AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-07-11, 08:42   Link #1
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Toki to Towa (Time and Eternity) [Manga]

This is the manga adaptation of the video game of the same name,
so I figured I should put make a discussion topic here to avoid spoiling the video game thread on story elements (assuming it follows all of them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangaUpdates
Toki is a Princess and she is to be wed to a Knight, to which there is mutual affection between but she still has concerns. Toki also has a second persona within her named Towa. Towa has blonde hair, and is much different from the reserved Toki as she is much more unyielding.
The story is being worked on by Bandai Namco Games and the art is being done by Aiba Kikou, with character designs by VOFAN
So far the first chapter has been released by CXC Scans, and is being serialized in SQ.19, a bimonthly manga.

Last edited by Kurosu; 2012-07-11 at 08:58.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 09:23   Link #2
Vigo
too lazy to post

Lol. The game isn't out yet but there is already a manga adaptation. I wonder if the next chapter will continue the story like it would in the game. This manga will be basically a spoiler if it does. Isn't this actually bad as it kills the hype for the game if the story is known beforehand?

Anyway VOFAN>>>>Aiba Kikou and ingame as far as artwork goes.

Last edited by Vigo; 2012-07-11 at 09:34.
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 09:36   Link #3
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

From the looks of it, it might. If anything, we'll probably see the scope of the series, though I can't imagine why they would cannibalize themselves that way.
I find it amusing that the main character is only "Main Character". They didn't even name him in the manga.
Old 2012-07-11, 10:17   Link #4
Vigo
too lazy to post

It's Namco. They don't need a reason to screw themselves. I think it's supposed to be some kind of promotion as in look you will play what you read or something. But to spoil the story would be really stupid. Let's see how the second chapter will be.

I get the feeling they don't even have a name for the prince at the moment and are calling him just "Main Character".
Vigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 11:31   Link #5
tsunade666

Why do I feel like I saw a combination of Mami and Kyouko.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 15:53   Link #6
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Why do I feel like I saw a combination of Mami and Kyouko.
red hair and blonde hair?
Old 2012-07-11, 16:31   Link #7
tsunade666

red hair ponytail and that musket though I'm not sure if she is also as big as Mami. The picture shows that she is slender. I haven't read the manga yet so I can't tell. She also has that whole magical girl feel on it. Hope she don't meet a white monster.

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 17:34   Link #8
leokiko

I have a ps3, and the game is currently on hold for an overseas release, based on comments from the staff involved. I will hold off on reading this so if they announce it for the west, I will just play the game.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 22:40   Link #9
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
Lol. The game isn't out yet but there is already a manga adaptation. I wonder if the next chapter will continue the story like it would in the game. This manga will be basically a spoiler if it does. Isn't this actually bad as it kills the hype for the game if the story is known beforehand?

Anyway VOFAN>>>>Aiba Kikou and ingame as far as artwork goes.
Well, this is a monthly series, and by the time the game come out, the manga will have at most 6 chapter(12 if there's a long delay), which translate to at most 1 hour in game story. It won't be more spoilerish than the trailer they release anyway.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote