AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-05-23, 19:26   Link #5701
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

But does it matter right now? Hell, my concern is that the only ones posting here are only voicing their negative opinions on the latest chapter. My poor attempts to reason why I still follow Bleach without calling out on its problems would probably be left ignored, anyway.

I hate this shit. After Mahouka, it seems like I'm the only one holding this opinion and I'm either too incapable of speaking my mind, or I'm fighting against people who had read the source like it's the fricking Bible.
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 03:29   Link #5702
Calca
Expressionless

I think the problem with this arc is the amount of characters introduced. The villain faction has 26 unique characters with 26 different powers and they are being introduced and killed so fast that we don't really care about them. That's fine for an arc that takes years to prep for, but the fact remains this arc is kind of rushed. I understand though WHY there are so many unique characters. SS cannot be forcibly invaded with just a small group. Even Aizen's group was simply to invade Karakara town not SS itself. The scale of this arc is something that needs time to manifest and development to do. This type of arc is something an entire manga would be dedicated to not just an arc.

However I agree especially on this forum there seems to be those who read the manga just so they can find something negative to complain about (no matter how minor) for the sole purpose of coming here just to shit on it.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 09:40   Link #5703
itachi-san314

^if you go back in this thread to good chapters like the Isshin flashback, you'll see that nearly everyone had nothing but good things to say about them
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 21:59   Link #5704
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
I think the problem with this arc is the amount of characters introduced. The villain faction has 26 unique characters with 26 different powers and they are being introduced and killed so fast that we don't really care about them. That's fine for an arc that takes years to prep for, but the fact remains this arc is kind of rushed.
Classic Kubo troll: rushes the arc by killing characters off, still drags it out with huge panels and little content.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 22:48   Link #5705
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
No shit.

Seriously, am I the only one who actually respects the flow of the story of Bleach?
It's frustrating that everyone's just dissing on the story like it's the only thing reading this manga's worth of.
Even a particular imageboard has some more "fruitful" discussions that this.
1. You and a few people are.

2. As a long time fan, I'm really disappointed at how Kubo writes this anymore and to be honest? I don't even think his heart is even into this . Look at how he treats his characters . The HM arc and even FKT had its flaws, but as someone mentioned, at least you still cared about the characters. Nowadays, it's pretty obvious that Kubo only cares about a few characters; that's why I think he should just do a Red Wedding and kill half the cast off. Not like the Vizards, Soifon, Matsumoto, Whitey and a whole bunch of people are ever going to be useful in the future anyway.

Also, why haven't we seen any backstories on the VR yet? Isn't there any of them who maybe might not be so bad (like Stark in HM) but just want to kill the shinigami for revenge? And also, for a clan whose powers are mostly bow and arrow and magic, they're coming across more like Xmen clones. I mean, even some of the Arrancar came across as sympathetic at times.

3. I admit I should drop this so no comments from the peanut gallery. All I can say is....I've read this from the beginning and nowadays I just read it more for sentimental reasons and to see how it ends. I used to be WORSE years ago so I'll try not to sound trollish out of respect for people here....but I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Last edited by GDiddy; 2014-05-25 at 22:49. Reason: I need to stop letting my brain dictate my writing.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 01:15   Link #5706
Hiss13
OHAYO GOZAIMOMO~!

...and as usual, nothing really happened...
Just Ichigo's new design and Yhwach...starting...something.
It's weird seeing Quincies using bows and arrows at this point, though.
Old 2014-05-28, 03:01   Link #5707
Altes
Banned

I thought it would be Gremmy who'd start firing arrows at Kenpachi when his tricks failed, but seeing four bows at once was more satisfying than I could imagine. Those girls have guts to attack someone even stronger than Kenpachi, I'll give them that.

But otherwise the chapter was really short, even with Yhwach preparing some scheme.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 04:07   Link #5708
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

ichigo has a soft spot for girls,

shunsui arrives and the girls came to like him

shunsui requests ichigo and kenpachi to focus on one opponent, juha bach

kenpachi ichigo fights juha bach
still struggling
grimmjow and no.3 woman espada arrive to help
still fails

zero division didn't arrive
they are currently fighting against aizen

boom
Old 2014-05-28, 04:27   Link #5709
Chase

Thats a lot of ink kubo wasted.

No, Seed does not define what a Gundam show should be like.

Picking a Gundam over a Princess is not a bad idea, Princess+singing can get you killed
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 05:05   Link #5710
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

^ You're talking about "no backgrounds" Kubo and not Kishimoto, right?
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 06:17   Link #5711
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

This chapter didn't seem all that bad. Still hate Ichigo saving Kenpachi, but I'm diggin' his new look.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 08:57   Link #5712
DorkingtonPugsly

My type of girls are always on the bad-side in bleach. (sigh)
For this arc it's Bambietta and Candice.
Old 2014-05-28, 09:36   Link #5713
itachi-san314

i think kubo keeps bleach up so he can showoff a new ichigo design every 6 months
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 09:58   Link #5714
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

eeehh.. new chapter and we still haven't seen Ichigo's new zanpakutou power... so boring

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 10:58   Link #5715
the one above all

We didn't even get to see Ichigo's new power and the only real important thing was the Bach scene. So as usual not much really happened.
Old 2014-05-28, 11:09   Link #5716
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
eeehh.. new chapter and we still haven't seen Ichigo's new zanpakutou power... so boring
Patience. Patience. But we got to see Ichigo breezing through his battle with a smile for a change. That's something.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 11:50   Link #5717
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
well as you just proved with your post: you like the story, but you can't explain why

i think things should have reasons, yes
No, it's perfectly possible to like something without having a reason and there is no necessity either to justify that.

As for why I haven't dropped Bleach long ago, it's because there are some interesting characters (to me) and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. My Momo even got 2 panels this chapter (!)
Old 2014-05-28, 11:57   Link #5718
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Old 2014-05-28, 12:11   Link #5719
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
With the way he's handling things right now, I wouldn't be surprised if he breezed through the fight without revealing any special abilities.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 13:50   Link #5720
Saravis4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
This chapter didn't seem all that bad. Still hate Ichigo saving Kenpachi, but I'm diggin' his new look.
I feel the same way, it was a pleasant chapter, but pretty much everyone is getting reduced to damsel in distress for Ichigo.

Tags
bleach, chapter