AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-03-25, 12:14   Link #541
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Toriyama's current SD-ish artstyle is horrible. Those big heads and skinny bodies...
Old 2013-03-25, 13:55   Link #542
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Spoiler for Everybody has been on a diet:
I think there are something wrong in the pic
1. The pic has the unfused version of the "young kai" (forget his name)
2. King Kai should have the halo ring above his head because he is dead....

Anyway, can't wait for the movie...I am not really impressed with the plot, but still, a new movie after almost 20 years....I still want to see the movie, that's for sure
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 15:28   Link #543
Ithekro
The Comet IS Coming

Well that and Krillen looks kind of cool with that hair style.
Old 2013-03-25, 15:34   Link #544
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

Anyway, can't wait for the movie...I am not really impressed with the plot, but still, a new movie after almost 20 years....I still want to see the movie, that's for sure
1. Perhaps he found a way to unfuse, like Vegeto had.

Krillin seems young, like Gohan Cell era young. Who or what is that fish-thing in the back? Finally, why is Oolong so prominent in the picture, he hasn't been relevant since DB (not Z)
Old 2013-03-25, 16:01   Link #545
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
1. Perhaps he found a way to unfuse, like Vegeto had.
As far as we know, potara earring fusion is permanent. The only reason why Vegito unfused was because of the magical properties inside of Buu's body.

Either way, I don't think we're supposed to scrutinize this picture so much.
Old 2013-03-25, 16:13   Link #546
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Goku and Vegeta are also with their old uniforms. I think in the trailers Goku's uniform has the "Kame" mark while in the SD illustration he has "Go." Ironically, Bulma is the only one who looks the same even though she changes her look lots of times.

Also I wonder when will Krillin's daughter grow a nose.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:16   Link #547
justavisitor

Quote:
Goku and Vegeta are also with their old uniforms. I think in the trailers Goku's uniform has the "Kame" mark while in the SD illustration he has "Go." Ironically, Bulma is the only one who looks the same even though she changes her look lots of times.

Also I wonder when will Krillin's daughter grow a nose.
Finally I hear ppl talking about Vegeta's uniform and this is the most disappointing thing I find in this movie. Vegeta's transition from saiyan's armor to earth's clothes is an analogy/ a symbol/a sign that he begins to settle on the planet earth and he starts to embrace this new home. But no the movie just ruins it.

It's not really a big deal anyway and maybe I am just exaggerating it a bit. But somehow it just tells me that the series has well passed its prime. We can still make another movie or even a series, but it's just not the same anymore
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2013-03-25, 20:22   Link #548
sky black swordman

Quote:

That's the Supreme Kai, who was originally the Eastern Supreme Kai before kid Buu killed the other Supreme Kais'.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-03-25 at 21:21.
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:35   Link #549
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
As far as we know, potara earring fusion is permanent. The only reason why Vegito unfused was because of the magical properties inside of Buu's body.
*edit*
Nothing to see here anymore folks.

Quote:
Finally I hear ppl talking about Vegeta's uniform and this is the most disappointing thing I find in this movie. Vegeta's transition from saiyan's armor to earth's clothes is an analogy/ a symbol/a sign that he begins to settle on the planet earth and he starts to embrace this new home. But no the movie just ruins it.
I think his saiyan armor is just a preference of clothing for battle. And he continues to wear it since he'll always carry on a strong sense of pride as a Saiyan and one of the last of his kind at that (and there's nothing wrong with that). So I can't fault him for wanting to sport that look whenever and wherever he has to throw down. I mean he can still embrace his life as an earthling without having to completely throwing away all ties to his own culture, right?
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:37   Link #550
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Maybe the supreme Kai sought out fat Buu to devour him and undo the fusion sometime after the aftermath of the kid buu battle?
Or it's just an unrelated picture. He was seen as his fused form in the trailers.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 20:39   Link #551
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Or it's just an unrelated picture. He was seen as his fused form in the trailers.
Forget I suggested anything then.
Old 2013-03-25, 21:07   Link #552
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
*edit*
Nothing to see here anymore folks.

I think his saiyan armor is just a preference of clothing for battle. And he continues to wear it since he'll always carry on a strong sense of pride as a Saiyan and one of the last of his kind at that (and there's nothing wrong with that). So I can't fault him for wanting to sport that look whenever and wherever he has to throw down. I mean he can still embrace his life as an earthling without having to completely throwing away all ties to his own culture, right?
I probably read too much into it...but I don't recall he wears the armour again in the buu's saga. And if you look at the series from the big picture, you will see at first he wears the armour with a big shoulder pad-->the lighter armour in the cell's game-->no armour in the buu's saga...Yes the armour improves in the series but I really believe it's also a sign that he is starting to accept and enjoy his new home. But anyway, like I said, it's not really a big deal and I probably exaggerated it a little bit...

@sky black swordman --how could I forget...the supreme kai that is not actually not supreme at all (even Goku made a joke on supreme kai's incompetence in the manga) ... And the interesting thing is, I actually consider Piccolo to be much more stronger/smarter than the supreme kai (or at the very least on an equal footing) but Piccolo really respected his "boss" (well he did fuse with Kami XD)
Old 2013-03-25, 21:19   Link #553
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Quote:
I probably read too much into it...but I don't recall he wears the armour again in the buu's saga. And if you look at the series from the big picture, you will see at first he wears the armour with a big shoulder pad-->the lighter armour in the cell's game-->no armour in the buu's saga...Yes the armour improves in the series but I really believe it's also a sign that he is starting to accept and enjoy his new home. But anyway, like I said, it's not really a big deal and I probably exaggerated it a little bit...

@sky black swordman --how could I forget...the supreme kai that is not actually not supreme at all (even Goku made a joke on supreme kai's incompetence in the manga) ... And the interesting thing is, I actually consider Piccolo to be much more stronger/smarter than the supreme kai (or at the very least on an equal footing) but Piccolo really respected his "boss" (well he did fuse with Kami XD)
From what I got thought that Vegeta didn't wear his armor in the Buu saga since the tournament didn't allow protection such as Gohan's helmet. On the other hand, Goku's clothing mark sends him back to the time from early Z.
Old 2013-03-26, 00:23   Link #554
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
I just rewatched DBZ and after seeing the last episode, i'm started wondering how can Pan be born first when Vegeta's daughter looks older than her by two or three years.

Does this mean that the movie is not canon.
Pan is actually a year older than Bra. There's a mistake in one of the guidebooks that lists Bra as a year older in one place and a year younger in another, but stuff since then has consistently put Pan as the older of the two.

The bigger problem is exactly when the movie takes place, because if it's late enough in the timeline for Pan to be in the womb, then Planet Vegeta should have been destroyed at least 41 years ago, not 39.

Quote:
Kaioushin is fused in the movie itself. His appearance in the poster is just Toriyama being his forgetful self.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 08:24   Link #555
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Frieza: A movie after 17 years?!
Cell: A movie that gathers the best and I'm not there?!
Frieza: Haha. I do appear in the movie.
Cell: !!

Title of the film
Cell: Heh! Well it looks like your voice won't!
Frieza: What the?!
Old 2013-03-26, 08:45   Link #556
senksiang90

I'm tellin' ya... Whether it has past its prime or not Dragonball remains to be the most famous anime/manga of all time. Generation Y kids practically grew up trying to do the Kamehameha... I mean.. as a kid.. I myself have always thought of a level higher than SSj3/SSJ4. I thought of:

(1) Metallic Saiyan level
(2) Legendary Saiyan level
(3) Oblivion Saiyan Level

but it never crossed my mind to ever think of a God Level. My goodness.
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 08:52   Link #557
senksiang90

Quote:

Frieza: A movie after 17 years?!
Cell: A movie that gathers the best and I'm not there?!
Frieza: Haha. I do appear in the movie.
Cell: !!

Title of the film
Cell: Heh! Well it looks like your voice won't!
Frieza: What the?!
thnx for the translation buddy. Love Dragonball!

However, if it is true that Goku can turn into God mode, this will render Dragonball GT not canon and therefore, SSJ4 cannot exist as God Mode should be stronger than SSJ4 itself.
senksiang90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 09:05   Link #558
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
However, if it is true that Goku can turn into God mode, this will render Dragonball GT not canon and therefore, SSJ4 cannot exist as God Mode should be stronger than SSJ4 itself.
The movie both validated and invalidated GT. Since this is considered canon to the manga, it means GT is not canon to the manga (per both God mode and Pilaf's gang). However, since it also introduced the concept of a DBZ Multiverse, it also means that GT is canon to one of the other universes.

Also, SSJ4 could theoretically exist with God mode. God mode is similar to old school Kaio Ken, where it only lasts for seconds/minutes at a time, whereas SSJ4 is similar to Super Saiyan 1/2, where it just lasts until turned off.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 09:21   Link #559
amaterasu4
I'll be a fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
However, since it also introduced the concept of a DBZ Multiverse, it also means that GT is canon to one of the other universes.
Wait, what is the DBZ multiverse? There are other universes?
Old 2013-03-26, 09:43   Link #560
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by senksiang90 View Post
I mean.. as a kid.. I myself have always thought of a level higher than SSj3/SSJ4. I thought of:

(1) Metallic Saiyan level
(2) Legendary Saiyan level
(3) Oblivion Saiyan Level
Kinda reminds me of some creations people came up with for that fan made PC fighting game engine (MUGEN).
Spoiler: