AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-01, 12:33   Link #921
chaos_animagic

Tohka is just too cute...

She takes the "two-timing" so easily and actually quite calm with humor, LOL.

It's like she either believes or actually allow Shido to "get with" other girls (might be because she's used to it? where Origami is constantly trying to "get with Shido", LOL)

Hmmm... BUNNY!!!

Now I know why this show's called Date A Live, poor Shido... he has to go the harem route, tho... it doesn't look like anyone is hating it tho, LOL. (maybe Tohka, but her jealousy look so awesome and fun)

As for that DC...
Spoiler for small wall-o-text:

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2013-05-01 at 12:44.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 12:49   Link #922
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Tohka is just too cute...

She takes the "two-timing" so easily and actually quite calm with humor, LOL.

It's like she either believes or actually allow Shido to "get with" other girls (might be because she's used to it? where Origami is constantly trying to "get with Shido", LOL)

Hmmm... BUNNY!!!

Now I know why this show's called Date A Live, poor Shido... he has to go the harem route, tho... it doesn't look like anyone is hating it tho, LOL. (maybe Tohka, but her jealousy look so awesome and fun)

As for that DC...
Spoiler for small wall-o-text:
So far the DC features, infodump about spirits, Origami's tragic story which was already hinted before and the effects of abusing Origami's power suit.

They don't just cut material for the heck of it but because of the limited timeslot for TV shows. Shows like Fate/zero did it before(King's meeting) and Shaft do that as well with Denpa Onna(added about 6 minutes on one episode).

Spoiler for Tohka's dakimakura/pillow:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 13:15   Link #923
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for Tohka's dakimakura/pillow:
Itadakimasu~
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 13:38   Link #924
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
A blog article I came across showing a closer look at some of the items in the volume 1 BD/DVD among other things.
Old 2013-05-02, 11:29   Link #925
Miraluka
Banned

Spoiler for Fanarts:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 11:48   Link #926
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for Fanarts:
And surprisingly(not) they're mostly Kurumi fanarts.
Old 2013-05-02, 17:52   Link #927
Yoxall
マホウツカイ 疾風迅雷の魔術拳士- 皇樹 龍一

Dakimakura Art for you dakimakura lovers

Spoiler for Tohka's Dakimakura Art (NSFW):

Spoiler for Yoshino's Dakimakura Art (NSFW):

Spoiler for Origami's Dakimakura Art (NSFW):

imo, Tobiichi's is the best cuz dat ass and underboob. Looks like she is trying very hard to get Shido's attention by being this sexy. Too bad he is too busy looking at the other spirits can't wait to see Kurumi's in the near future.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:09   Link #928
Enternal

So kind of slightly off topic but:
I know some have issues with Shidou how he's not "strong" and is seemingly a weakling with no spine. However, so far he has shown that if he wants it, he goes and try to get it no matter the cost. He's quite decisive of his choice and follows through. Can you really say that he truly is a spineless weakling? I don't think so.

Anyways... those dakimakura have something that's off about them. They're not bad but they're not exactly great either...
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 04:19   Link #929
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

Can I ask, why is there another twintails? You can spoil me on my VM (with spoiler tags)
Old 2013-05-03, 06:30   Link #930
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I know some have issues with Shidou how he's not "strong" and is seemingly a weakling with no spine. However, so far he has shown that if he wants it, he goes and try to get it no matter the cost. He's quite decisive of his choice and follows through. Can you really say that he truly is a spineless weakling? I don't think so.
Perhaps . . . what people are complaining about are neither because he's weakling or spineless, but because he's just too bland and plain as a character, typical of old-school harem lead a-la Love Hina/Ah My Goddess wuss-tier. Now, just compare him with Yokodera or Hachiman from Henneko and Oregairu. Those two are also weakling and spineless, yet they're very fun to watch and able to stand as characters with solid personality on their own right.

But who cares about him. This is harem, what matters is the heroines after all
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 06:30   Link #931
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Images
For the Tron
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Origami is so awesome that things gets stoned while gawking at her mouthwatering figure
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:41   Link #932
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 11:46   Link #933
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I have to be honest, he actually had his own moments, but it's all just fell flat due to some gary stu moments and the plot that seemingly only favors him to conveniently get the girls (Yeah, i know this is harem anime, but still . . ). Now, you can overcome that with heroines and story, but the show never really managed much there. The girls character are flat and one-dimensional. They were never developed into anything who can hook us and give us deep empathy (Dunno how this works on LN thugh). All they were really good for was the "perfect otherworldly girls" caricature.

As a result the show has given me zero motivation to root for them or even care that the protagonist is getting them. All the character developments was just too shallow for standard harem show.

I don't wanna start debating here, but feel free to comment though
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 12:11   Link #934
Enternal

@ backbone
Hmm... yeah that makes sense. He's a bit bland and that is an issue.

@ Reek of Blood
Lol! You said you're not starting a debate but it almost seems like you're trying to provoke one haha. But anyways, perhaps you should try reading the novels and see how you like it compared to the anime. I'm also one of those who's quite bothered by the amount of stuff that they cut out which is important for the details of the characters... but... I'm still enjoying the anime quite a bit too.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 13:02   Link #935
Midonin
Last Engage

Date a Live 05 - Operation Origami's House

I find the show's doing a pretty good job with its blending of tones so far, often putting the dramatic and the comedic together in ways that benefit both. The scene in Origami's house stands out the most. A mission to retrieve Yoshino's lucky blanket... that involves Origami in a maid outfit... but also reveals exactly how she views her mission. I'm also liking that the spirits are getting character songs. Tohka had hers in her arc, and Yoshino's was this week's ED. I wonder when those are going to be released. I'm sure the apartment complex will provide many more hijinks. And I don't mind a hot springs episode coming after these past two arcs. It looks like it was a good break point, and letting the audience's mind cool down a bit before going full swing into Kurumi's arc (who looks to be a little more high-stakes than the other two) is probably a good idea.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 19:56   Link #936
sky black swordman

Quote:
A mission to retrieve Yoshino's lucky blanket...
It's a rabbit hand puppet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoxall View Post
Dakimakura Art for you dakimakura lovers
Spoiler for Tohka's Dakimakura Art (NSFW):
This only dakimakura that I have any interest in, due the the fact that it has my beloved Tohka on it.
Old 2013-05-03, 20:11   Link #937
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
It's a rabbit hand puppet.
I suppose I could say I was speaking metaphorically, but it's a little late for that now. Security blanket might've conveyed it better. Either way, it was an entertaining scene.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 20:57   Link #938
Znail

I find it funny how many bite marks there are on Tohka's pillow. I bet she thought it was a giant sasauge and that is why she had to have it
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 22:20   Link #939
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
http://i.imgur.com/5Squ7Idl.jpg
And then she goes ZADKIEL!!
Old 2013-05-04, 05:32   Link #940
Anime Online

I feel that Date A Live spends alot of time showing characters doing things, but barely any time explaining why they do things.

Take, for instance, it's really bad how the anime handled the scene Shido visited Origami at her apartment. The way she jumps at him just come across as someone really desperate. Instead of wondering why she took Yoshino's hand-puppet, I was taken aback and began to wonder why she's acting like a slut. Perhaps there are good reasons why she's behaving like that, or perhaps the anime is just treating the viewers to Origami fan-service, I don't know.

Then we have Shido collecting pokemons. Gotta catch them all! Why is he so into collecting these pokemon girls that he's willing to risk life and limb? What is Tohka and Yoshino to him? Is he just such a naturally wonderful guy that he'll put his life at risk for every and any damsel in distress he comes across?

When the big reveal came in the form of Commander Kotori letting slip he's connected to spirits, I was thinking, "Oh good, finally we'll have some real answers!" Nope, Mr Wonderful and Nice Guy just run into a hail of shotgun pellets to collect the next pokemon. Oh well, at least Tohka's character design is great.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, romance, sci-fi, tsundere