AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-04-11, 00:55   Link #781
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Thank you based Surugaya *tears of joy*

__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 02:51   Link #782
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 29
Went looking on AmiAmi. The Muv-Luv patches are all sold out - even Pit Masters.

This leaves me with only one option.

I must go and seek her out, that wisest of women. She who has taught me many things, has bandaged my wounds, has equipped me for life, has trained me to run a house better than the average girl of my generation. She has taught me all the domestic skills save one.

I shall go to seek out my mother, and ask her to teach me how to sew.

And then, I shall make my own goddamned patches.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 06:40   Link #783
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Went looking on AmiAmi. The Muv-Luv patches are all sold out - even Pit Masters.

This leaves me with only one option.

I must go and seek her out, that wisest of women. She who has taught me many things, has bandaged my wounds, has equipped me for life, has trained me to run a house better than the average girl of my generation. She has taught me all the domestic skills save one.

I shall go to seek out my mother, and ask her to teach me how to sew.

And then, I shall make my own goddamned patches.
Good luck! Who are you serving with?
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 07:50   Link #784
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Good luck! Who are you serving with?
Well, I was gonna do a TE cosplay, so I'll just use the generic Prominence jacket.

Went looking at a store in Pyramid... Sweet jesus a flight jacket is RM500 and tactical jacket is RM450. Gonna havta look elsewhere.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:19   Link #785
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well, I was gonna do a TE cosplay, so I'll just use the generic Prominence jacket.

Went looking at a store in Pyramid... Sweet jesus a flight jacket is RM500 and tactical jacket is RM450. Gonna havta look elsewhere.

Holy sheeeeeeeets.....

even the one on amiami is roughly around the same price not including postage yet
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:56   Link #786
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Well, I was gonna do a TE cosplay, so I'll just use the generic Prominence jacket.

Went looking at a store in Pyramid... Sweet jesus a flight jacket is RM500 and tactical jacket is RM450. Gonna havta look elsewhere.
You're better off trying at smaller shops at places like Pertama Complex. I know there's a shop at e@Curve too.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 09:11   Link #787
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 29
There's a place at IOI where a tacticalish jacket is about 100 odd, and I've heard that there's a store in Puncak Jalil, H&N Rika, where the prices are reasonable - I'll check it out in Saturday. Apparently H&N Rika's clientele are mostly law enforcement/ex-cops so their prices shouldn't be too high. I hope.

Worse to worse, I order from Black Tactical - it's a singapore shop, their prices are like half of Pyramid, and they ship to Malaysia.

Now all I need to do is make that damn patch!
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 09:21   Link #788
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Your mum would do well. Hehh.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 01:56   Link #789
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Got my copy of the World Guidance book...

and man that's a lot of info in there...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by MitchelJohn; 2013-04-15 at 01:59. Reason: Pic too big :U
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 02:04   Link #790
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Use 'images'

And yes, those railgun pics are nice... still, expecting more in the design archives.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 04:17   Link #791
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Your mum would do well. Hehh.
My mom is one of the most awesomest moms I've ever met, but she's too busy to actually sew anything nowadays, so if I want that patch sewn/embroidered, I need to get it done myself.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:50   Link #792
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
My mom is one of the most awesomest moms I've ever met, but she's too busy to actually sew anything nowadays, so if I want that patch sewn/embroidered, I need to get it done myself.
You. Are one lucky
Spoiler for purpose:
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:18   Link #793
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
You. Are one lucky
Spoiler for purpose:
Oh, no, my mom doesn't know anything about any of this. All I've told her is that 1) sewing is the last of the domestic arts I need to learn, and 2) it's for a fancy dress sort of event that I'm going to with a couple of friends. She approves of those friends, and thinks I'm a good influence on them.

We sit around and talk videogames and anime and refuse to grow up.



She is never going to find any of my Muv-Luv stuff if I can help it.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:02   Link #794
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Oh, no, my mom doesn't know anything about any of this. All I've told her is that 1) sewing is the last of the domestic arts I need to learn, and 2) it's for a fancy dress sort of event that I'm going to with a couple of friends. She approves of those friends, and thinks I'm a good influence on them.

We sit around and talk videogames and anime and refuse to grow up.



She is never going to find any of my Muv-Luv stuff if I can help it.
My mum knows about my Revoltechs. She knows about the books, but not the bedcover and calendar.
She'll definitely not know what I'm getting next. If she does I'll have to go on explaining why so many things of the same character or something.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 07:49   Link #795
Freedomer
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ukraine
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
If she does I'll have to go on explaining why so many things of the same character or something.
Being Yuzukafan is suffering...
Freedomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 08:51   Link #796
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
My parents know about my Muv-Luv stash ("stash" being a stretch here, it's only the TSFiA books, posters within them and Yui's lingerie figure), but they haven't done anything about it. Luckily they believe in the "You're and adult - it's your business" solution.

...It does get awkward when my mom tries to see if you can pry off Yui's bra, but that's about it.

We also browsed the Schwarzemarken volumes, playing in"spot the Pole". In frightening display of intuition, they guessed Sylwia's nationality right off the bat. Was fun. Especially when my dad indicated poor Inghlid as Stasi spy, instead of the obviously evil Beatrix.

The only thing I haven't really publicized around my room would be that Inia poster by sayori...yeah...that...wouldn't be able to explain that one.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 09:30   Link #797
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedomer View Post
Being Yuzukafan is suffering...
They'd be banging on about how that is unchristian-like and... Oh wel.

I think it's time I invest on a safebox. Chuck everything in.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 04:03   Link #798
wavehawk
Nyo Ho Ho Away We Go~~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
They'd be banging on about how that is unchristian-like and...
- Yeah, let's just leave it at "Banging". OK?

My dad used to hate my old G.I.Joe collection and burned them when I was younger. Fast-forward to 1998 when an American buyer was going to pay us top dollar for my apparently rare first-edition collection of Joe figures. (He offered me US$800 for my 1st Edition complete Snake Eyes).

My dad had a derp face when he heard that.

He still criticizes my hobby, but he's not telling me to get rid of any of it anymore...well granted, I now live in another country, so...
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 04:33   Link #799
calubin_175
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Sad to say, but the World Guidance book was mainly a rehash of Integral Works in terms of the non-Total Eclipse related events and technical details. Other than that, some of the TE events were text heavy and did not have deployment numbers, some of which were directly from LD7. Geographically it wasn't too bad. The elaboration of each team would already have been better put in the Cross Operation compilations.

The only new thing was the updated TSF development chart, which includes some of the American X numbers and the Silent Eagle.

I'll try to read it again for any intricate detail when I have time.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 07:29   Link #800
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Yeah, let's just leave it at "Banging". OK?

My dad used to hate my old G.I.Joe collection and burned them when I was younger. Fast-forward to 1998 when an American buyer was going to pay us top dollar for my apparently rare first-edition collection of Joe figures. (He offered me US$800 for my 1st Edition complete Snake Eyes).

My dad had a derp face when he heard that.

He still criticizes my hobby, but he's not telling me to get rid of any of it anymore...well granted, I now live in another country, so...
Ouch. Did you sell it off?

On a more related topic. I hope I win that White Typhoon Revoltech off YJA. And that CD-ROM.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.