AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 00:48   Link #421
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havensgate View Post
hell..thats why i pick this ln the girls beautiful, interesting story, thrilling battle, a little bit of romance, and more importantly BIG BOOBS

verdict: 9/10 a good read for me
I can't get use to the new illustrations ( vol 5 ), I just can't get use to it....
Old 2012-09-27, 01:02   Link #422
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Finally wrapping up Volume 5. It's been a fun ride for the first arc of Madan no Ou to Vanadis; definitely looking forward to the second arc.

Spoiler:

*sniff* It's been such a fun ride. Now the arduous wait for Volume 6 begins.

Edit 1: LOL Regin. "After three years, please don't forget to give back Tigre, okay."

I also laughed hard at how disgruntled Elen and Mira were during the parade honoring Tigre, as well as Elen and Mila's excuses. That and Elen's plan to keep Tigre stuck with her for three more years, hahaha.

Edit 2:
Spoiler:

Now moving on with my reading to 黒鋼の魔紋修復士.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-27 at 01:34.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 03:07   Link #423
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
I can't get use to the new illustrations ( vol 5 ), I just can't get use to it....
Yeah, the ilustrations look a bit off and more resembling manga ilustration than LN. I wonder what happened with the original Ilustrator.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 03:23   Link #424
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Yeah, the ilustrations look a bit off and more resembling manga ilustration than LN. I wonder what happened with the original Ilustrator.
I thought it was already mentioned multiple times that the original illustrator got sick and they brought in the manga drawer as an emergency backup.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 04:36   Link #425
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
I thought it was already mentioned multiple times that the original illustrator got sick and they brought in the manga drawer as an emergency backup.
Ya I know but I just can't get use to it lol, hopefully the original will get back soon >_<
Old 2012-09-27, 05:43   Link #426
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Just wondering. What's the most difficulty in reading this series? Is it on author's writing style (e.g. Utsuro no Hako)? or terminologies (e.g. Campione)?
In my opinion, it's because for 1, you have no idea how these screwed up names were created. In terms of action describing though, Campione is harder. But none of these two are like Shana, meaning that they use more simple terms and words.
Old 2012-09-27, 22:52   Link #427
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Manga artist isn't too bad personally; just that his/her work is better off with the manga because of the stylistic approach there. That said, Vol. 5 illustrations grew on me after some time.

Here's to looking forward to seeing Elizabetha/Alexandra coming to Tigre's aid in Asvarre via sea route somewhere in the second arc, more of the mythology, and to more of the political maneuverings (Tigre, a Brune Hero, with Zhcted ties due to being Elen's prisoner/property, in Asvarre foreign soil participating in a war; yeah, that's definitely going to be very messy) with cloak-and-dagger diplomacy (Elen, a Zhcted Vanadis, sending Tigre, a Brune Hero, to Asvarre, definitely hints that she's got some plans just like with Alsace).
Old 2012-09-27, 23:59   Link #428
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Manga artist isn't too bad personally; just that his/her work is better off with the manga because of the stylistic approach there. That said, Vol. 5 illustrations grew on me after some time.

Here's to looking forward to seeing Elizabetha/Alexandra coming to Tigre's aid in Asvarre via sea route somewhere in the second arc, more of the mythology, and to more of the political maneuverings (Tigre, a Brune Hero, with Zhcted ties due to being Elen's prisoner/property, in Asvarre foreign soil participating in a war; yeah, that's definitely going to be very messy) with cloak-and-dagger diplomacy (Elen, a Zhcted Vanadis, sending Tigre, a Brune Hero, to Asvarre, definitely hints that she's got some plans just like with Alsace).
Well I don't think it's bad but just not use to it, it's like reading something in manga/light novel then u see it animated and it looks completely different forexample

Ooo second arc sound so exciting! lots of hidden plans and conspiracy here and there >_<
Old 2012-09-28, 10:16   Link #429
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ I'm actually particularly excited about the fact that they're expanding the world. By the end of Vol 2 we've seen more of Brune and different parts of Zchted (Elen and Lyudmira's territories) and now the theatre is getting bigger and bigger!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 10:38   Link #430
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Me, I'm looking forward to Tigre having all seven Vanadis becoming his wives and establishing his own kingdom, while seeing all the politics that would unfold as they lead to this. The seven Vanadis falling for him is a given; it's just a question of when, a bit of why, and how.

Finding out more about the conspiratorial myth and elements working in the background is definitely a must, too.

Of course, once Tigre gets his own kingdom and the seven Vanadis with him...gotta wonder what kind of enemies he'll be facing at that point.
Old 2012-09-28, 10:41   Link #431
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Me, I'm looking forward to Tigre having all seven Vanadis becoming his wives and establishing his own kingdom, while seeing all the politics that would unfold as they lead to this. The seven Vanadis falling for him is a given; it's just a question of when, a bit of why, and how.
Even if Tigre were to become a King and marrying 7 Vanadis, probably he will just leave the works to them and go sleeping or hunting
Old 2012-09-28, 10:42   Link #432
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Even if Tigre were to become a King and marrying 7 Vanadis, probably he will just leave the works to them and go sleeping or hunting
Just the way he (and his seven wives[-to-be]) would want it.
Old 2012-09-28, 11:04   Link #433
Belgaesh

Quote:
Of course, once Tigre gets his own kingdom and the seven Vanadis with him...gotta wonder what kind of enemies he'll be facing at that point.
The Vanadis will fight over Tigre, of course. Tigre next opponents will be very hard, indeed.

I was thinking that while Tigre will get the seven Vanadis, it doesn't mean that it will be the same ones we know. It's possible that some may die, even though I find that almost impossible to happen.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 11:08   Link #434
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
The Vanadis will fight over Tigre, of course. Tigre next opponents will be very hard, indeed.

I was thinking that while Tigre will get the seven Vanadis, it doesn't mean that it will be the same ones we know. It's possible that some may die, even though I find that almost impossible to happen.
I hope it wouldn't happen. Killing a heroine is the same as summoning fans's rage. Heck, i even understand that some of us interested in Madan no Ou because of the heroines and their unique viralts even more than Tigre, the MC himself.
Old 2012-09-28, 11:13   Link #435
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post

Hahaha! I'm sure Tigre will find a way to have diplomatic arrangements with all seven. Then again, considering what the Archer went through in the original folklore (getting locked up by the princesses so they can have him for themselves) and with the parts the author is using as inspiration...

I don't think Kawaguchi Tsukasa will kill off any of the current Vanadis. It'd be a shame to waste all their character developments (Elen, Mila and Sophia have undergone certain degrees of character development, while Sasha, Elizabetha and Valentina's planned developments have been hinted at) just for new faces. I'm certain Tigre and his currently-allied Vanadis will fight those yet-allied Vanadis because of self-agendas and political circumstances, but I don't think any of them will die to make way for new faces with vastly less character depth.

Speaking of which, I'm going to laugh my ass off if Tigre ends up encountering Olga in Asvarre.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-09-28 at 11:35.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 13:25   Link #436
MPS645

Can i ask what folklore is it form?
MPS645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 14:59   Link #437
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS645 View Post
Can i ask what folklore is it form?
I think the author mentioned that he got an old book about the old Slavic folklore from his friend in Eastern Europe. Those in Czech and Slovakia. It's not very well known and mostly forgotten. Hell, you can't just google it, it's that un-well know.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 21:06   Link #438
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Pretty much.

While the author used the same characters and personalities in the folklore, he also built upon them at the same time. for example; making Lyudmila a noble who holds high standards for herself and the other Vanadis; turning Alexandra's fake illness into a mysterious one; or making Elenore and Elizabetha rivals.
Old 2012-09-29, 04:19   Link #439
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

BTW, I wonder why Elizabetha makes Ellen her rival and tries to compete against her at everything...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 04:38   Link #440
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
BTW, I wonder why Elizabetha makes Ellen her rival and tries to compete against her at everything...
It goes back to their parents. Don't remember the details, but Ellen's mother prevented Elizabetha's mother from looting something.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen