AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-01, 18:33   Link #961
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Huh? I always though that title refers to the Stoney Cat as the Nekokami, but got to admit your interpretation also make sense in some way.
"Hentai Ōji to Warawanai Neko" . Babylon translation translates "笑わない猫" to "don't laugh at cats". Which is kind of hilarious in a few contexts.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-01, 22:00   Link #962
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well this one was great its good to see a pervert being proud an not annoying and that cat seems to grant the crazy of wishes

8/10
Old 2013-07-02, 01:40   Link #963
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Huh? I always though that title refers to the Stoney Cat as the Nekokami, but got to admit your interpretation also make sense in some way.
Both reasonings work. In fact, I think it's obviously deliberate that the title can be taken to mean several things.

Tsukiko has an obvious cat-theme going on, which is evident from the cover of the first LN, where you see her casting a cat-shaped shadow, and the anime brings that point even further home. So, it's no surprise that she is most likely the other Stoney Cat.
Old 2013-07-02, 02:57   Link #964
The Green One

Isn't it rather ironic that it is Tsukushi who received the two things that make Yokodera and Tsukiko broken human beings? She got Tsukiko's emotions so that she'll be more open, and she ended up with Yokodera's memories of Tsukasa.
The Green One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 18:38   Link #965
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Isn't it rather ironic that it is Tsukushi who received the two things that make Yokodera and Tsukiko broken human beings? She got Tsukiko's emotions so that she'll be more open, and she ended up with Yokodera's memories of Tsukasa.
Which means Tsukishi gains everything while everyone else lost important things, lol.

The world revolves around Tsukishi >_<
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 20:00   Link #966
sky black swordman

Finally finished the series, overall it more than meet my expectations. It's an anime that, I would definitely watch again and would love see get a season 2. 8/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Which means Tsukishi gains everything while everyone else lost important things, lol.

The world revolves around Tsukishi >_<
As it should after all, Tsukishi is the best and the hottest!!

And I was under the assumption that both sister got his memories of Tsukasa.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-07-03 at 01:47.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:33   Link #967
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
...considering the title IS "Hentai Prince and the Stone-faced Cat" (ie. Yokodera and Tsukushi), I doubt they'll resolve Tsukiko's 'problem' until the very last novel when it ends....
Tsukiko is the stone-faced (actually "unlaughing") one. "The Hentai Prince and the Cat Who Doesn't Laugh" is a more literal translation, it seems to me. That last episode gave Tsukiko a cat's tail for a while, and so does some of the steady flow of doujin art that is coming out.

But I agree that they are not going to rush to solve Tsukiko's inability to express emotion. That's the key to her particular moeness, after all.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 00:39   Link #968
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

This show was the surprise of the season for me. I didn't think I'd like it at all, but it was extremely adorable (and not in a mindless sort of way) while being funny, too. I'm disappointed by how it ended, but I'll forgive them if there's another season.

7/10~
Old 2013-07-03, 11:42   Link #969
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

This is really an amazing show with an amazing story behind a somewhat deceiving title. I seldom rate shows, but I'll give this 9/10. Since I don't have time to start another light novel series, I am really hoping for a relatively faithful second season. I always wanted to facepalm at the convenience of an any-wish-granting god, but since the focus is not about the god, I must say it worked out pretty well at the end of the day for a romcom. The parts that really sealed it for me were the bittersweet developments due to this convenience and the good tie-ups with the foreshadowing. This is definitely not your average love comedy.

Last edited by larethian; 2013-07-03 at 11:53.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 14:36   Link #970
ChampDream
Alive

I watch and finished this series
it was really good, the fact that it have misleading title really help to make this more entertaining to watch.
Tsukishi is my favorite character of this series, because of how funny she was, she also hot.
I wish this could get a second season
Old 2013-07-05, 03:00   Link #971
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I don't really think the title is misleading, but more that people have gotten the wrong idea, based on the 'hentai' bit in the title (not fully understanding what it stands for), though I'm not sure if it's the English title that threw some people off, or the original one.

Based on early comments prior to the show's airing, a lot of people seemed to think this show was all about sex in some form or way, basically being your average ecchi show with nothing going for it. I wonder how many of them decided to not try it, and thus not giving the show a single chance to prove it's not what the title is said to suggest.
Old 2013-07-05, 05:57   Link #972
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Well, the summary of it did sound for me rather uninteresting and partly unappealing as I get easily tired of pervy MCs or rather if they decide to make their ecchi jokes towards a girl too often. Fortunately, despite his dense moments regarding Tsukiko, Yokodera has proven to be one of the better developed main characters.
And with Tsukiko, it's too hard to resist in hugging her .
Azusa was nice-ish, but suffered from an unequal amount of screentime other than fawning over Yokodera (for what reason actually? I have completely forgotten the reason D.
That leaves Tsukushi: Good looks or not, the whole drawn out foil with the Yokodera twin-brother started to get tiresome and facepalming rather fast. Fortunately, it was kept to a tolerable level. Anyway, her muscle idiot characteristica could have been handled better, but I can't really tell how. I acknowledge that she had her share of nice moments, though.

About that italian girl with the portable cat statue: Honestly, I have already mostly forgotten her. Depending on how far the manga might go (even though I keep forgetting that there's actually a manga out there), I'm willing to see what's being planned for her.
Let's not talk about that epic fail of Tsukushi fangirl, as a minor chara, who talked crap of Youto whenever possible. I'll just pretend she didn't exist.

And while all of it may sound quite negative, I did in fact enjoy the show overall. I'm all for cute *hnnnghhh* moments and light-hearted stories. Heck, even the more dramatic episodes were done in a well enough manner for my taste. Lastly, that anime was next to Hataraku no Maou-sama the only one that peaked my interest/attention at all.
Diablo 3 Battletag: Mahou#2744 Visual Novel Addict
Mahou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 05:17   Link #973
Qikz

I've loved this series the whole way through and just saw the ending.

My heart... my god that was too heartwarming T_T
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 08:00   Link #974
AP24

I'm also hoping for a second season but since the first season covered up to vol 5 then at least vol 10 should be released before second season comes out. The latest volume released is vol 6 so if there's gonna be another season it won't be out at least until 2015.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 11:40   Link #975
s07195
Distracted

Well... there were some parts that were interesting, some parts that were just downright confusing or even WTF, but with that last arc it shot my rating for the series back up to 'quite good'.

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 08:29   Link #976
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

omg... who ever expect this anime can actually make someone cry??
last 3 episodes are very beautiful....

well, this anime maybe is one of the best fanservice-romance drama combination...
misleading title.... boring at start... but somehow this started to develop well

even though I'm still rooting for Azuki Azusa (yay for her to steal Yokodera's first kiss!), Tsukiko's family arc is very great
although there are lot of confusing things regarding wishes and neko-stuff, at least we don't really need a full understanding to enjoy this anime

I know that I shouldn't give a high rating to this anime... but I must give it 10/10 for making me cry when Tsukushi cried at last episode

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 15:33   Link #977
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I'm also hoping for a second season but since the first season covered up to vol 5 then at least vol 10 should be released before second season comes out. The latest volume released is vol 6 so if there's gonna be another season it won't be out at least until 2015.
2015??????? I can't wait that long!!!! I need my Tsukiko and Youto scenes again!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by Siphine; 2013-09-11 at 16:02.
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 16:51   Link #978
Breimoon

that is a really long time......
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 15:35   Link #979
Miraluka
18 forever

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 20:41   Link #980
sky black swordman

^ I will take Tsukushi!!
You guys can fight over the other Tsukiko and Azuki.

Tags
ecchi, harem, romantic comedy, seinen, supernatural, tsundere