AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-17, 08:49   Link #2141
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

If you can point out which sentences (actually which part) I can try to fix it (hopefully).
Old 2013-07-17, 11:07   Link #2142
Nandesuto

Don't confuse volumes 1-5 (the machine translated part) with volume 6. Volumes 1-5 read perfectly fine in English, but are machine translated, whereas volume 6 was translated by an actual person, but has significant English deficiencies.
Nandesuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 13:57   Link #2143
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Speaking of, when us the next volume scheduled for release
Old 2013-07-17, 13:59   Link #2144
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Speaking of, when us the next volume scheduled for release
According to the BT page, the 25th of July.
Old 2013-07-17, 19:03   Link #2145
Fenrisulfr
最強の剣舞姫

I'm just a bit curious but what's the main difference between a machine translation and a normal one since I remember reading BT translators also use online translators and tools as reference, just wondering. Aww man, just eight more days until madan and seirei, *drools*.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 20:34   Link #2146
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post
I'm just a bit curious but what's the main difference between a machine translation and a normal one since I remember reading BT translators also use online translators and tools as reference, just wondering. Aww man, just eight more days until madan and seirei, *drools*.
Accuracy. Even if you go through and correct the translated portions to have proper grammar and flow, it doesn't mean it's correct. I even refuted some line about rice some pages back that changed the meaning of the sentence a bit.

When translators use online sources as reference, it's usually to determine how to word a line, but the translator is still checking the accuracy. Online sources don't always help.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 22:06   Link #2147
Fenrisulfr
最強の剣舞姫

Thanks for the reply sasuke, I guess I was just interested in how a machine translation works, if the translator did it line by line using a online translator and cross reference it with other online dictionaries would that still be considered machine translation? So does a translator just do everything in his head while holding a physical jpn dictionary? Sorry if this seems like a random question, I just find the line between the two blurry.
Old 2013-07-17, 22:25   Link #2148
sasuke706

Using two online sources usually won't help (they usually don't get along and just help confuse it) in accuracy most the time. Typically, a translator does it all in their head, but if they aren't familiar with either language you can bet they'd have a dictionary and possibly thesaurus on hand. Easier to use online resources than physical ones, though.
Old 2013-07-17, 22:40   Link #2149
Fenrisulfr
最強の剣舞姫

I see now, thanks again, hmm it seems the road to becoming a translator is long and tough, leeching is much easier lol, well I don't want to derail the thread any longer. Yosh, one more week until release...
Old 2013-07-17, 23:32   Link #2150
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Using two online sources usually won't help (they usually don't get along and just help confuse it) in accuracy most the time. Typically, a translator does it all in their head, but if they aren't familiar with either language you can bet they'd have a dictionary and possibly thesaurus on hand. Easier to use online resources than physical ones, though.
From my brief experience, online sources only help to confuse. You will try to edit the translations rather than write up a true, solid translation. Online sources are only used (in my case) when I can't think of the translation for a specific word. If you're translating a whole sentence, it's better to translate it in the mind and write it out.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 05:01   Link #2151
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Online sources are good as a dictionary for lazy people like me XD
Old 2013-07-18, 10:43   Link #2152
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

whixh volume should I start after reading the latest chapter of the manga?
Old 2013-07-18, 10:48   Link #2153
Kirihara_R

^ur talking about the latest translated chapter? or the latest raw ? ..if its the latest translated chapter then start at volume 1 chapter 5 and if its the latest raw chapter , start from vol 3 chapter 2
Kirihara_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 12:39   Link #2154
peinmaximus@

hey guys,down are the two links for the images of vol 7 in the official site(in japanese) of the LN.
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?m=20130719
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?m=20130718
what you think of the images,guys?

Last edited by peinmaximus@; 2013-07-19 at 13:25.
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 15:06   Link #2155
SeaDam

Has Sasha recovered or will that be a flash back of some kind?
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 15:12   Link #2156
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey guys,down are the two links for the images of vol 7 in the official site(in japanese) of the LN.
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?m=20130719
http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?m=20130718
what you think of the images,guys?
Very nice. Though I have to wonder, has the art style changed? Also, I even though I was about 60% sure Tigre & Olga did not really manage to kill the demon general, I still didn't think it would make it's reappearance so soon. This volume and this arc, actually, are shaping up very nicely. This and v11 of StnBD are both looking very good.
Old 2013-07-19, 15:34   Link #2157
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Yeah , somehow Sasha looks a bit ..younger , have short hair

And the way they draw....looks sharper than previous version .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 16:26   Link #2158
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Yeah , somehow Sasha looks a bit ..younger , have short hair

And the way they draw....looks sharper than previous version .
Almost certain it's current time that demon they're fighting looks like Torbalan I doubt any of the current vanadis especially not Ellen have fought against him before.

As for Sasha it's been repeatedly hinted that she is by far the stongest of the current vanadis (Valentina is unknown), my guess is that she's probably just as strong as any of the other vanadis even in her current state.

There's also the possibility that the illness is induced by the demons to incapacitate her seeing as she's probably one of the larger threats to what ever they're planning, and by the time that fight happens they might have neutralised what ever is effecting her allowing her to fight.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 16:59   Link #2159
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDam View Post
Has Sasha recovered or will that be a flash back of some kind?
Seeing as the description quote and one of the spread quotes has her telling the 'flame of her life' to last enough, I'm going with no.
Old 2013-07-19, 18:12   Link #2160
noobarta

Trying to make sense of a couple of images since a few actually threw me off

the one with
Spoiler for spoil:

Last edited by noobarta; 2013-07-19 at 18:35.
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen