AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-07-22, 14:16   Link #21
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: UK
Stubbing your toe is always annoyingly painful.
__________________
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 14:29   Link #22
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Stubbing your toe is always annoyingly painful.
Oh, speaking of feet, mine gone ran over by a taxi. Lucky its my toe and the taxi was moving slow and I was able to knock on he's taxi window, saying, "sir my foot". No shouting actually... No kidding.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 22:06   Link #23
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Hmm, at the start of the year i have a pain in the lower stomach.
When i check with doctors, it said that it is muscle cramp, but didnt explain what have caused it.

Quite freak me out as i assume it might be an appendictis or worse, a kidney pain...
So for anyone medical experience, what may cause a muscle pain in lower stomach??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 00:22   Link #24
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Quite freak me out as i assume it might be an appendictis or worse, a kidney pain...
So for anyone medical experience, what may cause a muscle pain in lower stomach??
Appendicitis and Kidney stones are the two most often "t/c diagnosis" I see doctors make. But physical and urine test could remove the probabilities.

Have you done some sit ups or any form of exercises? Why others signs have you felt other than it? What occasion did that happen/usually happens? How long it has been that way?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 00:51   Link #25
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
It only happens twice so far...
Once 2-3 years ago, 2nd one happen half a year ago.

When i am straightening my body (either by lying down, or standing still), it hurts.
But my urine is fine. I feel the pain for almost 2 weeks. After that it gone.

My doctor diagnosed it as muscular pain.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:08   Link #26
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
It only happens twice so far...
Once 2-3 years ago, 2nd one happen half a year ago.

When i am straightening my body (either by lying down, or standing still), it hurts.
But my urine is fine. I feel the pain for almost 2 weeks. After that it gone.

My doctor diagnosed it as muscular pain.
What is your job by the way? If it requires a lot of hours sitting, then that could be the problem. Try to lay on your stomach when sleeping or simply resting in bed. You just need more stretching on your abdominal region... I often do than for my backache problem due to excessive standing...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 01:46   Link #27
Azuma Denton
~AD~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
What is your job by the way? If it requires a lot of hours sitting, then that could be the problem. Try to lay on your stomach when sleeping or simply resting in bed. You just need more stretching on your abdominal region... I often do than for my backache problem due to excessive standing...
My job???
IT Consultant and yesh i spent maybe 15 hours of my day sitting....


ok, thanks for the advice...
will try them...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 02:01   Link #28
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 21
Every so often, usually when I'm generally short on sleep, I'll suddenly wake up to find that one of my legs has suddenly cramped up for no discernible reason, and it HURTS like the devil. This results in me groggily lurching out of bed and moving around until the pain subsides, and then my leg will be sore for the next few days. It seems like the best way to avoid this is to not go without sufficient sleep for too long.
__________________
Die Arbeit macht selig, denn die Arbeit macht frei
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 02:21   Link #29
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Every so often, usually when I'm generally short on sleep, I'll suddenly wake up to find that one of my legs has suddenly cramped up for no discernible reason, and it HURTS like the devil. This results in me groggily lurching out of bed and moving around until the pain subsides, and then my leg will be sore for the next few days. It seems like the best way to avoid this is to not go without sufficient sleep for too long.
It also occurs after walking for so many hours (eg. going shopping all over town or biking for hours. Yup, insufficient sleep is one factor. And another thing, bad positioning is a factor too. Your body acne either it lack oxygen or damage (not in a exaggerated sense).
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 02:47   Link #30
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Sorry, this has nothing to do with the topic, but when I read the thread title the only thing that registered to my brain was Bohemian Rhapsody, which made me click on the link.

Queen is immortal.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 04:10   Link #31
Aesthetic Shampoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 20
Uuuuum, let's see. Whenever i move my right shoulder, i can feel and hear tendons/veins/blood vessels/w.e moving and snapping there It 'hurts', but its more uncomfortable than painful. Been to the doctor twice, even got an x-ray, but supposedly nothing's wrong with it...what's wrong with it?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 08:26   Link #32
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
Uuuuum, let's see. Whenever i move my right shoulder, i can feel and hear tendons/veins/blood vessels/w.e moving and snapping there It 'hurts', but its more uncomfortable than painful. Been to the doctor twice, even got an x-ray, but supposedly nothing's wrong with it...what's wrong with it?
First of all I ain't a doctor... just helping.. hehehe

Anyway... hmmm, well, if the doctors says there is nothing wrong then there is none... When in doubt, take a second opinion.

May I ask if you lack regular exercises lately? When is your last exercise... I guess you're shoulder or body needs more stretching or tightening.... Yo may need to tighten them up... Just a suggestion, it has it benefits..hehehe
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 09:39   Link #33
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
It also occurs after walking for so many hours (eg. going shopping all over town or biking for hours.
Indeed, acumulation of lactic acid do generates that kind of pain in the leg, the best solution after such excersce is to harden the affected leg muscle for say 30 to 60 seconds so the lactic acid is not stored in said muscle.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 15:53   Link #34
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: USA
Age: 25
I fractured my pelvis in two places due to a rock climbing accident last October. Because I wasn't given a brace of any sort, it was basically up to me to make sure my legs didn't move in the wrong way (that is to say, pretty much at all). Boy howdy did that hurt when they did.
__________________
Gamer_2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 16:51   Link #35
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
nO BRACES? wtf ?!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 17:05   Link #36
Kyuu
=^^=
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 42 10' N (Latitude) 87 33' W (Longitude)
Age: 35
Training for the marathon, I busted on my toe way back in May. After some sessions with a podiatrist - wearing a boot - taking some pills, I am healed enough such that I can walk on my foot. Trying to run on it, it's a different question. And well, at this point, I have to drop out of the marathon, which is non-refundable. But I knew that policy before I went into it....

If I were to start training now, it's already too late.

At the very least, I look forward to doing Ultimate Frisbee again.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 18:07   Link #37
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
It also occurs after walking for so many hours (eg. going shopping all over town or biking for hours. Yup, insufficient sleep is one factor. And another thing, bad positioning is a factor too. Your body acne either it lack oxygen or damage (not in a exaggerated sense).
That mostly makes sense, but what do you mean by "the body lacks damage"? Isn't damage something to be avoided?
__________________
Die Arbeit macht selig, denn die Arbeit macht frei
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:52   Link #38
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
That mostly makes sense, but what do you mean by "the body lacks damage"? Isn't damage something to be avoided?
Sorry, I meant "damage" in the cellular level that it...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 21:47   Link #39
Ledgem
Love Yourself
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Northeast USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Hmm, at the start of the year i have a pain in the lower stomach.
When i check with doctors, it said that it is muscle cramp, but didnt explain what have caused it.

Quite freak me out as i assume it might be an appendictis or worse, a kidney pain...
So for anyone medical experience, what may cause a muscle pain in lower stomach??
If it were appendicitis, there would be no question about it. That is a very intense pain, not the type that you can ignore or live with.

I once heard a statistic that 80% of pains that people present to physicians with are muscular in origin. There are various theories and potential reasons why muscle pain could seemingly come out of nowhere. If you're not moving much, there's the chance that a muscle might not receive enough blood circulation and oxygen. If you're staying in one position for long periods of time (such as sitting, as GenjiChan mentioned) muscles may become fatigued, not so different from "repetitive stress injury." Lastly, remember that all muscles work in paired groups. If muscles in your back as spasming or are unusually tight, it means that they're exerting more force (or "wear and tear") on muscles along your abdomen, which is where you may feel pain.

The best way to avoid pain from any of those causes is to be physically active. Do some gentle stretches in the morning and/or night. Your job requires you to sit for long hours, but you can still take breaks. Every hour or so, take a break to get up and walk around for a few minutes.
__________________
Ledgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.