AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Old 2013-08-18, 23:51   Link #2741
Flying Dagger
覇道/希求を胸中に抱いて

Rifle are advanced weapons!
The existence of cannons though, can already change how things function.
Explosives also have a lot of other uses: powder kegs for example, can be used to blow up dams, and can still be used as mine traps on the battlefield.

Before gunpowder there are also other incendiary devices. Fire seem to be quite underused in madan as well.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 23:57   Link #2742
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Rifle are advanced weapons!
The existence of cannons though, can already change how things function.
Explosives also have a lot of other uses: powder kegs for example, can be used to blow up dams, and can still be used as mine traps on the battlefield.

Before gunpowder there are also other incendiary devices. Fire seem to be quite underused in madan as well.
One of the issues is that gunpowder might exist in some alchemists workshop, as stuff that explodes. But applying it to weapons, let alone producing the many tons of it needed for bombards and bombs is quite different.

Early gunpowders were also very dangerous to make, the consistency was not too good and the power was not as good as what came a few hundred years later. So I don't think we will see it at all.

However incendiary weaponry would be a nice thing to see, along with more heavy use of crossbow troops in standard formations. It would be much stronger if used in tight defensive possitions.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 00:14   Link #2743
DrakeKnight

Basic Rifled Gun are God like weapons if introduce in 15th century not only fires farther then any bow or crossbow but also can arm and don't require usage of stamina like the bows and crossbow. On mass it become killing mechine. And that not even Rifled Cannons

Rifles are the major difference between 17th century gunpower warfare where people line up in a line and shoot at the enemy line hoping to hit a few guys at 200 yards to 19th century where France and Europe where loses went up.
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 05:12   Link #2744
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakeKnight View Post
Basic Rifled Gun are God like weapons if introduce in 15th century not only fires farther then any bow or crossbow but also can arm and don't require usage of stamina like the bows and crossbow. On mass it become killing mechine. And that not even Rifled Cannons

Rifles are the major difference between 17th century gunpower warfare where people line up in a line and shoot at the enemy line hoping to hit a few guys at 200 yards to 19th century where France and Europe where loses went up.
Tigre + rifle = AAAAIIIMBOOOOOTTTT V2.0!!!!

that aside, if someone went and invented the needle gun or something similar to Von Dreyse's model, then that would be the day.

that aside, wasnt the Muonziel(?) army sort of mobility reliant? if so, then they have the advantage of getting in close but I doubt they can chug up a barrage of arrows.
Old 2013-08-19, 05:40   Link #2745
kampfer91

But he still needs to reload the riffle and someone have pointed out that it is not...quite fast .

Tigre only takes a few sec to get a new arrow to fire .

Unless the gun itself is a dragon made gun that actually can auto reload and auto manufacture bullet .

Imotou-chan definition : the one who won't hand over her onii-sama to any woman .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 07:24   Link #2746
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

^if Tigre got his hands on that kind of gun he would be invincible,gun's power+Tigre's accuracy = Godlike
Old 2013-08-19, 09:18   Link #2747
whitecloud
Banned

Give tigre sniper rifle....Then, even a normal one will do wonder
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 09:21   Link #2748
ZeKeR
somewhere in the armory

if physics would troll, then a pure firebolt shot out of a dragon made gun would not have any penetration but instead be searing hot enough for incendiary shots. for the most part, Tigre is heavily reliant on arrow pen and given his already hax stats, even the thickest of armor can be penned in the weak chink by his standard longbow (I believe there were IRL stats of the English Longbow that was reputed to pen armor using bodkin tips) since using the black bow is like putting HE material on the arrowhead and each time he uses HE-esque shots the bow "borrows" his life force.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:39   Link #2749
Rasen

Rifles would not help Tigre.

In this world, most people can only fire at MOST 200 alsin, and that's with no accuracy. The average effective range is 150 alsin.

Rifles mean that everyone would fires the same distance, even Tigre. So that only leaves accuracy. And old-time bullets (those buckshot) were terribly inaccurate, because they were just spheres being fired from poorly shaped tubes. Think of a baseball being thrown with no spin.

IIRC, guns didn't get accurate until they were machine-shaped (for reliability) and they had the cylindrical bullet shape (also machine-shaped for reliability) they have now, because then they also learned to fire the bullets in a spiral so that they resist easily changing direction like the buckshot would.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 20:49   Link #2750
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

For Rifles, i think it was when at Battle of Waterloo, England perfects the Rifles, capable of sniper Rifle which the rounds are spinning inside barrel while it was fired to the target. that was around 2-4 century after development of rifles. With that they can fire range up to 500 Alsin.

Rifles got varies back then, either it was short barreled or long barreled. Usually long barreled holds more accuracy but lack of stabilization and high recoil.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 21:35   Link #2751
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Give tigre sniper rifle....Then, even a normal one will do wonder
Sooner or later, we will delve further into the future and give Tigre the control to a satelite orbiting above the enemy for an orbital stroke -_-

To me at the moment, Tigre is more or less a Legolas with a hax bow that can drill giant cavities into a reinforced amoured door.
Old 2013-08-19, 21:43   Link #2752
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

If Tigre gets a sniper rifle, he would be like Reki from Hidan no Aria

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 22:12   Link #2753
Yami no Ou
ダークフレイムマスター

^thats if the rifle can match the modern ones like now,but considering their time the rifles would be of bad quality
Old 2013-08-20, 04:21   Link #2754
Murakumo

From how Nobunaga utilized his musket-bearing ashigarus at Nagashino (1575), the fired projectile can only penetrate armor effectively at 50 metres, perhaps shorter distance with thicker armors - reloading sucks up time far more than preparing the bolts for a longbow and if they're facing fast waves of skirmishers or cavalry without anything to slow the latter, musketers become sitting ducks fast with massive human wave attack, even if they're arranged in columns. Tigre's better off with a longbow then.

Of course, physics always gets trolled so hard in this series

I'm kinda thinking that the 20k scallywags army shouldn't pose a real trouble. Assuming that they'll concentrate on plundering coastal towns than invading in earnest under a unified command with strong discipline, the smaller Zhcted army (I'm thinking up to 5000 at most due to the invading Muozinels) can do several things like lulling the enemy's alertness (e.g.: trick the enemy by making it as if the Zhcted army abandoned the coastal towns in chaos, leaving a fair portion of supplies to loot - especially grogs) then launching swift night raids with a portion of light cavalry + infantry to disorient the enemy, then have a larger contingent of troops to stabilize the grip and help push the enemy off the coast.

The 100k Muozinel troops are certainly very challenging. If there is a sizable number of slave conscript units in the army composition, they could be indirectly incited to revolt if morale is sufficiently lowered. This could be done via frequent raids to the Muozinel's supply lines / luring out troops into ambush positions. Fooling scouts into obtaining false intel on Zhcted army deployments, formations, and positions would be advantageous as well to confuse the enemy and building up surprise element for an eventual surprise attack.

Alternatively if forced to a direct engagement, sufficient number of enemy troops could be lured to thin out defenses around the enemy commander / main camp. This would require the lured out troops to be pinned (e.g.: encirclement a la Cannae, and perhaps have archers and stone throwers at elevated and protected / hard-to-access positions like cliffs or hills at the flanks for a cross-fire a la Agincourt) so that they cant be recalled to defend the main camp once the Zhcted raiding unit strikes

My 2-cents anyways

Last edited by Murakumo; 2013-08-20 at 04:39.
Murakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 15:10   Link #2755
redsnigami

ask

cank iask someone please a summary like the old ones in this vol not translation of the novel too much hard and takes time only a summary like the vol 1 -5 in baka tsuki pleasee!!
redsnigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 17:24   Link #2756
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnigami View Post
cank iask someone please a summary like the old ones in this vol not translation of the novel too much hard and takes time only a summary like the vol 1 -5 in baka tsuki pleasee!!
head over to jcafe24.net. There are summaries inside there.

You deserve rest tigre... Rest now...
Leonardunitylim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 02:13   Link #2757
dragonsense

still waiting for volume07 chapter1
dragonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 03:26   Link #2758
whitecloud
Banned

Yup....our saviour is not done yet...
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 08:02   Link #2759
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsense View Post
I have already finished translating, so what left now is to edit it. And it go fast, I will surely post it on BT in the end of this week.
And it's not to blame you, but you must also understand that I'm a Student, so I had to write a Report this last month for my uni. Therefore, I could not do it fast.
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 08:25   Link #2760
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsense View Post
Thank you, Captain Obvious.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen