AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-04-25, 00:56   Link #5501
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
It's very true. It's been stated many times that Soul Reapers serve to uphold the balance between spirits, never that they are themselves spirits.

Then again, when Ichigo transforms into a Soul Reaper, he leaves his physical body behind, which kinda does make it seem like his "spirit" is leaving his body.

Also, during the Fullbringer arc, Ginjo said something along the lines of "You're fighting in your physical body now Ichigo, if you get wounded, you will hurt yourself for real", almost indicating that suffering wounds in "Soul Reaper form" is not as serious as suffering them in real life.
Why do "being a spirit" and "having internal organs" have to be mutually exclusive?

In my headcanon, Ichigo (for example) has his physical body on the physical plane, and his shinigami body is his representation on the spiritual plane. All the other shinigami are long dead, so they have no physical forms (hence the need for gigais, in order to be seen by and interact with humans on the physical plane). Because they are used to their physical bodies having stuff like skin, and bones, and organs, their spiritual bodies do as well. Similarly, he and other shinigami can change form by going Bankai, since the spiritual body is more malleable, though their inherent humanity keeps them in their basic "living" form. The fact that hollows and arrancars don't follow that rule is evidence of their corrupted mental state. That probably explains Mayuri as well...
Old 2014-04-25, 10:13   Link #5502
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

I still don't understand why he didn't just imagine Kenpachi was dead. Definitely one of the most stupidest deaths in Bleach. His IMAGINATION is his power for crying out loud. If he can turn bones into cookies why can't he turn someone's brain or heart into cookies....blah... I wonder what his resurreccion/vollstandig is?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 10:21   Link #5503
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
I still don't understand why he didn't just imagine Kenpachi was dead. Definitely one of the most stupidest deaths in Bleach. His IMAGINATION is his power for crying out loud. If he can turn bones into cookies why can't he turn someone's brain or heart into cookies....blah... I wonder what his resurreccion/vollstandig is?
The same reason Soifon's shikai didn't work on Aizen. No matter how hax the ability, if your opponent has significantly greater spiritual power than you, it can't directly affect them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 23:33   Link #5504
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
The same reason Soifon's shikai didn't work on Aizen. No matter how hax the ability, if your opponent has significantly greater spiritual power than you, it can't directly affect them.
this is something kubo added that i actually like quite a bit. soifon's ability is very hax, but she can't just go around killing the strongest people with it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 23:42   Link #5505
DevilHighDxD
I <3 u SAKI!

Any more captains or relevant side characters that gonna like need to killed these Nazi-with-a-different-name but doesn't yet? Or is that all after Kenpachi is done?
Old 2014-04-26, 10:01   Link #5506
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Any more captains or relevant side characters that gonna like need to killed these Nazi-with-a-different-name but doesn't yet? Or is that all after Kenpachi is done?
Ukitake hasn't fought yet. And Mayuri.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 16:33   Link #5507
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.

So, was that Kenny's Bankai ? Like WTF ? No info dump for the most relevant thing in a while.

Somehow, Kubo salvaged (somewhat) this fight with this chapter. The kid at least tried a few things which certainly would have killed anyone. But, its Kenny. Even Kenny can't kill Kenny. It is known.

Urahara and Kyouraku's Bankai is the only thing I'm looking forward to. And Hollow Ichigo's return.
Old 2014-04-26, 16:51   Link #5508
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
So, was that Kenny's Bankai ? Like WTF ? No info dump for the most relevant thing in a while.
Nope, that was his Shikai. "Drink, Nozarashi" is his release phrase.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:24   Link #5509
Eragon
Star Crossed, literally.

But isn't his sword in perma Shikai form ? Or is that invalid now ?
Old 2014-04-26, 21:09   Link #5510
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
But isn't his sword in perma Shikai form ? Or is that invalid now ?
That's what he thought when he fought Ichigo back in SS, since he didn't know his sword's name.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 21:23   Link #5511
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
Yeah seriously. He had the easiest way to destroy Kenny, Yachipachi, Isane, etc by just saying that they're dead.
Old 2014-04-26, 21:24   Link #5512
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
We got Byakuya's new zanpakuto to see yet, plus Urahara, the oldtimers and whatever Mayuri has planned.

I'm hoping we don't see the nakama/Fullbringers/the Living World group until after Ichigo returns.
Old 2014-04-27, 20:46   Link #5513
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Man, seeing this fight made people's claims that Ichigo was overpowered trivial. Kenpachi almost never has a hard time fighting. He just stomps on every enemy. No drama, no "Kenpachikun!". Just stomps.

Now I hope the Quincies gets some redemption before Ichigo arrives.
Old 2014-04-27, 23:30   Link #5514
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Quote:
At that point, Gremmy's overwhelmed with the urge to kill Kenpachi. And he's not gonna be content with killing Kenny with a death hax.

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 20:09   Link #5515
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Man, seeing this fight made people's claims that Ichigo was overpowered trivial. Kenpachi almost never has a hard time fighting. He just stomps on every enemy. No drama, no "Kenpachikun!". Just stomps.

They probably will again since the shinigami got some victories in.

Kubo can kill everyone off as far I'm concerned but not until he at least shows off Urahara's bankai.
Old 2014-04-29, 20:21   Link #5516
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
They probably will again since the shinigami got some victories in.

Kubo can kill everyone off as far I'm concerned but not until he at least shows off Urahara's bankai.
And Ukitake and Kyoraku's

Quote:

To be fair Kenpachi did get offscreen stomped by fake Juha. The real one would probably win even now. I'm most interested in the Balance guy's abilities.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 23:51   Link #5517
saravis

Quote:
Because, how long has Ichigo been doing this and how long has Kenpachi been doing this? Ichigo has Protagonist Power. With Ken you can at least reason that he grew up in an F'ed up neighborhood and had to become strong or die. The worst that Ichigo went through was a black eye and some broken bones. Besides, its nice when someone fights with 'real' strength, not some bullshit 'resolve' strength.
Old 2014-04-30, 04:31   Link #5518
Knjaz

Will there be a Bleach chapter this week?
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 09:58   Link #5519
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

There was no announcement in the last chapter...but apparently it's Golden Week, so no chapters.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 15:55   Link #5520
quigonkenny
WRYYYYY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
There was no announcement in the last chapter...but apparently it's Golden Week, so no chapters.
Yep. I think someone mentioned it a page back or so.

Tags
bleach, chapter