AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Old 2013-03-30, 21:49   Link #581
GDB

The fact that he actually said it though just shows how bad it was. Usually those kind of things are kept quiet about regardless of quality.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 21:51   Link #582
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!

Those elitist in hollywood thinks they can make a good film despite the warning from the original creator.
And hollywood sure loves to make the main character a high school loser with gifted powers(ie Spiderman) while making the heroine a slut who has being banged by several guys before the main character(ie Spiderman).
No wonder people downloads their film rather than buying their crappy film which isnt worth spending your money on.
Old 2013-03-30, 23:48   Link #583
Guido

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Those elitist in hollywood thinks they can make a good film despite the warning from the original creator.
And hollywood sure loves to make the main character a high school loser with gifted powers(ie Spiderman) while making the heroine a slut who has being banged by several guys before the main character(ie Spiderman).
No wonder people downloads their film rather than buying their crappy film which isnt worth spending your money on.
Man, please! I spent the last three years of my life blocking that hell off my memories. The sessions with the therapist were not cheap.

Toriyama-san should have sued all of Hollywood for that mess. And, after three years from that fiasco, which should be buried back into the dark history's garbage bin, Dragon Ball Z returns to its anime roots.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 03:11   Link #584
sky black swordman

Wow, I 'm probably one of the few who has never even seen that movie in any way and or form.
Old 2013-03-31, 06:16   Link #585
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Wow, I 'm probably one of the few who has never even seen that movie in any way and or form.
Add me. I refuse to acknowledge its existence.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 12:22   Link #586
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Some of my friends say GT is worst and not canon, even so I liked GT. Then I'll just bring up the Dragonball Hollywood movie I get a riot over my friends. That is how bad it is without the original author's input.

Back on topic seems Vegeta's power burst in SSJ2 level drains even quicker than SSJ3, but is indeed more powerful than SSJ3 with proof that it can hurt Bills and fling him off, but at a cost Vegeta loses his SSJ form and reverts to normal after a huge attack.

Also SSJgod Goku now is a selectable character in Dragonball Heroes, very powerful, second to Bills. Gojita,SS3 GT Vegeta and SSJ4 Goku comes second/third to them.
Old 2013-04-01, 00:30   Link #587
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Akira Toriyama speaks about the Hollywood Dragonball

from Sankaku
I watched this abomination of a movie last year, for the sake of curiosity. And it is one of the worse animated based adaptations I have ever seen in my life! I'm betting Toriyama wishes the Dragonballs really did exist just to collect them and wish for the harshest divine punishment for the people that were responsible for the movie's creation. But hey, it could have been worse. Michael Bay would have been the one responsible for the movie. He would have made the movie worse, claimed that the movie was much better than people are claiming, and even go as far as accuse Toriyama for being ungrateful that his movie made DBZ alot more popular (even though it is already quite popular).

I remembered back at 1998 there were rumors going around that there were plans for a live adaptation Sailor Moon movie. And some rumors said that one of those interested was (of all companies) Disney. I literally shuddered, thinking how the live action hollywood adaptation would have played out in my mind.
I think there is still a chance that a live action adaptation could be done in the future (even though it is a bit slim) since Hollywood seems to be low on ideas.
Old 2013-04-01, 00:35   Link #588
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Add 3, that is me. 3 words completely describe my reason for not watching this movie: Goku...in...school!
Old 2013-04-01, 20:19   Link #589
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

3 Billion yen in less than a week! >_<

http://news.goo.ne.jp/article/nikkan...0331-0013.html

BEAT THAT HOLLYWOOD "DRAG"GON BULL!!!!
Old 2013-04-02, 06:29   Link #590
GDB

Quote:

I assume you're referencing Evolution and not Hollywood in general, because that number is generally seen as a flop by many Hollywood movies if they don't make it in their opening weekend.
Old 2013-04-02, 22:44   Link #591
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I assume you're referencing Evolution and not Hollywood in general, because that number is generally seen as a flop by many Hollywood movies if they don't make it in their opening weekend.
That's how worst this movie is?! My goodness..........
Jeez next time creative writers listen to the "Creator" of the show before making a live action Film.

This is way better a bit more accurate to the anime series

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-03, 08:25   Link #592
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:

That's not what it says. It says it's now "seen as certain" that the movie will break its 3 billion yen target for its six-week run.

It actually made a bit over 680 million yen (~$7.3 million) its opening weekend. A fantastic start, but certainly not 3 billion in two days. Not even One Piece Film: Z did numbers that incredible.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:03   Link #593
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
I consider that to be the abandoned baby of Spiderman and Star Wars.
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 18:05   Link #594
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
That's not what it says. It says it's now "seen as certain" that the movie will break its 3 billion yen target for its six-week run.

It actually made a bit over 680 million yen (~$7.3 million) its opening weekend. A fantastic start, but certainly not 3 billion in two days. Not even One Piece Film: Z did numbers that incredible.
Aw damn! google translate DAMN YOU!!!! lol
Well at least it still beat a wanna be dragonball movie in less than a week.

Anyways can you translate this?

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0051727
Old 2013-04-04, 18:12   Link #595
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
it's not hard to beat that dragon ball movie
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 19:25   Link #596
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Aw damn! google translate DAMN YOU!!!! lol
Well at least it still beat a wanna be dragonball movie in less than a week.

Anyways can you translate this?

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0051727
A better article is this one, which gives more numbers:
http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0051812

It was expected to have broken 1 million people in attendance on Thursday. It's attracting older fans of the original series, as well as groups of women in their teens and early twenties, in addition to families taking their children. Financials are also looking rosy, with Toei looking ahead to big numbers during Golden Week at the beginning of next month.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 02:26   Link #597
Samari
World's Greatest

So there is a rumor that Akira Toriyama wants to spearhead a new Dragonball Z series? I'm calling BS though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 21:28   Link #598
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just saw the Toriko x One Piece x Dragonball.

Man Goku and Vegeta can mop the floor out of their rivals. It's a promo I think to promote the movie.
Old 2013-04-08, 17:19   Link #599
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
So there is a rumor that Akira Toriyama wants to spearhead a new Dragonball Z series? I'm calling BS though.
I wouldn't mind a new series, but they seriously need to get better writers. Toriyama being so forgetful and Toei notoriously known for their nonsense isn't a good combination. There needs to be quality, especially if it wants to contend with the new king of Shounen manga: One Piece.
Old 2013-04-08, 18:01   Link #600
GDB

Honestly, they need to just do a series focused on Trunks' future or something. Get the power levels down to more manageable levels, make each character count, that sort of thing. Pretty annoying when the villains are so powerful that even Mystic Gohan gets 1-2 shot.