AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-23, 04:33   Link #1401
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
I watched Les Miserables yesterday and now I have some ideas for a forth chapter for my Izumi fanfiction.
...Please don't tell me you're turning it into a musical.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 08:52   Link #1402
Chibiloli
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Well, I just found a way for Yui and Yuua to say "I love you" to each other, I figured I reveal to both of them that they are siblings to each other, and Yui tells Yuuya she loves him and he replies he loves her too.
__________________
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 14:03   Link #1403
Hagoshod
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...Please don't tell me you're turning it into a musical.
Well you know how Izumi thinks back to Papa Bear Protective Father Figure Training Captain Guy-kun when she comes up with her own strategy?

And you know how the last thing Papa Bear Protective Father Figure Training Captain Guy-kun says before he sacrifices himself in the anime is "I hope you'll [referring to Yui, Rival-chan, and Izumi] be real pilots the next time we meet?"

My main idea bounces off of that scene so Izumi winds up in limbo and Dead Papa Bear Protective Father Figure Training Captain Guy-kun is all proud of her for fulfilling his wish. Then the other dead training academy girls and Dead Boyfriend-kun show up and they have some heartfelt schmaltzy dialogue together. And then I guess they all climb up on the big old wall of deep fried BETA corpses Izumi created with the sHiraNui and they start singing covers of J-Pop songs for no particular reason.


and now that I think about it isn't that pretty much how the Total Eclipse VN canonically ends? With the magical Shiranui-kitbash forcefields and singing dead people and whatnot? Art imitates life imitates art imitates horrible fanfiction.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 07:45   Link #1404
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
...must not listen to Pacific Rim Soundtrack while trying to write Muv-Luv fanfics. Wrong ideas come out. Very wrong ones.

Quote:
"Look, Shirogane, I know you're still a bit upset about that...that whole massed G-bomb thing. I can see why you're really cracking the shits about it, though." The mech mimicked his movements, causing the humanoid machine to shrug. "Decisions were made, I and the other civilian consultants thought interstellar travel was the best option. No sense crying over spilt milk now."

There was an awkward silence. Tony thought the Takemikazuchi 00C in front was giving him the stare of death.

Okay, I made him angry. Might be the best time to apologize. "Ooops?"

The answer was a metalshod punch to the face.

Although Japanese TSFs looked spindly compared to his own machine, the punch sent Tony's mecha reeling backward. In the back of his mind, he figured there was no way he could resolve this peacefully. Addendum to that, he could already imagine Walken screaming at him for being a civilian testing tech without US government approval.

And making a mess of the Seattle seaboard. There was a loud crunch as Tony's mech planted a step backward. Oboy. That was Pier 86. I guess they won't be serving their clam chowder again anytime soon.

Another punch. This time Tony stepped on the Bell St Deli.

"Dammit, Shirogane! Remember I told you, this thing is a test unit. It's not meant for actual combat."

"You think this is a game?!?" The 00C hadn't drawn its guns or swords out yet. Japanese and American onlookers in the distance were watching; the collateral damage would be catastrophic. "More than half the world is underwater. The remaining half is either wasteland or dead salt plain. The BETA are still out there!"

The 00C shoved him back some more.

"And THIS is your answer?!? A big shiny red TSF with your company's brand logo all over it?!" Shirogane was audibly disturbed. "I don't see how one TSF can change the world for the better, especially not one of yours!"

Okay, now he's making ME angry. "The Mark-3 is better than anything the idiots at Boeing can ever build. It's NOT a TSF." Tony took a deep breath. "The Mark-3 represents the future."

The 00C kicked the Mark-3's midsection, sending the red machine onto the ground.

"This is what your future looks like, Mister Stark." The angered, hoarse voice could be heard despite the translator's efforts. "You're just a grown man playing with a toy. Do you have anything left to say?!"

"Yeah." Tony's red machine raised one hand that glowed. "Smile for the birdie."

The repulsor blast sent the Takemikazuchi over-and-under to the gasps of the crowd. It then landed facedown on the Alaskan Way asphalt. Butt-up, face down. A very bad impression of Japanese TSFs, one that the Royal Guard would never live down.

Okay, now I made him REALLY angry. A few crackles and Tony's HUD read malfunctions in the Mark-3's weapons systems. All of a sudden, he realized that maybe--just MAYBE using the Repulsor was a bit premature. ...this is gonna hurt.

"I'm going to kill you for that, Mister Stark." The 00C drew its swords.

Yikes.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 08:27   Link #1405
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Oh dear! Where is Captain America when U.S need him to protect its pride?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 13:14   Link #1406
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
To be fair, bratty savior needs a slap to break his whiny illusion.

Also, don't -bleep- Tony Stark!
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 19:46   Link #1407
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Oh dear! Where is Captain America when U.S need him to protect its pride?
- Walken is Captain America.

...oh god. I'm now seeing a red-white-and-blue Raptor with a shield. What next, a Eurofighter with a red cape and a giant hammer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist
To be fair, bratty savior needs a slap to break his whiny illusion.

Also, don't -bleep- Tony Stark!
- This was totally random. I was tryign to write up my other ML:A fanfic, but while listening to music the Pacific Rim soundtrack came up...and then...this happened.

...and I forgot to clarify what and "over and under" fall looks like:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UVvmVERutF...s320/fall1.jpg
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 05:01   Link #1408
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
TSF+ Pulse Detonation engines
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 06:02   Link #1409
Chibiloli
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Say, how's Comet coming along? I've yet to read it(mostly because I don't like the idea of Yui and Yuuya not being related)
__________________
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 10:39   Link #1410
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Say, how's Comet coming along? I've yet to read it(mostly because I don't like the idea of Yui and Yuuya not being related)
According to ABT :"It has been delayed."

You should read Comet. It's good.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 13:11   Link #1411
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
@Wave

Who needs Captain America when you have Senator Armstrong?

As for Comet and Yuimoto issue, I'd like to point out that for much of TE, their parentage is not brought up until it's used as poorly devised plot device to break-up one relationship because Kouki was feeling like a dick. That's my main problem with them being siblings, it's just a literary cheap as fuck shot. That said, at this point in Comet, Yuuya and Yui have yet to actually meet each other.

As for the latest chapter...well, it's around 78% done, but I can't make any promises on when it's clear to release.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 20:01   Link #1412
Chibiloli
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Well, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, even if it is sour.
__________________
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 08:25   Link #1413
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: World Marshall bureau
No.

You make a lemon-fueled flamethrower.

And then set the life on fire.
__________________
Let the world fear us all.
It's just means to an end.
Our salvation lies in the Father's sins.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 12:12   Link #1414
wellis
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
"Look, Shirogane, I know you're still a bit upset about that...that whole massed G-bomb thing. I can see why you're really cracking the shits about it, though." The mech mimicked his movements, causing the humanoid machine to shrug. "Decisions were made, I and the other civilian consultants thought interstellar travel was the best option. No sense crying over spilt milk now."

There was an awkward silence. Tony thought the Takemikazuchi 00C in front was giving him the stare of death.

Okay, I made him angry. Might be the best time to apologize. "Ooops?"

The answer was a metalshod punch to the face.

Although Japanese TSFs looked spindly compared to his own machine, the punch sent Tony's mecha reeling backward. In the back of his mind, he figured there was no way he could resolve this peacefully. Addendum to that, he could already imagine Walken screaming at him for being a civilian testing tech without US government approval.

And making a mess of the Seattle seaboard. There was a loud crunch as Tony's mech planted a step backward. Oboy. That was Pier 86. I guess they won't be serving their clam chowder again anytime soon.

Another punch. This time Tony stepped on the Bell St Deli.

"Dammit, Shirogane! Remember I told you, this thing is a test unit. It's not meant for actual combat."

"You think this is a game?!?" The 00C hadn't drawn its guns or swords out yet. Japanese and American onlookers in the distance were watching; the collateral damage would be catastrophic. "More than half the world is underwater. The remaining half is either wasteland or dead salt plain. The BETA are still out there!"

The 00C shoved him back some more.

"And THIS is your answer?!? A big shiny red TSF with your company's brand logo all over it?!" Shirogane was audibly disturbed. "I don't see how one TSF can change the world for the better, especially not one of yours!"

Okay, now he's making ME angry. "The Mark-3 is better than anything the idiots at Boeing can ever build. It's NOT a TSF." Tony took a deep breath. "The Mark-3 represents the future."

The 00C kicked the Mark-3's midsection, sending the red machine onto the ground.

"This is what your future looks like, Mister Stark." The angered, hoarse voice could be heard despite the translator's efforts. "You're just a grown man playing with a toy. Do you have anything left to say?!"

"Yeah." Tony's red machine raised one hand that glowed. "Smile for the birdie."

The repulsor blast sent the Takemikazuchi over-and-under to the gasps of the crowd. It then landed facedown on the Alaskan Way asphalt. Butt-up, face down. A very bad impression of Japanese TSFs, one that the Royal Guard would never live down.

Okay, now I made him REALLY angry. A few crackles and Tony's HUD read malfunctions in the Mark-3's weapons systems. All of a sudden, he realized that maybe--just MAYBE using the Repulsor was a bit premature. ...this is gonna hurt.

"I'm going to kill you for that, Mister Stark." The 00C drew its swords.

Yikes.
So Wavehawk, what are the differences with Stark's TSF, or whatever he calls it, compared to other TSFs being produced?

And frankly he's a dick with his nonchalance about the G-Bombs wiping out Japan.
wellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:25   Link #1415
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
First off, I wrote that bit as a random one-shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth
Who needs Captain America when you have Senator Armstrong?
- Tempting, tempting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellis View Post
So Wavehawk, what are the differences with Stark's TSF, or whatever he calls it, compared to other TSFs being produced?
- It's red?

Seriously. It's Tony Stark. TONY F#$%ING STARK. Red machine. Repulsor bolts in hands. Possibly other things that would be impractical in a mass-produced TSF but makes sense in a one-off very expensive shiny red piece of armor meant to punch out Fort-classes into orbit.

Imagine if you made an Iron Man suit of armor that a TSF could wear. Ideas?

Quote:
And frankly he's a dick with his nonchalance about the G-Bombs wiping out Japan.
- A bit of thought:
1.) He's not talking about the G-Bombs that wiped out Japan (Alternative), he's talking about the G-Bombs that wiped out the whole world (Unlimited). ("Slight semantic difference.")

2.) This Tony Stark didn't go through the experience his other incarnations have (EG being captured by terrorists and forcd to create the first Iron Man suit to save his life), so yes. He's a far bigger (and amusing) jerk than his other incarnations. ("You forgot to add 'lovable' before the 'jerk'.")

3.) In almost all incarnations, Tony Stark is a futurist. Meaning he's looking forward. Meaning his idea for the future of Humankind is a humanity that leaves Earth for good and settles on other planets. ("Hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time...")

4.) I didn't really think the story through, but basically it would be kind of like Muv-Luv X Avengers, but with the Avengers being 'created' from the circumstances of "The Day". So you could probably see a Hulk that was the result of a BETA experiment, and as I said Walken would have been a Captain America equivalent. ("...does it have to come in Blue?")

"We were all supposed to save the world. We failed. All we can do now is avenge it."

...if I decided to actually run with this story, that is.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-08-31 at 20:44.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:05   Link #1416
Mangathell
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
No.

You make a lemon-fueled flamethrower.

And then set the life on fire.
Well if you do get your hands on those lemons, here's a how to vid

http://specialized-weapons.wonderhow...ethrower-2107/
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:08   Link #1417
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Making a separate post because that got me to thinking...That actually might work as a group-written fic, a Muv-Luv X Avengers one. Basically, it would be like Marvel's What If or DC's Elseworlds storylines. The characters/concepts involved would be the Muv-Luv Unlimited universe's equivalent of Avengers characters (EG no dimension-crossing), so they're from this world, not transplanted. They'd also have a different attitude and approach to things.
  • You'd have Tony Stark as above. Wealthy genius owner of Stark Industries (a much smaller company in the ML:U Universe), trying to develop a machine superior to a TSF and hopefulyl turn the tide against the BETA.
  • Walken may take the place of Captain America as he has (so far) a roughly similar place: Someone who believes in the ideals of America while also stymied by the reality of its people and government.
  • An unknown surviving German Eurofighter pilot carrying a Fort-Slayer sword, who's gone rogue and insane after The Day and thinking he (or she ) is actually the Norse God of Thunder.
  • A strange hulking BETA-like creature was seen in the Salt Fields being the living crap out of anything (BETA or Human) it finds
  • Two to three other characters based on Marvel Avengers. The top four (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk) are given 'standard' Avengers characters, other members depend on the incarnation. I'm just not sure how to make other characters fit given this is the ML:U universe.
  • Rounding out the group is a secret backer, a one-eyed tough-as-nails General and head of USSOCOM.
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 22:05   Link #1418
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Well, what about Black Widow and HawkEye?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 22:12   Link #1419
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Russian TSF pilot. American Sniper TSF pilot. Do-able but...expected. People familiar only with Movie Avengers expect this, but there's a whole lot more characters you can put on that list that can fit, and can have a story that both fits ML:U and still be more interesting than "generic but skilled TSF pilot".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Avengers_members
__________________
"This is the worst webpage ever. Of all time."
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 23:44   Link #1420
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Rewatching Gasaraki for old time's sake, and...a light bulb turned in my head.

I have an idea, although I'm not sure it'd work. Basically, blend the TA tech, history and origin, and pretty much replace TSFs with TAs. That includes adding all the Kai shenanigans as well.

And looking forward to your Avengers/ML fic, wavehawk. Sounds neat so far.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fanfiction, harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.