AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's - Rating
Perfect 10 14 23.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 5.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-03-21, 05:20   Link #341
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Oooh, subs are out? Which group picked it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Hmyeah, pretty much what we'd figured. Would've been better if they made the doctor her guardian though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Also why the BoD activates is sortof explained as well.

Spoiler:


Edit: Finished rewatch, and with subs this time. Don't care what anyone says, movie was great. The emotion was on par with A's if not higher. And the improved animation definitely made the action more enjoyable. Only real complaint (same as when I watched it the first time) was how scenes transitioned too quickly at times. I wouldn't say it felt disjointed, but I wish some scenes lasted just a little longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Forgot that part (and they didn't fill us much on the Wolkenritter, it was a montage). It was written as:
Spoiler for Actar:
Right, so pretty much goes berserk "because plot" then. Not the most elegant of solutions, but with the removal of Graham this was hardly unexpected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I'm the only one who find the character design for the girls in the movies a bit too round and weird?

I don't dislike it per se, it looks fine, it's just that i'm too used to the original style and like it better than this despite the quality enhacements xDU
Far from the only one. We've had arguments about the movie style all the way back to when the movie 1st was first announced.

Though every time I look back to the TV series, I'm reminded how horrible the quality was. Nostalgia makes it look good in memory alone.
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 05:36   Link #342
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post



Right, so pretty much goes berserk "because plot" then. Not the most elegant of solutions, but with the removal of Graham this was hardly unexpected.
Spoiler:


As for subber, I'm not sure. I downloaded a raw, and then uploaded the subs through a sub file. My guess is that these are the original subs that came with the BD release, but they were refined by someone from 4chan (supposedly) and then re-uploaded. They're not bad from what I could see.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 06:52   Link #343
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Berlin, Fatherland
So, I finished watching it. WAY better than I expected.

Random notes:

- Wolkenritter are badass. I mean, you know you're a badass when your introduction line is literally "Der General kommt"... But when you start wrecking Nanoha and Fate this hard, it just leaves an impression.
- Music was... good, very good. I did not expect this. When I first listened to the soundtrack I honestly thought it was mediocre compared to the other Nanoha stuff; but when I actually watched the movie? The music fits very well. Although I do think the insert song here is the worst in all of Nanoha. Not a killer flaw though.
- Lindy and Fate got a moment together. It was sweet and considering Lindy is her adoptive mother, it was about time they showed some interaction between each other.
- Reinforce is beautiful, gorgeous. Reinforce is love. This movie gave her quite a bit of focus and I love it. Best Nanoha girl!
- Reinforce vs. Nanoha/Fate was brutal... Really, brutal. Who needs energy weapons when you can chain them at the feet and smash them into the ground, huh? And yes, Reinforce "beating" Nanoha is not accurate to say in this movie. Rather, it should be Reinforce "beating the shit out of" Nanoha...
- Excelion ACS from the original A's was pretty much my favourite scene in all of Nanoha; Now, the movie definitely is weaker in the musical part of the scene (even though I already praised the movie's music, I know, but that's because the music in the original was perfect for that scene)... Uhh, but considering Nanoha was literally smashing Reinforce through multiple stone pillars, I think I can forgive that.
- This might just be my impression, but it felt like Shamal got more attention than she did in the original?
- Vita scene where she's fighting against random monsters and refuses to give up... Very emotional, improved from the original
- I think the Fate Dreamworld scene was better than in the original, too
- Kana Ueda really knows how to cry
- Overall, the intensity of the battles impressed me the most. I mean, I really did shout out IRL just because I was so shocked/impressed at what was happening on-screen.
- Did I mention that Reinforce is awesome?

Gripes with the movie:
- No Fate "saving" Nanoha scene at the beginning. This is quite bothersome because it was an amazing scene, and because the end of Movie 1st heavily hinted at this scene... So what gives? On the other hand, Fate literally saves Nanoha's life during the Reinforce fight, but it definitely did not have the same impact as the original "big damn heroes" scene
- No Reinforce Starlight breaker... That was also quite disappointing, but I think the way they cranked up the badassery to Dragonball Z levels (without the shitty choreography and animation, of course) in that fight, makes up for it.
__________________
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:09   Link #344
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Something I noticed with the A's movie, is I seemed to actually like all of the characters. This is not the case with the series, where Some were great, some were decent, and the rest just existed. I'm not sure why this is, but I imagine there were hidden elements that were added, which didn't exist in the series. I'd need to compare and contrast the movie and series to find out.


Favorite scenes:

Nanoha and Fate's transformation. Each were nearly two minutes long, and the budget really showed. The bestial eye opening up on Fate's device was awesome.

Hayates final farewell to Reinforce. After all, she's the happiest tomb in the whole world.

Wolkenritter and Hayate bonding moments. Quite a few of them, really.

Fate dream world. The emotions were running wild with this one. Fate crying at the dinner table knowing that whats happening couldnt possibly be real, and her final farewell with Alicia. "I love, you sister" So quote, yet powerful. Wonderful scene. Dem feels.

Nanoha and Fate joint attack as well as when Fate cleaved that massive projectile to save Nanoha. All of the battles were really well done, and none seemed to suffer from still frames.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:22   Link #345
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Wait, wait, wait, WAIT a MOMENT!

Fate got out of the dream world to save Nanoha...





GAH!

GODDAMMIT, TSUKI! STOP FUCKING YOUR SERIES UP SO MUCH!!!

SHEESH! First that first movie that basically was Raising Heart vs Fate the whole time and NOW you do THIS?!

So, I guess Hayate wasn't important at all, huh?

One of my favorite moments in the A's season, one of the BEST moments in the A's season was Hayate holding off the Protection Program so Nanoha could blast Reinforce, Hayate and Fate free of it.

They...

GAH!

Edit: Also, something else...

Mamoru, didn't you say this...

Quote:
- Wolkenritter are badass. I mean, you know you're a badass when your introduction line is literally "Der General kommt"... But when you start wrecking Nanoha and Fate this hard, it just leaves an impression.
And, yet, Demi said this...

Quote:
Because of Vita be cornered by Nanoha, and the inevitability of being shot point blank by her divine buster, the book decided the knights were fighting a losing battle and deactivated them so it could take over. The book is more of a sentient being in the movie, and makes more complex choices, compared to the series.
So... are the Wolkenritter badass and capable of wrecking Nanoha and Fate completely? Or are they weak and got really lucky the first time?
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:30   Link #346
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
First off, It's time for your blood pressure medication, again.

Secondly, Nanoha and Fate got stomped pre-device upgrade. After the upgrade, they seemed pretty evenly matched.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:38   Link #347
Kaijo
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
In the series, the NF and the Wolks were about evenly matched, until the Wolks popped cartridges and powered through through a cartridge-powered attack. Which made sense. In this instance, the cartridges are more like a shonen power-up, in that NF are helpless, totally, before the system, and then back to an even fighting edge after. It makes less sense.

They *should* be even, except when dealing with a cartridge-powered attack, since all the cartridge system does is power up a particular spell. Tactics and such should remain unchanged. Fate even managed a hit on Signum in the series, pre-upgrade.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:39   Link #348
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
1: The movies, so far, have sucked. Everyone just keeps going on and on about "ooh, how pretty" they are without giving anything objective about them. The only thing the first movie that most people can agree on is that they took out the first three episodes that was good, even though, looking back at it, it ties into Nanoha's character development. It was one of the reasons why she was willing to push herself so hard was because she let a Jewel Seed go out of control in Season 1. She didn't have that in the movie.

2: So, my comment still stands then, the Wolkenritter were pretty weak then in the movie if they go from "complete roffle-stomp" to evenly matched with the upgrade. In the series, Nanoha was fighting Vita fairly evenly, though Vita had a slight edge, until Vita used a cartridge and blew through her defenses. Signum was much stronger than Fate the whole time, and yet Fate STILL got a shot in on Signum in the series and could only barely keep up with Signum (who was holding back, a LOT) after the upgrade.

Also, Demi., did Arf get drained at the same time as Nanoha and Fate did? And, if so, what happened to her afterwords?
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:39   Link #349
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Berlin, Fatherland
They didn't really fight though. Well, you didn't see much.

I was under the impression NachtWal decided "lol knights don't matter anymore" because... well, that's just what NachtWal does. That's the reason it's a corrupt program, isn't it? Because it takes charge no matter what the situation actually is.
__________________
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:43   Link #350
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
They didn't really fight though. Well, you didn't see much.

I was under the impression NachtWal decided "lol knights don't matter anymore" because... well, that's just what NachtWal does. That's the reason it's a corrupt program, isn't it? Because it takes charge no matter what the situation actually is.
Wait, the first fight we don't see much of or the Reinforce fight?

And we have seen, via flashbacks throughout the series, that Reinforce was active at the same time as the knights were in the past.

Why couldn't the book just kill the Personalities of Vita, Signum, Shamal and Zafira and forcibly go Berserk, thus having Nanoha and Fate have to fight against the full might of the Book of Darkness? would have made more sense than killing the Knights off.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:45   Link #351
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
They didn't really fight though. Well, you didn't see much.

I was under the impression NachtWal decided "lol knights don't matter anymore" because... well, that's just what NachtWal does. That's the reason it's a corrupt program, isn't it? Because it takes charge no matter what the situation actually is.
It activated the second before Vita was going to get hit with divine buster, and it was unblockable since she was bound. She knew this and closed her eyes awaiting the impending attack. So to me, it seemed like Natchwal deemed the knights an uncertain victory, so it decided to take over for them.

Quote:
Also, Demi., did Arf get drained at the same time as Nanoha and Fate did? And, if so, what happened to her afterwords?
Yes, and she had to recover just like Nanoha and Fate. Ala R&R.

Although it didn't specifically show her getting drained. Shamal binded her and then when it transitioned back to her, she was unconscious. So it was either A.) she got drained or B.) Fate being drained made her go unconscious due to lack of supplied mana.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:52   Link #352
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
So... Arf recovered, huh?

Did she recover at the same time as Nanoha and Fate?
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:54   Link #353
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Berlin, Fatherland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Why couldn't the book just kill the Personalities of Vita, Signum, Shamal and Zafira and forcibly go Berserk, thus having Nanoha and Fate have to fight against the full might of the Book of Darkness? would have made more sense than killing the Knights off.
It took their linker cores to complete the pages of the Book of Darkness, which is first priority for NachtWal. Given that they are pretty much useless without linker cores you might as well kill them. That's what you usually do with programs that are of no use to you.
__________________
Takamura Mamoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 07:57   Link #354
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
It took their linker cores to complete the pages of the Book of Darkness, which is first priority for NachtWal. Given that they are pretty much useless without linker cores you might as well kill them. That's what you usually do with programs that are of no use to you.
So... What?

...



WHAT?!

You're telling me that the Book of Darkness could drain the Linker Cores of anything it wanted to do at any FREAKING TIME?!

So, WHY didn't it drain Nanoha, Fate and Arf completely dry and leave them unable to recover then?

At least in the series it made sense because the book could NOT do that on its own and needed someone to initiate the draining.
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 08:20   Link #355
Demi.
Ass connoisseur
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 27
The knights are a part of the program. The book has power over them.
__________________
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 08:22   Link #356
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Frozen Hell of the North
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Again, series, the twins had to start the draining of the Wolkenritter, not the book.

So, if the book can drain the knights, why can't it drain anything and everything without needing to be told?
__________________

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 09:23   Link #357
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Unseen Horizon
Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
^ bidding time until 606 pages then absorb Wolks for another 60 pages.

XD hates the movie
__________________

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!

Last edited by bhl88; 2013-03-21 at 09:36.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 11:51   Link #358
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Being totally ebillll
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
lol could some of you actually watch the fucking movie before freaking out? I mean yes, I see some of these spoilers and realize some parts must be broken and badly put in, but taking things out of context doesn't help matters.

I mean at least the few of us that don't like Force actually read the some of the damned thing before littering the screen.

Of course, if you won't, that to me just justifies that the writers are a bunch of hacks that only care about making money. :]
__________________
You just try again... through the darkness.You just go away... the future is waiting for us!
Avatar and Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480 (Stormbluff Isle)
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 12:34   Link #359
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Costa Rica
Age: 23
Well, we do need to see the movie first. So far it sounds and it looks good but I am not sure. I will need to watch the movie by myself and form an opinion there is no point on getting angry when you haven’t see the thing and you really have no idea what is going on there.
__________________
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 12:40   Link #360
guest
guess
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Has anyone noticed that Raising (raging?) heart has improved its English A LOT since the TV series?
__________________
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.