AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2004-04-10, 17:35   Link #1
noor
Genin

Send a message via Yahoo to noor
Question Emergency ! !

im downloading epi 62 of Naruto from ANBU ....it got stuck @ 98% because of a hash problem......resuming also doesnt help....waited 5 long hours and now its stuck...

2% more to go...
what should i do...please help
noor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 11:21   Link #2
kajic
the kajic

Send a message via ICQ to kajic Send a message via AIM to kajic Send a message via MSN to kajic
The thing is you most likely can play that file anyway, and missing those 2% wont be that a big of a deal...
And to answer your question, Ive got no idea how you could resume it...
Old 2004-04-13, 16:44   Link #3
ano_hito

It's not enjoyable to watch a cutted avi as the missing parts can be anywhere and affect several portion of the video. Assuming you can fix it, you can expect audio/video desync, missing parts, visual artifacts or even crashing the player.

I recall having a similar problem. I had 99% of the file but the client kept failing to download the last piece because of hash error. I later discovered that someone was sending bad pieces. I switched to another client and that solved the problem (the client banned the ip that was sending bad pieces).

If you experience hash errors and that restarting the download doesn't fix it, try a different BT client. Edit: I believe hash exists to discard bad pieces, if the client can't do it properly, it's probably a bug.

If you need a reseed : http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Last edited by ano_hito; 2004-04-13 at 16:55.
ano_hito is offline   Reply With Quote