AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-03-14, 11:55   Link #1
widagtama

Strike Witches - Operation Victory Arrow OVAs

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...story-outlined

widagtama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 20:54   Link #2
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sweet some more ovas
Old 2014-03-14, 21:05   Link #3
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quite serious looking there, 501st. Well, if it gives me more of Trude using guns as sledgehammers, that's fine by me.
Requiem-x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 23:55   Link #4
Flower
Bibliotecha Rosa Atra....

So the OVA Srike Witches series titled "Strike Witches O.V.A." finally has more details, with the O.V.A. part of the official title standing for "Operation Victory Arrow" finally has details:

- There will be three eps.
- It will cover the time period between the end of Strike Witches II and the official movie.
- It will focus on the individual witches of the 501st returning to their homes.
- It will "commence in the Fall".

Okay. That is nice to know.

Still no follow up info about the third season of Strike Witches announced on the site yet then, but perhaps the OVA eps will hint at more details?
Old 2014-03-15, 00:50   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well an OVA isn't the worst thing. I kind of wonder which witches will get more focus in these OVA episodes. Hopefully everyone except Yoshika since she had more than enough focus in the movie.
Old 2014-03-15, 00:54   Link #6
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well an OVA isn't the worst thing. I kind of wonder which witches will get more focus in these OVA episodes. Hopefully everyone except Yoshika since she had more than enough focus in the movie.
I wonder whether or no the OVA series might not also be an opportunity for a little world building setting wise?
Old 2014-03-15, 01:20   Link #7
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I wonder whether or no the OVA series might not also be an opportunity for a little world building setting wise?
Certainly a good chance for that. If it's focusing on these characters heading back to where we found them in the movie could be a good chance to world build. Not likely to have much action since it sounded from the movie that things had gone dormant after the last big battle up to when things got busy in the movie.

Wouldn't mind getting a better view of things.
Old 2014-03-15, 01:34   Link #8
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Please don't tell me you're looking for a reason why the girls have no pants. You like Saki, you should know better, even if fanservice ain't your thing.

It certainly could help letting us know a little more about how the world works, and the series as well, different team, different locations and all, a wider scope.
Old 2014-03-15, 01:36   Link #9
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

If they'll give me more Sanya ands Eila interactions I don't carte about anything else )))

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 01:59   Link #10
Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Please don't tell me you're looking for a reason why the girls have no pants. You like Saki, you should know better, even if fanservice ain't your thing.

It certainly could help letting us know a little more about how the world works, and the series as well, different team, different locations and all, a wider scope.
Course not! ^^

I guess what I was referring to is a bit more details wise on the current state of affairs in relation to the other Neuroi hives scattered across the planet and the countries proper that are cut off from one another to a large degree as a result.

Season 1 focused on Britainnia (England) and Gallia (France) for example. Season 2 on Romangna (Italy). The movie focused on the borders of the Rhine river. But there are other parts of the world suffering as well.

Here is a map of the changed world setting:

Of the two light novel series the first one focused on Suomus (Finland / northwest Russia borders).

In season two we had some focus on the squadrons in Africa too.

There are lots and lots of manga series offshoots....

And even from the members of the 501st we hear of other places in passing: Orussia especially seems to be cut off to a large degree, which feeds in to the eps focusing on Sanya, and of course Karlsland has not gotten as much attention as I personally might have expected.

Anyway, hearing more about the current state of affairs of those countries and their inhabitants in relation to the Neuroi would be interesting for me personally, but also could contribute to enriching the setting and possibly setting the stage for S3 as well.
Old 2014-03-15, 02:06   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yeah when it comes to world building and personal preference, I'd like to narrow in on Eila and Sanya a little for one of the OVAs. That seems like a place mostly untouched by the anime to this point. I mean we have a good idea of France's situation, Italy, and Britain, but plenty of areas that could get focus.

Of course pure selfishness in just wanting more of Eila and Sanya since I like the characters .

Somehow I can just see the OVAs being relatively tame fanservice pieces that don't really dive into the world building, but one can always hope.
Old 2014-03-15, 02:40   Link #12
Flower

I have been wondering whether or no the material that will be used for S3 will be from the first of the light novel series that focused on Suomus (i.e. the "Suomus Misfits"), but if I remember correctly that takes place chronologically before the events of the Strike Witches anime series (who are the focus of the second light novel series, I believe).

It would be interesting to go backwards chronologically and then sprinkle info of the "earlier" world events mentioned in the already aired anime series (and mayne even the charas - like Trude and Minna and the conquering of Karlsland, for example), but I kinda think (just a guess) that the series will either parallel or continue on chronology wise in a different country setting.

If they do choose Suomus then we may get to hear more about Sanya, Eila and the state of Orussia as well, but I think it might be kinda interesting to hear more info about countries not touched on at all - like Ostmark, Hispania or Baltland.
Old 2014-03-15, 14:49   Link #13
Ernietheracefan

Does anyone know about the time gap between S2 & the movie.?
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 15:28   Link #14
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I understand everyone's enthusiasm, but in my experience, when SW has potential for something, it doesn't use it very well, unless it involves ways to make you love the girls even more or have them wreck Neuroi in the most awesome way possible. I'm honestly still doubtful we'll be checking a different group.

I'll be keeping my hopes in check till more info comes out.
Old 2014-06-06, 09:42   Link #15
D-Joe

Silver Link will in charge the new Strike Witches OVA,guess they will also in charge the new TV series
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-24471.html
First OVA coming Sept 20
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 11:49   Link #16
Requiem-x
The slacking one

News at last! Kind of...

Silver Link is a great choice for SW, being a studio that has worked with a mix of action and fanservice before (Prisma Illya, Strike the blood, C3) as well as comedy with quirky characters (Baka test). Just add a decent staff and a budget bigger than zero and it should go just fine.
Old 2014-06-06, 12:38   Link #17
TheEroKing
is Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to TheEroKing
Old 2014-06-06, 13:01   Link #18
Miraluka
Banned

I find hilarious how the girls are preventing the others to show off their lack of pants .
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 14:27   Link #19
ForwardUntoDawn
Operation "sneaky sneaks"
*IT Support

One way or another, it's good to hear some news. I look forwards to this
Old 2014-06-07, 04:29   Link #20
mangatron
Boobzai!

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
I find hilarious how the girls are preventing the others to show off their lack of pants .
Oh that convenient censoring They never flew in formation like that in the anime

Up, down, so big and round :P
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*mangatron's Holiday 2014 haul
*What do you call a girl using her boobies to pleasure another girl?
-PAIZYURI!
-*My last post for 2014 is dedicated to my PS Vita
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote