AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 02:03   Link #621
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Uub caused Goku to ditch his family and friends at the end of the series without a care in the world, thats not the kind of guy I'd like as the next main character.
Goku decided that himself. It's not Uub's fault Goku was being himself.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:54   Link #622
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Goku decided that himself. It's not Uub's fault Goku was being himself.
Yes, however he didn't ask if that was a good idea or not and was fine with Goku just leaving his family and friends behind to train for many years, if you count GT.

Man, when you look at Dragon Ball to GT Goku really did change a lot, not in a good way in my opinion, sure he got strong and acts like he cares for his family. I remember in Dragon Ball and the early half of Z thinking "What a great guy" Than that happened and I really didn't understand what happened, I know the guy likes to fight and train but even Vegeta knows what its limit is when it comes to that it seems

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 03:40   Link #623
kakakka

Quote:
Yes, however he didn't ask if that was a good idea or not and was fine with Goku just leaving his family and friends behind to train for many years, if you count GT.
Does not changed the fact that Goku thought of it himself and was eager to train him. And Goku is known to make questionable decisions even before the end of DB/Z. I don't think it's fair to put the blame on Uub or his character when Goku is the one being stupid here.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 04:11   Link #624
T-6000

Quote:

Man, when you look at Dragon Ball to GT Goku really did change a lot, not in a good way in my opinion, sure he got strong and acts like he cares for his family. I remember in Dragon Ball and the early half of Z thinking "What a great guy" Than that happened and I really didn't understand what happened, I know the guy likes to fight and train but even Vegeta knows what its limit is when it comes to that it seems
I actually looked up to Goku and admired him. But after the Cell Saga I felt that the power he attained got to his head. And IMHO, he became a bit arrogant (which is Ironic since I've long felt now that Superman has this similar problem). I'll admit that the Funimation dubb did make Goku more arrogant than how he really was, but even when I rewatched the DBZ series (the Japanese versions this time rather than the english dubbs) his arrogance rubbed off of me the wrong way as I got further into the series (and a few characters got unbearable for me, sch as Kuririn and his mouthy android wife. IMHO she should have been terminated.). Even though I disliked the DBGT series overall, the one thing I liked about the series was that they toned down Goku's arrogance alot.

By the way, I may as well ask this before I forget. My brother in law, yesterday, told me that he's heard that because of the popularity of this new DBZ movie there are plans for a new DBZ movie. I thought this was a bit too.....'incredible' to believe. But I thought I'd go ahead and ask people here if there is any truth to this rumor, or if he heard wrong.
Old 2013-04-15, 09:06   Link #625
GDB

I'd say his arrogance really begins when he turns Super Saiyan. That's also when he starts not really caring about his family (staying in space for a year to train).

As far as another movie/series goes, there's nothing about it on ANN, Kanzenshuu, or any other news site. As far as I'm concerned, that makes it as credible as "my father's cousin's daughter's tax attorney heard..."
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 11:19   Link #626
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That Dragon Ball Z movie sounds like its making a lot of money. I'm curious though, how does it compare to One Piece Z? Money I mean, I forget how much that film made but I know the One Piece films keep breaking records.
Dragon Ball battle of Gods: 22 million dollars after 16 days
One piece film Z: 36 million dollars after 10 days
Old 2013-04-18, 00:00   Link #627
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
By the way, I may as well ask this before I forget. My brother in law, yesterday, told me that he's heard that because of the popularity of this new DBZ movie there are plans for a new DBZ movie. I thought this was a bit too.....'incredible' to believe. But I thought I'd go ahead and ask people here if there is any truth to this rumor, or if he heard wrong.
Here you go:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/04/15...-episode-0330/

(The disclaimer was added after illiterate people on the Internet started linking to it as "proof" of the rumor. How a thorough debunking passes for validation, I have no idea. Perhaps merely speaking its name gives it power. )

Also here:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/view...642665#p642665
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 21:12   Link #628
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
Here you go:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2013/04/15...-episode-0330/

(The disclaimer was added after illiterate people on the Internet started linking to it as "proof" of the rumor. How a thorough debunking passes for validation, I have no idea. Perhaps merely speaking its name gives it power. )

Also here:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/view...642665#p642665
I'm not surprised to read that a misunderstanding turned into a rumor, such a thing tends to happen frequently. In fact, this isn't the first time that I've read about a rumor of a new Dragonball series. Hell, remember the rumors of Dragonball AF (and the fanart that was passed off as "conecpt art")?
Old 2013-04-18, 21:41   Link #629
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Super Saiyan power has always been based on anger. The best this does is say that Vegeta can still be relevant in short bursts.
It's because of plot armor, fan favorite rivals always get second place imho.

He's kept around because he's useful as Akira Toriyama says it, which means Vegeta though he hates the character, he's the one giving the big bucks due to popularity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Dragon Ball battle of Gods: 22 million dollars after 16 days
One piece film Z: 36 million dollars after 10 days
Not surprise since One Piece is indeed more popular in Japan
Old 2013-04-18, 22:30   Link #630
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Not surprise since One Piece is indeed more popular in Japan
And in the US?
Old 2013-04-18, 23:20   Link #631
Destined_Fate

Super Saiyan God... Ugh.

Huge disappoint. It was just a pink Kaio-ken and didn't even amount to anything in the end... The movie was also way too much Goku Time though I'm not really surprised as that's what DBZ ended up being because fans refused to let Goku pass on the torch to Gohan. That villain was also terrible and his reason for wanting to kill everyone later on was lame too.

I'm not looking forward to that rumored new DBZ series even if it gives us an idea what everyone was doing during the long timeskip and before GT.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 23:22   Link #632
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
And in the US?
DBZBOG 2 more years before it gets published.

One Piece is hot in Japan, DB is more of a hit in the US
Old 2013-04-19, 08:51   Link #633
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:

He's kept around because he's useful as Akira Toriyama says it, which means Vegeta though he hates the character, he's the one giving the big bucks due to popularity.
This is most likely the reason Vegeta has become #2 again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
And in the US?
One Piece isn't really popular in North America primarily because of how 4Kids handled it prior to Funimation taking over. It was originally a terrible, censored mess, with atrocious voice acting, that really turned people away from it. Now, it's a really good dub. And the manga volumes are being released shortly after their japanese counterparts. It's unfortunate, because One Piece is a very well-written story. It's easily surpassed Dragon Ball for me.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:55   Link #634
GDB

Quote:

I doubt he hates Vegeta. After all, he gave Vegeta the final panel in the Z manga. If he hates anyone at this point, it's probably Goku, since he's seemingly not allowed to write a story where Goku isn't the ultimate champion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I'm not looking forward to that rumored new DBZ series even if it gives us an idea what everyone was doing during the long timeskip and before GT.
And you shouldn't be, since it's not real. It's just a rumor, and a bad one at that. And bad rumors need to just die off.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:57   Link #635
Destined_Fate

Good.

Dragon Ball Z has been milked for so long... I mean, sure it turns a profit still and these new Movies and stuff give them new shiny broken characters for the fighting games... But it seems to be way too much.

I don't blame him if he hates Goku. He wanted to pass down the torch so many times but he just wasn't allowed to which in turn forced him to change plans as he had wanted characters like Gohan to take the lead there after.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:58   Link #636
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I doubt he hates Vegeta. After all, he gave Vegeta the final panel in the Z manga. If he hates anyone at this point, it's probably Goku, since he's seemingly not allowed to write a story where Goku isn't the ultimate champion.
Toriyama said in some interview that he hates Vegeta as a character. And although that was some time back, that may very well still be the case, and it's all we have to go by concerning this.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:59   Link #637
GDB

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up doing more movies or OVAs, but they definitely won't do another series. Kai proved to them that no one will buy blurays or dvds, despite massive ratings. In other words, everyone wants to see it, no one cares enough to shell out money for it. Thus, they will likely go with avenues where money must be paid to see it: movies and OVAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Toriyama said in some interview that he hates Vegeta as a character. And although that was some time back, that may very well still be the case, and it's all we have to go by concerning this.
He probably already forgot he hated him. He couldn't even remember things from the finale of Z (SSJ3 != SSJ2).
Old 2013-04-19, 09:02   Link #638
Destined_Fate

I worry about that as the later Movie plots have been pretty bad and they really can't make something awesome or thought out due to the time constraints on a Movie compared to a series.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:10   Link #639
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
He probably already forgot he hated him. He couldn't even remember things from the finale of Z (SSJ3 != SSJ2).
Good point .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I worry about that as the later Movie plots have been pretty bad and they really can't make something awesome or thought out due to the time constraints on a Movie compared to a series.
Honestly, they have a great source material to work with. They just need to find competent and passionate writers for such a project. Even if it's just movies or OVAs from now on, they same still applies. We don't want shoddy products just for the sake of milking the franchise.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:14   Link #640
GDB

The main thing they need to do is stop having Gohan get punked in two hits. Let him be the one to get the drawn out battle while Goku gets his power-up before ultimately beating the boss. They kind of did this in the Dragon Fist movie, though he still got punked at the end (should've had them explain that Gohan's lack of any technique fancier than a Kamehameha or Masenko is what kept him from being able to beat Hirudegarn).

Maybe showcase Vegeta's tactical mind some more, since it seemingly disappeared from his character after Namek.

And, of course, bring in Future Trunks!