AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-01-03, 03:10   Link #4781
The Small One
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
It's sad how the fight against this Quincy wrestler is taking longer than Ichigo vs Aizen
The length of a manga fight should show how dangerous the enemy is.
In Ichigo vs. Aizen, Ichigo was already so overpowered, that Aizen wasn't really a threat for him anymore.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 06:32   Link #4782
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

is it possible they are not allowed to use them as part of their re-integration into SS?
That would be the worst condition ever, especially in a war.
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 13:03   Link #4783
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
That would be the worst condition ever, especially in a war.
so in other words it's perfectly fitting for SS
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 13:44   Link #4784
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the warm embrace of ice.
Age: 21
We need Aizen-Yoruichi-Yachiru (the little one) back. Their sass is the only saving grace of this manga. Hollow Ichigo has it but seeing this No-Hollowfication bullshit means he's not coming back.
__________________
Signature courtesy of rikikai
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 23:04   Link #4785
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So...I read up (manga-wise) the part up until Ichigo was meeting with some special squad people to learn about his bankai or about bankai / swords in general.

In any case, stopped reading the manga to let it run for a while, was just wanting to check in to see if now is a good time to catch up? And is the current arc better than people had hoped or thought it'd be?
The best thing about this arc is that Kubo has finally started answering SOME questions anyway (Ichigo's background and why he's so special, shown some bankais).

However, while it's not as bad as the Fullbring Arc, it's not as fun as watching Aizen troll everyone and their mother either. Also, it's pretty obvious that Kubo's checked out on most of the characters (see the Vizards)
__________________
GDiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 00:16   Link #4786
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
That would be the worst condition ever, especially in a war.
Welcome to the wonderful world of "Rules of Engagement".
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 12:38   Link #4787
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The length of a manga fight should show how dangerous the enemy is.
In Ichigo vs. Aizen, Ichigo was already so overpowered, that Aizen wasn't really a threat for him anymore.
That may be. But it didn't stop the length of that battle from feeling any less anti-climactic or inappropriate (to some of us anyways). Long story short, Ichigo shouldn't have become THAT overpowered and a fight that took years to build up to shouldn't have ended that quickly because of it. It should've at least been as long as Ulquiorra's final battle IMO.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 14:35   Link #4788
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
The best thing about this arc is that Kubo has finally started answering SOME questions anyway (Ichigo's background and why he's so special, shown some bankais).

However, while it's not as bad as the Fullbring Arc, it's not as fun as watching Aizen troll everyone and their mother either. Also, it's pretty obvious that Kubo's checked out on most of the characters (see the Vizards)
Dang, sounds like it's just not as fun/good as the old arcs of Bleach.

:'(
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 17:37   Link #4789
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
The best thing about this arc is that Kubo has finally started answering SOME questions anyway (Ichigo's background and why he's so special, shown some bankais).
the isshin/masaki flashback
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 22:46   Link #4790
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a van by the river
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the isshin/masaki flashback
well...I included that for Ichigo's background. I mean, we did find out that he's half shinigami/half Quincy afterall.
__________________
GDiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 23:54   Link #4791
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
The best thing about this arc is that Kubo has finally started answering SOME questions anyway (Ichigo's background and why he's so special, shown some bankais).
the isshin/masaki flashback
nude Masaki
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 02:54   Link #4792
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
well...I included that for Ichigo's background. I mean, we did find out that he's half shinigami/half Quincy afterall.
Derp, I probably shouldn't have read this forum at this point.

derp derp derp derp derp....sooooo much derp.

But if that were the case, and that implies ichigo's mom was a quincy, how the hell does a quincy lose to a regular hollow (grand fisher or whatever his name was)
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 03:46   Link #4793
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
But if that were the case, and that implies ichigo's mom was a quincy, how the hell does a quincy lose to a regular hollow (grand fisher or whatever his name was)
Short (and vague) answer: neither confirming or denying she ever had any kind of innate power, on that day, at least, she had no power to protect herself from Grand Fisher.

Long answer: read the manga. Start with the Quincy Arc, Chapter 480. Don't know if I necessarily like Kubo's explanation (given in Chapter 537), but it is pretty well explained in the manga, or at least is explained in a way that makes sense in the narrative of the story. Problem is, if you don't read the rest of the manga leading up to it, it doesn't make as much sense, and feels like an asspull (since you're not getting any lead up).

Also, if you're going to actually read the manga, ignore the rest of this post.

-
-
-
-
-

Wild hair speculation idea: Aizen put Grand Fisher on Masaki's trail that day since he knew GF would be able to kill her. The "why" should be obvious.
__________________

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-01-05 at 20:17.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 11:46   Link #4794
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
^Thanks for the post as well as the spoiler warning. Also thanks for the chapter number! I didn't know I last left off, so that's a good starting point. Appreciate it.
__________________
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 16:30   Link #4795
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Wild hair speculation idea: Aizen put Grand Fisher on Masaki's trail that day since he knew GF would be able to kill her. The "why" should be obvious.
i think it's a certainty that he did. he was watching everything involving isshin/masaki/ichigo since the start of it all. if he didn't want grand fisher to kill her he would have stopped it. he also had an established relationship with grand fisher afterword since he was one of the first arrancar to be made and sent to KT. i would say this theory gives aizen too much credit if it weren't for everything in bleach relating to aizen
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 20:29   Link #4796
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i think it's a certainty that he did. he was watching everything involving isshin/masaki/ichigo since the start of it all. if he didn't want grand fisher to kill her he would have stopped it. he also had an established relationship with grand fisher afterword since he was one of the first arrancar to be made and sent to KT. i would say this theory gives aizen too much credit if it weren't for everything in bleach relating to aizen
That's just the kind of thing that Aizen does, is run around behind the scenes setting stuff up. And since he probably knew Bach was going to be depowering all the impure Quincies, his little experiment with Masaki was over. Time to get rid of the evidence. Makes total sense. And if Ichigo ends up with Fullbringer powers as a result, all the better.

Come to think of it, it makes more sense that someone, even if it wasn't Aizen, was involved with Masaki's confrontation with GF. Otherwise, how is Ichigo still alive? You think GF would have been happy with just Masaki, especially if she'd just been depowered? Someone had to scare him off, or otherwise dissuade him from eating Ichigo for dessert.
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 22:47   Link #4797
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
And if Ichigo ends up with Fullbringer powers as a result, all the better.
that happened when masaki was pregnant and white attacked her. the fullbringer thing happens when the child is in the womb

Quote:
Come to think of it, it makes more sense that someone, even if it wasn't Aizen, was involved with Masaki's confrontation with GF. Otherwise, how is Ichigo still alive? You think GF would have been happy with just Masaki, especially if she'd just been depowered? Someone had to scare him off, or otherwise dissuade him from eating Ichigo for dessert.
at the very least, we know ichigo was never under kyoka suigetsu's power. unless of course aizen is behind everything and all we know is a lie... which is possible of course
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 18:51   Link #4798
Calca
Expressionless
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
That may be. But it didn't stop the length of that battle from feeling any less anti-climactic or inappropriate (to some of us anyways). Long story short, Ichigo shouldn't have become THAT overpowered and a fight that took years to build up to shouldn't have ended that quickly because of it. It should've at least been as long as Ulquiorra's final battle IMO.
lol now who of us hasn't ever overleveled in an RPG to the extent that we know even the final boss will be no match for your party?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 23:52   Link #4799
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
lol now who of us hasn't ever overleveled in an RPG to the extent that we know even the final boss will be no match for your party?
I'm all for that. Hell, I hate challenges in my rpg's. So I'm the first one to powerlevel (and even use the save editors if it's available). Granted, I'll admit, I don't think I like to apply my rpg playstyle to anime/manga plot preferences. But even under such circumstances, I like to toy with the final boss and stretch the battle out--if only to see everything the boss can throw at me so I can have the satisfaction of tanking everything the boss can throw at me for the lulz.

But no such satisfaction was to be gained here...Kubo had to make Aizen go all herpa derp on us. Forget bankai, we couldn't see him even *think* about using the one trademark ability of his that was hyped up for the entire series during the one battle where it actually counted...just...goddammit. lol

I better stop here though. Because this is one of those very rare Bleach related topics where I can probably just vent on and on and on for days.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 03:02   Link #4800
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Elkia
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
But no such satisfaction was to be gained here...Kubo had to make Aizen go all herpa derp on us. Forget bankai, we couldn't see him even *think* about using the one trademark ability of his that was hyped up for the entire series during the one battle where it actually counted...just...goddammit. lol
Yet another reason why I think that Aizen may not have a Bankai. (Whump! Yep, horse is still dead...) All that extra gained power, and Aizen doesn't even use any of his Shinigami powers (other than that one Kido), much less his invincible trump card of a Shikai. It's like he didn't want to use his Shinigami abilities once he'd gained new ones. Like he resented them for some reason...
__________________
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.