AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-10-29, 22:05   Link #181
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
Ouch. How much did that cost? Last I saw it was selling for 15k yen.
7650 yen without shipping. It helps to have a relative who enjoys visiting the country every year.

P.S.
I'm casual. Grevierr has two Type-04s on the way. lol. So hardcore, man.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 01:01   Link #182
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
7650 yen without shipping. It helps to have a relative who enjoys visiting the country every year.

P.S.
I'm casual. Grevierr has two Type-04s on the way. lol. So hardcore, man.
Lol, don't remind me... was bidding on two, wanted to just get one at 12000 yen max, instead got both at 12k each when the other guys didn't overbid me... and the last ones went over 16000k... Still, I made up for the over cost with some A3s I got at 2000 to 3000 yen bargains... YJA occasionally sells much cheaper than retail when the sellers is getting rid of stock... Now just got to pay for commission and shipping...
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 04:07   Link #183
nexcal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
You could always sell the other one to someone else.

I managed to get my hands on some Type-00 but I don't know if I should keep them since they cost a bomb.
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:10   Link #184
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSlayer182 View Post
Damn, I'm so jelly! But I think the TSFs could have better pose lol.

And I just missed the preorder for United Nations Force Brooch
It was still open for preorder last week T__________T
You mean this?
http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP42075


I never buy stuff from HobbySearch if I can help it. HLJ and AmiAmi are much more reasonable for shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
You could always sell the other one to someone else.

I managed to get my hands on some Type-00 but I don't know if I should keep them since they cost a bomb.
Ya, am considering it, but it would be going for at least 200USD since thats about what it costs me after everything, so I might just keep it as a spare...
Which Type-00s do you have btw? I got the Purple R and White A ver, and Export Blue F/C ver.

And commercialization in the MLverse.
Wild Tiger Custom

Images
from Hobby Round 8
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-10-30 at 13:15.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 17:52   Link #185
nexcal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
You mean this?
http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP42075


I never buy stuff from HobbySearch if I can help it. HLJ and AmiAmi are much more reasonable for shipping.



Ya, am considering it, but it would be going for at least 200USD since thats about what it costs me after everything, so I might just keep it as a spare...
Which Type-00s do you have btw? I got the Purple R and White A ver, and Export Blue F/C ver.

And commercialization in the MLverse.
Wild Tiger Custom

Images
from Hobby Round 8
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I managed to get the 00A, 00F Mana custom, 00C and a 00F-00C. I'm having a hard time tracking down the purple 00R though. A used blue 00R went for 14k yen the other day.
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 19:15   Link #186
Rayrah
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Age: 20
Send a message via MSN to Rayrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Berkut is already out though. It was released on September last year. It's pretty cheap for now. I bet the price will skyrocket by the end of the year.
We still need moar Berkut! I won't be happy until I get my hands on a figure of it, which will happen..... eventually. ;_;

Quote:
Oh, and here's a picture of the latest addition to my collection.

The Type-04 arrived 2-3 weeks ago but never had the chance to take pictures of it until a couple of days ago due to deadlines and stuff at school... and me being lazy to find the bloody camera.

Images
Type-04 Shiranui Nigata
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Oh, very nice! Your collection just keeps on growing..
Rayrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 01:13   Link #187
nexcal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I just realised that they used double-sided tapes to keep the figures in place! Makes sense since they're such a pain to balance.
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 08:12   Link #188
DarkSlayer182
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Prepare for copius amounts of jelly. XD

Spoiler for size:


And now the buttons that came with the LEs. The Extra/Unlimited button pack cover is pretty :3

Spoiler for size:
Now I remember, if i'm not mistaken, months ago, when the PS3 Muv Luv Alternative was still in preorder at amiami, the cover image it has was Kasumi closing her eyes, and clasping her hands, with dark blue background. Do you have or know that image? Is it from CG or something?
I mean, I like that picture, it was beautiful, and when I try to find it, the cover image has already change to the game's case image and I've tried searching but still can't find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
You mean this?
http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP42075


I never buy stuff from HobbySearch if I can help it. HLJ and AmiAmi are much more reasonable for shipping.
No, It's this one http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP50298. When I emailed HLJ to ask how could it suddenly went 'discontinued', they said that the product itself apparently cancelled by Cospa, so they didn't take any orders for it. Not sure if it's true or not..

And about Hobby Search shipping cost, how could it be expensive? I mean, when I look at the help pages, I think amiami, hobby stock, and other online retailers use the same shipping cost, the Japan postal cost. Well, never tried to order from them though
DarkSlayer182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 09:12   Link #189
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
No, It's this one http://www.hlj.com/product/CSP50298. When I emailed HLJ to ask how could it suddenly went 'discontinued', they said that the product itself apparently cancelled by Cospa, so they didn't take any orders for it. Not sure if it's true or not..

And about Hobby Search shipping cost, how could it be expensive? I mean, when I look at the help pages, I think amiami, hobby stock, and other online retailers use the same shipping cost, the Japan postal cost. Well, never tried to order from them though
I honestly do not see any difference in the flight badge. There is a one letter change in the item description, is all. So its still up for you to purchase from HLJ.

And HobbySearch cheats on the shipping. I order 10 items including 2 mags from AmiAmi and the shipping is 5700 yen. I just order the same 2 mags from HS and they wanted to charge me 5000 yen. Told them to fuck off and closed my account with them. They don't use the posted shipping rates, and instead charge 'a fixed amount per item, with handling charges'.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 19:39   Link #190
DarkSlayer182
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I honestly do not see any difference in the flight badge. There is a one letter change in the item description, is all. So its still up for you to purchase from HLJ.
Yes, I also think it is the same. The one which I mentioned should be a re-released version. The problem is, I usually order from HLJ through one of my local hobby shops, and they only accept orders for in-stock and preorder items.
Well, hope that there'll be in-stock item when they are released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
And HobbySearch cheats on the shipping. I order 10 items including 2 mags from AmiAmi and the shipping is 5700 yen. I just order the same 2 mags from HS and they wanted to charge me 5000 yen. Told them to fuck off and closed my account with them. They don't use the posted shipping rates, and instead charge 'a fixed amount per item, with handling charges'.
Wow that is crazy..
DarkSlayer182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 22:50   Link #191
nexcal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I honestly do not see any difference in the flight badge. There is a one letter change in the item description, is all. So its still up for you to purchase from HLJ.

And HobbySearch cheats on the shipping. I order 10 items including 2 mags from AmiAmi and the shipping is 5700 yen. I just order the same 2 mags from HS and they wanted to charge me 5000 yen. Told them to fuck off and closed my account with them. They don't use the posted shipping rates, and instead charge 'a fixed amount per item, with handling charges'.
To be honest, I think Amiami isn't as good as HLJ too. I bought the Revoltech series from both Amiami and HLJ but HLJ was cheaper by 1000 yen.
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 23:00   Link #192
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
To be honest, I think Amiami isn't as good as HLJ too. I bought the Revoltech series from both Amiami and HLJ but HLJ was cheaper by 1000 yen.
Is that so? On the Shipping? But Ami Ami gives more discount on the products themselves, while HLJ sometimes have discounted shipping. So far I find if I buy in bulk for my monthly shipments Ami Ami is cheaper overall.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 00:29   Link #193
nexcal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Is that so? On the Shipping? But Ami Ami gives more discount on the products themselves, while HLJ sometimes have discounted shipping. So far I find if I buy in bulk for my monthly shipments Ami Ami is cheaper overall.
That's just based on my experience. I was compiling my expenditure yesterday (very dangerous thing to do when you love buying toys) and I found I paid amiami more for 4 revoltechs compared to another 4 from HLJ. I'm talking about shipping prices alone.

That being said, I think I need to stop buying A3 Volks for now and just concentrate on the variants that I really, really want.
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 01:14   Link #194
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
That's just based on my experience. I was compiling my expenditure yesterday (very dangerous thing to do when you love buying toys) and I found I paid amiami more for 4 revoltechs compared to another 4 from HLJ. I'm talking about shipping prices alone.

That being said, I think I need to stop buying A3 Volks for now and just concentrate on the variants that I really, really want.
I see. It would depend on the weight as well, as the 4 from AA might be heavier than the 4 from HLJ, unless they are the same items? Anyway check the final price, thats the best way to judge the overall value of how much you paid for the items.

And same, I got at least one of every variant now, just need to get some BETAs and ship all my lovelies over...
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 22:16   Link #195
nexcal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I see. It would depend on the weight as well, as the 4 from AA might be heavier than the 4 from HLJ, unless they are the same items? Anyway check the final price, thats the best way to judge the overall value of how much you paid for the items.

And same, I got at least one of every variant now, just need to get some BETAs and ship all my lovelies over...
Nah they weigh almost the same. As for the prices, I only buy during a sale so the HLJ prices were a lot lower. Amiami on the other hand, has prolonged sales.

The revoltechs are still listed at discounted prices there.
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 22:19   Link #196
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Anyone has any idea when the next batch of Revoltechs will be release?
Also, anyone intends to get an Age calendar?
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 00:03   Link #197
nexcal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Any idea what this is? It doesn't look like the regular a3 volks and it's not under TMC. At least not in the website.

http://volkskoreashop.com/Nicecart4/...bidkey=A89B225
nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 01:20   Link #198
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I don't know what it's under but it's making me hard.

Oh shi-
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 01:32   Link #199
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexcal View Post
Any idea what this is? It doesn't look like the regular a3 volks and it's not under TMC. At least not in the website.

http://volkskoreashop.com/Nicecart4/...bidkey=A89B225
I didn't know that Volks had a Korean store...
And the GK in the id tag stands for Garage Kit, or unpainted Resin. Its from the same mold as the A3 btw, and still uses A-lock joints.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 01:44   Link #200
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Type-00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
We still need moar Berkut! I won't be happy until I get my hands on a figure of it, which will happen..... eventually. ;_;


Oh, very nice! Your collection just keeps on growing..
Time will tell considering the market is flooding with TE merchandise. Maybe a revoltech for it will be announced by the end of this year.

It'll slow down now that I manage to get the figures that I really wanted to have. Unless the companies starts making figures of the Blood, Wardogs, Schwarzesmarken, Black Knives, and the Valkyries squadron.

Man, if they do release a figure for each A01 members, that'll totally the dedicated fans. Gotta get them all.


EDIT:
lol. I'm so slow. Grevier beat me to it.

So, after finding out that Volks Korea has A3 in their online shop, I contacted Volks USA and asked whether they have plans to add the A3 series in their store. This is the response:
Quote:

Thank you for your interest in the A3 Series!

We are sorry to say that for various reasons, we do not have
any plans to carry the series here at VOLKS USA.

If this should change in the future it will be announced on our
website and blog, so please always watch there for updates.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

VOLKS USA Web Service Team

VOLKS USA, INC.
386 Beech Ave. Unit B-4
Torrance, CA 90501
What a shame. Could've saved a reasonable amount of money if the figures becomes available here in the states. No proxy fees and the shipping will be cheaper. I guess they'll stick with Dollfies for now.

Images
more images of Koto Yui
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-11-04 at 17:54.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.