AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-04-10, 12:39   Link #1
Link

Send a message via AIM to Link
CPU Time Problems

Yeah, my computer time seems to be jacked up. Everytime I restart the computer, it's normal again, but it gets around 1.5-2 times faster than normal.

It seems to only do this when I'm downloading stuff with Azureus BT Client... I wonder what's wrong... If anybody has the same problem or knows what to do, please reply. Thank!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 13:40   Link #2
Raven_Zero

Send a message via AIM to Raven_Zero Send a message via Yahoo to Raven_Zero
opps read it wrong

Last edited by Raven_Zero; 2004-04-11 at 00:52.
Raven_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 17:32   Link #3
JustAnotherFan
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

It's azureus. For some (yet unkown AFAIK) reason it speeds up the system clock by up to 25% (at least on certain system). Unfortunately this is not only affecting the clock but most (all?) other programs using timers.
Old 2004-04-11, 20:13   Link #4
kajic
the kajic

Send a message via ICQ to kajic Send a message via AIM to kajic Send a message via MSN to kajic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherFan
It's azureus. For some (yet unkown AFAIK) reason it speeds up the system clock by up to 25% (at least on certain system). Unfortunately this is not only affecting the clock but most (all?) other programs using timers.
*starts WCPUID to check his cpu frequency*Ö ahhh, still at its regular pace
Haha, thatís quite some bug. Not only itís funny, it could turn out dangerous for some people if their cpu-cooling isn't adequate to move that extra heat radiated from the overclock. Chances your cpu would actually break are extremely slim (you would probably just get a unstable computer) but stillÖ
Old 2004-04-12, 20:27   Link #5
MasafumiGotoh

Beware people using Athlons and in junction using Azureus. Beware the Overheating and killing of the CPU!!!!
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 07:53   Link #6
DeHackEd

The CPU clock and the CPU speed are independent. A separate piece of hardware ticks at regular (programmable) intervals and this is how your clock works.

As for a solution to your problem, I have no idea. But maybe installing an NTP client and having it reset your clock at regular intervals would help. Not a great solution...
DeHackEd is offline   Reply With Quote