AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-01, 12:57   Link #1681
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Since when? Well let's see....when some of the human protagonist(s) or main characters or supporting main characters are concerned? Look at Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemist, Blood + and a host of other anime that I can't remember off-hand. Do you get my point?



I don't say that it is a MUST that every anime has to follow a criteria of storytelling. But at least choose some or the most interesting history of some/all of the characters to focus on. Here, we don't even exactly KNOW much about Shido and his past. Except that he has amnesia 5 years ago. Why? What cause it? What exactly happened? Where is/are their parents? Why did Tohka - or the rest of the Spirits - come to Earth in the first place? All these are in the blanks. Nitpicking? I don't think so. Personally, if a story leaves too many questions unanswered then it is nothing but just a lame story. That's all to it.

p.s. Toaru what? I have not watch it yet so I'm not gonna comment on it.
The reason why Shido lost his memories has already been explained. Phantom stripped him of his memories of Kotori receiving her Spirit powers, him sealing her, etc. As to what happened before that, it seems like Phantom stripped him of those too, but that one I'm not 100% sure.

Also, giving an answer now would ruin the suspense for the rest of the story. It's still only at volume 8, and it seems like it'll only get answered at volume 12-13 at the earliest.

In fact, your entire argument doesn't make any sense. What you're asking for is akin to revealing, say, what exactly happened during the human transmutation attempt in Fullmetal Alchemist and why Ed and Al failed, early on in the story instead of like 2/3 into the story. Snape's real allegiance within the first three volumes of Harry Potter, instead of in the final volume. Or revealing who Luke Skywalker's father is halfway through Star Wars: A New Hope, instead of in The Empire Strikes Back. Or revealing Luffy's and Ace's real family (or even the meaning of the Will or D) early on in One Piece. Or revealing the exact location and/or identity of the eponymous treasure. Or why exactly Naruto had the 9-tailed fox sealed inside him. Or revealing Tobi's (or for that matter, the entire Akatsuki's) real identities and motivations early on. As in before volume 32. Heck, how about revealing Itachi's true intentions from the arc he was introduced? Yeah, you're asking for basically the equivalent of that. And so on, and so forth.

You see how ridiculous your demand is now?

P.S. Toaru Majutsu no Index. Usually known as A Certain Magical Index. People usually call it just Index.

@Riki: You call that a fanservice episode?
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 14:54   Link #1682
Filia Nox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 地球 (Chikyū)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It's pointless for you to continue the debate because, well, you're wrong. It isn't because I'm saying it, it's just simply that you're wrong.

Your whole complaint is defunct. Holding back answers to big questions regarding the plot and/or main character(s) is a time-honored, fan-supported storytelling device that has been in use for years and years. Now suddenly a 12-episode series, which isn't the end of the title, doesn't answer the mysteries of the universe early on and that makes it "lame"?
That belief of yours right there kills your whole argument.
Okay, first thing first. Just because I have strong opinions - and I believe I have every rights - doesn't make me "wrong". You can disagree with me - that's the key word here and you are entitled to - so your choice of words is "wrong" or inappropriate as well. If I am, truly the only one (in the whole anime fandom) - and here again I don't think I am - who feel or think the way I do, then you may say that I am wrong. LOL...

Was Origami the ONLY human affected by the spacequake phenomena? Err...is Shido and/or Kotori not humans? They are not "victims" from a spacequake phenomena? Really? Then the whole paranoia thing to help Kotori sealed her powers is because? :X Shido's past is or could essentially be the key or catalyst to the whole mystery. That's why fans would like to know more. And Origami....obviously her history is important for viewers to understand her actions, her character and her grudge against the Spirits which is not one of the pivotal plot in the show? And what about Mana? How or why did the sibilings get separated? Gosh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
This is very much nitpicking; you're complaining because the series isn't conveniently answering all your questions early on. Meanwhile there's a certain series called Attack on Titan (you may notice it in the sub-forum sections right there on the main forum page ) that makes a point of presenting answers only to rip them away at the last second. Halfway through that series, and yet even more major questions keep coming up.
What you're doing is complaining about a story setup that has existed for a long time in anime. You need to replace your usage of "lame" with "pointlessly complaining about what has existed for years." It's not dumb. It's not lame. It's something that is in many, many animes for many years, and thus which you're very, very late to complain about. Neon Genesis Evangelion didn't answer a number of big questions until the End of Evangelion movie which took place after episode 24 out of 26 in that series.
You know, this is, after all, a forum. It’s bound to have complaints, opinionated viewpoints, heated debates, haters and trolls. I don’t feel mine is complaints…merely my feelings from my heart in written form. Lol. Be glad that one takes the time and effort to share their views – be it good or bad – because it shows or means that the person is actually concerned and the show has actually “got” to him/her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Hint: check the titles of the sub-foum sections.
LOL you can’t read my satire do you? “….not watch it yet…” I am aware of the anime. It’s just that the name is a little bit too mouthful for me .

Relax...you have your opinions. People have theirs. Doesn't make you more right or me wrong. It's a matter of preference, difference of opinions and choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
First off, DAL has only a 12 episode limit so back-ground is basically impossible. Even the 12 episodes have so many parts cut out from the novel.

Second. Not even those questions are answered in the novel, how'd you expect the anime to give the answers......its a novel anime adaption not the other way around. If it turns into an original adaption (Which will cause more problems...I am looking at that darn fanservice episode they put in when they could emphasis more on Yoshino's) then it'll become a train wreck.
Nothing is impossible in this world ....if there is a will and creativity.

I am aware that the anime is trying its best to stay true to its LN. And for that, I respect it but still....I don't know....something just feels "lacking" or unsatisfactory for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
The reason why Shido lost his memories has already been explained. Phantom stripped him of his memories of Kotori receiving her Spirit powers, him sealing her, etc. As to what happened before that, it seems like Phantom stripped him of those too, but that one I'm not 100% sure.
Precisely my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Also, giving an answer now would ruin the suspense for the rest of the story. It's still only at volume 8, and it seems like it'll only get answered at volume 12-13 at the earliest.
Fair enough. I would probably agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
In fact, your entire argument doesn't make any sense. What you're asking for is akin to revealing, say, what exactly happened during the human transmutation attempt in Fullmetal Alchemist and why Ed and Al failed, early on in the story instead of like 2/3 into the story. Snape's real allegiance within the first three volumes of Harry Potter, instead of in the final volume. Or revealing who Luke Skywalker's father is halfway through Star Wars: A New Hope, instead of in The Empire Strikes Back. Or revealing Luffy's and Ace's real family (or even the meaning of the Will or D) early on in One Piece. Or revealing the exact location and/or identity of the eponymous treasure. Or why exactly Naruto had the 9-tailed fox sealed inside him. Or revealing Tobi's (or for that matter, the entire Akatsuki's) real identities and motivations early on. As in before volume 32. Heck, how about revealing Itachi's true intentions from the arc he was introduced? Yeah, you're asking for basically the equivalent of that. And so on, and so forth.

You see how ridiculous your demand is now?
It’s because you cannot understand from my point of view that you feel it doesn’t make sense to you. So since you don’t, then I won’t push myself either - so as not to prolong this “senseless argument?” lol – and agree to disagree. I don’t think my so-called demand is ridiculous. Let’s not get to that shall we? It’s not even a demand. It’s just some normal opinions that maybe I’m the only one bold enough to voice out? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
P.S. Toaru Majutsu no Index. Usually known as A Certain Magical Index. People usually call it just Index.
Yes I am aware of this anime. In fact, my favourite character is Misaka Mikoto – the Railgun. jeezuz...do I look that ignorant or my sarcasm just failed miserably?
__________________
あつめる しの (Atsumeru Shino)
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-11-01 at 19:11. Reason: Please use the "edit" button to add content to your post instead of double/triple posting.
Filia Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 22:43   Link #1683
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Okay, first thing first. Just because I have strong opinions - and I believe I have every rights - doesn't make me "wrong". You can disagree with me - that's the key word here and you are entitled to - so your choice of words is "wrong" or inappropriate as well. If I am, truly the only one (in the whole anime fandom) - and here again I don't think I am - who feel or think the way I do, then you may say that I am wrong. LOL...
People can be wrong when they say a 35 mph speed zone, that has been such for years and has worked perfectly, should be 45. That's the kind of wrong I'm talking about you being.
You're complaining about a long-time story device and calling it "lame," after it has been used successfully and popularly for years and years.
Largely though, this is just a "where the heck have you been for the last 20 years of anime" deal.

Quote:
Was Origami the ONLY human affected by the spacequake phenomena? Err...is Shido and/or Kotori not humans? They are not "victims" from a spacequake phenomena? Really? Then the whole paranoia thing to help Kotori sealed her powers is because? :X Shido's past is or could essentially be the key or catalyst to the whole mystery. That's why fans would like to know more. And Origami....obviously her history is important for viewers to understand her actions, her character and her grudge against the Spirits which is not one of the pivotal plot in the show? And what about Mana? How or why did the sibilings get separated? Gosh....
There's a difference between reasonable complaints, which is more properly called stating one's opinion(s), and making unreasonable complaints. Yours is the latter, because a truly lame story is the one you're asking for, where all questions and mysteries are answered early on, leaving no sense of suspense or mystery.
Part of keeping your readers/viewers reading/watching (I say reading because this is also in literature as well) is to keep things unanswered for later, not blowing the whole plot in episode 10 of 26. (and DAL will definitely be a good deal more than 26 episodes if it gets fully animated) What kind of mystery would an old Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew novel be if they revealed the bad guy early on instead of saving it for a reveal at the end? Or just simply answered "when, where, why, and how" in the early chapters of the story? Obviously DAL isn't a mystery novel like the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew, but it's the exact same concept.

Quote:
LOL you can’t read my satire do you? “….not watch it yet…” I am aware of the anime. It’s just that the name is a little bit too mouthful for me .
In answer to your question at the bottom of your post, yes your sarcasm failed miserably.

Quote:
Relax...you have your opinions. People have theirs. Doesn't make you more right or me wrong. It's a matter of preference, difference of opinions and choice.
See above.



Quote:
Nothing is impossible in this world ....if there is a will and creativity.

I am aware that the anime is trying its best to stay true to its LN. And for that, I respect it but still....I don't know....something just feels "lacking" or unsatisfactory for me.
See, when you start railing on the creativity of the writers/staff, or even just suggesting it, that makes your opinion all the more defunct. Because once you start blaming people or saying it's some peoples' fault, you start moving out of "opinion" and moving in to "trying to make it fact."
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 13:08   Link #1684
Filia Nox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 地球 (Chikyū)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You're complaining about a long-time story device and calling it "lame," after it has been used successfully and popularly for years and years.
Largely though, this is just a "where the heck have you been for the last 20 years of anime" deal.
Repeatedly calling me as “complaining” is totally wrong, on your part. I merely gave my comments that I agree with other forumers’ posting and suggested some questions that I would like answers. It was solely on THIS anime alone. Accusing me of “complaining” about the whole storytelling concept is taking it too far, don’t you think? Why can’t we just let it go? There is no need for exaggeration. You have made your point and I stand by mine. Just agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
There's a difference between reasonable complaints, which is more properly called stating one's opinion(s), and making unreasonable complaints. Yours is the latter, because a truly lame story is the one you're asking for, where all questions and mysteries are answered early on, leaving no sense of suspense or mystery.
Part of keeping your readers/viewers reading/watching (I say reading because this is also in literature as well) is to keep things unanswered for later, not blowing the whole plot in episode 10 of 26. (and DAL will definitely be a good deal more than 26 episodes if it gets fully animated) What kind of mystery would an old Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew novel be if they revealed the bad guy early on instead of saving it for a reveal at the end? Or just simply answered "when, where, why, and how" in the early chapters of the story? Obviously DAL isn't a mystery novel like the Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew, but it's the exact same concept.
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew belonged to the detective genre. Therefore, it is understandable that each case that they have NEED to be revealed only at the end. This is not the case with this anime which essentially is NOT a mystery genre – just a chick flick perverted comedy – hence hardly comparable. Let me just ask some very fundamental questions. Did Shido even ask those Spirits where they come from? Or why Ratatosk organization wanted Shido to seal those Spirits? No purpose at all?

By the way, I do kinda resent the fact that you keep harping on my so-called unreasonable “complaints” – which is not in reality. If I wanted to, I could have say, this is the internet. There are bound to be supporters as well as critics. If you can’t accept it, well….I’d hate to be pushed to say more. However, I do agree that suspense is good, useful - on most part of storytelling - to build momentum and to raise the anticipation/curiosity of readers and fans. Again, that depends on circumstances and people of course. You cannot expect EVERYONE to follow or accept a concept just because it is popular or whatnot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
See, when you start railing on the creativity of the writers/staff, or even just suggesting it, that makes your opinion all the more defunct. Because once you start blaming people or saying it's some peoples' fault, you start moving out of "opinion" and moving in to "trying to make it fact."
Defunct or not, is your opinion, which you are entitled to. Feel free to think so but I stand by my point of view. I am not trying to make anything a fact. That is only exaggeration on your thinking – but if my idea gets to you then what can I say? LOL the concept seems a little bit taken from “Inception”.
__________________
あつめる しの (Atsumeru Shino)
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”
Filia Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 22:40   Link #1685
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Repeatedly calling me as “complaining” is totally wrong, on your part. I merely gave my comments that I agree with other forumers’ posting and suggested some questions that I would like answers. It was solely on THIS anime alone. Accusing me of “complaining” about the whole storytelling concept is taking it too far, don’t you think? Why can’t we just let it go? There is no need for exaggeration. You have made your point and I stand by mine. Just agree to disagree.
Well I only call it complaining because that's what it is. What you're talking about isn't a fault on the creators' part or a bad story idea of any kind. You're complaining about a story setup that has been and still is very successful and is implemented in various forms of fictional entertainment. There's nothing wrong with it, except for some reason you can't accept it and instead ask for things that would ruin the plot progression. Giving the questions to major plot questions too early (before even the halfway point in this case) is not a good story setup. To restate myself, the novel author is not making the novels on the anime's schedule. Season 1 may be over, but it's only what is likely to be at most a third of the story.

Quote:
Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew belonged to the detective genre. Therefore, it is understandable that each case that they have NEED to be revealed only at the end. This is not the case with this anime which essentially is NOT a mystery genre – just a chick flick perverted comedy – hence hardly comparable. Let me just ask some very fundamental questions. Did Shido even ask those Spirits where they come from? Or why Ratatosk organization wanted Shido to seal those Spirits? No purpose at all?
And in trying to make that difference, while partially accurate, you missed my point entirely. An engaging plot is one that does not answer the big questions early in the story, just like a mystery story.
By the way, Kotori made it clear why they're sealing the spirits. (or at least what she thinks is the reason, who knows with a mysterious organization?) They're doing it so the spirits won't be under attack by the AST. Without their powers, they can't make spacequakes voluntarily or not, and they don't even register on scanners as spirits. Hence, the AST won't seek them out anymore.
As for where they come from, please tell me any anime that answers a big plot question 1/3 of the way into the story. And could it be that even Kotori doesn't know? There's probably somebody who knows to some degree somewhere, but big secret keeprs tend not to share, just like in FMA, or any secret plot anime.

Quote:
By the way, I do kinda resent the fact that you keep harping on my so-called unreasonable “complaints” – which is not in reality. If I wanted to, I could have say, this is the internet. There are bound to be supporters as well as critics. If you can’t accept it, well….I’d hate to be pushed to say more. However, I do agree that suspense is good, useful - on most part of storytelling - to build momentum and to raise the anticipation/curiosity of readers and fans. Again, that depends on circumstances and people of course. You cannot expect EVERYONE to follow or accept a concept just because it is popular or whatnot.
You can have your opinions all you want. Saying a show is lame because you have unreasonable demands for the plot progression is stretching it.


Quote:
Defunct or not, is your opinion, which you are entitled to. Feel free to think so but I stand by my point of view. I am not trying to make anything a fact. That is only exaggeration on your thinking – but if my idea gets to you then what can I say? LOL the concept seems a little bit taken from “Inception”.
If you're entitled to an opinion, I'm entitled to pointing out when you're opinion is just wrong. As is the case here.
It would be one thing if you said "I don't like character A because he/she has type B personality," or "I'm not into harem animes." You, however, are calling out the show on something it shouldn't be doing any other way.
And to restate myself again, when you start making claims of lack of creativity on the staff, that's stepping out of opinion territory.
__________________
Shinji103 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 04:42   Link #1686
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Nothing is impossible in this world ....if there is a will and creativity.

I am aware that the anime is trying its best to stay true to its LN. And for that, I respect it but still....I don't know....something just feels "lacking" or unsatisfactory for me.
DAL already has problems with pacing and butchering of plot. You want to make it worse?

Not to mention that multiple anime which adapted only 2 volumes of LN per cour (such as SAO, Unbreakable Machine-Doll) already have this kind of problem. And DAL adapted 4 volumes in 1 cour. I don't think creativity is the issue here. Unless only anime original series can be considered "creative"?

If the anime is staying true to the LN, there's no reason to blame the anime for anything lacking or unsatisfactory; the LN should be blamed instead, no?

Now on to the LN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
It’s because you cannot understand from my point of view that you feel it doesn’t make sense to you. So since you don’t, then I won’t push myself either - so as not to prolong this “senseless argument?” lol – and agree to disagree. I don’t think my so-called demand is ridiculous. Let’s not get to that shall we? It’s not even a demand. It’s just some normal opinions that maybe I’m the only one bold enough to voice out? lol
And that was after I tried understanding from your point of view.

Even if it's not a demand, it's still ridiculous nevertheless. I'm sure any decent storyteller would disagree with you about revealing too much stuff in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Yes I am aware of this anime. In fact, my favourite character is Misaka Mikoto – the Railgun. jeezuz...do I look that ignorant or my sarcasm just failed miserably?
Yes, it failed miserably. You may not know this, but sarcasm tends to fail on a forum.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 05:07   Link #1687
Filia Nox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 地球 (Chikyū)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well I only call it complaining because that's what it is. What you're talking about isn't a fault on the creators' part or a bad story idea of any kind. You're complaining about a story setup that has been and still is very successful and is implemented in various forms of fictional entertainment. There's nothing wrong with it, except for some reason you can't accept it and instead ask for things that would ruin the plot progression. Giving the questions to major plot questions too early (before even the halfway point in this case) is not a good story setup. To restate myself, the novel author is not making the novels on the anime's schedule. Season 1 may be over, but it's only what is likely to be at most a third of the story.
I am not “complaining” about a story setup or concept or whatever. So quit complaining that I am when you totally misunderstood my whole point of view. I’ve never say that this is a BAD anime. I’ve even said that this anime has lots of potential and truth be told, I do like it to a certain extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
By the way, Kotori made it clear why they're sealing the spirits. (or at least what she thinks is the reason, who knows with a mysterious organization?) They're doing it so the spirits won't be under attack by the AST. Without their powers, they can't make spacequakes voluntarily or not, and they don't even register on scanners as spirits. Hence, the AST won't seek them out anymore.
As for where they come from, please tell me any anime that answers a big plot question 1/3 of the way into the story. And could it be that even Kotori doesn't know? There's probably somebody who knows to some degree somewhere, but big secret keeprs tend not to share, just like in FMA, or any secret plot anime.
And there again, you missed my question. I KNOW why Shido has to seal those Spirits – to prevent them from being killed by AST - that’s beside the point. What if Shido chooses not to do anything or the Spirits can’t be sealed? As to where they come from, I failed to see how THAT is a big plot question, as assumed by you. But please don't tell me, if you feel so strongly about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You can have your opinions all you want. Saying a show is lame because you have unreasonable demands for the plot progression is stretching it.
Again, I reiterate – it is not demands at all for whatever I am commenting. It is just mere point of views. And really, continuously criticizing me for my comments is stretching it too and personally I find it a bit aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
If you're entitled to an opinion, I'm entitled to pointing out when you're opinion is just wrong. As is the case here.
It would be one thing if you said "I don't like character A because he/she has type B personality," or "I'm not into harem animes." You, however, are calling out the show on something it shouldn't be doing any other way.
And to restate myself again, when you start making claims of lack of creativity on the staff, that's stepping out of opinion territory.
Again, let me reiterate, you are entitled to your opinions, as is every forumers but you don’t have to keep repeating the same thing over and over. Because once you do, then people becomes defensive – which is only natural – so just respect people’s point of views and if you don’t like what you read, skip it and know this is the internet. Again, I stand by my viewpoints/feelings. It’s just a matter of perception if you don’t think so. Lastly, stop putting words on my mouth. I never said specifically that the staff working on this particular anime is uncreative or whatnot. The reply to forumer, Riki, was just a rhetoric..meant to be in general speaking. By accusing me of things that I didn’t say or meant is also stepping out of opinion territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
If the anime is staying true to the LN, there's no reason to blame the anime for anything lacking or unsatisfactory; the LN should be blamed instead, no?
Gosh…will everybody please stop saying that I’m blaming this and that? Yes, the anime feels a bit lacking or unsatisfactory for ME. So what? Those who like it can please continue to enjoy it as it is. Or why is my views so offensive to some people? On second thought, no please do not answer THAT as I hate to prolong this conversation .

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
And that was after I tried understanding from your point of view.

Even if it's not a demand, it's still ridiculous nevertheless. I'm sure any decent storyteller would disagree with you about revealing too much stuff in the beginning.
Yes, like every therapist would tell their clients they understand them…. no offence but you don’t, really. Fair enough, you think my ‘questions’ or comments are “ridiculous”. Well, that’s your right of opinion. In the end, it’s all a matter of perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Yes, it failed miserably. You may not know this, but sarcasm tends to fail on a forum.
I think that would depends on what or which forum. but really, I don’t think you should “rub it in” as they say?
__________________
あつめる しの (Atsumeru Shino)
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”

Last edited by Filia Nox; 2013-11-03 at 05:30.
Filia Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-03, 05:32   Link #1688
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Gosh…will everybody please stop saying that I’m blaming this and that? Yes, the anime feels a bit lacking or unsatisfactory for ME. So what? Those who like it can please continue to enjoy it as it is. Or why is my views so offensive to some people? On second thought, no please do not answer THAT as I hate to prolong this conversation
No, I mean to say that if the anime felt a bit lacking or unsatisfactory for you, then logically so should the LN, since your reasons aren't because of the anime's inherent faults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Yes, like every therapist would tell their clients they understand them…. no offence but you don’t, really. Fair enough, you think my ‘questions’ or comments are “ridiculous”. Well, that’s your right of opinion. In the end, it’s all a matter of perception.
I noticed. So I just fully read and interpreted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
So agree with some of these comments. This anime has too many loop-holes unanswered and though it has good actions and lots of potential – I personally feel it’s only saving grace is the nice Opening Theme – it sorely lacks character development and places too much emphasize on the Spirits only without even shredding some history of the humans (and families) who fell victim to the spacequake phenomena. It’s still an ongoing novel – I get it – but we have seen other anime - with ongoing manga – and by this time the plot, purpose, backstory/history would have all fallen into place.
There's a reason why they didn't go too far into what happened to the victims of the first spacequake. It's because it occurred on the borders of the USSR, Mongolia and China. In central Eurasia. Nowhere near Japan. So there was no reason to touch on it. Maybe an entire country was wiped off the Earth. Maybe the fate is like the victims of other spacequakes. In any case, it's been shown in Japan that people have gotten used to the spacequakes and moved on.

Maybe Shido's backstory has something to do with spacequakes. Or not.

Also, stuff like the plot, purpose, backstory and history don't usually fall into place when the anime is not even halfway through. In fact by my estimations it's a quarter way through at best.

Plot and purpose are usually only half-resolved around 2/3-3/4 way through, and fully resolved only at the end. Backstory/history is revealed only bit by bit in each major arc, and the pace in the LN so far is reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
I think that would depends on what or which forum. but really, I don’t think you should “rub it in”? As they say? :P
Not that, you're not the only one I've seen who doesn't know that; in fact most people don't. It's just that it only really needs to be brought up when it actually happens, so I did.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 00:53   Link #1689
Filia Nox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 地球 (Chikyū)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
No, I mean to say that if the anime felt a bit lacking or unsatisfactory for you, then logically so should the LN, since your reasons aren't because of the anime's inherent faults.
Yes, you are right on this. When I said “something felt lacking or unsatisfactory”, I really do meant the LN as well. But you know, for all its flaws, I have accepted the fact that this series is meant to be a perverted chick flick comedy so I guess...we'll just see how it turns out eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
There's a reason why they didn't go too far into what happened to the victims of the first spacequake. It's because it occurred on the borders of the USSR, Mongolia and China. In central Eurasia. Nowhere near Japan. So there was no reason to touch on it. Maybe an entire country was wiped off the Earth. Maybe the fate is like the victims of other spacequakes. In any case, it's been shown in Japan that people have gotten used to the spacequakes and moved on.

Maybe Shido's backstory has something to do with spacequakes. Or not.
When I said “humans and victims of the spacequake” I really meant (only) those important people related to the story i.e. Shido, Mana, Kotori and Origami (and their parents of course). Not those of the FIRST spacequake that happened 30 years ago(!). You see what I meant? You didn’t really understand me. But that’s okay too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Also, stuff like the plot, purpose, backstory and history don't usually fall into place when the anime is not even halfway through. In fact by my estimations it's a quarter way through at best.

Plot and purpose are usually only half-resolved around 2/3-3/4 way through, and fully resolved only at the end. Backstory/history is revealed only bit by bit in each major arc, and the pace in the LN so far is reasonable.
“Estimation”. You see again what I said? In the end, it’s all a matter of perception. Nobody can know for sure of anything. So let’s just respect each other’s views and enjoy the show? Okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Not that, you're not the only one I've seen who doesn't know that; in fact most people don't. It's just that it only really needs to be brought up when it actually happens, so I did.
I’m not sure I understand what this means and I rarely like assumptions. But whatever… .
__________________
あつめる しの (Atsumeru Shino)
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”

Last edited by Filia Nox; 2013-11-04 at 01:05.
Filia Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 09:11   Link #1690
Shinon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kuou Academy
ova with origami online xd it was the most funny ova i ever watched xd hahaha
__________________
Shinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 10:13   Link #1691
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
Dat tempest sisters cameo!
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 14:02   Link #1692
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Aw come on guys share some screenshots with me at least ;___;
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 14:32   Link #1693
Shinon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Kuou Academy
look on the net raws are already in lol
__________________
Shinon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 15:05   Link #1694
Birdway
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Someone must be using a mobile, like me...
__________________
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 05:56   Link #1695
II Maestro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Data World
Spoiler for Date A Live OVA Screenshots:
__________________
II Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 05:50   Link #1696
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
^ If Shidou doesn't want that nude picture of Tohka, I will gladly take it off his hands!
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 20:48   Link #1697
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Tohka's voice sounds different.......
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 20:25   Link #1698
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Tohka's voice sounds different.......
Just to clarify, it's the same voice actress (Marina Inoue) but she is using a different tone of voice.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 22:50   Link #1699
Zero-2
Submit or Die
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Afterlife
I was also in the same impression that Tohka's seiyu was replaced. I mean, when I'm watching the OVA, I was like, "What the hell happended to Tohka?".
__________________
#NeverSurrender
Zero-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-13, 21:48   Link #1700
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
well.... it will be hard to brush Origami off...
I mean... whatever you do will raise her affection...
don't know what to do anymore

Shido should just accept harem ending
although I'm sure Kotori won't approve that
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, comedy, harem, romance, sci-fi, tsundere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.