AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Total Eclipse/Muv-Luv

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 17 23.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 14.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 12.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.63%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-08, 03:50   Link #161
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well it does force people to look at her boobs.
The boobs always precedes the ass...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 04:31   Link #162
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I think someone asked about the ages of the characters.

I'm not sure what they are in the MLU, but I'm pretty sure if they want to go with some form of accuracy then Yuuya has to be over 21.

If he is an Ensign in the U.S. Military then he has to go through a huge process to just be an officer alone. We're not even getting to pilot school either and then working on being eligible to become a test pilot.

Plus, you can't join if your under 18 anyways. Hell, you can't even drink if your under 21. This just makes you wonder how old Chobi is.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 04:41   Link #163
EagleBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

I'm not sure what they are in the MLU, but I'm pretty sure if they want to go with some form of accuracy then Yuuya has to be over 21.

If he is an Ensign in the U.S. Military then he has to go through a huge process to just be an officer alone. We're not even getting to pilot school either and then working on being eligible to become a test pilot.

Plus, you can't join if your under 18 anyways. Hell, you can't even drink if your under 21. This just makes you wonder how old Chobi is.
Actually the drafting ages have been dropped to 15 years old. Tarisa might be on the 15-18 age range. The rest are probably on the 18-23 age range.
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:43   Link #164
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

Maybe the rules of military recruitment is a bit different when the world under alien invasion
raziel16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:04   Link #165
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!

Well I'm probably the last person to think going into a beach ep that I really do wish they would stick with the awesome mecha action, the Nomnom, DEM BODYSUITS and keep something like a beach ep for an OVA but after watching....it's hard to argue against that...

With my favorite character Yui looking absolutely fantastic in that one piece, I can't say this was wasted at all
Not only is Yui looking great so is the rest, even the minor characters(love the megane-chan btw, wish she was part of the main cast).
Ironically me being a boob man, I find myself rooting/supporting Chobi to survive this series, why?
Cause she's totally outgunned by pretty much every other female of the show, even the other loli I can't help but feel some pity for her and gotta cheer her on!
Helps she's looks damn cute in the nekomimi maid outfit before.

But for your usual beach ep it does still hit on some stuff concerning the characters pretty well, like Yui hurting the morale/pride of the others.

Great ep but then I can't seem escape from the fact I always find beach eps great!

p.s Loved the Island part when Yui tells Yuuya to get going already, it was almost like a life and death situation, nice bit of drama there
Old 2012-08-08, 15:42   Link #166
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleBlue View Post
Actually the drafting ages have been dropped to 15 years old. Tarisa might be on the 15-18 age range. The rest are probably on the 18-23 age range.
Plus, Nepali tend to be shorter than most other nationalities (which the anime undoubtedly exaggerates)
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 17:34   Link #167
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel16 View Post
Maybe the rules of military recruitment is a bit different when the world under alien invasion
True, because you need as much people you can get to fight, especially when populations can be drastically reduced in just a few hours or days. Also, Total Eclipse clearly takes place in alternative world where not everything is the same as we know it. Example - In TE, the Soviet Union still exists in 2001, but in our universe the USSR would have already been dissolved for a decade already by 2001.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 20:57   Link #168
raziel16

Speaking about alien invasion, isn't it a bit strange that with their number and strength, the beta only got europe, china, and russia after 3 years? Seeing their invasion in ep 2, you would think that they can wipe out the entire human race within months
Old 2012-08-08, 23:11   Link #169
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Here's some screenshots for the next episode.

Spoiler for Episode 7 preview/screenshots:
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 23:15   Link #170
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for for Speculation for the next episode:

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-08-08 at 23:29.
Old 2012-08-08, 23:33   Link #171
vic-vic

Quote:
Speaking about alien invasion, isn't it a bit strange that with their number and strength, the beta only got europe, china, and russia after 3 years? Seeing their invasion in ep 2, you would think that they can wipe out the entire human race within months
Actually, BETA landed on Earth in 1973, so war already goes 28 years. So, the countries with most battle expireence with BETA it's Soviets Union and China. Though, they paid a terrific price for this.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 00:17   Link #172
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:

Well there are billions of humans, and who's to say we don't have the capability of training a good fraction of that as soldiers for war? Don't forget the huge arsenal of man made weapons we have littered all over the planet. If the BETA are coming, they're in for a firestorm.
Old 2012-08-09, 00:23   Link #173
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler for Probable Spoiler Answer/ Inappropriate Thread Answer:
Old 2012-08-09, 00:25   Link #174
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:

Spoiler for Episode 7 preview/screenshots:
I have a feeling...Yui might get jealous.... She seemed a little relieved in ep. 6 when Yuuya revealed to her that there wasn't anything special about addressing Cryska on a first name basis.

Old 2012-08-09, 00:32   Link #175
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensoulreaper View Post
I have a feeling...Yui might get jealous.... She seemed a little relieved in ep. 6 when Yuuya revealed to her that there wasn't anything special about addressing Cryska on a first name basis.

It's an undoubted truth.....

Yuuya: Yui, Cryska may be a hottie but... she's not Yui... You are...
Yui : Ensign... I mean.. Yuuya... I..

*smooch smooch
Old 2012-08-09, 00:35   Link #176
raziel16

Quote:
Spoiler:
That looks like a great scandal . But the good thing about war-romance thing is misunderstanding can be easily righted since ppl tend to be outright honest when they know they might not survive tomorrow.

If this is a Korean drama, that could take 10 eps to be righted

Quote:
Well there are billions of humans, and who's to say we don't have the capability of training a good fraction of that as soldiers for war? Don't forget the huge arsenal of man made weapons we have littered all over the planet. If the BETA are coming, they're in for a firestorm.
or the beta probably just take their time, let their livestock multiplied before begin the feast again. This is the first anime I see where cute girls are easily disposable, heck, they even got eaten alive!
Old 2012-08-09, 04:57   Link #177
Golos

Quote:
Well there are billions of humans,
Not anymore. There are less than 2 billions left by this point and the population is still shrinking.

Quote:
So, about the peeping warning. Anyone ever wondered why a grown-up US soldier would blush over sight of cleavage?
Said cleavage belonged to the woman he personally nicknamed Venus.
It is obviously that he considers her more attractive than the others gals of the Yukon base. Maybe, she reminds of his mom.

Spoiler for Little Yuuya & his mom:
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 06:05   Link #178
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

form the wiki and and other site the Muv luv earth alt population by 2001 is 1 billion and shirking ..... and some site suggest the largest demographic to decrease are the male that of fighting age 18 and above

being muv luv this is the calm before the storm ......
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-09, 06:51   Link #179
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Spoiler for Probable Spoiler Answer/ Inappropriate Thread Answer:
BETA is NOT afraid of water.
Old 2012-08-09, 09:22   Link #180
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
it was interesting that Yui sprained her ankle falling in such a way oh well thats anime for you. I cant think of worse things than being stranded on a tropical island with a big breasted Japanese or big breasted Russian girl. Take your pick