AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-25, 02:15   Link #2781
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Ganelon and Drekavac are monsters indeed. Drekavac can tame Dragon and we already know that Drekavac is monster because he can tame Dragon.

If Tigre meets Mira and Ellen, i think those two are having quarrel over Tigre again XD. Ellen probably just simply glomping and hugging him while Mira probably will not do what Ellen will do.

Chapter 7 probably Sasha is already well-recovered from illness and joining the war looking from the illustrations. Who's the oldest of Vanadis anyway? I forgot.. Youngest one is Olga and Eldest is.. Sophie or Sasha?
Sasha did not recover. More like she forced her body to fight because of the obligation as a vanadis

To the end of time...i will stay by you...Ti...gr..e
Leonardunitylim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 13:14   Link #2782
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

^ Isnt that one of the most obvious death flags?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 14:11   Link #2783
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
^ Isnt that one of the most obvious death flags?
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Old 2013-08-25, 15:59   Link #2784
borisdrakoni

It really all depends on which direction the author wants to go with the story. Sadly, the point the story has reached now is probably the best time to kill Sasha off. With the country heading toward turmoil on multiple fronts, the ensuing chaos will probably be when Valentina starts making her move. Getting rid of the strongest Vanadis at that point would be a huge boon for her schemes. Of course then we'd have to deal with either
a) a new character chosen to be the next Vanadis, which is a wild card for either side. Or,
b) a familiar character chosen to take Sasha's place. Most arrows point to Lim here.

On the other hand, Sasha's survival will require some rather heavy deus ex machina on the author's part. Current predicament aside, the terminal illness thing puts a huge damper on what she can do as a character.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 16:19   Link #2785
Mars Mode

Is there any marine creature known for having a cure for ilnesses among the (is it slavic?) miths, like the tears of a phoenix.
Old 2013-08-25, 19:52   Link #2786
Rasen

Sure. Mermaids, Narwhales,....

Even today, there are probably still people who tout the benefits of ambergris.
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 00:40   Link #2787
Jirachier

I wish the author would give Tigre the ability to create energy-like arrows with the same amount of power as a regular arrow just so he can fight without having a limit of a few dozens hits at best in a battle.
Jirachier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 02:51   Link #2788
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I wish the author would give Tigre the ability to create energy-like arrows with the same amount of power as a regular arrow just so he can fight without having a limit of a few dozens hits at best in a battle.
..Not gonna happen. He isn't gonna get a random power up like some shounen manga . He probably have to go through some tough (i mean real tough like shaving off his life or something just to gain that power) ordeal to attain that kind of power.

Old 2013-08-26, 03:10   Link #2789
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardunitylim View Post
..Not gonna happen. He isn't gonna get a random power up like some shounen manga . He probably have to go through some tough (i mean real tough like shaving off his life or something just to gain that power) ordeal to attain that kind of power.
well i don't care how but he really should get it.
The author tries to show that archery is underestimated and all but really he isn't giving Tigre much to work with, he is limited by the number of arrows he has and when he is fighting those demons or ANY strong opponent he needs another Vanadis to help him do so, as far as I'm concerned he has destructive power but that is all.
Old 2013-08-26, 04:39   Link #2790
borisdrakoni

Quote:
well i don't care how but he really should get it.
The author tries to show that archery is underestimated and all but really he isn't giving Tigre much to work with, he is limited by the number of arrows he has and when he is fighting those demons or ANY strong opponent he needs another Vanadis to help him do so, as far as I'm concerned he has destructive power but that is all.
That's why Tigre's a general instead of just a common soldier. Since the first volume he's always kept somebody close by when he could with extra quivers. The point isn't really to emphasize his individual skills as an archer, though, but rather his ability to control the flow of battle as a commander. Even if he had unlimited ammunition at his disposal he's still basically defenseless while taking aim and firing, so you will almost never see a situation where he's engaged in a one-on-one fight. As I recall, there have only been three instances where he has fought completely alone. The first time he flat out lost. The second time he managed to win with skill. The third time he barely won by luck.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 06:07   Link #2791
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
That's why Tigre's a general instead of just a common soldier. Since the first volume he's always kept somebody close by when he could with extra quivers. The point isn't really to emphasize his individual skills as an archer, though, but rather his ability to control the flow of battle as a commander. Even if he had unlimited ammunition at his disposal he's still basically defenseless while taking aim and firing, so you will almost never see a situation where he's engaged in a one-on-one fight. As I recall, there have only been three instances where he has fought completely alone. The first time he flat out lost. The second time he managed to win with skill. The third time he barely won by luck.
I actually think the author is trying to showcast the prowess of the characters both as an individual fighter and as commanders, otherwise there wouldn't have been any reason to create these magical items and make fighters who can take on hundreds of opponents.
Tigre flat out loses to the rest, I still see him as weak overall, the Vanadis are better fighters and they have their own armies and are good at using him, Tigre so far got saved several times by them without that being in his calculations when he fought and he doesn't even have his own army.
Old 2013-08-26, 13:05   Link #2792
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

And that's why he uses things like guerrilla tactics really well, because he knows his limitations and how to work around them. Also, it's kind of unfair to measure the battle experience of a rural lord with, (is it about 3 now?) few years of experience in combat against a group of the 7 strongest in a nation with years of experience, training, proper upbringings, and vastly larger access to resources, territory and soldiers...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 13:32   Link #2793
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad001 View Post
And that's why he uses things like guerrilla tactics really well, because he knows his limitations and how to work around them. Also, it's kind of unfair to measure the battle experience of a rural lord with, (is it about 3 now?) few years of experience in combat against a group of the 7 strongest in a nation with years of experience, training, proper upbringings, and vastly larger access to resources, territory and soldiers...
Which is why I said I want him to be able to generate arrows with his black bow that way at least his individual combat strength will increase.
As for him being a leader and all, to be honest I don't think he will ever progress that much, we're 7 volumes in the series and he doesn't even have any real follower, the vanadis are his allies, not his subordinates and he's probably just going to be given an army every time there is a conflict and then it's removed from under his command, plus considering this is a harem series the author will keep making the vanadis come to his rescue, he will probably never be completely self reliant.
Old 2013-08-26, 13:54   Link #2794
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Which is why I said I want him to be able to generate arrows with his black bow that way at least his individual combat strength will increase.
As for him being a leader and all, to be honest I don't think he will ever progress that much, we're 7 volumes in the series and he doesn't even have any real follower, the vanadis are his allies, not his subordinates and he's probably just going to be given an army every time there is a conflict and then it's removed from under his command, plus considering this is a harem series the author will keep making the vanadis come to his rescue, he will probably never be completely self reliant.
To be honest, he doesn't really need to be an individualized leader per se, he could just be the glue that causes the Vanadis to agree and for the various nations to find peace. So long as he's able to delegate, he could leave actual leadership to his allies and subordinates and merely control their directives.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 01:32   Link #2795
rickiminato

what is the name of the seven vanadis according to the images of the covers of the light novels?
which vanadis are bad?
Old 2013-08-27, 04:27   Link #2796
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
what is the name of the seven vanadis according to the images of the covers of the light novels?
which vanadis are bad?
Accordance to vanadis of image covers
- Eleanora viltaria (Ellen, closest relationship to Tigre as of now ... Me support :P)
- Ludmira/lyudmila Lurie (Mira)
- Sophia Obertas (Sophie)
- Alexandra Alshavin/arushavin (Sasha)
- Valentina Glinka Estes (don't know her nickname yet)
- Olga Tamm(Olga)
- Elizavetta Fomina(don't know nickname yet)
There are no evil vanadis. Only vanadis's with no clear distinction of good or bad for us readers .. Only Elizavetta and Valentina fall under this category

Old 2013-08-27, 09:12   Link #2797
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
which vanadis are bad?
Bad Vanadis? My guess is Ludmira and Ellen. Both of them always quarreling over time when they met especially when fighting over Tigre which Tigre always shocked when those two are fighting XD.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 13:27   Link #2798
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Bad Vanadis? My guess is Ludmira and Ellen. Both of them always quarreling over time when they met especially when fighting over Tigre which Tigre always shocked when those two are fighting XD.
Their in love Tigre is naÔve that kinda comes with the territory
ImperialFlameGod8190 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 09:04   Link #2799
Leonardunitylim
Avid Fan of Madan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Their in love Tigre is naÔve that kinda comes with the territory
I think it literally meant crazy. The "soup" fight for example in vol 5 where if tigre side with either ellen or mira would cause a Vanadis fight of the century just because "They believe that their tea(mira) / soup(ellen) was the supposedly referred choice of item for tigre"

Old 2013-08-29, 23:20   Link #2800
Yye1
Member of Little Busters

It still baffles me how all the Vanadis finds Tigre's sleeping face adorable/attractive

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen