AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-03-12, 10:17   Link #5241
itachi-san314

what if bleach was made of cookies?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 10:23   Link #5242
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
I'd assumed it was Rose and Kensei, having fallen against the wrestler guy
That'd make sense too.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 10:32   Link #5243
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
And here I thought I was gonna forgive Kubo. How silly of me to expect he would give the time of day to unexplored interesting characters.

Spoiler for To Kubo:
Remember Bakuya showing up to help Rukia a bit? Yea I suspect Kenny will let Yachiro get her do.
Old 2014-03-12, 10:56   Link #5244
the one above all

Damn I really wanted Yachiru to have the spotlight long enough to actually finish the opponent off on her own. Maybe Kenpachi will do the same thing Byakyu did for Rukia but I am probably asking for too much.
Old 2014-03-12, 11:30   Link #5245
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Damn I really wanted Yachiru to have the spotlight long enough to actually finish the opponent off on her own. Maybe Kenpachi will do the same thing Byakyu did for Rukia but I am probably asking for too much.
Yachiru was so cute playing with her shikai... Why can't Kubo let us have nice things?
Maybe he holds a grudge because nobody liked the fullbringer arc.
Old 2014-03-12, 11:38   Link #5246
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Kenpachi just delivered the best line in BLEACH. Poor Yachiru #2 got cookie'd =/

On the other hand...cookies!
Old 2014-03-12, 12:53   Link #5247
Eragon
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Remember Bakuya showing up to help Rukia a bit? Yea I suspect Kenny will let Yachiro get her do.
What's the point now ? Rukia's whole battle hinged on Byakuya recognizing that she got stronger, essentially making her efforts pointless.

Same thing's gonna happen here. It just cheapens the characters efforts and abilities when their entire battle hinges on some person appearing there to give them a pep talk.
Old 2014-03-12, 12:55   Link #5248
SeanQ

but what if she imagined cookies were the strongest source of power and having cookie bones will give her immunity to his powers and then waaaaaaaaaaaaah imagination
Old 2014-03-12, 13:39   Link #5249
CBredbeard
Banned

If I imagined my bones were made out of cookies, I would not think that they'd crumble. Rather I would think that they must be delicious.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 13:44   Link #5250
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
What's the point now ? Rukia's whole battle hinged on Byakuya recognizing that she got stronger, essentially making her efforts pointless.

Same thing's gonna happen here. It just cheapens the characters efforts and abilities when their entire battle hinges on some person appearing there to give them a pep talk.
Maybe, but on the other hand Kenpachi is also the guy who shows up and one shots his enemies. If they need two shots, he uses both hands! His previous pep talks (usually to Ichigo) are basically "if brute force isn't working, you're not using enough".

If the point of Byakuya's appearance was to highlight how much Rukia has grown, a similar theme could play out here. Yachiru was already strong, but Kenpachi has always been there to fight the battles while she watched from the sidelines. So something similar could be the case here, where Kenpachi says "this time, you handle it". I mean, he's either going to overpower the opponent or he's going to struggle. If he struggles, then he's not ready to fight the big bosses and the whole scene with Unohana was pointless. And he doesn't like fighting people who aren't worth the battle. So a pep talk Kenpachi style isn't out of the question.
Old 2014-03-12, 13:46   Link #5251
ChampDream
Alive

well I didn't see that coming with the new guy, but at least kenpachi is back.
Old 2014-03-12, 14:07   Link #5252
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

who were like me really do not surprised to see Kenpachi in the end? And thinks that the death of Kensei and Rose will have to Unohana, yes that will see in the next chapter, which will bring to life these two?

<_<
Old 2014-03-12, 16:21   Link #5253
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Yachiru get trolled? Of course. Afterall, this was just a buildup for Kenny's big return. Still....she handled herself a lot better than most of the cast but only the main faves like Rukia, Renji, Nii, and Kenny are allowed to shine because Kubo . Hopefully the broken arm is the worst of her problems.

And did Kubo finally realize that everyone knows that he seriously does not give a shit about the Vizards and finally realized, "Time to kill them off!'
Old 2014-03-12, 16:36   Link #5254
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So Kenpachi will unveil his bankai - Imagine Breaker, on this fool:

"But everything that I imagine becomes reality!!!"

"Dumbass - I don't have to imagine me beating you, I will beat you."
Old 2014-03-12, 16:41   Link #5255
Eragon
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Maybe, but on the other hand Kenpachi is also the guy who shows up and one shots his enemies. If they need two shots, he uses both hands! His previous pep talks (usually to Ichigo) are basically "if brute force isn't working, you're not using enough".

If the point of Byakuya's appearance was to highlight how much Rukia has grown, a similar theme could play out here. Yachiru was already strong, but Kenpachi has always been there to fight the battles while she watched from the sidelines. So something similar could be the case here, where Kenpachi says "this time, you handle it". I mean, he's either going to overpower the opponent or he's going to struggle. If he struggles, then he's not ready to fight the big bosses and the whole scene with Unohana was pointless. And he doesn't like fighting people who aren't worth the battle. So a pep talk Kenpachi style isn't out of the question.
The difference being Yachiru hasn't gotten even 100th of the panel time Rukia got. So , the growing up case doesn't hold up for her.

I know Kenny won't fight this scrub but his appearance is just problematic for my enjoyment of this battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
And did Kubo finally realize that everyone knows that he seriously does not give a shit about the Vizards and finally realized, "Time to kill them off!'
And to think they were supposed to be superior to normal soul reapers. Kubo you should read your manga.
Old 2014-03-12, 17:22   Link #5256
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Hey... look... now it's an opponent who can make things he imagines into reality.
Never seen that before, very original...............

Looks like Yachiru's shikai isn't the only copycat.
I'm betting it's worse than that; that his ability is effectively illusory until he causes the death of the victim. No evidence for that, but it makes the eventual clean up a lot easier (how do you heal "cookie-bone"?). Of course that also allows Yachiru to overcome the ability herself by not caring about the "reality" of the situation and just killing the guy, like Ken-chan would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Violence. Not brute force. It's even a meme.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-12, 17:46   Link #5257
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Kubo not give any surprise in his manga, Byakuya happens during the Rukia's fight, now kenpachi happens in the Yachiru's fight ... next Unohana back for save kensei and rose for"resurecion" lol...
Old 2014-03-12, 20:04   Link #5258
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Quote:
When did spirits have bones?
Dude, we've gone way past the point where it's revealed that souls are made of reishi in the same way humans are made of atoms.

Quote:
Amidst this chaos in Soul Society, the surviving Shinigami are taught a lesson on recognizing power and potential. The system during Yamamoto's time is centered on giving certain duties and responsibilities on a handful of people (the Gotei 13 and the Central 42, for example), and when Yamamoto was killed off along with countless Shinigami, those who are spared are forced in a situation where they are unable to rely on superiors to save the day.

As for Kenpachi, his style of recognition is "allowing people to fight alongside him". Ikkaku and Yumichika were both left behind early in their careers as Shinigami as Kenpachi slashed aside some Menos, but he eventually allowed them to fight with him. That's gonna be the case with Yachiru, for sure.

Spring 2015: Gintama (2015), Hibike! Euphonium, Shokugeki no Souma, High School DxD BorN, Oregairu Zoku, and Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 238. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 21:23   Link #5259
itachi-san314

shitritter: "what if bleach was well written?"
kenpachi: "I can't imagine that"
one shotted
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 00:30   Link #5260
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
And thinks that the death of Kensei and Rose will have to Unohana, yes that will see in the next chapter, which will bring to life these two?
I guess they will be back alive, once the illusion-power is dispelled, for example by the death of the Sternritter.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter