AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-11-22, 07:35   Link #801
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Can anyone tell me how much the money worth is?

The ransom for Tigre are 700.000 Denier (silver) = equal = 3 years tax of Alsace

And The reward for Zhcted 50.000 Gold.
Well, Gold is worth more than Silver; we have no official conversion, and the 700 000 was manga, not LN I think (I don't recall seeing a value in the LN).

Also, it was 50 000 Gold on top of paying for full expenses of the war, and, while they did not receive Alsace (It was jointly controlled by Ellen and Regin, rather than Zhcted and Brune), they did get Agnes in its place. Though a somewhat crap territory that was arid, I believe it was much larger than Alsace, so it's questionable whether the trade was even or not.

Even if 700 000 silver > 50 000 gold, I think Zhcted got a better deal in the end.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:13   Link #802
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
If Tigre charmed all the remaining Vanadis then that makes him the undisputed ruler of Zhcted furthermore he is unofficial engage to Regin making him king of Brune. If all goes well he might also conquer Asvarre maybe by the end of the Novel he will be either dead or the King of all lands making him the supreme ruler of all.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 09:35   Link #803
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
If Tigre charmed all the remaining Vanadis then that makes him the undisputed ruler of Zhcted furthermore he is unofficial engage to Regin making him king of Brune. If all goes well he might also conquer Asvarre maybe by the end of the Novel he will be either dead or the King of all lands making him the supreme ruler of all.
Who is Regin? Is she mentioned in the present volumes? Wait wait Don't tell. Let me read at my pace.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 12:24   Link #804
Awrya
U mad?
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Just read through all 5 volumes, this is pretty interesting.

There are only 5 volumes on B-T, when is Vol.6 going to be published?
In the epilogue of Vol.5 it says that it has been half a year since he started living in LeitMeritz, so as of now it has been a whole year since Vol.1?
__________________
Awrya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 12:42   Link #805
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just read through all 5 volumes, this is pretty interesting.

There are only 5 volumes on B-T, when is Vol.6 going to be published?
In the epilogue of Vol.5 it says that it has been half a year since he started living in LeitMeritz, so as of now it has been a whole year since Vol.1?
By the way it was not mentioned but did he bring along Teita in LeitMeritz?
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 13:18   Link #806
noobarta
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just read through all 5 volumes, this is pretty interesting.

There are only 5 volumes on B-T, when is Vol.6 going to be published?
In the epilogue of Vol.5 it says that it has been half a year since he started living in LeitMeritz, so as of now it has been a whole year since Vol.1?
There were release dates for previous volumes at the bottom of baka tsuki novel for Vanadis, going from that next one should be released on like Dec 23, so one more month of waiting ;(
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 14:30   Link #807
EnigmaticAxiom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Just read through all 5 volumes, this is pretty interesting.

There are only 5 volumes on B-T, when is Vol.6 going to be published?
In the epilogue of Vol.5 it says that it has been half a year since he started living in LeitMeritz, so as of now it has been a whole year since Vol.1?
No, the "half year" I believe refers to the time it took from the end of the war. The time when he was held captive to the end of the war was approximately half a year as well, so approximately 1 year had occurred since he first met Ellen.
EnigmaticAxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 19:47   Link #808
Grave_digger
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
i want to ask something, in volume 2 when tigre just wake up why teita and ellen blushing ?
Grave_digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 22:06   Link #809
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
But why all the Vanadis are selected at such young age? Even if selected, they are given a whole state/region/territory to rule?

Is it because of the Dragon Tools' childish nature or the Black Dragon King (as in the manga) had some weird notions ?



Wow Xin, from the above it seem you read a lot about society and military.

Could it be that Tigre's family is the descendant of the Dragon King? This is after reading about the black dragon shaped tornado when Tigre snapped through spoilers and the family's tradition with the heirloom.
1) Mind you, the original purpose of the Vandis is also the King's brides. So being 14+ is reasonable (especially in medieval days). Instead of protecting the king, it may very well have the girls to have a uber weapon to prevent them from being blackmailed, assassinated or NTRed.

2) I don't really read that much than most people think, just weikipedia entries. I am also very surprised that Tigre (and his enemies) decided to go to war in the winter time, which is extremely dangerous even in the 20th century. Heck, the Nazis certainly learned it the hard way in Stalingrad. For all the factions to do a winter campaign is surprising, to say the very least.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 06:18   Link #810
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
1) Mind you, the original purpose of the Vandis is also the King's brides. So being 14+ is reasonable (especially in medieval days). Instead of protecting the king, it may very well have the girls to have a uber weapon to prevent them from being blackmailed, assassinated or NTRed.

2) I don't really read that much than most people think, just weikipedia entries. I am also very surprised that Tigre (and his enemies) decided to go to war in the winter time, which is extremely dangerous even in the 20th century. Heck, the Nazis certainly learned it the hard way in Stalingrad. For all the factions to do a winter campaign is surprising, to say the very least.
Just think a war in winter.
The rations are miniscule. the cold will make the soldier loss morale and some even became sick. hunting prey will be hard. firewood and shelter are insufficient.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 07:17   Link #811
chancs
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: where magic is reality
Send a message via Skype™ to chancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
1) Mind you, the original purpose of the Vandis is also the King's brides. So being 14+ is reasonable (especially in medieval days). Instead of protecting the king, it may very well have the girls to have a uber weapon to prevent them from being blackmailed, assassinated or NTRed.
It is atleast good that all of these Vanadis care very dearly for their people

Quote:
2) I don't really read that much than most people think, just weikipedia entries. I am also very surprised that Tigre (and his enemies) decided to go to war in the winter time, which is extremely dangerous even in the 20th century. Heck, the Nazis certainly learned it the hard way in Stalingrad. For all the factions to do a winter campaign is surprising, to say the very least.
If we consider the enemy's army to fight favaorably in cold, then that's a correct course of action. Also when Rolland was killed, this provided a good chance for invasion.

These conditions were favorable for a fight when not considering the Vanadis.
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 10:15   Link #812
ZeKeR
Superbad
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Armacham Replica Training center
Send a message via Skype™ to ZeKeR
so guys... who're the chief belligerents in the "Tigre wars" aside from Elen and Mila? the CONFIRMED.
__________________
lets roll
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 10:20   Link #813
kazzuya13
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
so guys... who're the chief belligerents in the "Tigre wars" aside from Elen and Mila? the CONFIRMED.
Most likely Sophie will join them cause she has the same rank as them. Lim and teita can't participate cause of their status. Regin is already in the contest as of volume 5 cause of her being his Fiancee and all.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 13:01   Link #814
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
It is atleast good that all of these Vanadis care very dearly for their people



If we consider the enemy's army to fight favorably in cold, then that's a correct course of action. Also when Rolland was killed, this provided a good chance for invasion.

These conditions were favorable for a fight when not considering the Vanadis.

Eh, so far all the Vandris have failed on that mark, since they are willing to

1) march their army into another nation for a guy. (Think the political consequences of that. It would treason automatically in today's age)

2) Fight each other on the drop of a hat~ (EVA, Ellen and Mira all fail in this regard)

Also, there is no evidence of the Monz of whatever's ability to work in the cold. I think the author just had no idea what medival winter warfare is like. That 50K troop really needed to be 100K (the rest being logistics, servants etc)
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 16:02   Link #815
Mars Mode
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Have you read it all?

The reason for Ellen to go to war is explained in vol 4 or vol 5.

In vol 2 is also explained why would Ludmira go to war.
And in the beggining of vol 5 is also explained why was she in the place she was in vol 4. And since she was there she may as well gain something, that something being Information and money.

Every movement from part of the Vanadis, the King of Brune and even Ganelon and Ternadier has been justified. And explained, for the little things we dont know, I believe will be explained in the future.

Now winter, not in everyplace winter is the same as in Russia, not in every corner of the planet you see snow. in vol 2 we understand that in Zhcted this happens.

Now the greatest armys have collapsed before the weather because they were not prepared. Being one of the reasons of the collapse of the Nazis the rain of Autumn which made their campaign fall behind schedule. Therefore forcing them to a fight in winter.

You say about the food which is a valid point, but they are in Brune and Zhcted. And numbers, of the army they have repeated we can call more troops but we will not. Why because the others have to protect the borders, and we must use more money and more food which we cannot affort to spend in great quantities in our march.

Just enjoy the novel in real life wars have begun just because a woman or a man, so I dont know what do you find odd about that. Using reasons like that to begin wars over others things is the most old strategy of the book.
__________________
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 16:11   Link #816
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
Most likely Sophie will join them cause she has the same rank as them. Lim and teita can't participate cause of their status. Regin is already in the contest as of volume 5 cause of her being his Fiancee and all.

It is actually Ellen+Lim+Tieta vs Regin vs Mira Vs Who know which other Vandris decide to join the party.

Ellen claim him and been teasing Lim about "since you know about his body already", and suggested if Tieta want to be a mistress XD.

Alexandra is a maybe, since she is too sick to do anything to get into the story that might make sense, perhaps she will perish this winter?

Sophie seem to be the big sister type who wouldn't come to steal from Ellen.

Eva shouldn't show up...I hope.

Is Olga the scythe girl by default? If so, she might join the party ^_^
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 16:40   Link #817
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Have you read it all?

The reason for Ellen to go to war is explained in vol 4 or vol 5.

In vol 2 is also explained why would Ludmira go to war.
And in the beggining of vol 5 is also explained why was she in the place she was in vol 4. And since she was there she may as well gain something, that something being Information and money.

Every movement from part of the Vanadis, the King of Brune and even Ganelon and Ternadier has been justified. And explained, for the little things we dont know, I believe will be explained in the future.

Now winter, not in everyplace winter is the same as in Russia, not in every corner of the planet you see snow. in vol 2 we understand that in Zhcted this happens.

Now the greatest armys have collapsed before the weather because they were not prepared. Being one of the reasons of the collapse of the Nazis the rain of Autumn which made their campaign fall behind schedule. Therefore forcing them to a fight in winter.

You say about the food which is a valid point, but they are in Brune and Zhcted. And numbers, of the army they have repeated we can call more troops but we will not. Why because the others have to protect the borders, and we must use more money and more food which we cannot affort to spend in great quantities in our march.

Just enjoy the novel in real life wars have begun just because a woman or a man, so I dont know what do you find odd about that. Using reasons like that to begin wars over others things is the most old strategy of the book.
I just finished v4, and I didn't see anything Ellen said that might have shown she did it anything other than a boy with a Magic Bow. I will wait on this point.

Mira's reason is sound...but only to show how weak Zetchd as a kingdom. In the battle of Dinmant, only one Vandis and 5K troops were used. Out of...at least by my estimate at least 35K troops (assuming each Vandris has at least 5K each).

So we have a king who is paranoid at home with a band of underage teenagers commanding armies.

He showed no leadership and terrible judgment when:

1) Accurately deploy his army in the face of a invasion, by having Ellen take on 5v1 odds while the other girls sat on their pretty behind. Magic weapons or not, if one Vandris can wipe out 1000 men, then there would still be a 20K+ to spare. If Brune's army was not so terrible, it would had been a win on their side. Dragon Tool or not.

2) Allow Ellen just marched off with his army for no reason other than so called "employment", especially since Tigre is not anywhere near as powerful any of the villains.

3) Then there is Ludmira, who decided to march her army against an general (Ellen) in the same kingdom by foreign influence. Imagine the U.S Navy, at the temptation from China, decided to beat up a hated rival (See: Army), the general responsible would had been lined up and shot. So what she did was outright TREASON, an major acts of bad judgment, or just just a teenage pissing contest that should been settled in a locker room rather than wasting blood and treasure in a full army move.

Regarding winter, the question is how mild. There were certainly snow, and logistics would been poor. If this is a fictitious western europe, then it would be unpleasant anyway. (If nothing else, soldiers would need to dress warmly), and food would be tough to find. Unless you are battling in Florida, this is definitely an hindrance.

And you are right war over women (not heard of a man yet) had happened before (but it never ended well), but it show grave judgement on the Kingdom of Zetchrud and the Vandris system. The story is certainly not bad and the girls are definitely easy on the eyes. But it is definitely fun to nitpick if this is put into a real historical prospective.
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 23:48   Link #818
m4rc0s
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brazil
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
1) Accurately deploy his army in the face of a invasion, by having Ellen take on 5v1 odds while the other girls sat on their pretty behind. Magic weapons or not, if one Vandris can wipe out 1000 men, then there would still be a 20K+ to spare. If Brune's army was not so terrible, it would had been a win on their side. Dragon Tool or not.
i think you are right the army of brune is terrible but if you think that Ganelon and thenardian the two most powerfull nobles, was not planning to help since the begin i sure when the war starts they will withdraw their army .( i wont say why because is spoiler) but if you remove these two i think the army will decrease to 5k-10k max.
about the battle I believe that when Ganelon / thenardian removed his army he created a hole that allowed Ellen move Forward and win , at least that was the image I saw how the battle happened after discovering certain events explained in volumes 4-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
2) Allow Ellen just marched off with his army for no reason other than so called "employment", especially since Tigre is not anywhere near as powerful any of the villains.
well her reason was to make a path connect alsace and her territory ,because the path the merchants from brune use is:
BRUNE- > Elizavete CITY-> osmultz (ludmira )-> MAIN CITY.
(remember that ellen's place and tigre's place is separated by only one mountain)
the path is expensive and they will need protection all the time it is extremely difficult to send troops to protect the road because they might think that it would be trespassing, so she would need the help of brune or conquest alsce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
3) Then there is Ludmira, who decided to march her army against an general (Ellen) in the same kingdom by foreign influence. Imagine the U.S Navy, at the temptation from China, decided to beat up a hated rival (See: Army), the general responsible would had been lined up and shot. So what she did was outright TREASON, an major acts of bad judgment, or just just a teenage pissing contest that should been settled in a locker room rather than wasting blood and treasure in a full army move.
well that's is simple all the vanadis are like half-allies they will only help the king not one another. (was comon in the past they only help the king or by the king order).
in ludmira case she was thinking the same as ellen's army in the begginer that ellen was fallen in love with tigre so was helping him,for her that have a high pride as vanadis help someone ,and someone from another country because she was in love, was unacceptable if you add that thenardian or ganelon use the conection with her and paid her to move all became clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageXin View Post
Regarding winter, the question is how mild. There were certainly snow, and logistics would been poor. If this is a fictitious western europe, then it would be unpleasant anyway. (If nothing else, soldiers would need to dress warmly), and food would be tough to find. Unless you are battling in Florida, this is definitely an hindrance.
here i think you are correct, the only thing that we need to know is that "madan no ou" is a light novel and tell a history from another world so the laws here can be used in some places not all, although I believe going to war snowing here is difficult / impossible, in "Madan no Ou to Vanadis " can be something normal / possible.

sorry for my horrible english however this is not my main language and i'm self learning .
sorry the name of the characters and cities (dont remember how to write them)
m4rc0s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 01:36   Link #819
Richocet
Lover of Purity
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
So I finally marathoned all 5 vol and I have to say it was an epic read
I really enjoyed all the joyride it took me through
I was sad with the death of Roland and these schemers annoy me so much with their...schemes
__________________
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 13:48   Link #820
noobarta
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
So I finally marathoned all 5 vol and I have to say it was an epic read
I really enjoyed all the joyride it took me through
I was sad with the death of Roland and these schemers annoy me so much with their...schemes
Mm ya, but that's also what keeps it interesting. Roland was ridiculously strong and as mentioned before if he was still alive he'd power ball through all obstacles when tactics were required XD

And a main character dies it actually adds some realism to it. It shows that literally anything can happen in the story, even main characters dying, and also possibly betrayals etc
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.