AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

Old 2013-10-31, 09:53   Link #1741
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Early UC. The Earth got burned because of BETA, and MS is Zeon's answer to it. Both as a tool to kill monster, and conquer their earthling kins.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 10:23   Link #1742
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
Alastor, what era of UC would it be best to set it in?

Early UC? The Era of Warring Factions in Late UC? Beyond?

Spoiler for inb4 not cnaon:
Hmmm, I dunno actually.

Originally, I thought of it as a joke idea, with Muv-Luv Earth fighting as normal, while Americans are still isolated....when suddenly, they unleash the Gundam technology upon the world. Cue much curbstomping, and all the states being absorbed into U.S-Brazil alliance called "Earth Federation"... because honestly, AMERICA is very much EF. They're kind of dicks, and they always win.

Besides that? I just thought of Sandek going all Norris Packard on Infinities, and a Unicorn/Total Eclipse crossover.

But like I said, it was all "spur-of-the-moment" ideas.

For a serious U.C Gundam/Muv-Luv crossover, I'd start with Early U.C, and probably heavily alter the setting while at it.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 11:14   Link #1743
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
This sounds good. What are the XCOM TSFs like?

And XCOM won't give a damn to the IRG. Their priority is canceling the apocalypse and preventing the extinction of humanity. They don't have time to look for the approval of egotistical nationalistic arrogant jerks.

Some of the points in this can be applied to Muv Luv.

http://ontologicalgeek.com/good-luck-commander-xcom-and-pacific-rim/?fb_action_ids=10152463471249657&fb_action_types=o g.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_ma p={%2210152463471249657%22%3A166571576861896}&acti on_type_map={%2210152463471249657%22%3A%22og.likes %22}&action_ref_map=[]

The difference here is that there is no united front. Every country and/or ideology is pretty much doing its own thing and actively undermining all the others in the process, and the U.N. was just another power bloc, not the collective will of humanity that it needed to be to win.
In Enemy Unknown, the better weapons being researched look alien like so there are two types of TSF XCOM uses, futuristic TSF armed with Laser weapons and alien looking hybrid TSF armed with Plasma. Also they use SHIVs in many roles like Fire support, long range sniping and bombardment, supply, etc.

Since some of their pilots are either veterans, cybrogs, psionics or genetically engineered, every pilot is a soldier ready to continue to fight even when their TSF is down, leaving a lot of dead aliens. Plasma is not only strong to break BETA armor but is toxic to them as well. Psionics can break the mind link a BETA has to a Hivemind which cause them to go berserk and attack anything or mind control them as their temporary ally. (Imagine a squad riding a mind controlled Fortress BETA while it ramming it's smaller brethren while the squad takes shots.)

EXALT will also appears as XCOM's evil counterpart since unlike XCOM who aims to protect humanity, EXALT wants to rule humanity. EXALT doesn't like anyone who is a threat to their plans including nationalists, the RFL, Allegiances, the Cult of Sirius, the Alternative projects and XCOM. Some EXALT agents are very deep undercover agents and can infiltrate any organization and fooling their enemies and allies (eg. An EXALT agent going undercover as a member of Allegiance, who infiltrates the RLF as one of them and goes undercover as an UN pilot.)

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2013-11-01 at 09:21.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 08:55   Link #1744
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Hmmm, I dunno actually.

Originally, I thought of it as a joke idea, with Muv-Luv Earth fighting as normal, while Americans are still isolated....when suddenly, they unleash the Gundam technology upon the world. Cue much curbstomping, and all the states being absorbed into U.S-Brazil alliance called "Earth Federation"... because honestly, AMERICA is very much EF. They're kind of dicks, and they always win.

Besides that? I just thought of Sandek going all Norris Packard on Infinities, and a Unicorn/Total Eclipse crossover.
Whats the Unicorn crossover like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
In Enemy Unknown, the better weapons being researched look alien like so there are two types of TSF XCOM uses, futuristic TSF armed with Laser weapons and alien looking hybrid TSF armed with Plasma. Also they use SHIVs in many roles like Fire support, long range sniping and bombardment, supply, etc.

Since some of their pilots are either veterans, cybrogs, psionics or genetically engineered, every pilot is a soldier ready to continue to fight even when their TSF is down, leaving a lot of dead aliens. Plasma is not only strong to break BETA armor but is toxic to them as well. Psionics can break the mind link a BETA has to a Hivemind which cause them to go berserk and attack anything or mind control them as their temporary ally. (Imagine a squad riding a mind controlled Fortress BETA while it ramming it's smaller brethren while the squad takes shots.)

EXALT will also appears as XCOM's evil counterpart since unlike XCOM who aims to protect humanity, EXALT wants to rule humanity. EXALT doesn't anyone who is a threat to their plans including nationalists, the RFL, Allegiances, the Cult of Sirius, the Alternative projects and XCOM. Some EXALT agents are very deep undercover agents and can infiltrate any organization and fooling their enemies and allies (eg. An EXALT agent going undercover as a member of Allegiance, who infiltrates the RLF as one of them and goes undercover as an UN pilot.)
Does that undercover UN pilot happen to be anyone we know?

I got a quote from Crysis 2 that I think XCOM would use against jerks like the IRG.

"You think we'll defeat them with ordinary human soldiers? This isn't a war ordinary humans can win! This is the future - death's an inconvenience now, nothing more. We are all dead men walking!"
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 10:11   Link #1745
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I haven't really been thinking about it.

Basically, I thought about Gundam Unicorn with Total Eclipse cast.

Yuuya as Cyber-Newtype clone of Ikaruga.

Leon as that gay psycho guy.

Sandek as Commander Awesome.

Yui as either Marida or Loni.

Etc.
Old 2013-11-01, 10:14   Link #1746
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So who will pilot the F-0 Unicorn?
Old 2013-11-01, 10:16   Link #1747
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

But of course, it has to be Hibiki.
Old 2013-11-01, 10:28   Link #1748
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yah, good choice! And Alternative cast? I could seen Shiro as White Devil.
Old 2013-11-04, 20:15   Link #1749
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:

Yuuya as Cyber-Newtype clone of Ikaruga.
Why Cyber-Newtype?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth
Leon as that gay psycho guy.
Yes, I completely agree with this.

Quote:
Sandek as Commander Awesome.
Commander Snake Awesome, more like it. Badass but also quite the sneaky schemer.

Quote:
Yui as either Marida or Loni.
Why not a more conventional role, like a Chan/Beltorchika/Sayla type? The troubled Cyber-Newtype chick role fits better for Inia and/or Cryska.
Old 2013-11-06, 07:28   Link #1750
Chibiloli

Well, I'm gonna stop working on my main story for a while to focus on two spin-offs, one is a "What if" future in which after the BETA are driven off earth and the milky way with help from the IG, but Ikaruga takes over the world, kicks out the IG and becomes a Tyrant, with Yuuya, an old War Hero with some issues regarding the death of his daughter, the splitting with his wife and an alcoholic problem, being pushed into leading a rebellion by his "Daughter", the other one takes place in my OC's universe in the 50's, where a war is being waged over oil resources, of course the difference is there is powered armor, Gauss Rifles, Energy Weapons, and Germany won the second world war(Not Nazi Germany though).
Old 2013-11-06, 09:11   Link #1751
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
But of course, it has to be Hibiki.
Oh God no. Leave it to Yuuya or Takeru for that.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 09:59   Link #1752
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Chibiloli: That is just crazy!

Also, have been thinking about mine crossover with Code Geass. Lelouch was born in 1993 A.T.B (1945 A.D), so 2010 A.T.B would be 1962 A.D. Any chance for the forming of Soviet Union, People Republic of China and Warsaw Pact just in 11 years (BETA landed in 1973), presumbly the Revolution happen right after the final battle of Code Geass?
Old 2013-11-07, 19:47   Link #1753
Chibiloli

Okay, for the "What if" future where Yuuya becomes a Rebel Badass father, I could imagine this song playing while his beloved says goodbye and leaves the earth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E5vvulNS6A

I like to add music to my stories.
Old 2013-11-11, 03:29   Link #1754
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Yeeeah. This fic idea didn't end too well. Never send a GM to do a Zaku's job!

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-11-11 at 04:23.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 05:04   Link #1755
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Oh dear.

On the bright side, Comet BETA is proceeding smoothly now.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-17, 06:52   Link #1756
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Might get back to writing the rest of my Muv-Luv fic, seeign that I've just stressed through and finished that chapter of an IS fic I was writing and nobody bothered.

Of course that means resetting my brain to think in technothriller/Yukikaze/PhilipKDick mode once again. Unlike my Is fic, I'm not posting this one to FF.net until its well and truly finished, all 5 or 6 chapters of it.
Old 2013-11-18, 06:23   Link #1757
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Phantom Arc took to the air again late that afternoon, monitoring Icon-2 on a solo flight. The unmanned machine coasted across the heavens, though its pilot was herself unsure of where she stood. A cog in a machine connected to a greater organism.

Eyes looking where they're needed.

There was a beep as both TSF and UCAV passed the testing waypoint.

"Icon-2, ready." From the Pit, Wilkes gave his order. "Commence waypoint exercises."

"Pit, Icon-2 copies. Roger." And just like that, Crane let go of the control sticks. Not touching a button, not even to switch the autopilot on.

Data started curling down the screens Elle was monitoring, a cascade of minute adjustments. There was a smoothness to the passage, just as the TSF itself smoothly passed the alloted waypoints without pilot input. Burkhart wasn't sure if this was a display of Icon-2/Iori's assumed intelligence, or just the autopilot in action. There was really no difference at this stage, and until proven in an actual combat situation no one at Phantom Works would know if they had succeeded or not.

Context. A frame of reference. Two people looking at the same vague picture will see two different things. Icon-2 almost glided through the waypoints, the TSF's arms occassionally moving as if spreading them like wings. That caught Elle's atttention, the way Icon-2 almost semed to be enjoying the flight. Like a child running in the field, free from its parents.

Maybe I am crazy. Burkhart felt she was overthinking it, just as she had been overthinking the response that Jasta-44 had with regards to her attitude. Her need to belong with her inability to connect like a normal person. Sane man, crazy voice. Or crazy man, sane voice. Nobody gets sent here that doesn't already belong here.

The final waypoint tagged the end of the flight. And for the first time since she had come here, Elle heard genuine warmth in Wilkes' voice. "Mission complete, Icon."

"Roger that. RTB." Todd, not even touching the controls, signed off. Icon-2 began to rise above Phantom Arc, reaching up toward the setting sun like Icarus ascending. Burkhart did not try to catch up. In her field of vision, it wasn't the pilot that was accelerating but the TSF itself. Wanting to see more than just the desolate earth and the BETA that caused it.

Wanting to fly for flying's sake.

Context.

In this, the machine was more human than all of the Phantom Works team combined.

Phantoms. Elle started to laugh. Entities appearing in the shape of humans, but not human.

Overhead, Icon-2 soared with its arms spread.
Old 2013-11-20, 04:53   Link #1758
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Please tell what you're good at: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=123033
Old 2013-11-21, 05:29   Link #1759
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Work on Comet progresses. I am essentially Bear McReary.

As a result, AMT is in the process of arranging for genderbending and tentacles to motivate me to finish. I suspect the rituals aren't yet complete, hence why I haven't been tentacled into finishing yet.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 06:04   Link #1760
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Work on Comet progresses. I am essentially Bear McReary.
- We both are. I know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52xxa...66C1BDA0FF098E

And I suppose we should be glad we're not co-writing a fic together...\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOjCP...66C1BDA0FF098E

Tags
fanfiction, harem