.

Calling it Renji will be teaming up with 69 and the other 2 guys that got knocked out to fight the wrestler in his final form thing. Where we proceed to learn that by killing James he goes into his final form. Creating more James in the process.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 20:56   Link #4732
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
What are you on about, everyone knows that he is the Spirit King. :P

I wonder what Urahara's bankai will be like. Seeing how he stated in the past that his bankai is not good for training people.
Its a sadist princess!

When is Yoruichi going to make a apperance?
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 21:54   Link #4733
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
I would have loved that chapter a couple of years ago, but making Renji cool right before the end is just bs.. it's way too late to redeem this character.

I better prepare myself for uber-Rukia

oh boy am I butthurt, why can't we have a Vizard being awesome for a change? aside from Hachi we haven't seen and will most likely never see a Vizard putting up a good fight

Mashiro hammered Wonderweiss for a while
Kensei saved Mashiro from Wonderweiss
Shinji trolled Grimjaw with a Cero
.. and that's pretty much it when I think of cool Vizard moments
Yeah the vizards wre hyped so much in the beginning. And I even like 4 of them more than Renji. Even though Love is too flamboyant imo . But w/e.

The only ones who can redeem the situation of the vizards are Love, Hachi, & possibly Shinji. Don't count on it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
So let me get this straight, Renji, with just shikai, utterly pwned an enemy that two veteran captains couldn't beat with bankai. I can't decide if I should applaud Renji or laugh at the captains. I guess this means that Renji has been upgraded from Krillin.
Also don't forget that those vizards were captains for around 70 years give or taken before becoming vizards and had 110 years more to train before we see Renji being a VC for 40 years.

So 180 years of captain level power vs 42 years of VC level power. Few days later...

BAM! Hes senior captain level. Wtf?

P.S. Also the boost by hollow powers.

Kubo could have just chosen 2 other captains or close to captain level. Like Ikkau & Toshiro.

And hell since bankais aren't so rare anymore might have as well have made Yumichika have one too if those guys both went down and THEN Renji came in and owned MDM like that. Would have been well written (and executed) imo. With the scaling and everything.
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 21:58   Link #4734
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Yep pretty much. Lets not forget her Bankai and how she has improved her shikai kills.



Yh it has something to do with blood. Maybe it can work hand in hand with Unohana's bankai. I'm pretty sure most bankai's are good for killing people.

Calling it Renji will be teaming up with 69 and the other 2 guys that got knocked out to fight the wrestler in his final form thing. Where we proceed to learn that by killing James he goes into his final form. Creating more James in the process.

She has a bankai now too? Figures. I doubt it I suspect MDM will go volstanding and Renji will go bankai play around a bit before one or two shitting him and going ot help others. Just to be stopped by Ywach who one-shots him.

Yeah he will probably team up with Hisagi. Since Ikkau's thing is broken.
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 23:18   Link #4735
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
About the only way this scaling issue can be resolved at this point is if we see Mask come back and trollkill Renji with his Vollständig, then start celebrating with a recovered James, then we cut to Rose and Renji standing and watching a catatonic Mask, and find out that the whole last few chapters have been the effects of Rose's "Ein Heldenleben" ("A Hero's Life") that we thought Mask had avoided. One coup de grace later, we move on.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-18, 23:44   Link #4736
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: City of Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
About the only way this scaling issue can be resolved at this point is if we see Mask come back and trollkill Renji with his Vollständig, then start celebrating with a recovered James, then we cut to Rose and Renji standing and watching a catatonic Mask, and find out that the whole last few chapters have been the effects of Rose's "Ein Heldenleben" ("A Hero's Life") that we thought Mask had avoided. One coup de grace later, we move on.
This could work too but it seems too much of a similar ability to Aizen's imo.

Unless Aizen is already out (which may be true going by the chapter NIGHT RIGHT) & has assisted Kensin & Rose not get knocked out. And is aiding the Soul reaper on the sidelines. Waiting for his moment to strike.
Tornado The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 02:36   Link #4737
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
This could work too but it seems too much of a similar ability to Aizen's imo.

Unless Aizen is already out (which may be true going by the chapter NIGHT RIGHT) & has assisted Kensin & Rose not get knocked out. And is aiding the Soul reaper on the sidelines. Waiting for his moment to strike.
Normally, I absolutely hate the "Bobby Ewing" plot device, but given Aizen's abilities and demeanor, it would actually make sense for him to show up eventually, having been "hiding in plain sight", duping one side (and/)or the other (and by extension the audience) while affecting some of the outcomes.

Speaking of Aizen, I still feel we're going to eventually find out that he doesn't have (and never has had) a Bankai. His Shikai is already at a level of haxx way above your average Captain's Bankai, and it would explain so much about his nature and motivations...
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 12:16   Link #4738
shalala
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Under the 7 seas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
She has a bankai now too? Figures. I doubt it I suspect MDM will go volstanding and Renji will go bankai play around a bit before one or two shitting him and going ot help others. Just to be stopped by Ywach who one-shots him.

Yeah he will probably team up with Hisagi. Since Ikkau's thing is broken.
Nope she doesn't have one as of yet but you never know. I was guessing on the bankai part seeing how she would have trained with the RG soo for cliffhanger effects Kubo can go "Hey Rukia now has a Bankai" ends chapter.

Ikkau's sword broke? When? That sucks. He rarely shows off his bankai to others much like his friend and his shikai. I don't think Ywach will be moving any time soon much like Aizen did. He probably going to move out near the end of it or when his solders have been killed or killed by B. Hmmm I wonder if B doesn't really kill them but instead absorbs them much like what happened to Bambi and then will give them to Ywach.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 14:07   Link #4739
SeanQ
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
she traveled to hyorinmaru mountain to gain access to stronger ice.
__________________
Your signature was deleted by a Mod because it exceeded the size limit requested in the forum rules! Please take a look at it.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 14:15   Link #4740
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
she traveled to hyorinmaru mountain to gain access to stronger ice.
Kubo should just go full troll and have her combine the powers of fire and ice. And since her Shikai already has a sort of dance theme, her bankai could be a Dance of Fire and Ice.

What? >_>
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.