AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-23, 07:49   Link #161
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
There are three arcs to Muv-Luv: Extra, Unlimited, and Alternative. Alternative doesn't make much sense without Unlimited, and Unlimited needs Extra to start off. Extra on it's own doesn't stand out because it's just another high school renai game (Which is the whole point). It has to be AT LEAST the Extra and Unlimited story arcs animated, and that's a lot to cover in a 2-cour series. Stuff is going to get left out, and that's assuming you have a halfway decent director who knows what he's doing.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 08:36   Link #162
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
I think a good director can bring out the best in Extra. It's not Extra is all crapped high school story. IMHO, fans will be willing to watch it since it's the gateway to the two succeeding arcs.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 08:44   Link #163
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
The problem is: Who?

Not to mention that Extra might get to be compared to the famous Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 16:02   Link #164
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
yeah, "who" is a big problem, since oging by the sales numbers i found it makes them 1 thousand people, not enough to sustain it.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-23, 16:42   Link #165
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
..So all we have are incompetent directors... I'll not argue with that....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 20:50   Link #166
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Saying there are incompetent directors is oversimplifying things.

To get to Alternative, you have to do Unlimited. To get to Unlimited, you have to do Extra. Just adapting Extra is a can of worms since you need to choose whether you want to do Meiya or Sumika route, how will you handle the rest of the harem, etc etc. The problem Extra has is that while it's (mostly) well-executed, it's still generic high school romcom harem, which is something that's oversaturated at this point.

Then you do Unlimited, which is kinda sorta okay, except that plot wise not a lot really happens in Unlimited, in terms of action and shit getting real. But you need to play through Unlimited, you can't just skip it over.

Then finally you get to Alternative.... which still rehashes Unlimited from the start, until the coup happens and shit gets real and chomp. It's a significant investment of a very large and complicated story.

Looking at that, it's no wonder Total Eclipse was animated. The only other story that might have a chance of being animated would be Schwarzesmarken.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 21:05   Link #167
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
And Euro Front? Or could they OVA-ed Ressurection?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 02:12   Link #168
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Saying there are incompetent directors is oversimplifying things.

To get to Alternative, you have to do Unlimited. To get to Unlimited, you have to do Extra. Just adapting Extra is a can of worms since you need to choose whether you want to do Meiya or Sumika route, how will you handle the rest of the harem, etc etc. The problem Extra has is that while it's (mostly) well-executed, it's still generic high school romcom harem, which is something that's oversaturated at this point.

Then you do Unlimited, which is kinda sorta okay, except that plot wise not a lot really happens in Unlimited, in terms of action and shit getting real. But you need to play through Unlimited, you can't just skip it over.

Then finally you get to Alternative.... which still rehashes Unlimited from the start, until the coup happens and shit gets real and chomp. It's a significant investment of a very large and complicated story.

Looking at that, it's no wonder Total Eclipse was animated. The only other story that might have a chance of being animated would be Schwarzesmarken.
What solution? .Flash backs. They can just jump directly to Muv-Luv Alternative while using flashbacks to explain certain actions that need explanation, besides Muv-luv Alternative has a LOT of FLASH BACKS on it.

They could use MLATE as an intro to MLA since both are on the same TIMELINE.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 02:58   Link #169
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
What solution? .Flash backs. They can just jump directly to Muv-Luv Alternative while using flashbacks to explain certain actions that need explanation, besides Muv-luv Alternative has a LOT of FLASH BACKS on it.

They could use MLATE as an intro to MLA since both are on the same TIMELINE.
Congratulations, you've just demonstrated you have no idea of what you're talking about. And that's not getting into the fact that you can't use Total Eclipse to setup Alternative because of the different thematic questions posed by the games.

Extra asks "Who do I love?"
Unlimited asks "How do I survive in this different world?"
Alternative asks "How do I overcome all the hardship I face?"

Total Eclipse's question is more personal: "Who am I?"

Alternative only works if you have experienced Unlimited. Unlimited only works if you have experienced Extra. Flashbacks cannot compensate for that lost experience.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 03:18   Link #170
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Congratulations, you've just demonstrated you have no idea of what you're talking about. And that's not getting into the fact that you can't use Total Eclipse to setup Alternative because of the different thematic questions posed by the games.

Extra asks "Who do I love?"
Unlimited asks "How do I survive in this different world?"
Alternative asks "How do I overcome all the hardship I face?"

Total Eclipse's question is more personal: "Who am I?"

Alternative only works if you have experienced Unlimited. Unlimited only works if you have experienced Extra. Flashbacks cannot compensate for that lost experience.
Ok, I might be wrong about using Total Eclipse, but don't shoved on my face as if I never played the original TRILOGY.

I played Alternative and after playing it... IMHO I think it can be a stand alone series cause a lot of FLASHBACKS have been shown with reference to the two prequels.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 07:34   Link #171
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Ok, I might be wrong about using Total Eclipse, but don't shoved on my face as if I never played the original TRILOGY.
The expression you're looking for is "Don't shove it in my face", and you're also not using it correctly. That expression is used whenever someone, for example Subject BPH, obnoxiously and vociferously proclaims that his Opinion Is Correct And True And All Should Follow It, and keeps shoving that opinion towards Subject W.

(I'm studying for a professional English teaching certification.)

In this instance, you are holding an opinion, and I am telling you that your opinion is a very simplistic opinion that does not take into account serious issues, practical and thematic, with adapting this body of work.

Quote:
I played Alternative and after playing it... IMHO I think it can be a stand alone series cause a lot of FLASHBACKS have been shown with reference to the two prequels.
Again, this is merely your own opinion, and the only support you have for your opinion is that you think it's a good idea. You are willfully disregarding the practical and thematic issues with adapting this body of work.

It is your opinion, and you have the right to it, just as I have the right to tell you that your argument is weak and you have not considered the bigger picture.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.


Last edited by Wild Goose; 2013-11-06 at 07:45.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 07:54   Link #172
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The expression you're looking for is "Don't shove it in my face", and you're also not using it correctly. That expression is used whenever someone, for example Subject BPH, obnoxiously and vociferously proclaims that his Opinion Is Correct And True And All Should Follow It, and keeps shoving that opinion towards Subject W.

(I'm studying for a professional English teaching certification.)
Sorry, not American... Teacher. Sheesh, westerns...

Quote:
In this instance, you are holding an opinion, and I am telling you that your opinion is a very simplistic opinion that does not take into account serious issues, practical and thematic, with adapting this body of work.
But have at least as a professional that you are, void using statements that may sound INSULTING.

Quote:
Again, this is merely your own opinion, and the only support you have for your opinion is that you think it's a good idea. You are willfully disregarding the practical and thematic issues with adapting this body of work.
Geeks..... Sheesh.

Quote:
It is your opinion, and you have the right to it, just as I have the right to tell you that your argument is weak and you have not considered the bigger picture.
Yeah, but you don't have the right to talk big and sound insulting to the weak minded people by attacking their faulty grammar if you're humble enough as should be as professional as you say you are...

Anyway.. thanks for the smart comment, teacher.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS, MODS. Please delete this post if necessary. My humble apologies for the ruckus.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 07:58   Link #173
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Tch... Let's not make a ruckus out of this, all right?

And seriously, are we all agreeing on the fact that the Trilogy won't get animated?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 08:54   Link #174
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Sorry, not American... Teacher. Sheesh, westerns...
The correct word is "Westerner". "Westerns" refers to a genre of movies set in the American west, colloquially known as cowboy films in some parts of the world.

Also, I'm a Malaysian national, of mixed Asian descent. My ancestors hail from India and China.

Quote:
But have at least as a professional that you are, void using statements that may sound INSULTING.
Studying towards a professional certification. Also, I fail to see how that post was insulting, given that I have not attacked your person, and have pointed out that you do not know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Geeks..... Sheesh.
And now you're the person being insulting.

Quote:
Yeah, but you don't have the right to talk big and sound insulting to the weak minded people by attacking their faulty grammar if you're humble enough as should be as professional as you say you are...
I'm paraphrasing the Egg Shell Rule here, but essentially, you're stuck with your debating opponent and have to take them as they are. It is not my fault that I have a superior command of English than you. Humility has nothing to do with the fact that this is how I speak in real life.

I am sorry if the way I write intimidates you, but this is how I am, and I make no apologies for having this command of English, honed by studying law and my current job,

Also, you're putting words in my mouth and misrepresenting my position. This impromptu amateur (in the sense I'm not being paid for this -.-) English lesson is unrelated to my point, which is that you have not given significant thought to the scope of animating the Muv-Luv trilogy, and are simply brushing off legitimate concerns and issues involved in animating this body of work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
And seriously, are we all agreeing on the fact that the Trilogy won't get animated?
We are, wonder of wonders. Well, even all of us can find something to agree on.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 11:15   Link #175
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
even flashbacks need to be animated, so they would still be animating extra and unlimited.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 16:42   Link #176
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
even flashbacks need to be animated, so they would still be animating extra and unlimited.
True but not necessarily all. Many of the importance facts and events from MLE and MLU have been re-shown but MLA.

Spoiler for Trilogy Connections Very HEAVY SPOILER!!!!:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 21:29   Link #177
G147
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: earth
Just one thing, how do they explain to those that haven't or doesn't played the game that Extra is originally Takeru's world, it'll just make them confused as well as the ending the Final Extra. So in the end they still need to start from Extra-> Unlimited -> Alternative -> Final Extra (Ending). The first two parts can't be removed.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 23:05   Link #178
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
Just one thing, how do they explain to those that haven't or doesn't played the game that Extra is originally Takeru's world, it'll just make them confused as well as the ending the Final Extra. So in the end they still need to start from Extra-> Unlimited -> Alternative -> Final Extra (Ending). The first two parts can't be removed.
Ok, so I can assume that they didn't play the next two sequels right? So we speak of a viewer that is an anime only viewer and never played the Trilogy or are you pertaining to a player who only played MLA without passing MLE and MLU?

Things I remembered in MLA

Spoiler for MLA Game Content:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 23:39   Link #179
G147
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: earth
Then how would they explain about the Coup d'etat part, it didn't take place in Unlimited. Also how will they explain the flashbacks of Takeru and the other girls in Extra. The point here is there'll be too many plot holes if they just skipped out both Extra and Unlimited, there's also the event of The Day After to consider too.

Also Extra is meant to "show Takeru's original world and lifestyle". Unlimited is meant to show "Takeru's thought and reaction when first arriving at the Betaverse". While Alternative is to show "Takeru's goal in the Betaverse to save humanity and desire to return to his original world regain his original life". You skip Extra and Unlimited, the plot will have a huge hole that is hard to cover.
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 00:04   Link #180
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Spoiler for MLA Content:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
q&a

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.