AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-20, 18:33   Link #281
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
First time I saw this thread, everyone was talking about how it wasn't really a harem series, it focused on the war, etc.

Now everyone keeps talking about the heroines and their interactions with Tigre.

Not complaining, just thought it was funny.
Haha, the reason is due to our great lord above giving us either only combat summaries or only relationship interaction summaries. Harem still makes up very little of the light novel.. I can see why it'd be funny though!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 20:17   Link #282
havensgate
skull one
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: borobudur
is tigre ever has his own troop? i mean like in the beginning where he has 100 man from alsace alone.
in my impression, his troop always been borrowed troop. well its awesome in its own way
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 20:20   Link #283
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig View Post
Is there any manga and light novel series out there that end with polygamy (true harem end) out there? This LN have original story where the archer married seven princess. Hopefully by the end of this Tigre will end up with all seven Vanadis plus few extra more.
Kanokon (at least the manga and anime) end with a three way relationship between the MC, his girlfriend, and his (self-proclaimed) mistress.

Yomiero Choice (it's a gag border-line H manga) ends with a Harem. How big it is depends on if you count his kids from the future (Yeah, it's that kind of series).

HighSchool DxD was confirmed by the author after vol 3 to be an eventual Harem End.

Campione was more or less solidified as a Harem End after vol 7. (Youth Form ftw.)

Sekirei seems to be heading towards one, unless all but one of the girls die...

It'd be cool if this one ended that way, but who knows? From the summaries, this seems like an Open End to me. Hopefully I'm wrong.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 20:26   Link #284
Athena
The Power of One
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
is tigre ever has his own troop? i mean like in the beginning where he has 100 man from alsace alone.
in my impression, his troop always been borrowed troop. well its awesome in its own way
IIRC, he has a militia or whatever from his own village. But it might have been temporary.
__________________
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 20:56   Link #285
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under the Hell and Above the Heaven
Send a message via Skype™ to HasNoLove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Yes. Her spear exudes this hostile coldness at Tigre, compared to Elen's long sword, which sends out winds that caress Tigre.
as if that spear has tsundere personality.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Spoiler:
care to explain..???
__________________
HasNoLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 21:26   Link #286
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
First time I saw this thread, everyone was talking about how it wasn't really a harem series, it focused on the war, etc.

Now everyone keeps talking about the heroines and their interactions with Tigre.

Not complaining, just thought it was funny.
To put it in perspective; all those bits of heroine interaction and humor? It only comprises roughly 20% of volume 4 compared to the political action and medieval warfare, and that's how it's been with every volume thus far. Most of it is also in character/has a purpose and not just thrown in, making them more important than the usual vapid fan service scenes found in other works.

Plus, I merely included that bit with the heroines in a test to see which would people prioritize and flock to more; the action or the heroine lovecom bits. Guess I got my answer, though I don't have to necessarily like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
is tigre ever has his own troop? i mean like in the beginning where he has 100 man from alsace alone.
in my impression, his troop always been borrowed troop. well its awesome in its own way
He still has his own troops. Plus he's not borrowing troops so much as rallying them to his cause; think Suikoden-level awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
IIRC, he has a militia or whatever from his own village. But it might have been temporary.
His Alsace troops are still part of Silvmeteor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Kanokon (at least the manga and anime) end with a three way relationship between the MC, his girlfriend, and his (self-proclaimed) mistress.

Yomiero Choice (it's a gag border-line H manga) ends with a Harem. How big it is depends on if you count his kids from the future (Yeah, it's that kind of series).

HighSchool DxD was confirmed by the author after vol 3 to be an eventual Harem End.

Campione was more or less solidified as a Harem End after vol 7. (Youth Form ftw.)

Sekirei seems to be heading towards one, unless all but one of the girls die...

It'd be cool if this one ended that way, but who knows? From the summaries, this seems like an Open End to me. Hopefully I'm wrong.
The story is still building up, so who knows how it will end on that note.
---
Time for Volume 5. After that, I'm moving on to 黒鋼の魔紋修復士.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 21:56   Link #287
willx
Nyaaan~~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
To put it in perspective; all those bits of heroine interaction and humor? It only comprises roughly 20% of volume 4 compared to the political action and medieval warfare, and that's how it's been with every volume thus far. Most of it is also in character/has a purpose and not just thrown in, making them more important than the usual vapid fan service scenes found in other works.

Plus, I merely included that bit with the heroines in a test to see which would people prioritize and flock to more; the action or the heroine lovecom bits. Guess I got my answer, though I don't have to necessarily like it.
Don't despair Erhjegel! There's plenty of us waiting with bated breath to find out more of the politics and the military manoeuvring!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 22:34   Link #288
Belgaesh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: At the Intersection of Life
Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Don't despair Erhjegel! There's plenty of us waiting with bated breath to find out more of the politics and the military manoeuvring!
I'm one of the ones that actually likes the action more than the rest.

I really want to know what future awaits Tigre and his team.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 00:33   Link #289
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
I like both the action and the heroine interaction =w= tho I'm completely fine with the way the novel is going atm, lots of politics and military (and Tigre-style awesome moments) but at the same time there's still those little romance here and there =w=
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:05   Link #290
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I like both the action and the heroine interaction =w= tho I'm completely fine with the way the novel is going atm, lots of politics and military (and Tigre-style awesome moments) but at the same time there's still those little romance here and there =w=
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I dislike it. I like both of those elements in the story.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:11   Link #291
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Umm.
Spoiler for VS Red Beard:
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:16   Link #292
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I dislike it. I like both of those elements in the story.
Ya I know you like it a lot XD, on the other hand if this is either a full romance or a full military/politic novel I actually might not like it as much =w=
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:29   Link #293
havensgate
skull one
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: borobudur
in my opinion this ln similiar to arpeggio of blue steel, which is one of my favorite series. romance part is just sweetener in the otherwise brutal warfare and politics
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:37   Link #294
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Ya I know you like it a lot XD, on the other hand if this is either a full romance or a full military/politic novel I actually might not like it as much =w=
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Umm.
Spoiler for VS Red Beard:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
in my opinion this ln similiar to arpeggio of blue steel, which is one of my favorite series. romance part is just sweetener in the otherwise brutal warfare and politics
Seconded. I think of the romance and fanservice as rewards to those who follow the story and characters closely. It really pays off well in this instance.
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:40   Link #295
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Lol I better start reading vol 4 =w= starting to get lost in this....unless this is in vol 5 then I will have to humbly give up XD
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:43   Link #296
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Lol I better start reading vol 4 =w= starting to get lost in this....unless this is in vol 5 then I will have to humbly give up XD
Nah, it's all in Volume 4. I'm just about to start on Volume 5 myself! <3
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:48   Link #297
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 2D world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Nah, it's all in Volume 4. I'm just about to start on Volume 5 myself! <3
Guess I'll quickly finish whatever Im reading right now and get on to vol 4 XD saving the best for last =P
__________________
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 01:49   Link #298
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere close to Valhalla
Age: 24
Umm. Who are Voljenoi and Drakov? I saw their names come up a lot but I didn't bother ask about them.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 02:00   Link #299
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 大陸の片隅
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Umm. Who are Voljenoi and Drakov? I saw their names come up a lot but I didn't bother ask about them.
Spoiler:
__________________
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 21:43   Link #300
blackwhite67
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Ahhh. Important princess turns out to be childhood friend. Well done.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.