AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-23, 19:05   Link #1221
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Book covers, cards, daki cover, cloth, bed cover. tapestry, clear folder.
Whoever's smart idea are those to release such stuff and yet no fig?
âge hates money: we haven't gotten a Latrova fig either. Not even a resin kit, at the very freaking least.
__________________
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:33   Link #1222
June93
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
âge hates money: we haven't gotten a Latrova fig either. Not even a resin kit, at the very freaking least.
That's because age wants to feel the same suffering that they inflict upon their own characters. I mean I know Kouki wakes up every morning and before anything else stares at a sheet of paper showing the potential profits of the previous day. He then stays in the fetal position in the back of his car for 20 mins before breakfast. Age needs to whore itself out more, match the image they've projected with their ads.
June93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:58   Link #1223
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
I think you guys miss the point. Kouki is trying to avoid the direction most commercialized series takes, which results in a much lower grade of product as the producers generate mediocre goods to appease the demands of the market and earn money. This usually means whoring out the franchise, and we can see how that is going for Gundam.

If you look at how the products have been released so far, you would would know just how long one has to wait for age to release the rights or move to allow for figures to be marketed. We had to wait for 8 years before the first model kit of TSFs to be released, and the first Meiya GSC 1/8 figure was the only Muv luv figure for 6 years, before the figma and Volks MOE series was released. Age seems to work by testing the market for a couple of years first, before moving to release the designs of characters for sculpting, instead of saturating the market with every single character with low grade products. The only mistake they made in my opinion is how they allowed the release of the softcore TE figures, before the audience knew what MLA was about, making ppl think for a while that MLA is about H.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 09:58   Link #1224
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I think you guys miss the point. Kouki is trying to avoid the direction most commercialized series takes, which results in a much lower grade of product as the producers generate mediocre goods to appease the demands of the market and earn money. This usually means whoring out the franchise, and we can see how that is going for Gundam.

If you look at how the products have been released so far, you would would know just how long one has to wait for age to release the rights or move to allow for figures to be marketed. We had to wait for 8 years before the first model kit of TSFs to be released, and the first Meiya GSC 1/8 figure was the only Muv luv figure for 6 years, before the figma and Volks MOE series was released. Age seems to work by testing the market for a couple of years first, before moving to release the designs of characters for sculpting, instead of saturating the market with every single character with low grade products. The only mistake they made in my opinion is how they allowed the release of the softcore TE figures, before the audience knew what MLA was about, making ppl think for a while that MLA is about H.
I like how Muv-Luv is not commercialized much though. Too many fans spoil the whole fanbase, even if it already sucks.
I do look forward to more Mabu-ravu stuff apart from Total Eclipse and the main trilogy though.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 14:21   Link #1225
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Oh, I completely agree with you, gab. I too am very glad Muv Luv isn't mainstream like other mecha series. However, all I'm saying is, well, a limited edition Latrova figure or resin kit would really be just...Godly.

I mean, outside the fandom and maybe the very hardcore figure collectors, who else will be interested in such merch? I mean, I can see the mecha kits/figures going somewhat mainstream, but the rest of the franchise? Very unlikely.

Which also makes me somewhat glad Total Eclipse wasn't a hit. Imagine just how bad the fanbase wars between "original trilogy fags" and "TEfags" would be right now. They already are bad enough.
__________________
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 15:14   Link #1226
gbatemper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
Oh, I completely agree with you, gab. I too am very glad Muv Luv isn't mainstream like other mecha series. However, all I'm saying is, well, a limited edition Latrova figure or resin kit would really be just...Godly.

I mean, outside the fandom and maybe the very hardcore figure collectors, who else will be interested in such merch? I mean, I can see the mecha kits/figures going somewhat mainstream, but the rest of the franchise? Very unlikely.

Which also makes me somewhat glad Total Eclipse wasn't a hit. Imagine just how bad the fanbase wars between "original trilogy fags" and "TEfags" would be right now. They already are bad enough.
I don't get it.. if muv-luv went mainstream, it's much more likely the trilogy would be animated.
Who gives a fuck about whether what I like is not mainstream or not, you either like it or not. Who gives a fuck about the fan base and their petty fanbase wars. Just enjoy the content on your own or with friends.

Who else would be interested in such merchandise? WHO else then the fandom would be interested in the merchandise? If I have never seen something, why would I buy merchandise for it. Makes absolutely no sense. The whole point is, if it went mainstream, their would be a sufficient amount of fans to make it worth producing more merchandise.
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 15:46   Link #1227
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbatemper View Post
I don't get it.. if muv-luv went mainstream, it's much more likely the trilogy would be animated.
The trilogy will never get animated though, whether it gets mainstream or not.

Too hard to do, too much of a gamble, and then there's the risk of Kouki wasting the budget on cars instead. And maybe expensive geishas too.
__________________
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 19:09   Link #1228
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
The trilogy will never get animated though, whether it gets mainstream or not.

Too hard to do, too much of a gamble, and then there's the risk of Kouki wasting the budget on cars instead. And maybe expensive geishas too.
Expensive cars, eh. I wonder what does he have now.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 19:16   Link #1229
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Expensive cars, eh. I wonder what does he have now.
I'm willing to be they're Italian. Maybe a Murcielago.

And he most likely wears a black fortified suit with a latex cape too.

Maybe that's why âge's so poor right now: Kouki is the hero Japan needs, but not the one it deserves.
__________________
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 19:25   Link #1230
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
I'm willing to be they're Italian. Maybe a Murcielago.

And he most likely wears a black fortified suit with a latex cape too.

Maybe that's why âge's so poor right now: Kouki is the hero Japan needs, but not the one it deserves.
Zonda all the way. Now if only he'd hear my wishes. ;_;
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 21:25   Link #1231
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
I was actually addressing the point that other shows have a large number of character figures due to the fact that the show was designed to pimp the characters and merchandise them. In other words the story was written for the sale, not because the writer had an interest in the character. Even the recent trending of converting LNs into anime and merchandise can be seen as an recognition of this issue, but then there is also the fact that there are many LNs which is written in the same commercialized tone, to pander to the current trend.

Essentially commercialization kills innovation. Kouki is trying to avoid that.

The second point I would like to bring up is that figures are sculpted by fans as well, and those which are turned into PVC are the figures that commercial companies feel would sell. The source companies do not have a say in what the companies sell, unless they have a department of their own to produce such things, or were contracted by the figure company to create a series based off figures. So there are actually sculpted figures by fans on the market during the figure events in Japan, but due to the fact that those are hand made in the cottage industry, there are very few numbers of them for sale, less than 10 at a time. FYI there are Mother Russia and Yuzuka figures out there, and at least one that looks pretty good.

So blaming Age, Ixtl or Kouki for the lack of figures is like blaming a farmer for lack of cake. The farmer just sells the eggs and milk, whether it turns into cake is someone elses problem.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 22:14   Link #1232
June93
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
B-but they made TE and that was horrible! Was it perhaps the effects of commercialization?
June93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 23:06   Link #1233
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sleeping in Yokohama base, Section 9.
Commercialization in the whoring sense, not commercialization in the expansion sense.

Also, it was not funded by a large corporation that is more concerned with the profit margin over anything else.

How many creators would take the time to have weekly Q&A and discussion sessions about his creation? How many would have the passion? Ixtl and Kouki is actually one of the few who actually reaches out to the fans following the series (Japan only though) rather than looking at the trending matrices. He literally grows his product, instead of just moving on to the next thing that most people want to see.

TE was the first foot placed on the beach to expand into the animation market, after the LN and manga managed to expand its visibility. That first step might be covered in mud, but the next might find a firm foothold to stand on.
__________________


When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 06:30   Link #1234
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Aaaand they're out.

Inia:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...=FIGURE-000017

Cryska:
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...=FIGURE-000016
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 06:53   Link #1235
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Inia nendo [Checked]
Inia scale [Pending]
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 07:18   Link #1236
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
So blaming Age, Ixtl or Kouki for the lack of figures is like blaming a farmer for lack of cake.
- That may be, but I work in the energy industry,. You won't believe how many people call up wanting to sue us because they broke a nail while switching on a power switch. I wouldn't put it against idiots to think of off-the-wall reasons to criticize and demand things.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 07:57   Link #1237
issuzark
Resident yoyoer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Post-apocalyptic Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
TE was the first foot placed on the beach to expand into the animation market, after the LN and manga managed to expand its visibility. That first step might be covered in mud, but the next might find a firm foothold to stand on.
You forgot about Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.
__________________

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 15:15   Link #1238
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by June93 View Post
B-but they made TE and that was horrible! Was it perhaps the effects of commercialization?
Nope, it was the effects of a completely incompetent director.
__________________
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 15:13   Link #1239
gbatemper
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Amiami shipped Muv-luv Alternative Chronicles 04. Cannot wait for the joy of despair.
gbatemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 23:29   Link #1240
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Does anyone know if third-party resin mods/upgrades exist for the 1/144 or nonscale Koto kits line?
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.