AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-03, 00:49   Link #1301
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Huh. Keep saying that.

You see, my best MLA "fiction" was designing Bureau mages inspired by the various TSFs and giving them personalities often ascribed to by the fighters they represent.

But that is just crazy, so...

*strait-jackets Miner and hauls him back to ISOC Asylum*

...back to where we belong. :3
No idea!
But that idea seems fine! Somewhat similar to Sekirei, though.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:17   Link #1302
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Because GAU-8 Avenger cannons just don't fit onto other TSFs. They're too heavy, and take up too much space. Plus, with lighters TSFs, the recoil alone would screw with their movement and balancing.
- We could put in a joke scenario about this---Some wit decides to make a gunpod version of the GAU-8 for TSF F-16s to carry. The recoil is such that it throws them backward when firing.

The Weapons designers then claim: "It's not a bug. It's an automatic retreat function built into the gun."

And no, writing got sidetracked again with friends going gaga over Ace Combat Infinity. Now I'm thinking of doing something (in the words of Herc Hansen) REALLY stupid...

...like dropping throwaway lines referring to Leon Kuze as Mobius One. Or the should-have-been-obvious "Wardog" joke. And maybe TDA Takeru as the Demon Lord...No, stop, don't write that...
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-08-04 at 01:31.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:32   Link #1303
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- We could put in a joke scenario about this---Some wit decides to make a gunpod version of the GAU-8 for TSF F-16s to carry. The recoil is such that it throws them backward when firing.

The Weapons designers then claim: "It's not a bug. It's an automatic retreat function built into the gun."
Also, the recoil is so strong the hardpoint nearly breaks, asnd the rounds go all over the place. The designer then claims: "It's not a flaw. It's meant to do that so that you can cover a wide area."
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:34   Link #1304
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Also, the recoil is so strong the hardpoint nearly breaks, asnd the rounds go all over the place. The designer then claims: "It's not a flaw. It's meant to do that so that you can cover a wide area."
- In fact, it's so effective, we're producing an even further cut-down version, but with the same amoutn of recoil, for the F-35, to completely replace the A-10!

...wait, stop. It's starting to sound too much like real life now...
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 01:45   Link #1305
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Well, Muv-Luv itself is Lunatic, so don't affraid to write down your crazy idea! After all, we all need a little laught after being chased by Cannibal Alien!
Anyway, does anyone know where the rest of non-militant Russian live?
Also, wonder would they write Alien-Friendly Movies like E.T?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 04:54   Link #1306
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- In fact, it's so effective, we're producing an even further cut-down version, but with the same amoutn of recoil, for the F-35, to completely replace the A-10!

...wait, stop. It's starting to sound too much like real life now...
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, Muv-Luv itself is Lunatic, so don't affraid to write down your crazy idea! After all, we all need a little laught after being chased by Cannibal Alien!
The sad thing is that everything Wavehawk and I have written is heavily inspired by real life; the USAF tried to make a gunpod cut down version of the GAU-8, which ended up causing the F-16s carrying it to experience near-stall conditions, and the recoil was so strong it lost zero and became wildly inaccurate.

You'll get a bit more amusement out of Muv-Luv if you go and read up on fighters.

Quote:
Anyway, does anyone know where the rest of non-militant Russian live?
Also, wonder would they write Alien-Friendly Movies like E.T?
Russian civilians are living in Alaska, I assume, at refugee camps. Also, alien friendly movies are highly unlikely.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 05:02   Link #1307
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
>Ace Combat Infinity

>Not an Ace Combat 3 reboot

>Not interested.

Also, Marimo would make a better Demon Lord. And everyone knows that Ikaruga is Mobius. Or Grabarc.

And hey, you never know when you might need the dakka...I remember that they actually managed to get that gunpod to work in Strikers 89 (though they needed a bigger fighter), and almost managed to fry the Soviet's Witch superscience shield with it.

Although if anyone would be using Avenger gunpods in Comet, it would be Barchenow...and you do not want Barchenow have more dakka. He makes his sisters look like chumps when it comes to anti-TSF. Except Inia maybe, but Goose knows why's that.

Russian civilians are implied to live in horrible conditions in the Alaska, with an occasional uprising or two.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 05:31   Link #1308
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
>Ace Combat Infinity

>Not an Ace Combat 3 reboot

>Not interested.

Also, Marimo would make a better Demon Lord. And everyone knows that Ikaruga is Mobius. Or Grabarc.

And hey, you never know when you might need the dakka...I remember that they actually managed to get that gunpod to work in Strikers 89 (though they needed a bigger fighter), and almost managed to fry the Soviet's Witch superscience shield with it.

Although if anyone would be using Avenger gunpods in Comet, it would be Barchenow...and you do not want Barchenow have more dakka. He makes his sisters look like chumps when it comes to anti-TSF. Except Inia maybe, but Goose knows why's that.

Russian civilians are implied to live in horrible conditions in the Alaska, with an occasional uprising or two.
I see. BTW, how's the status on Comet?
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 05:46   Link #1309
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
And everyone knows that Ikaruga is Mobius. Or Grabarc.
- Grabarc. DEFINITELY Grabarc.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 05:56   Link #1310
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
@MrTerrorist

It has been delayed.

@Wavehawk

Would that make Makabe the elder Ofnir then?
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 06:32   Link #1311
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
@MrTerrorist

It has been delayed.

@Wavehawk

Would that make Makabe the elder Ofnir then?
Nope! Makabe is the reincarnation of Lelouch vi Britannia, just like Ikaruga is the reincarnation of Schneizel el Britannia!

Anyway, what is the odd of one Shiranui Second wipe out a Fort-Class with just one PB-Blade?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 07:23   Link #1312
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
No. No, no, no.

Ikaruga actually knows what he's doing. Schneizel...he might have been a "good" strategist, but only because Code Geass tactics are outdated by about 200 years.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 09:07   Link #1313
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
No. No, no, no.

Ikaruga actually knows what he's doing. Schneizel...he might have been a "good" strategist, but only because Code Geass tactics are outdated by about 200 years.
Well, that is the reason why you don't let human get anything easy! But both Ikaruga and Schneizel are masters of human puppet.
Also, recently seeing a picture of Marimo point a gun at Takeru. Is it true that the man behind the desk is Makabe's brother, or it is just Ikaruga.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 09:54   Link #1314
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
...if Makabe is Ofnir, then Ikaruga is Grabacr. Mind you, Ofnir did have the coolest death line:

"WE SHALL BE BLESSED WITH GLORY AS WE CROSS THE GATES OF HELL!"
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 10:01   Link #1315
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...if Makabe is Ofnir, then Ikaruga is Grabacr. Mind you, Ofnir did have the coolest death line:

"WE SHALL BE BLESSED WITH GLORY AS WE CROSS THE GATES OF HELL!"
And that leads to another question: "Why glory usually reserved to the death?"
Âge's logic: "Absolutely true! In order to have a famed series, we need memorable, gloryfied characters. And the easiest way to do that is KILL THEM ALL!"
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 12:09   Link #1316
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
And that leads to another question: "Why glory usually reserved to the death?"
Âge's logic: "Absolutely true! In order to have a famed series, we need memorable, gloryfied characters. And the easiest way to do that is KILL THEM ALL!"
... you have never played Ace Combat 5, have you?

The final enemy aces scream that as you dogfight and kill them in the last mission.

Welp, that's the hard way. Easy way: XMAA and afterburner, do a head-to-head pass. Your combined closure speed means that the XMAAs will kill all enemies in one pass before they can go defensive.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 14:21   Link #1317
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
Marimo's not pointing her gun at Takeru, but elder Makabe, who's Ikaruga's right-hand man.

@Goose

Belkans always got the best death lines. Still not as cool as Larry "Solo Wing Pixy" though.
Dat missile jousting to the tune of Spanish music.

Although, the guy who lead AWWNB (Gault leader), was pretty badass. Kinda like Sandek, but without the crazy.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 19:06   Link #1318
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Just a parody!
"... The city of Yokohama is in chaos. Unknow and hostile creature appear and starting to wreck havock. These ugly monsters came with all type: from weird eyeball, to crap with humanoid head... They destroy anything on their path. Lucky, there are people with the power to stop them.
A men in black suit with a fedora on head stepping in front of the monsters's march, follow by a bunch of teenager. Like there is a mysterious force, the unknown immidiately stopped amd growled. The man said:
"As I see it, you guys have two choices: Return to where you belong, or Face Judgement!" He was answered by a see of roared. "The hard way then. Guys! It time to stand the trial!"
"Hai!" All of them pull out a phone and pressed "5-5-5". Then, their body was covered in a mysterious aura. As it die down, we could see figures in whole-body clothes. Their design is the same, just different with the color:
"EishiRed"
"EishiBlue"
"EishiYellow"
"EishiGreen"
"EishiPink"
"EishiPurple"
"EishiBlack"
"EishiWhite"
"EishiSilver"
"Now, count up your sin!" EishiRed said. "EISHIGER!!!"
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 01:23   Link #1319
Chibiloli
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Am I the only one here who still pairs Yui and Yuuya even though they're half-Siblings? I mean come on, it's just those two, maybe with support from the others as well, I'm sure their friends understand right?
__________________
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 02:02   Link #1320
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Doing Anzu's paperwork.
Age: 28
I pair them together anyway. So does AMT. Sasahara17, so fair, has paired Yuuya with Valkyrie.
__________________
~Speaking my mind, even when it costs me~
One must forgive one's enemies, but not before they are hanged.Heinrich Heine.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.