AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 14.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.63%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-07, 13:08   Link #141
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Yep, thought it was very un-American of Yuuya.
His Japanese side came out. XD (joking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post

Incidentally, how old are Yuuya, Yui, Cryska, and Inia supposed to be? Yui can't be much more than a teenager herself, given that it's only three years since she was in schoolgirl-cadet-training.
I'm guessing they're younger than 20 but older than 15. Inia may be the youngest though...I've never played the VN so I don't know for sure about this.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 13:09   Link #142
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
I think they were giving it a handwave that he was exhausted from rowing the nice boat.

From a military standpoint, the most efficient carrying method is the fireman carry position. Back carrying and princess cradle are kinda stupid in terms of stability and energy usage. Drama strikes again.
Hated Fireman carrying at Boot Camp, stacked a guy nearly twice my size. Though it is very efficient and it's surprising how much of a weight difference there can be between you and the carried.

Maybe they just never came up with that in Muv-Luv? It seems pretty basic but most people have no idea how it works. Than again they are in the military so... Yeah, guess they just did it for the shipping drama.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 13:20   Link #143
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Than again they are in the military so... Yeah, guess they just did it for the shipping drama.
Most likely, seeing as how sudden all this new development is between Yuuya & Yui. Yuuya seems confused about what's going on with Yui though, lol.
Old 2012-08-07, 14:20   Link #144
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Behold the power of superior Russian ballistics in action!

Old 2012-08-07, 14:34   Link #145
Destined_Fate

If I were Yui I would be worried about such large competition.
Old 2012-08-07, 14:42   Link #146
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
If I were Yui I would be worried about such large competition.
She's pretty big herself if you ask me. :

http://static.zerochan.net/Takamura....ll.1173967.jpg
Old 2012-08-07, 16:21   Link #147
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Yuuya's a lucky son of a gun. Yui and Cryska. Not to mention Inia, Chobi and Venus might like him too.

Yuuya Bridges: Hot shot ace & chick magnet.
Old 2012-08-07, 16:42   Link #148
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Yuuya's a lucky son of a gun. Yui and Cryska. Not to mention Inia, Chobi and Venus might like him too.

Yuuya Bridges: Hot shot ace & chick magnet.
Well, to be fair, he is handsome + nicely build + gifted + hardworking + innocent () + kind (in some ways) + quite a gentlemen when he is needed .

Even in real life, a guy like that will naturally attract girls.
Old 2012-08-07, 16:43   Link #149
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, to be fair, he is handsome + nicely build + gifted + hardworking + innocent () + kind (in some ways) + quite a gentlemen when he is needed .

Even in real life, a guy like that will naturally attract girls.
Not to mention a good job....
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 16:51   Link #150
shaga
ヒスイ刈り取り機

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not to mention a good job....
yet, he'll get his girlfriend gotten fall to another man before realized it

NTR-rule
shaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 16:55   Link #151
maximilianjenus
[E]

He blushed because he got horny, it's that simple, be thankful they are not raunchy and we did not get a look at his shorts.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 17:05   Link #152
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
He blushed because he got horny, it's that simple, be thankful they are not raunchy and we did not get a look at his shorts.
Ah, of course. He’s a normal healthy man after all. He’s better that way than being a limpd*ck.

And I’m glad that, unlike many other harem MCs out there, Yuuya is not ugly + perverted + shy + weak + stupid.
Old 2012-08-07, 19:53   Link #153
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Can you blame him? He was caught off guard by Yui not scolding him.
Old 2012-08-07, 20:40   Link #154
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

Well Yui has bombarded him with nothing but her tsun side, so it's only natural that he would be caught off gaurd by her dere side.
Old 2012-08-07, 21:21   Link #155
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
{meta-level cynical sarcasm} Because he's the lead character in a series of light novels being marketed to Japanese otaku who probably would blush, too, if they ever got a chance to see that much cleavage IRL? {/meta-level cynical sarcasm}

Or he's just a young and innocent guy who was socially withdrawn as a teenager and young adult due to anti-Japanese prejudice and thus has little to no experience with spontaneous displays like that, combined with the fact that the whole reason he was knocking on Stella's door in the first place was that he was trying to prevent her from being leered at.
From producer POV, I'll vote the 1st one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
But I guess the princess carry conquers all reason.
Yep, when it comes to that, nothing else matter, including every stupid excuse the scripwriter created to made it happen

Quote:
Finally, a logical explanation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Well Yui has bombarded him with nothing but her tsun side, so it's only natural that he would be caught off gaurd by her dere side.
Yeah, although I think it rather a drastic change all of a sudden
ep 3-5: tsun
ep 6-?: dere

And I really want to know who came up with bizzare idea of printing hammer and sickle on bikini . It'll probably looks better on butt side. Left butt: hammer, right butt: sickle
raziel16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 21:34   Link #156
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post

And I really want to know who came up with bizzare idea of printing hammer and sickle on bikini . It'll probably looks better on butt side. Left butt: hammer, right butt: sickle
Well it does force people to look at her boobs.
Old 2012-08-07, 22:58   Link #157
Cosmic Eagle
宿命に全てを奪われた少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
Fr
I know rite....somewhere in Red Square, Comrade Lenin is spinning in his display sarcophagus
Old 2012-08-07, 23:11   Link #158
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Its a photoshoot that's clearly nationalist in nature. Naturally they'd want to brand their country as much as possible.

Any bikini photo shoot clearly favors frontal shots over the rear.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 03:11   Link #159
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Yep, thought it was very un-American of Yuuya.
Did you forget Eurasian children around the US military base in the Philippines?

What about Amerasians Japanese in Okinawa?

Well, both Yuri and Stella are good looking women and who can blame Yuuya?

Last edited by encia; 2012-08-08 at 03:36.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 03:43   Link #160
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Think I have a clear idea of what I want to say on this episode being generally sucky. Actually almost all the episodes so far except the first two has been terribly lacking in content and depth.

Before I go, note that ANY person can change in ANY way, but it usually takes time to do so, and when that period of time is not shown it creates an unnatural feeling that a character has suddenly 'changed'.

First we look at Yui. I think it's pretty obvious that she acts rather unnaturally to many viewers, especially just the previous episode she beats the crap out of her underlings and now she acts like... a high school girl. She fits the above description. Everything probably reads fine and dandy in the original Visual Novel but was totally out in the anime because whoever did the anime scripting or something was an idiot.

Second at Yuuya. He's okay to watch so far probably because he has so much screen time that we understand that despite his hatred for his nationality and hence Yui, there was a life at stake and he knows to identify his priorities.

Third at Inia. Still have no idea what she is (well I think I know what she is but it's MLA spoilerish so I'll refrain) due to little to no screen time. Acts like a brat (is one, judging from the little communication between her and Cryska) but whatever. I dislike the fact that fanservice is in work here though; when you want to draw a child - she looks like one and IS one mentally - you don't draw her with boobs she shouldn't have at her age. That looks even bigger than Yui's when she's high school, for her small body. Ridiculous.

Fourth at Cryska. First she goes FUCK YOU YUUYA and next 'I want you to tell me about Yuuya Bridges'. This anime suck balls at connecting the dots. Like really, really suck.

The others are not worth talking right now.

Another flaw is that, if this episode was meant for fanservice then we should've gotten a look at Vincent's peeking at the bath but no. Beachball happiness was replaced with TRAVEL TO UNKNOWN ISLAND. If I supposed that this is a 'character progression' episode, the anime DOESN'T CONNECT THE DOTS. Hence whatever state Yui or Cryska is they feel incredibly unnatural in this episode.

SAO handled themselves rather well even though there's complains about super time progression (it was supposed to be viewed like a compilation of short stories), and the episodes themselves are progressed comprehensibly. Total Eclipse is just... Even Hagure no Yussha makes better sense than this (still crap though).