AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-06, 15:06   Link #1
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Countrouble

Just spied this up on OM and just decided to check it out for the sake of it and gotta say it's pretty fun read.
It's from the author that did Psycho Busters(I've only read a few chapters of PB, never got round to reading the rest)

Summary
Quote:
An self-proclaimed angel installed a timer on a boy's arm, which will count down every time the boy's heart beats from interacting with his crush starting from 10. At 0, the boy will confess everything he is thinking at that moment.
When I read the summary I thought it would be just some run of the mill series but it moves along quite well and the comedy is top notch.
Ch 2 is rather quite epic in a way, any avid video gamer will love it, espeically mirco$oft fans
"GROUND WALKERS!"

Question is tho, does the first girl that appear be the choosen one in the end?
I'm not sure on that, altho it does sorta scream so but I'm inclined to think it might not be the case.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 17:08   Link #2
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Somewhere not near you.
Send a message via MSN to Vampire
It so good that I couldn't believe it wasn't from WSJ, kinda reminds me of those creative stories Bakuman would come up with that had bizzare themes. If I had to choose, I would replace this with Ane Doki since it would perfectly match with the other WSJ titles. Then again, I might expect too much from 3 chapters but who knows, this certainly has potential.
__________________
Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 19:33   Link #3
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Ah, I thought the art looked familiar.

I'm enjoying the series so far. It's not amazing, but it's entertaining enough.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 21:19   Link #4
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
I read it but i think it's a bit.. how do i explain it?

It felt so rushed with the premise that suddenly a so called angel your house enters and claims that she chose you to cast her spells on.... only because of your videogames.

The main character is not so interesting, he's your typical shounen hero without interesting aspects/flaws. Same goes for the girl he has a crush on, she's not the the amazing girl the manga tries to describe, perhaps because of her cold/cool nature?

It has some good jokes but i rather see the author puzzle a bit more on the story because it feels so predictable that the main character would eventually fall in love with the angel that barged in his house. Toradora anyone?
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 23:22   Link #5
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
This one was a keeper to me when I saw the color pages and the premise for it a month ago. It has been fun so far and I'm happy that a group picked it up and didn't leave it in limbo.

lol @ being chosen just because of his video game collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
It so good that I couldn't believe it wasn't from WSJ, kinda reminds me of those creative stories Bakuman would come up with that had bizzare themes. If I had to choose, I would replace this with Ane Doki since it would perfectly match with the other WSJ titles. Then again, I might expect too much from 3 chapters but who knows, this certainly has potential.
WSJ would kill this in less than 20 chapters most likely. I wish it got into a weekly mag instead of monthly but I definitely do not see current WSJ being kind to this.
Rejuvenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 09:31   Link #6
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
I thought it was pretty solid. Its premise reminds me of Rabuyan kind of(minus the lolicon aspect of course), though maybe a tad less amusing because Rabuyan is more seinen comedy than shoujo romance. Still the chars are fun and lively, and the "magic counter to 10" thing is different enough to keep me interested so far. I'll be looking forward to more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
It has some good jokes but i rather see the author puzzle a bit more on the story because it feels so predictable that the main character would eventually fall in love with the angel that barged in his house. Toradora anyone?
That aspect does remind me of Toradora as well, except the fact that Kouta isn't concerned about Sasara's well-being.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 14:27   Link #7
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Netherlands
Age: 28
Surprisingly good. It feels so good to read a shounen romcom, without the angst. :O
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 14:44   Link #8
Lummie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
That aspect does remind me of Toradora as well, except the fact that Kouta isn't concerned about Sasara's well-being.
Oh don't worry about that He'll be concerned, but give it some time until he fully builds up that bond with her.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 15:49   Link #9
wingman32x
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Age: 24
I like this series so far and I think it has a lot of potential. The characters are great, especially the main guy. I loved how he was picked because he had a good video game collection LMAO. The best moment was when the bus driver fell in love with him lol.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 23:40   Link #10
frubam
singing heartbreak
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to frubam
Chapter 4 was cute in SO many ways X3!! Absolutely LOVED IT!!! I could easily figure out that Meiko would be the one to end up holding Kouta's hands, revealing that she actually liked him, but everything about this chap make me =3 with joy; Sasara's little antics(specifically when Kouta took the hat) and Meiko's "kitsune"-like personality was made this too awesome. Can't wait to see how Kouta responds now that he knows about Meiko's feelings.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:09   Link #11
Nosauz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I like this series so far and I think it has a lot of potential. The characters are great, especially the main guy. I loved how he was picked because he had a good video game collection LMAO. The best moment was when the bus driver fell in love with him lol.
If this turns out to be the real reason why she chose him and not some deeper meaning I'll feel some what cheated because her powers naturally involve a lot of dieing so they must be used pretty sparingly. Oh well it's a fun read, and for some reason, Mieko was pretty easy to read, especially with the typical " i'll help you eventhough i really want to dry hump your bones" cliche.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 01:48   Link #12
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
If this turns out to be the real reason why she chose him and not some deeper meaning I'll feel some what cheated because her powers naturally involve a lot of dieing so they must be used pretty sparingly. Oh well it's a fun read, and for some reason, Mieko was pretty easy to read, especially with the typical " i'll help you eventhough i really want to dry hump your bones" cliche.
I don't mind this type of cliche, it's not really annoying in any way but generally I think it's handled poorly whenever used expect here.
The little hints are enough you would be able to make it out no probs but it's not balant in your face stuff like everywhere else.
good thing is, it actually moves along being a monthly and a romcom at that, some monthly series can be really slow at times.

Sasara without her hat is too much!(still trying to recover from the Akira-onee-sama from Baka to Test overload earlier today)
Kouta is pretty damn slow on the up take

can't wait to see next chapter!
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-17, 08:47   Link #13
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
I just caught up on this series. It's pretty good. It has it's cliches, but it has really good parts. I am enjoying it. I like how Sasara's magic forces his to do what he normally should do but then messes things up, hilarious.

I just hope nothing romantic develops with Sasara, that would ruin so much.
__________________
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 08:35   Link #14
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I just hope nothing romantic develops with Sasara, that would ruin so much.
How? I say go for it, just for the lolz!
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 09:45   Link #15
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Read it! and throw it to Recycle Bin immediately after chapter 6

The Male lead more wishi washi than Natsuru Senou from Kampfer.
I'd like to (if I can) kill Senou to get Shizuku but for this Manga male lead, I'd kill him even without any cent for the job.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 13:13   Link #16
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 24
^Are we reading the same manga?

Honestly, what's your beef with that boy? It would have been much more grating if he was callous enough to take the little angel for granted and laugh away her potential troubles like it's none of his biz'ness (even if she turned out fine). It's a bit clichéd sure but that's hardly damning.

Moreover, how is he wishy washy? As of chapter 7 he's still in love with the same girl and the relationship is actually developing unusually fast and smoothly for this kind of manga.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 14:16   Link #17
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
^Are we reading the same manga?

Honestly, what's your beef with that boy? It would have been much more grating if he was callous enough to take the little angel for granted and laugh away her potential troubles like it's none of his biz'ness (even if she turned out fine). It's a bit clichéd sure but that's hardly damning.

Moreover, how is he wishy washy? As of chapter 7 he's still in love with the same girl and the relationship is actually developing unusually fast and smoothly for this kind of manga.
Yes we are (read same manga) Countrouble isn't it?

The Male lead just some witless dork I'd like to skinned alive. He get so many chance and while the loli witch didn't succeed help him and run, he decide to search for the useless witch instead using his time to deepen his relationship in the so called Learning Group

After he know his female friend have a crush on him, he start feeling awkward while she help him getting along with his target.

Rely on the loli witch magic, and after it's unsuccessful result, he still let the loli witch do it again...and again...and again..instead said to her :
"Useless Parasitic Witch! now begone from my live! I'll do it on my own power"

heh! now I can see this mangaka start losing idea so he re-peat the storyline

If I compare his dull head to other harem lead like Ikuto (Nagasarette Airantou), Natsuru (Kampfer), Yoichi (Asu no Yoichi), Hayate (Hayate no Gotoku), or Hachibei (Love X College)...this one is less than a trash

@ Countrouble Author
sorry! if I'm a bit harsh about your manga, but it's better if you stop and start new manga, your draw is good...but your story is...so so
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 14:41   Link #18
Bonta Kun
One Punch Man!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Resides within the depths of Ned infested Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Yes we are (read same manga) Countrouble isn't it?

The Male lead just some witless dork I'd like to skinned alive. He get so many chance and while the loli witch didn't succeed help him and run, he decide to search for the useless witch instead using his time to deepen his relationship in the so called Learning Group

After he know his female friend have a crush on him, he start feeling awkward while she help him getting along with his target.

Rely on the loli witch magic, and after it's unsuccessful result, he still let the loli witch do it again...and again...and again..instead said to her :
"Useless Parasitic Witch! now begone from my live! I'll do it on my own power"

heh! now I can see this mangaka start losing idea so he re-peat the storyline

If I compare his dull head to other harem lead like Ikuto (Nagasarette Airantou), Natsuru (Kampfer), Yoichi (Asu no Yoichi), Hayate (Hayate no Gotoku), or Hachibei (Love X College)...this one is less than a trash

@ Countrouble Author
sorry! if I'm a bit harsh about your manga, but it's better if you stop and start new manga, your draw is good...but your story is...so so
Seems to me your expecting something else instead of what this series is actually about.
Reason he goes for the spells is cause that's what it's about, without the spells it would just be called "Trouble". The spells are a nice little addition, altho it's more the spells have actually just forced him into using his "own power" to make things work.

The lad may be a little slow on the uptake but he does notices things and he is actually making progress in chasing after the girl he likes, so comparing him to the others that basically don't chase is kinda unfair.

and anyone would feel awkward when you find out a girl you've known for along time likes you but you don't feel the same way.
__________________
Bonta Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-18, 15:03   Link #19
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
The Male lead just some witless dork I'd like to skinned alive. He get so many chance and while the loli witch didn't succeed help him and run, he decide to search for the useless witch instead using his time to deepen his relationship in the so called Learning Group
He thought angel-chan might be in trouble somewhere. Like a good guy he chose to try to find her instead of just sitting around chatting away with his friends. I don't see a problem there. Like I said the alternative would make him come off much worse to me.

Sure she turned out just fine and he was worrying for nothing (clichéd of course) but it was nice of him to worry.

Quote:
After he know his female friend have a crush on him, he start feeling awkward while she help him getting along with his target.
Wouldn't you feel awkward of your childhood friend likes you but you don't like her back? Rather it's most harem leads who suck. They don't even have to chase after girls they like and when they realize some other girl have the hots for them they practically just ignore the fact after a chapter or two.

Quote:
Rely on the loli witch magic, and after it's unsuccessful result, he still let the loli witch do it again...and again...and again..instead said to her :
"Useless Parasitic Witch! now begone from my live! I'll do it on my own power"
That's the story gimmick. Shockingly enough he made progress beyond that largely through his own power. And that development in chapter 7! By the genre's standards this manga is incredibly fast, not clueless.

Quote:
If I compare his dull head to other harem lead like Ikuto (Nagasarette Airantou), Natsuru (Kampfer), Yoichi (Asu no Yoichi), Hayate (Hayate no Gotoku), or Hachibei (Love X College)...this one is less than a trash
Kampfer sucks despite my trying my darnedest to like it. N. Airantou sucks period. Asu no Yoichi guy is rather dull if strong. Hayate is a gag comedy first and foremost and so is Ai Kora.

Countrouble boy actually isn't a harem lead yet. He is in love with one girl; his childhood friend likes him. That's it. Maybe Sasara will join the harem later, maybe not. And maybe we'll have more vaguely homoerotic fun with tsundere-kun, but I don't think you are counting him.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-19, 10:30   Link #20
surerman
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Killers Special Mobile Prison
Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
He thought Witch-chan might be in trouble somewhere. Like a good guy he chose to try to find her instead of just sitting around chatting away with his friends. I don't see a problem there. Like I said the alternative would make him come off much worse to me.
fixed But it's make him less determined than b4 in my eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Sure she turned out just fine and he was worrying for nothing (clichéd of course) but it was nice of him to worry.
yeah! nice...and stupid too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Wouldn't you feel awkward of your childhood friend likes you but you don't like her back?
nope! no one like me oh!...there's one, but she's gone already
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
That's the story gimmick. Shockingly enough he made progress beyond that largely through his own power. And that development in chapter 7! By the genre's standards this manga is incredibly fast, not clueless.
That's my mistake for chapter number
And that's also more reason to kick out the witch. It's wiser IMO to throw out garbage as soon as possible if you can't re-cycle it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Kampfer sucks despite my trying my darnedest to like it. N. Airantou sucks period. Asu no Yoichi guy is rather dull if strong. Hayate is a gag comedy first and foremost and so is Ai Kora.
no objection there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Countrouble boy actually isn't a harem lead yet. He is in love with one girl; his childhood friend likes him. That's it. Maybe Sasara will join the harem later, maybe not. And maybe we'll have more vaguely homoerotic fun with tsundere-kun, but I don't think you are counting him.
If I count him, may be in shooting session (for my target practice)

well...I'll stay away from this thread to not foil any fun all of you have in this thread
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.