AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-20, 22:35   Link #741
Inarius
★★★★★
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Heaven
Age: 26
>all your faces when Yama's north phase is so powerful it gives him a heart attack on the spot
>all of this was pre-planned by Aizen from the get-go
>Bach was just a chess piece
>everybody starts qq'ing Kubo u troll

Spoiler:
__________________
Inarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 05:31   Link #742
solidguy
I'm not a tumor
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In the dreams of beautiful women
Age: 21
the opposite of an ultimate offence is an ultimate defence. what is the opposite of resurrecting the souls of the people you've killed? mass killing? like a super nova kinda explosion thingy. i like that idea. or maybe a phoenix rebirth? like the old man cant get killed kinda thing
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 05:59   Link #743
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
the opposite of an ultimate offence is an ultimate defence. what is the opposite of resurrecting the souls of the people you've killed? mass killing? like a super nova kinda explosion thingy. i like that idea. or maybe a phoenix rebirth? like the old man cant get killed kinda thing
Phoenix might be awesome, especially if it makes him younger. Maybe he's even older than 1k years, but he keep dieing and reviving, which is the reason of him becoming so powerful
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 06:10   Link #744
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
A dead god of death summoning the dead in the afterlife...why not? It's Bleach.

The skeletons do look awesome. But zombies are usually fodder. I'm wondering how this undead army will be a threat when an army of a shinigami soldiers is nothing to Bach. I guess there still might be more to them. Maybe they haven't even finished being formed yet and they will actually turn out to be flesh-and-blood resurrections of their former selves. I liked Stark's wolves better, but this is fun. The real highlight of this chapter for me was getting to see more Quincy techniques. Kirchenlied was very cool.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 12:09   Link #745
ronin myael
lost ronin
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: in the recesses of my convoluted mind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
a power like shunsui's shadow ability/kids games is out of the realm of 'fitting' soul reaper powers, but i actually think yama-jii's bankai makes sense.
hey, i like kyouraku's shikai! i thought it suits him perfectly. he does have a child-like side to him, he loves pranks, he loves to joke around, he's immature and irresponsible even. and yet he is one of the deadliest and most powerful shinigami in soul society, perhaps the most powerful one besides yamaji. we still haven't seen urahara's bankai though, it might even be more ridiculous than kyouraku's shikai.
__________________
"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly."~ Neil Gaiman (The Sandman)

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-09-21 at 12:23.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 13:41   Link #746
Hisoka??
Ultra noob
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
No he said they are corpses of people he killed.
Could still be just their forms or he modeled the fighting methods or styles based on them.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 21:26   Link #747
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
It'd be funny if somehow Yama-ji does get killed, the bad guys think he's dead THEN he comes back to life and claims that is what North does.

Bad guys proceed to shit themselves.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:24   Link #748
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
hey, i like kyouraku's shikai! i thought it suits him perfectly. he does have a child-like side to him, he loves pranks, he loves to joke around, he's immature and irresponsible even. and yet he is one of the deadliest and most powerful shinigami in soul society, perhaps the most powerful one besides yamaji. we still haven't seen urahara's bankai though, it might even be more ridiculous than kyouraku's shikai.
i like it too and i really like his character as well. he's one of my favorites. i just dont think that his shikai (let alone whatever his bankai does since that's apparently too crazy to use with allies around) fits in the normal realm of zanpakutou powers in that it changes the form of his body to a shadow. not impossible in the bleachverse of course, like mayuri melting down vs ishida for instance, but when it comes to zanpakutou's they dont ever change the user's body like that (unless i'm forgetting someone...). but yea, i do like it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 23:58   Link #749
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
hey, i like kyouraku's shikai! i thought it suits him perfectly. he does have a child-like side to him, he loves pranks, he loves to joke around, he's immature and irresponsible even. and yet he is one of the deadliest and most powerful shinigami in soul society, perhaps the most powerful one besides yamaji. we still haven't seen urahara's bankai though, it might even be more ridiculous than kyouraku's shikai.
According to the book, Unohana is 2nd to Yama-ji among the captains (3rd if you count Aizen). Apparently she excels at kendo and given her sword is a nodachi it wouldn't be surprising.

We're SUPPOSED to see her fight this arc says Kubo and personally I do think she is the current 2nd strongest captain.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 00:23   Link #750
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i like it too and i really like his character as well. he's one of my favorites. i just dont think that his shikai (let alone whatever his bankai does since that's apparently too crazy to use with allies around) fits in the normal realm of zanpakutou powers in that it changes the form of his body to a shadow. not impossible in the bleachverse of course, like mayuri melting down vs ishida for instance, but when it comes to zanpakutou's they dont ever change the user's body like that (unless i'm forgetting someone...). but yea, i do like it
Well initially, Komamura's bankai made Komamura himself a giant. So I guess that can count as a zanpakuto ability that changed the "form" of his body from small to large. Baishin is perhaps a more prominent example though as his bankai transformed him into a being made of swords.

Ultimately, I think it simply comes down to the fact that Kubo's never claimed absolute limitations for what Bankai abilities could or could not be able to do. So just because the majority of bankai abilities we've seen so far may have had some limitations to be noticed, I suppose it would be a mistake on the reader's part to immediately cancel out the possibility that there would never be a few bankai's granting abilities or traits beyond those presumed limits. Afterall, from practically the get-go Kubo at least suggested this as a possibility when he made Byakuya highlight the fact that Ichigo's bankai falls outside the norm. So why can't a couple others follow suit in different ways and to varying degrees?

Compared to some of the other asspulls this series has thrown our way, this is one issue I find myself more capable of suspending my disbelief towards.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 06:20   Link #751
Chiisai Kuma
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ireland (hello British Bleach fans)
I sware to god kubo must be going through peoples fanfictions and taking different characters abilities and using em in this arc. He's going for the OP ones with the expensive commissions now XD
__________________

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:09   Link #752
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Baishin is perhaps a more prominent example though as his bankai transformed him into a being made of swords.
who's Baishin?

Quote:
Ultimately, I think it simply comes down to the fact that Kubo's never claimed absolute limitations for what Bankai abilities could or could not be able to do. So just because the majority of bankai abilities we've seen so far may have had some limitations to be noticed, I suppose it would be a mistake on the reader's part to immediately cancel out the possibility that there would never be a few bankai's granting abilities or traits beyond those presumed limits. Afterall, from practically the get-go Kubo at least suggested this as a possibility when he made Byakuya highlight the fact that Ichigo's bankai falls outside the norm. So why can't a couple others follow suit in different ways and to varying degrees?
yea, I agree here, it's just that that is my problem with a lot of powers that he introduces. they don't seem as cool as they should be because they don't fit into a category. i'm more talking about fullbring and some of the dumb shitritter powers here like turning into a gorilla for instance... but it is certainly true that kubo wants it this way without limitations, which to me suggests that he wants the freedom to do whatever he wants just in case he can't come up with something that does fit those expectations

Quote:
Compared to some of the other asspulls this series has thrown our way, this is one issue I find myself more capable of suspending my disbelief towards.
totally agree here and like i said, i do actually like shunsui's power, i just dont think it fits in with the other soul reaper powers
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 09:16   Link #753
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
who's Baishin?

As for the other two points you made, you won't see anymore disagreement from me.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 12:32   Link #754
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Well initially, Komamura's bankai made Komamura himself a giant. So I guess that can count as a zanpakuto ability that changed the "form" of his body from small to large. Baishin is perhaps a more prominent example though as his bankai transformed him into a being made of swords.

Ultimately, I think it simply comes down to the fact that Kubo's never claimed absolute limitations for what Bankai abilities could or could not be able to do. So just because the majority of bankai abilities we've seen so far may have had some limitations to be noticed, I suppose it would be a mistake on the reader's part to immediately cancel out the possibility that there would never be a few bankai's granting abilities or traits beyond those presumed limits. Afterall, from practically the get-go Kubo at least suggested this as a possibility when he made Byakuya highlight the fact that Ichigo's bankai falls outside the norm. So why can't a couple others follow suit in different ways and to varying degrees?

Compared to some of the other asspulls this series has thrown our way, this is one issue I find myself more capable of suspending my disbelief towards.
Komamura's bankai never changed his body. It only brought the entire giant out which he controls.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 13:27   Link #755
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Komamura's bankai never changed his body. It only brought the entire giant out which he controls.
To say it "never" changed his body seems like it would be incorrect. Take a look at either chapter 176 or episode 62. Immediately after saying "Bankai", Komamura himself grows in size. Conversely, the giant suit of samurai armor is nowhere to be seen.
*edit*
It did just occur to me that Aizen might've simply taken out Komamura before the giant suit of armor showed up, but no matter how I look at either the anime or the manga, its clear Komamura's body grew larger before he was taken down. Because in one panel, the top of Aizen's head easily reaches the height of Komamura's chest. But after he tries using Bankai, the top of Aizen's head doesn't even look like it reaches the bottom of Komamura's sash.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-09-22 at 13:53.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 13:29   Link #756
Excelion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Immediately after saying "Bankai", Komamura himself grows in size.
Gonna try that in bed next time
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 15:59   Link #757
Calca
Brina!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Incognito
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
To say it "never" changed his body seems like it would be incorrect. Take a look at either chapter 176 or episode 62. Immediately after saying "Bankai", Komamura himself grows in size. Conversely, the giant suit of samurai armor is nowhere to be seen.
*edit*
It did just occur to me that Aizen might've simply taken out Komamura before the giant suit of armor showed up, but no matter how I look at either the anime or the manga, its clear Komamura's body grew larger before he was taken down. Because in one panel, the top of Aizen's head easily reaches the height of Komamura's chest. But after he tries using Bankai, the top of Aizen's head doesn't even look like it reaches the bottom of Komamura's sash.
Yeah but he used his bankai before that vs. Kenpachi and the armor was summoned. Aizen just took him out too fast.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 16:04   Link #758
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
*edit*
It did just occur to me that Aizen might've simply taken out Komamura before the giant suit of armor showed up, but no matter how I look at either the anime or the manga, its clear Komamura's body grew larger before he was taken down. Because in one panel, the top of Aizen's head easily reaches the height of Komamura's chest. But after he tries using Bankai, the top of Aizen's head doesn't even look like it reaches the bottom of Komamura's sash.
It's probably just angle the scene is drawn in. Aizen dispelled his illusion of appearing to be far away standing next to Tousen and revealed himself to be right in front of Komamura before he released his bankai. Komamura is much taller than Aizen and the height difference would be more distinct when they are small distance apart. The scene is at an angle looking upwards and I think the perspective wasn't nailed quite right, making Komamura appear bigger than he should've. However, I don't think he actually grew in height. Especially since Komamura's bankai was established as the giant suit of armor in his fight against Kenpachi
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 16:21   Link #759
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Fine. I'll concede on the issue and agree to the idea that Kubo simply didn't illustrate the perspective accurately enough.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 20:36   Link #760
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
^ Not that it really disproves your original point. There's no set limitations on what bankai are capable of. Or even shikai for that matter. Physically changing form is usually more of an arrancar thing, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a shinigami have that power in the manga eventually.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bleach, chapter

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.