AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Old 2012-08-08, 05:35   Link #1
kaylonyx

Havent watched any anime in a while and im bored

Hello everybody! Before i get started i would like to thank everybody for taking time to look at this , And apolgize for making another "Im back, entertain me" thread

I want an anime where the main character(is a guy) is... I don't want to say op but that is a good term. I don't want anime where the guy is a complete coward/dumbass. I want a smart, calm, and very powerfull male lead from the get go.

Also I would prefer it (not necessary) if it was magic + romance.
Sci-fi is kinda, meh.
ABSOLUTELY NO MECHS!
It must be dubbed (sorry for people that like subs, i cant stand having to read and pay attention to the story line at the same time)

(And before anybody mentions it, yes I have seen Kaze no stigma)

Below is a list of EVERYTHING i have seen (not just that fit this discription(most of them don't))

Spoiler for Space saver:

Last edited by kaylonyx; 2012-08-08 at 05:49.
kaylonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 06:10   Link #2
Kailar

Histories strongest disciple Kenichi and Hajime no Ippo two of my favs Ignoring your comment of super tough from the start these two both end up tough and it doesnt take too long
Kailar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 09:18   Link #3
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmm... hard request to fill.

Tiger & Bunny is probably your best pick. Not sure if the dub is out yet, though I know it is going to get one.

Blue Exorcist is one of the few I can think of, but unfortunately it does not have a dub.

Gintama is an older show, also focused on comedy. I didn't see it on your list.

There are plenty of others that fill some of the requirements but not all.

The World God Only Knows seems to actually fit all your requirements, but it's not an action show, which you seemed to imply you wanted. Smart, calm, powerful male lead from the get go, magic and romance.

Maybe Kamisama Dolls, although I don't know if it has a dub in the works.

Mawaru-Penguindrum would probably be a good choice, but I don't think it's dubbed yet.

One new dubbed show that you should really check out is Madoka Magica. This is the big hit that everyone has been talking about and it is well worth watching. It doesn't match your request, but I bet you'd still like it. Don't be deceived by the early episodes, give it at least 4 episodes before deciding if you want to watch it all.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 18:54   Link #4
Kirito
Unlimited Flag Works!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito Send a message via Skype™ to Kirito
Quote:
Blue Exorcist is one of the few I can think of, but unfortunately it does not have a dub.
Blue Exorcist just announced a dub not to long ago. A couple of the English dub cast has been revealed, but that's all I know that the moment.

Anyway, why don't you give Tsubasa Chronicles, DN Angel, and Baccano a shot if you haven't seen them of course. They have English dubs so no worries there.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-08-08 at 19:04.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 21:54   Link #5
kaylonyx

Talking

Thank you all for the suggestions i have added all of these to my "to watch" list... Well they ARE my to watch list. Thank you all!!
kaylonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 23:50   Link #6
arachni42

You can try:
Black Butler -- way OP supernatural male lead, though not a lot of romance. It's got some comic elements and serious elements.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya -- snarky male lead with no power but the universe indirectly depends on him. School comedy with the supernatural, some romance, parody.

Princess Tutu -- takes a few episodes (first five seem formulaic but it does not stay that way), involves a male lead who is great with swords, has determination to a fault, and is calm and calculating except when the main character throws him off-balance. Fairy tale magic and some good romance.

Eden of the East -- more of a modern-day suspense genre with some elements of sci-fi (e.g. special absurdly powerful cell phones) but no mechs, and it does have romance and a super clever male lead.

Death Note -- Insanely clever male leads, not so much romance, but it's the type of series that sucks you in.

Baccano (since someone mentioned it) has a huge variety of OP male leads, violent to absurdity. Supernatural ("magic"): yes; romance: only in the background, but it's got some sweet moments. The English dub is awesome.
arachni42 is offline   Reply With Quote