AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-03-11, 12:32   Link #1
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
Naruto the Sequel - Speculation Thread concerning the future of the Naruto Franchise

I may be jumping the gun on this, but I know there is some sort of sequel series in the works, supposedly focused on Naruto's kids (and much shorter than its parent series). Now, I am not sure when the series will be released (I've heard April, but its probably much later), but this thread has been created for Speculation concerning the new series. Please discuss want you want to see and what you think you will see in the upcoming series. As usual, please be civil and courteous to your fellow forum-goers.

(Additionally, there will be some sort of Hinata and Hanabi spin-off anime series (or something), as well as a new Naruto movie this summer or fall.

Watch Out for Spoilers.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 08:32   Link #2
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Well I guess I'd start...well the kids both having the Byakugan is the top of my wish list for this sequel if not I can settle with one of them, I DON'T want neither of them to have cause that would seem like a waste of potential...but given the the statement that Boruto is the prince heir to the Hyuga I feel very hopeful for this cause it sounds like he'll get it

Also while I get this is the series for the kids, I would like to see their parents get some spotlight from time to time or at LEAST the ones that didn't get much fight time in the original manga, I mean I am fine with Naruto not fighting (but this is still his series so doubtful that he won't lol) I mean it would be GREAT to see Hinata finally kick some ass considering she is Naruto's wife and it was her wish to be strong enough to be by his side...so in short PLEASE don't make the women decide to retire to become housewives...I think this was ALOT of fans dread...but I would REALLY love to see a scene Hinata comes in and rescues her kids and proceeds to show off how strong she's become...so yeah if I read from the start something like"Hinata is pregnant and can't be in the field and the timeline for her maternity leave HAPPENS to be the entire mini series" I think I would get a little pissed lol

Also maybe some more kids to add to the bunch of kids we have already have so we can have new characters that aren't carbon copies of their parents more or less...like I figured the fact (from what we seen) Shino and Kiba not having kids means there won't be a little version of them running around (probably due to not being popular enough to warrent making up children for them but maybe we'll meet kids from their clan so who knows?)

Oh and a Hinata and Hanabi spin off? Is it like an SD comedy like Rock Lee's?
__________________
"No matter how much pain we feel, we can't close our hearts to it"
Avalon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:00   Link #3
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Additionally, there will be some sort of Hinata and Hanabi spin-off anime series (or something), as well as a new Naruto movie this summer or fall.
What!? Really!? SERIOUSLY!? Where and when was this confirmed!? That sounds awesome!
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 23:03   Link #4
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
I feel like he'd be better served doing a sort of Naruto Kai, shoring up inconsistencies between the pre and post timeskip periods as well as giving more character development to characters like Hinata and Sakura.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 11:37   Link #5
newtype385
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Shounen Jump announced the Part 3 of Naruto is starting on April 20. I am so pumped right now especially since I watched the Last last night twice in the theater. Kishimoto is creating it so the Extremists false statements that he is not doing it as false and fake.
newtype385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 13:28   Link #6
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Germany
Age: 29
Hope Boruto's overall personality isn't too similiar to his Dads. They should make him a pretty good student at the academy and still let him do his pranks. Don't really want a carbon copy of Naruto

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2015-03-24 at 13:52.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 13:36   Link #7
dniv
Perfect in every way
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
Hope Boruto's overall personality isn't too similiar to his Dads. They should make him a pretty good student at the academy and still let do his pranks. Don't really want a carbon copy of Naruto
Lol, I wouldn't completely mind such a scenario... considering that he would grow to be different anyway because the other people surrounding him are very different...
__________________
You ready for some Karma?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 15:23   Link #8
kampfer91
Master Eugenist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Doubt it , he plays prank to get his father attention ,but may be at least it is not Naruto level since this time it is not like everyone don't acknowledge him .

And he is the child of Naruto and Hinata , Hinata is smarter than Naruto so hopefully this trait will pass down to their children .
__________________
Naruto : Hinata, do you remember that lesson in class. The one with “If the end of the world came, who would you spend your last day with ?”
I wrote no name because I didn’t know my mother, I didn’t know my father, and I had no friend.
But now I can clearly say it. From now on, I want to spend all and every single one of my days until I die with you, and only you !”
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 15:46   Link #9
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
Doubt it , he plays prank to get his father attention ,but may be at least it is not Naruto level since this time it is not like everyone don't acknowledge him .

And he is the child of Naruto and Hinata , Hinata is smarter than Naruto so hopefully this trait will pass down to their children .
he also has a cute little sister so the big brother instincts should there there. I see him being very protective of Himawari
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 18:14   Link #10
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
he also has a cute little sister so the big brother instincts should there there. I see him being very protective of Himawari
haha I imagine when they grow up a bit, the biggest obstacle to dating Himawari is getting by the siscon (well in my own headcanon for now at least) Big Brother Bruto...you even LOOK at her affectionately and Boruto is going to be on you to see if you have ANY ill intention for his sister, he's the Prince of all Hyuuga afterall!

As for Boruto being smarter, while I could see this somewhat (afterall Naruto had to study all by himself) I imagine Boruto will have a private Hyuga tutor or something, I still want to see him kinda dense and ignorant, maybe not to Naruto's levels cause I imagine the elitist of the class is gonna be Salade (she is the daughter of two VERY intelligent geniuses afterall) continuing the revivalry between Dobe and Teme of course

Thinking about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Himawari turn out to be a natural prodigy and Boruto needing to work a bit harder for his skills...like we can see Boruto beginning to learn how to climb a tree with his chakra, only to look up and see Himawari already sitting up on a higher branch lol
__________________
"No matter how much pain we feel, we can't close our hearts to it"
Avalon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 19:57   Link #11
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon64 View Post
haha I imagine when they grow up a bit, the biggest obstacle to dating Himawari is getting by the siscon (well in my own headcanon for now at least) Big Brother Bruto...you even LOOK at her affectionately and Boruto is going to be on you to see if you have ANY ill intention for his sister, he's the Prince of all Hyuuga afterall!

As for Boruto being smarter, while I could see this somewhat (afterall Naruto had to study all by himself) I imagine Boruto will have a private Hyuga tutor or something, I still want to see him kinda dense and ignorant, maybe not to Naruto's levels cause I imagine the elitist of the class is gonna be Salade (she is the daughter of two VERY intelligent geniuses afterall) continuing the revivalry between Dobe and Teme of course

Thinking about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Himawari turn out to be a natural prodigy and Boruto needing to work a bit harder for his skills...like we can see Boruto beginning to learn how to climb a tree with his chakra, only to look up and see Himawari already sitting up on a higher branch lol
I view Boruto and Salada being like Harry and Hermione in their skills. Both very strong in their own way. Salada has the knowledge and ability to learn and use any Jutsu put in front of her because of her natural intellect with some help from the Sharingan. Bolt is less knowledgeable but like Harry has the skills and reflexes to put them to much better use. He has far better senses for battle than Salada has.

and I took would love to see that of Himawari. Things Bolt and Salada struggle to learn she learns swiftly but is too carefree to really care much about it lol.
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 19:29   Link #12
newtype385
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
honyakusha-eri had this pic on her trumbler page and translated it. From Mintato, Kushina, and Naruto, to Naruto, Hinata, and Bolt—

Specially drawn by Kishimoto Masashi-sensei

The next generation Uzumaki family appears here!

Then the little text between the big heading and Bolt’s speach bubble says that a special illustration of the new era will be introduced, and “Don’t miss it!”
newtype385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 05:30   Link #13
kampfer91
Master Eugenist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtype385 View Post
honyakusha-eri had this pic on her trumbler page and translated it. From Mintato, Kushina, and Naruto, to Naruto, Hinata, and Bolt—

Specially drawn by Kishimoto Masashi-sensei

The next generation Uzumaki family appears here!

Then the little text between the big heading and Bolt’s speach bubble says that a special illustration of the new era will be introduced, and “Don’t miss it!”
I must use the Force to turn to the next page !!!
Bzzzzzzzz
Kishimoto personally draw the next family art , hoorraaa
__________________
Naruto : Hinata, do you remember that lesson in class. The one with “If the end of the world came, who would you spend your last day with ?”
I wrote no name because I didn’t know my mother, I didn’t know my father, and I had no friend.
But now I can clearly say it. From now on, I want to spend all and every single one of my days until I die with you, and only you !”
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 05:37   Link #14
OH&S
Gear 4th in Motion, MOFOs
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/n...pril-27/.86389

The title of the spinoff is: Naruto Gaiden: Nanadaime Hokage to Akairo no Hanatsuzuki.

The new chapter begins in the 22nd/23rd WSJ issue!

But the article says that the release date is April 27th as opposed to April 20th. Which date is correct?
__________________
AXIS OF AWESOME! Too much awesomeness in a single signature pic! ████ A Certain Unified Calendar
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 07:39   Link #15
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
But the article says that the release date is April 27th as opposed to April 20th. Which date is correct?
Jump release dates:

Issue 17 (this week) - 23 March
Issue 18 - 30 March
Issue 19 - 6 April
Issue 20 - 13 April
Issue 21 - 20 April
Issue 22/23 (Naruto Spin off) - 27 April

The source of confusion was that people were thinking Issue 18 was this week's issue, forgetting that the magazine gets leaked 5 days in advance before official release on Monday, and counting the release date wrong. Of course, since Naurto was a series that had its speed scans come out 4 days prior to when it actually comes out, we can assume it will be out on the 23rd of April unofficially.
__________________
Arabesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 15:06   Link #16
newtype385
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Looking forward to when we get a storyline about part 3. True fully it can be just like the main series with just the kids adventures or a slice of life series which is my guess with some action sprinkled in.
newtype385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 15:07   Link #17
Levani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Georgia, Tbilisi
Kishimoto, please don't make Bolt a Naruto 2.0. Let him be smart and skilled, cocky and his character development can be like learning compassion for other people.

Himawari can be more like Naruto. And they both have the Byakugan or I rage-quit.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 16:47   Link #18
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
Kishimoto, please don't make Bolt a Naruto 2.0. Let him be smart and skilled, cocky and his character development can be like learning compassion for other people.

Himawari can be more like Naruto. And they both have the Byakugan or I rage-quit.
so make Bolt Neji 2.0? I see Himawari being one of those happy go lucky types who is too carefree to realize she might've done something outrageous. lol
__________________
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 22:28   Link #19
kampfer91
Master Eugenist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
I also go with Himawari being a easy going type which sometime cause trouble to her family , but she is a smart child , up to Neji level . .

I hope Bolt , after being lectured by Naruto , and hopefully Sasuke will guide him a bit , will be a serious type , but less than Neji.
__________________
Naruto : Hinata, do you remember that lesson in class. The one with “If the end of the world came, who would you spend your last day with ?”
I wrote no name because I didn’t know my mother, I didn’t know my father, and I had no friend.
But now I can clearly say it. From now on, I want to spend all and every single one of my days until I die with you, and only you !”
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 00:00   Link #20
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ontario, Canada
see the thing is considering he's already resorting to pranking (the same kind his old man does too) I don't think he'll have any of Neiji's levelheadedness or seriousness, I think the implication is Bolt is going to take after his father, that the apple isn't going to fall far from the tree, he'll have differences I am sure but I think he'll be just as hot blooded
__________________
"No matter how much pain we feel, we can't close our hearts to it"
Avalon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.