AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-02-13, 20:33   Link #2341
deadite

Grat plan HIkari! Let's catch a God!
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 20:42   Link #2342
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Grat plan HIkari! Let's catch a God!
A weak god albeit .
Old 2014-02-13, 20:48   Link #2343
Flower
Purrrrfectly cuddly!

Hmm. Well, to me that ep felt as if it were one more "preparing the stage" kind of ep.

I really, really feel sorry for Chisaki, though. I can sympathize with her, but in my opinion she really is her own worst enemy. Of course, it is always easier to say that when you are not in the other person's shoes, eh? ^^

At this point I am honestly beginning to feel a little impatient, though at the end of the ep when "Now that Manaka had returned things could finally begin moving forward." I heaved a sigh of relief. But interestingly the ones who need to move forward the most are the original main charas. Sayu, Miuna, Tsumugu, and even Akari are all moving forward to one degree or another. To varying degrees the ones who are most stuck would be Hikari and Kanade (though understandably so in my opinion) and especially Chisaki. Manaka is still a question mark right now.

Something, somewhere has to give in one of the four. Even if it is Manaka waking up and initiating it something has to change.
Old 2014-02-13, 20:53   Link #2344
ices
Monadically Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I think Kaname resents Tsumugu's more cautious and reserved approach to things. It's more "adult", but in Kaname's eyes, it might also be more pretentious and/or wasteful.

Both pre and post-time skip, Kaname has been very straightforward to Chisaki about his feelings for her. Tsumugu, OTOH, is giving her a lot of space, isn't really pushing his feelings for her forward, and he's been like this for a long time.

Kaname might be thinking "If I was in Tsumugu's spot, I wouldn't be wasting Chisaki's fondness for me."

Their brief argument over whether or not Tsumugu should be keeping things secret for now is reflective here - Kaname prefers transparency and honesty and quickness, Tsumugu focuses more on being prudent and responsible and aiming for longer-term success. Their argument is very reflective of their differing approaches to Chisaki herself.

Mind you, to a certain degree, these are just (likely) rationalizations for pure jealousy. Since the rationalizations can be made, though, Kaname probably feels more justified in being harsh and petty.
Well, it seems clearer that way. Now I can't argue whose approach is the right one. Kaname with his transparency and quickness, or Tsumugu with his prudent approach that aim for long-term gain.
ices is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 21:02   Link #2345
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

For an episode that seemed to accomplish nothing, that was pretty powerful. Three of my favorite characters got shafted, which was pretty powerful for me (Miuna, Chisaki, and Tsugumu). I find I still more or less can't stand Hikari, and since he's the mainspring of the show, that makes the whole show somewhat unsatisfying for me. But strong, nonetheless.

I think Kaname's anger comes mainly from the fact that he feels left behind by the maturing Chisaki and the mature Tsumugu. I thought he was particularly frustrated that Tsumugu was so right about keeping things quiet: be open and ruin everything, or be secretive and have a chance to accomplish something.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 21:12   Link #2346
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Kaname's anger comes mainly from the fact that he feels left behind by the maturing Chisaki and the mature Tsumugu. I thought he was particularly frustrated that Tsumugu was so right about keeping things quiet: be open and ruin everything, or be secretive and have a chance to accomplish something.
Well, see how Chisaki reacts to Hikari's assertiveness .
Old 2014-02-13, 21:23   Link #2347
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
However, in that same scene he aknowledeged Kaname as rival.
He totally did. But still in that calm, Tsumugu way. I think that's why Kaname is so frustrated with Tsumugu. I agree with some of you that Kaname is sort of pissed at the five years of time he's lost while in hibernation. But I also think Tsumugu being Tsumugu also adds to his frustration. It's difficult when your love rival doesn't really do anything. Even when Tsumugu admitted to having feelings for Chisaki to Kaname, he still said, "If you were the kind of person who can overlook something like that, I'd never let you have Chisaki." Plus, the tone he used, to me, it sounds a lot like Tsumugu have already half given up on Chisaki. He'll try, of course (hedid say that now all of them can move forward), and if she chooses him, then he'll be happy, if she doesn't, and if the guy is deserving, he most likely won't even tell her how he feels. (But it'll be funny if he did before Chisaki chooses whoever and I'm completely wrong about this )

So yeah, Kaname's got it tough. Unlike Hikari (in the beginning), Chisaki, and Manaka, (and Tsumugu, in my could-be-wrong opinion) the thought of giving up on Chisaki has never really cross his mind. And to have a rival who acknowledged you but won't fight you completely is...well, frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post

o______________________o

Tsumugu is ntring everyone!!!!
It's just...I really like Tsumugu, and I don't want him to end up alone. And both of them are in the same position (of sorts). And, I don't know, I really like that one scene they had together when she was younger and all of them went shopping for Akari's gift.

P.S. Wow, Triple_R and Kaoru Chujo have waaaaaay better explanations regarding this Kaname-pissed-off-at-Tsumugu angle than mine. LOL
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 22:49   Link #2348
Key Board
Donut

The whole situation is sad.. and amusing

Kaname feels rivalry towards Tsumugu for Chisaki's affections
but they're just competing for 2nd place. Tragic.

Chisaki still likes Hikari the most, who in turn is one track minded towards Manaka

not sure when Manaka is going to wake up, but when she does, I won't be surprised is she STILL has unresolved feelings towards Tsumugu

The story seems to be preaching that the heart is very hard, if impossible to change.
Old 2014-02-13, 23:16   Link #2349
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
What a good episode! I really loved Tsumugu and Chisaki moments they were really well done. Can't help but find them adorabel! I loved how we see Tsumugu finally speaking his mind too, even if not to her awake self. Seeing Kaname getting jealous was pretty amusing too. I found his hostility though in the wrong place but that shows his age too.

Chisaki will just have to learn to deal with Hikari not accepting her feelings and move on. I don't know if he properly told her that, maybe he will. Maybe that is what she needs. But I would love for Tsumugu to step in and make her realize his feelings. I think she feels something for him too.

I really do see flags of Miuna going in Manaka's place as the Sea God's wife. As others mentioned earlier. The sea god just wants a damn wife! I can see her doing it for Hikari. That is what I see happening.

OT: Triple R fantastic avatar!!! THE POWER!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 23:48   Link #2350
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

19:

Decent episode, but I guess we got to fortify Hikari's harem. All the guys in the series are such failures that they all are in love with Hikari, except for Sayu, but who would want her anyways.

Quote:
Well, for those who have disliked all of the Miuna/Sayu focus of the 2nd half of the show, this episode was clearly for you. Sayu was nowhere to be seen during the episode, and Miuna's role was actually pretty minor.
Personally, this episode did the most boring thing possible with Chisaki's character. She is still in love with Hikari, and dependent on him like she was 5 years ago. She really hasn't changed at all.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 23:57   Link #2351
Raine721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
19:

Decent episode, but I guess we got to fortify Hikari's harem. All the guys in the series are such failures that they all are in love with Hikari, except for Sayu, but who would want her anyways.

Personally, this episode did the most boring thing possible with Chisaki's character. She is still in love with Hikari, and dependent on him like she was 5 years ago. She really hasn't changed at all.
Yes it's very frustrating that she hasn't changed at all but hopefully it's building up to something good....*fingers crossed*
Raine721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:05   Link #2352
MCAL

Despite this episode having its share of problems, it was still much better than the previous two. Must be the lack of a certain loli.

Liked what they did with Kaname though. Even if he did sound like a little bit of a jerk, more personality is good.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:09   Link #2353
Triple_R
Ho Ho Honoka!
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
19:

I think it was Thess that put forward the following template...

Hikari = Aggressive
Kaname = Passive-Aggressive
Tsumugu = Passive

That kind of fits, if you ask me.

And I guess that Okada's argument is that "Aggressive" is the best of the three - That definitely seems to be what female characters find appealing in guys in this show.

Quote:
I'll admit I'm not particularly fond of it myself, but I get the impression that we're supposed to view Chisaki's refusal to change, and her tightly holding unto the past, as a bad thing.

So I think that Chisaki will ultimately either pay a price for her inability to change, or she in fact will change and benefit from it. I hope it's the latter. She obviously has no chance with Hikari while Manaka is a factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
OT: Triple R fantastic avatar!!! THE POWER!
Thanks! I notice that you're only 5 years younger than me, so I guess you probably saw the He-Man cartoon as a kid too.

And yeah, Canada's doing great at the Olympics so far.
Old 2014-02-14, 00:13   Link #2354
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I liked the episode up until the end where Chisaki decided she still loves Hikari… What the hell? I must have been misreading the direction of that episode, because I thought the whole theme was her confronting her past and making peace with it, not stubbornly clinging to it. Even with their weird and fantastical hibernation circumstances, a 19 year old woman being in love with a 14 year old boy is just stupid to me… Yeah, age-wise it's not a huge gap, but maturity wise it might as well be a canyon (though I guess it isn't here?) Chisaki isn't Link from Ocarina of Time, she actually lived out five years of adolescence while Hikari slumbered and that should count for something.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:15   Link #2355
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Oh good. Moar love polygon drama, this time with Chisaki still being in love with Hikari despite the timeskip, age gap and the lot...

Seriously, this is just pandering to shippers. It's gotten to stupidity levels and is frustrating to watch, and not in a good way.
Old 2014-02-14, 00:20   Link #2356
Meltyred

It was hilarious ever since the start of Season 2, they keep jerking around Chisaki, 1st saying she changed, then she didn't change and back and forth, poor girl must be confused as heck now.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:43   Link #2357
Kazu-kun

I'd say Chisaki's bad end is almost inevitable. She really is walking Zessica's path now.

There's a chance Okada will make her grow the fuck up at the end, but it's slim. She has "forever alone" written all over imo.
Old 2014-02-14, 00:53   Link #2358
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I liked the episode up until the end where Chisaki decided she still loves Hikari What the hell? I must have been misreading the direction of that episode, because I thought the whole theme was her confronting her past and making peace with it, not stubbornly clinging to it. Even with their weird and fantastical hibernation circumstances, a 19 year old woman being in love with a 14 year old boy is just stupid to me Yeah, age-wise it's not a huge gap, but maturity wise it might as well be a canyon (though I guess it isn't here?) Chisaki isn't Link from Ocarina of Time, she actually lived out five years of adolescence while Hikari slumbered and that should count for something.
Yeah I wasn't overly impressed how it ended with her telling us that. I thought we were shown she was over him. I just hope like everyone says she gets over it soon. I do agree with the age gap thing too. She had 5 years to mature and get over her feelings.

Quote:
Thanks! I notice that you're only 5 years younger than me, so I guess you probably saw the He-Man cartoon as a kid too.

And yeah, Canada's doing great at the Olympics so far.
Yes I did and many, many others I collect 1980s toys too though girl toys, but i still love those cartoons
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 01:10   Link #2359
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Need to recharge my 3ds, and as much as it pains me to be away from it, Nagi no Asukara made me forget all about it. Damn, was totally engrossed with the story, especially with the continuation of the Ojoshi story.

So yeah, what I thought would be all about Manaka waking up turns to be a Chisaki focused one. Not that I mind Chisaki, but I was all looking forward to the drama caused by Manaka waking up.

Next episode is Sleeping Beauty. Something tells me it's gonna troll me again, so I'm not getting my hopes up. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 02:53   Link #2360
whitecloud

as many has say....chisaki always shown to RESIST change...(hikari, and kaname saying she doesnt change and tsumugu passive attitude certainly doesnt help) as much as she could since the beginning, even more so because of the ofunehiki incident, she basically stuck in a mental limbo, i guess she will beginning to move forward after manaka wake up and this visit to shioshisio

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen