AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-14, 10:36   Link #2681
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Thought it would be after tigre met up with Ellen and Lim again... when they camped out at the knight fortress and Lim mentioned a ghost appearing.

So somewhere in the beginning of v5...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 12:18   Link #2682
ImperialFlameGod8190
The Supreme General
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Thought it would be after tigre met up with Ellen and Lim again... when they camped out at the knight fortress and Lim mentioned a ghost appearing.

So somewhere in the beginning of v5...
that's it the ghost was actually valentina apparently it was quite amusing when I learned that
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 19:23   Link #2683
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Thought it would be after tigre met up with Ellen and Lim again... when they camped out at the knight fortress and Lim mentioned a ghost appearing.

So somewhere in the beginning of v5...
I think it was Mira who told Tigre about the ghost , while at the same time, seducing him
__________________

You deserve rest tigre... Rest now...
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 10:08   Link #2684
sapper
harem dimension god
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: harem world
So do you guys think Ellen will break down when she learns of tigres disappearance? Like rias in DXD when issei died?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/tY1NGtR.jpg
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 10:23   Link #2685
holybell84
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post
I think it was Mira who told Tigre about the ghost , while at the same time, seducing him
"Trying to". Thank god he is good at self control.
__________________
Standing Strong
holybell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 10:26   Link #2686
n0m@n
Thanks Patchy for avatar!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Age: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
So do you guys think Ellen will break down when she learns of tigres disappearance? Like rias in DXD when issei died?
Not to that extent. She was devastated, but she didnt have time to be sulking since
Spoiler for v7:
__________________
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 10:53   Link #2687
DrakeKnight
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I don't know why but those numbers don't said that bad maybe Muozinel will sent a train army this time
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:04   Link #2688
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKnight View Post
I don't know why but those numbers don't said that bad maybe Muozinel will sent a train army this time
It wasn't that they were untrained per se. They had traveled a large distance, they were caught by surprise, and then Tigre used every guerrilla tactic possible. Yet they almost won regardless, if not for all the sudden reinforcements, and their failure to achieve their grander objective.

It's also more likely that their army will be LESS trained this time, considering how many they lost to Tigre. which bring up the point, where do they keep getting their soldiers? Conscription? 200,000 people (even if a large portion of them survived Ormea) is a lot to throw at your neighbours in the span of under 5 years, especially for a medieval society like their own.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:06   Link #2689
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Not to that extent. She was devastated, but she didnt have time to be sulking since
Spoiler for v7:
Probably not to breaking down, instead going to pursuit him.

---------------------------------------

From Volume 4 i think General Kreshu wants a retaliation against Tigre and will probably doing the same tactics as before when encountering Silver Meteor Army.

---------------------------------------

What? I thought Leicester was already KIA by Tigre because he's a monster or probably a monster is imposing as Leicester. Was his death not confirmed yet?

This is become worst scenario, Zchted will deploy entire Vanadis in the first place.

Currently total of 120000 vs approximately 40000 and 5 vanadis (That is Sasha is in good condition to fight. Olga, Sophie and Tigre listed as MIA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKnight View Post
I don't know why but those numbers don't said that bad maybe Muozinel will sent a train army this time
Probably the Main Forces and it's likely using full scale assault.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:19   Link #2690
DrakeKnight
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
So conquest of Zchted is time because they attacked last time to enslave and sacking in mind
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 11:28   Link #2691
havensgate
skull one
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: borobudur
tigre is the only one MIA....i think.
maybe muozinel heard about the pirate attack, knew that tigre is missing, and then came with that pincer attack idea
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:12   Link #2692
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
Or there are demons inside muozinel governement/military. If they strive for the same thing, destroying the vanadis, that is highly possible.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:28   Link #2693
Rasen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
I don't think the demons especially care about the Vanadis. They may consider them as potential targets/formidable enemies, but as Vodynoy (the frog demon) illustrated, they care more about the wielders of the Black Bow or even Durandal more than they do about the Viralt.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 12:49   Link #2694
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post

What? I thought Leicester was already KIA by Tigre because he's a monster or probably a monster is imposing as Leicester. Was his death not confirmed yet?

This is become worst scenario, Zchted will deploy entire Vanadis in the first place.

Currently total of 120000 vs approximately 40000 and 5 vanadis (That is Sasha is in good condition to fight. Olga, Sophie and Tigre listed as MIA)



Probably the Main Forces and it's likely using full scale assault.
Nah, it is the same Leicester . He survived the attack from Olga and Tigre and found the pirates from the prince's army i can imagine that right after the war with zhcted ends, the Ellen is going to do everything she can to find Tigre, even to the extent of doing it herself. And no, Sophie and Olga are safe. Tigre is the only one MIA. That is where the problem comes in. This results in an even more devastating ending for Ellen, since she is going to find out that Tigre "sacrificed" himself to save One of Ellen's trusted friend
__________________

You deserve rest tigre... Rest now...
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 16:09   Link #2695
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
None of the demons that appeared so far have died. Not sure how they survived what appear to be a lethal attack.

I would rely on the three vanadis and allies (Asvarre?) for defense in the northern borders while station the majority of ground army over to the south. A pirate army of 20k would have trouble invading further into the kingdom due to the lack of horses, siege equipment, and other supplies way from the coastline.

A giant army of 100k amassing is another problem. It is not something your traditional city can hold as they can launch surprise attacks from multiple directions. As their intention is to plunder, a sizable force can discourage their advances.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 20:08   Link #2696
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: St. Celestina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
None of the demons that appeared so far have died. Not sure how they survived what appear to be a lethal attack.

I would rely on the three vanadis and allies (Asvarre?) for defense in the northern borders while station the majority of ground army over to the south. A pirate army of 20k would have trouble invading further into the kingdom due to the lack of horses, siege equipment, and other supplies way from the coastline.

A giant army of 100k amassing is another problem. It is not something your traditional city can hold as they can launch surprise attacks from multiple directions. As their intention is to plunder, a sizable force can discourage their advances.
It'll be Vanadis first battle on the Navy i think if the pirate attempt to lure them to the Ocean Battle since pirate's superior power was at the sea while Vanadis was at ground except Ellen and Mira can utilize the opportunity at the ocean.

So when Tigre and Mira defeated it the demons is not dead yet and also at the Fort Lux as well. That conclude both demons are not confirmed yet about their death.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 21:04   Link #2697
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
The type of battle against the pirates is also dependent on their goal. Are they going to forcibly take over the port and plunder that? Or are they just going to do coastal raids while setting in caves and islands?

Olga's earth-based powers (minus the axe enlargement portion) are useless at sea. Assuming she is still around she can help in defenses.
I expect Sasha to not be able to stay in combat for long due to her condition. Flames should be great against wooden ships.
Ellen is still rushing in aide, although her wind based attacks are probably the most effective against ships (slash away one ship at a time!).
Eliza's electric whip may also have its effectiveness reduced in the sea unless its in the jiggawatts level (I also doubt a whip's power to destroy ships... but I should stop applying logic to fiction).
Mila is still stationed in her country iirc. This is a wise choice since land based defensive battles are her expertise.

The type of ships the pirates have vs the defending navy can also play a large part. Pirate ships may not be equipped with rams which are meant for naval battles (and a key part of it!). I would expect them to be more along the lines of remodeled merchant ships optimized for cargo and speed, with cruel equipment for boarding enemy vessels. So a 20k force aboard 400 vessels might be able to be fended off with merely 100 warships. The number of defenders can be even lower if archers are available (I get the impression that the pirates are the traditional ones more suitable for melee combat, which are kind of useless at sea).

I assume gunpowder weapons are unavailable in the world.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 21:37   Link #2698
noobarta
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The type of battle against the pirates is also dependent on their goal. Are they going to forcibly take over the port and plunder that? Or are they just going to do coastal raids while setting in caves and islands?

Olga's earth-based powers (minus the axe enlargement portion) are useless at sea. Assuming she is still around she can help in defenses.
I expect Sasha to not be able to stay in combat for long due to her condition. Flames should be great against wooden ships.
Ellen is still rushing in aide, although her wind based attacks are probably the most effective against ships (slash away one ship at a time!).
Eliza's electric whip may also have its effectiveness reduced in the sea unless its in the jiggawatts level (I also doubt a whip's power to destroy ships... but I should stop applying logic to fiction).
Mila is still stationed in her country iirc. This is a wise choice since land based defensive battles are her expertise.

The type of ships the pirates have vs the defending navy can also play a large part. Pirate ships may not be equipped with rams which are meant for naval battles (and a key part of it!). I would expect them to be more along the lines of remodeled merchant ships optimized for cargo and speed, with cruel equipment for boarding enemy vessels. So a 20k force aboard 400 vessels might be able to be fended off with merely 100 warships. The number of defenders can be even lower if archers are available (I get the impression that the pirates are the traditional ones more suitable for melee combat, which are kind of useless at sea).

I assume gunpowder weapons are unavailable in the world.
under the same opinion, but they still have catapults, and thinking medieval times atm. There should still be barrels of oil available to them I think
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 09:30   Link #2699
Lender
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Age: 26
Why vol 1 to 5 was so easy to read and vol 6 seens like it it was translated with a very strong accent? Don't know why but i need to read some parts two or three times to fully understand what is written.

This Vol 6 was revised by editors ? Is like i said, i can read it, but i need much more concentration, its like trying to listen someone with a very strong accent.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 10:07   Link #2700
Rasen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lender View Post
Why vol 1 to 5 was so easy to read and vol 6 seens like it it was translated with a very strong accent? Don't know why but i need to read some parts two or three times to fully understand what is written.

This Vol 6 was revised by editors ? Is like i said, i can read it, but i need much more concentration, its like trying to listen someone with a very strong accent.
...Must...resist....urge...to make...obvious comment.....

Anyway, the reason for the difference is there were different translators. One guy used Google or something to machine translate, but then also knew enough to correct all the errors.

The other one was translated by someone else (and possibly from Chinese, I'm not sure). It has had many people make editing suggestions to make parts clearer, but it's difficult to make suggestions if you don't have access to the raws or can't read Japanese.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.