AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's - Rating
Perfect 10 14 22.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 25.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.97%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 12.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.61%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.61%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-03-27, 20:44   Link #941
Archon_Wing
Cool Story Bro
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, anime is a weird world. Grown men and women don't have nipples, but little girls do... ?

Wonder what they'll do for Erio once it's his turn.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 20:46   Link #942
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Skip, put one or remove his.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 20:49   Link #943
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
So, we're all in agreement then, the transformations really weren't needed (not that long at least) for the movie?

Or at least the loli nipples.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 20:51   Link #944
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
So, we're all in agreement then, the transformations really weren't needed (not that long at least) for the movie?

Loli nipples not needed. Henshin needed. Length of henshin not needed.

Could trim both down to about half. Maybe show a quick fanservice shot for the fans (minus the nipples) and then do a speedy job of clothing the poor, cold girls...Then focus the rest of the time on the devices, 'cause that part was aweome.

That's my stance.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:54   Link #945
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Demi., I'm in complete shock.

We actually agree on something.

Old 2013-03-27, 20:58   Link #946
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So people aren't allowed to prefer one type of entertainment medium over another now? They have to like them all equally?

People have a right to entertainment genre and medium preferences.
I have to come back to this...

Triple_R, while most of us here do prefer anime over manga (I'm sure, otherwise we probably wouldn't be here. )

the truth is, for most of us, if we want to find out information about characters we like, we need to check the manga or the sound stages out.

And I don't really like the Sound Stages, i find them boring.

But if I want to find information on the Numbers, how Nanoha was trained, how Fate was trained, Rein Zwei's dreams, or the mission in StrikerS that went to Earth...

All in the Sound Stages.

Nothing wrong with prioritizing characters, it's just...

The rest of us have to use the manga and sound stages, so...

To use your own words here...

"Suck it up."

Old 2013-03-27, 20:59   Link #947
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Demi., I'm in complete shock.

We actually agree on something.
We agree that the first main fight in A's and all that it entails, was done better in the series. Though we disagree on why it was changed.

We quickly depart in view from there...though

The thing I'm most in shock about is how some people don't feel it had a stronger emotional impact during the more emotional scenes...Cause wow, those really impressed me.
Old 2013-03-27, 20:59   Link #948
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

At least the Madoka henshin wasn't that fanservicey in the movie..... (even Mami's corset....)

^ TV series: Lieze, wryyy?!
^ I was more of: I wanna punch Natchwal in the face.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Old 2013-03-27, 21:01   Link #949
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
We agree that the first main fight in A's and all that it entails, was done better in the series. Though we disagree on why it was changed.

We quickly depart in view from there...though

The thing I'm most in shock about is how some people don't feel it had a stronger emotional impact during the more emotional scenes...Cause wow, those really impressed me.
Like I said, I was watching the movie for the action since I knew I wouldn't get much (if) anything else that would interest me in the movie.

Old 2013-03-27, 21:43   Link #950
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
I don't know. In the series, I get emotional during the following moments:

1. Nanoha/Vita fight
2. Nanoha's first SLB, and collapse after
3. When the Wolks are gathered around talking about what to do, after learning that Hayate's paralysis is spreading (and Vita is more tearful in the series, and her emotive cry for Shamal to heal Hayate hits me harder in the series)
4. Hayate begging "Nanoha" and "Fate" to spare Vita and Signum
5. Hayate's subsequent piercing pained scream
6. The whole Snow Rain sequence, both song and the scenes (Hayate taking charge, Arf and Yuuno swooping in to help, Fate talking about getting out of her dream and shattering it).

Those are the most emotional for me. Of those, the first is incredibly fast(and thus hard to feel much), and the second is nonexistent. The third is more emotional to me in the series, because Vita is more emotional in her pleading cry to Shamal.

With the fourth, I feel Hayate's begging has more pained, tearful screaming in her begging. The scene is drawn out, and thus more time to be affected as you can hear her slowly breaking down and becoming more desperate. Which leads to the fifth, a scream that lasts long longer and really feels like she is giving everything to it. The movie scream is much shorter and feels more... I won't say half-hearted, but perhaps only 75% of much.

The last one, for me, is one of my favorite sequences in all of the Nanoha anime. The song starts softly, and remains fairly soft for awhile, so you don't really think it is going to be a kick ass sequence. But then it ramps up as Hayate takes charge and Nanoha charges up. There is an electric guitar piece that happens when Fate unsheathes Zanber form that really goes hand-in-hand, snapping everything into focus that this song is one about a quiet strength. It finally makes you realize, as the song switches gears, that no matter what, none of these girls will give up, and are about to showcase just why they are powerful heroines, mentally as well as magically.

The whole song seems to say, "Yeah, remember all that bad stuff that happened that seemingly broke our girls? Well, we're just about to show you why they are stronger than that. This series is about to show you the light that shines, even in the darkest hour."

And then the song reaches it's last third, after Nanoha goes over 9000 and Fate breaks herself free. I'm a bit more emotional there, as Arf and Nanoha realize Fate is out; and to be honest, it's more Arf saying Fate's name that gets me. Even in the first movie, when Fate showed up to save Nanoha near the end and everyone is surprised to see her, it's Arf's repeated, "Fate-o! Fate-o!" and her crying and hugging that moves me a lot. We really get to feel the love Arf has for Fate. I love those moments of hers, which the A's movie lacked. So when Arf says her soft, "Fate-o" here, despite it being a short utterance, you can really feel how deep the emotions are blended into that simple word.

But anyway, the song enters it's last phase, and Hayate is taking charge, having pulled herself together, and it will usually bring a tear to my eye. When I showed the series to my anime group, I had to try really hard to avoid sniffling throughout this part, heh. Also, I actually liked Reinforce back in the series, when she mainly just had tears leaking from her eyes, and her voice just barely breaking a little, rather than her more expressive emotion in the A's movie. The former told you that she had lived a long time, and thus was kinda used to this, and so still felt kinda dead inside, but Hayate was bringing out the small amount of feeling left in her. Whereas the movie had her as a hammy actor, overplaying her scene.

Oh, I should also add one more moment in the series: When Hayate asks for her sword and armor, calls the Wolks back, breaks out, and transforms. And then Vita crying and hugging Hayate. And her "Welcome back, everyone" and also addressing Nanoha and Fate with, "I'm sorry. My children have caused you a lot of trouble." The lines were perfect. She really shows why she is a heroine; she was able to overcome her pain, and forgive people who she felt were responsible (N&F). That makes her stronger than Movie Hayate, who didn't have that point of contention with the two due to no Lieze twins. She just had NachtWall to blame, an entity that is easy to feel negative towards. There is no cost to it. Like feeling dislike against a grostesque inhuman monster that has no redeeming or humanizing feelings or features.

For some reason, though, the Snow Rain version in the movie held less impact. It felt more... electrical and mechanical. Artificial, rather than a natural sounding voice, and I think that ruined it for me. It doesn't really switch grears or amp up, but remain the same flat tone. Fate is already outside, and so her "break out" moment isn't a part of the song. Rather than the song encapsulating all three heroines overcoming each of their situations, it's more a bland backdrop to beam spam.

Oh, and shouting "Fire!" isn't as epic to me as Nanoha shouting "Shoot!" during the sequence. As if you needed anymore proof as to which direction the movies lean....
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 00:18   Link #951
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
The problem is, Triple_R, a lot of people DON'T see it that way. Not fans of the series, but outsiders who watch.

I really suggest you look up horror stories on people who get arrested for having "pedophilia" when all they have is manga like Love Hina and such to really understand the problem.
So your response to people who are getting overzealous in attacking such "pedophilia" is to completely capitulate to them? I don't agree with the hardcore lolicon fan that's unwilling to compromise an inch, but your position strikes me as the opposite extreme.

Plus, you speak of this as though you think people are going to get arrested simply for going into theaters to watch this movie. Do you honestly think that's going to happen?

Quote:
I have to come back to this...

Triple_R, while most of us here do prefer anime over manga (I'm sure, otherwise we probably wouldn't be here. )

the truth is, for most of us, if we want to find out information about characters we like, we need to check the manga or the sound stages out.

And I don't really like the Sound Stages, i find them boring.

But if I want to find information on the Numbers, how Nanoha was trained, how Fate was trained, Rein Zwei's dreams, or the mission in StrikerS that went to Earth...
Not everybody is particularly interested in learning little bits of information that are slowly doled out in a very piecemeal fashion through a medium that lacks a visual quality to it. In my view, it's one of the least satisfying ways imaginable to handle character development.

One thing I've disliked about the Nanoha franchise is its heavy reliance on the Sound Stage format when simply put, the vast majority of anime franchises don't pull this sort of stuff. At least not to the same extreme.

Besides, my view on it is that it's somewhat similar to the Star Wars movies and the associated Star Wars novels. The novels have information that flesh things out nicely, but the movies can and should be able to stand on their own, however flawed you may consider them to be.

Quote:

Nothing wrong with prioritizing characters, it's just...

The rest of us have to use the manga and sound stages, so...

To use your own words here...

"Suck it up."
When have I used those precise words on this thread, Nanya? Please, show me. Link me to the post where I was rude enough to use those precise words.

And I really wonder how many people are going to talk about how "unfair" you're being here. Since you're now literally putting words into other people's mouths.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-03-28 at 00:41.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 00:26   Link #952
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Probably: when licensed.

Old 2013-03-28, 01:03   Link #953
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I don't know. In the series, I get emotional during the following moments:

1. Nanoha/Vita fight
2. Nanoha's first SLB, and collapse after
3. When the Wolks are gathered around talking about what to do, after learning that Hayate's paralysis is spreading (and Vita is more tearful in the series, and her emotive cry for Shamal to heal Hayate hits me harder in the series)
4. Hayate begging "Nanoha" and "Fate" to spare Vita and Signum
5. Hayate's subsequent piercing pained scream
6. The whole Snow Rain sequence, both song and the scenes (Hayate taking charge, Arf and Yuuno swooping in to help, Fate talking about getting out of her dream and shattering it).

Those are the most emotional for me. Of those, the first is incredibly fast(and thus hard to feel much), and the second is nonexistent. The third is more emotional to me in the series, because Vita is more emotional in her pleading cry to Shamal.

With the fourth, I feel Hayate's begging has more pained, tearful screaming in her begging. The scene is drawn out, and thus more time to be affected as you can hear her slowly breaking down and becoming more desperate. Which leads to the fifth, a scream that lasts long longer and really feels like she is giving everything to it. The movie scream is much shorter and feels more... I won't say half-hearted, but perhaps only 75% of much.

The last one, for me, is one of my favorite sequences in all of the Nanoha anime. The song starts softly, and remains fairly soft for awhile, so you don't really think it is going to be a kick ass sequence. But then it ramps up as Hayate takes charge and Nanoha charges up. There is an electric guitar piece that happens when Fate unsheathes Zanber form that really goes hand-in-hand, snapping everything into focus that this song is one about a quiet strength. It finally makes you realize, as the song switches gears, that no matter what, none of these girls will give up, and are about to showcase just why they are powerful heroines, mentally as well as magically.

The whole song seems to say, "Yeah, remember all that bad stuff that happened that seemingly broke our girls? Well, we're just about to show you why they are stronger than that. This series is about to show you the light that shines, even in the darkest hour."

And then the song reaches it's last third, after Nanoha goes over 9000 and Fate breaks herself free. I'm a bit more emotional there, as Arf and Nanoha realize Fate is out; and to be honest, it's more Arf saying Fate's name that gets me. Even in the first movie, when Fate showed up to save Nanoha near the end and everyone is surprised to see her, it's Arf's repeated, "Fate-o! Fate-o!" and her crying and hugging that moves me a lot. We really get to feel the love Arf has for Fate. I love those moments of hers, which the A's movie lacked. So when Arf says her soft, "Fate-o" here, despite it being a short utterance, you can really feel how deep the emotions are blended into that simple word.

But anyway, the song enters it's last phase, and Hayate is taking charge, having pulled herself together, and it will usually bring a tear to my eye. When I showed the series to my anime group, I had to try really hard to avoid sniffling throughout this part, heh. Also, I actually liked Reinforce back in the series, when she mainly just had tears leaking from her eyes, and her voice just barely breaking a little, rather than her more expressive emotion in the A's movie. The former told you that she had lived a long time, and thus was kinda used to this, and so still felt kinda dead inside, but Hayate was bringing out the small amount of feeling left in her. Whereas the movie had her as a hammy actor, overplaying her scene.

Oh, I should also add one more moment in the series: When Hayate asks for her sword and armor, calls the Wolks back, breaks out, and transforms. And then Vita crying and hugging Hayate. And her "Welcome back, everyone" and also addressing Nanoha and Fate with, "I'm sorry. My children have caused you a lot of trouble." The lines were perfect. She really shows why she is a heroine; she was able to overcome her pain, and forgive people who she felt were responsible (N&F). That makes her stronger than Movie Hayate, who didn't have that point of contention with the two due to no Lieze twins. She just had NachtWall to blame, an entity that is easy to feel negative towards. There is no cost to it. Like feeling dislike against a grostesque inhuman monster that has no redeeming or humanizing feelings or features.

For some reason, though, the Snow Rain version in the movie held less impact. It felt more... electrical and mechanical. Artificial, rather than a natural sounding voice, and I think that ruined it for me. It doesn't really switch grears or amp up, but remain the same flat tone. Fate is already outside, and so her "break out" moment isn't a part of the song. Rather than the song encapsulating all three heroines overcoming each of their situations, it's more a bland backdrop to beam spam.

Oh, and shouting "Fire!" isn't as epic to me as Nanoha shouting "Shoot!" during the sequence. As if you needed anymore proof as to which direction the movies lean....
Wholeheartily agreed, you described almost word by word my sentiment over thse "Snow Rain" scene in the movie comparing it to the series. The anime was much more powerfull, my fav part is precisely when the electric guittar enters just as Fate is about to leave her dream as her black cape majestcaly appears and Bardiche Zamber literally breaks reality followed by an enhaced chorus announcing Nanoha's Excellion Buster and Reinforce's naming. That scene also got tears from me in the anime T-T

Among other scenes that got me moved in the anime was the one where ine of the masked men ripped Fate's linker core right in front of Signum. The grief on Signum's scream and her face was the first solid and clear hint of her hidden dephts. Movie Signum almost came out as a selfish douche by comparission xDU

...5 yeargo, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 02:21   Link #954
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

On the topic of henshins, I actually really like the movie's for them. Yeah, okay they're kinda long, but I always felt the first time you see the transformations in the series were supposed to be long anyway, to show off how well... cool they look.

Okay, yeah they're kinda something that makes it awkward to watch with a friend or family, but... it's not like they show anything directly. It's just kinda...

Thinking on it, to the whole "Big Damn Heroes" thing... the movie taking those out, actually just brought that fight to its logical conclusion. If Nanoha didn't blast the barrier out in the series, we got what happened in the movie - everyone involved gets drained. Yeah, sure, okay you can say "This totally makes Nanoha look weak", but I'd still point out she got her butt completely thrashed by Vita that entire fight and still kept fighting up until the book ripped her Linker Core out (which seemed to be more painful then having a hand in your chest).
Old 2013-03-28, 03:48   Link #955
Archon_Wing
Cool Story Bro
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I'll probably piss a lot of people off with this post, but I'm getting tired and hopefully this would be my last major point on the issue.

While I did enjoy the movie, I am reminded of my rant that I feel that Tsuzuki has become way too reliant on Nanofate. Yes, I guess I was a bit too frustrated there and manga fans won't agree with me, but I've felt like this for a long time.

That was made 6 months ago, and before I watched the movie, I was quite fearful of this along with the sidelining of Chrono's entire character side with Graham removal. Honestly, my expectations were incredibly low and the first part of the movie didn't help.

In essence, it's kind of a double edged sword. I couldn't lie and tell you that I don't like Nanofate. I think it's done really well. I really do love Fate above that though, and could give two shits about pairings as long as they made sense.

But the problem here is that creates good and bad. It creates good, because Nanofate itself to me was well done, but then again one just gets the feeling that without it, he can't do it. To me at least it was Hayate and Reinforce that at least got the focus for it to work for me. But at the same time, I think everything in my rant can apply to the movie, and to say that I am extremely ambivalent about the next one is an understatement.

So I won't kid anyone. I've never been too claiming of objectivity, and eventually decided on 8 for my MAL (was between 8 and 9). FYI, I do take discussions and opinions from others into account. I'm not arrogant enough to think of such as "conceding" or "losing" because it was never about that in the first place.

If I wasn't such a fan of Fate, I could honestly say every entry would be 1-3 points lower to me. There's also no way I'm going to accept anyone saying "Fate pandering" in a positive light, and honestly I don't see this movie as a blatant example even though I am aware it's there, and Tsuzuki is counting his money with it. It's just that watching this movie I was certainly able to focus on other things other than "Those two are so kawaii!!" On the other hand, this is who I am and trying to pretend otherwise would be futile. Sue me I guess.

So in many ways I actually can understand the criticisms, if one is a franchise fan. It might really not be good for the storytelling due to the franchise long term. It's just that I'm just not a particularly huge franchise fan and it doesn't matter to me that much. I'm just going to say that I do respect some of you being so passionate about the franchise, because you give a damn and are giving it a chance when I'm already in what can I salvage from this franchise?" mode.\

I previously had said 2nd movie is the series's last chance with me. It obviously managed to pass, so this is now pushed to the next movie.
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2013-03-28 at 04:06.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 04:45   Link #956
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
When have I used those precise words on this thread, Nanya? Please, show me. Link me to the post where I was rude enough to use those precise words.

And I really wonder how many people are going to talk about how "unfair" you're being here. Since you're now literally putting words into other people's mouths.
Okay, I admit, that was wrong of me to use those specific words, just because, when I was commenting earlier how I'd like to have more of the secondary and side characters getting fleshed out because the movies are just focusing on Fate (primarily) and Nanoha (secondary, and even she doesn't have much development) and I could have sworn you said, and if you didn't, I apologize for it, but I could have sworn you said something along those lines (maybe not as bluntly,) but it essentially boiled down to "suck it up". I flat out said "so, the only way that I can find any enjoyment is to either become a Fate or NanoFate fan in these movies" even.

Quote:
Plus, you speak of this as though you think people are going to get arrested simply for going into theaters to watch this movie. Do you honestly think that's going to happen?
Considering that this is a screwed up world where police are wanting to get their hands on unmanned drones, students are getting sued for buying legitimate textbooks in another country and selling them for profit by the makers, people getting arrested for manga and anime that aren't "pedophilia" but still get charged, kids who are both underage start "sexting" each other and then both end up on the Sex Offenders list for the rest of their lives...

Yes. I would NOT put it past something like that happening.

Last edited by Nanya01; 2013-03-28 at 05:04.
Old 2013-03-28, 05:08   Link #957
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

If characters being shafted is the main complaint, then you should be able to enjoy the movie as long as you're a Nanoha, Fate, Hayate, or Reinforce fan. Pretty darn sure Vita got a good amount of screentime as well. Same goes to Shamal and Zafira, if we're talking proportionally to the series. To me it seems like, you won't enjoy the movie, unless you are a fan of one or more of the main characters. If you're only in it for side characters, you will be sorely disappointed. That's IF the problem you have with the movie is a character you're a fan of getting shafted. Because the characters I mentioned were not shafted. Sorry, it didn't happen. At least not proportionally to the screen time they got in the series.

Are you guys seriously going to make me watch the whole movie again just to count the seconds Fate was on the screen and the seconds Nanoha was on the screen? If it will put things to rest, I'm willing to do it.

Now did Hayate or Reinforce get more screentime then Nanoha or Fate in the movie? Of course not, but Hayate had like 1/4th the screentime in the series. Reinforce probably had 1/20th...Yet she gained so much screen time in this movie, that I could literally consider her a main character. She by far and wide, benefited the most from the film.

Last edited by Demi.; 2013-03-28 at 05:23.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 07:24   Link #958
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
So in many ways I actually can understand the criticisms, if one is a franchise fan. It might really not be good for the storytelling due to the franchise long term. It's just that I'm just not a particularly huge franchise fan and it doesn't matter to me that much. I'm just going to say that I do respect some of you being so passionate about the franchise, because you give a damn and are giving it a chance when I'm already in "what can I salvage from this franchise?" mode.
This.

So much this.

I want the franchise to succeed, I want to enjoy the franchise. But I've already gone into "what can I salvage" for this movie, and I don't want that.

I want the movie to be enjoyable to everyone, but the fact that the movie tailors more towards Fate and NanoFate fans, and Archon_Wing points out that if he wasn't a Fate fan, the movie would have been worse for him, hurts it, a lot.

Old 2013-03-28, 07:36   Link #959
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

If you want the franchise to succeed, then you'd be a fool to want reduced screen time for the more popular characters or pairing. If you just want to enjoy the franchise until it inevitably burns itself out, that's another matter.

On that note, I'm going to do it. Feel free to give me requests if you want exact screen time for a certain character in the movie.

First I'll figure out the screentime they have in the movie, and then I'll do the same in the series. After that, I'll divide each characters series screen time by two--If it comes out to less than their movie length, they had additional screen time, if it comes out to more, then they got "shafted". To what degree, we'll find out.

This will take awhile, I'll *try* to have it done within a week.
Old 2013-03-28, 08:07   Link #960
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Where? Link me to the post, please. And it should be a post that came before I took issue with your comments pertaining to NanoFate.
Actually, do you mind if I just drop this particular sub debate? It took me a while, but my brain has finally caught up with the fact that we're just hurling accusations at eachother that have little to do with the movie.

Quote:

Demi sums up my thoughts to a T on this.

Quote:
If you want the franchise to succeed, then you'd be a fool to want reduced screen time for the more popular characters or pairing. If you just want to enjoy the franchise until it inevitably burns itself out, that's another matter.
"Succeed" is not the word I'd use (movies like twilight have shown that "success" and "quality" are not the same thing) but I do want to see the franchise grow.

Growth means risk, growth means going out of the comfort zone. And right now? I'm already getting what I wanted with Vivid, the PSPverse and Force. Various degrees of success for all of them, but growth nonelethess.

So I'm content as far as the franchise is concerned.

Quote:
On that note, I'm going to do it. Feel free to give me requests if you want exact screen time for a certain character in the movie.
You know what? Let's start with Nanoha, Fate and Hayate. No more ambiguous claims that way.