AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-10, 23:15   Link #1421
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
I think Kaname will be the least affected by the years. The boy was always very observant and wise.

The OP makes me believe that Kaname will stay away from Chisaki
I hope he jumps off the drama train as soon as he sees that Chisaki's already moved on. Time to win the Sayu, .
Old 2014-01-10, 23:22   Link #1422
Birdway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
I hope he jumps off the drama train as soon as he sees that Chisaki's already moved on. Time to win the Sayu, .
The guy only weakness was his jealousy and it wasn't even that big.

Maybe he will try to go to the next step but it's Chisaki the one that will drag him away from that .

If Chisaki went for Tsumugu just because Kaname gave up it will be too easy, way too easy for an Okada's show

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
someone pointed out that there is an unidentified pendant that is hanging off the Oshijoushi Flag in the last part of the OP.
Does nobody care about the bridge-like construction?
Old 2014-01-10, 23:37   Link #1423
Leo_Otaku
俺たち は リトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stall_19 View Post
Someone should inform Miuna that if Akari is her mother then that would make Hikari her uncle.
Her teacher did actually in the classroom scene. It took a second for me to realize that, yeah Hikari is her "uncle" now.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 00:22   Link #1424
Thess

I was thinking about the fairytale setting: What if the people can be awoken by a kiss? Like the Sleeping Beauty, a spell was cast to keep them from aging and only a kiss or maybe a display of affection can awake them. It's cheesy but the show has some clichés.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 07:27   Link #1425
kira22

Hikari and Kaname will live where?
I still have not understood if Manaka will be there, or it is out of the story?
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 08:22   Link #1426
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTeague View Post
This actually bothered me a little.

were they actually just starting middle school? or did they transfer over later because the middle school got shutdown midterm?
I've just rewatched the first episode to make sure. The kids were in class 2A, meaning 2nd year of middle school (13-14 years old) before the time skip. Now Chisaki and Tsumugu are freshmen at college.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 08:27   Link #1427
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Why does watching Hikari smile and laugh in the new OP pains me so? It's like he's trying hard to accept reality but the pain is evidently still there. I understand the guy just woke up after 5 long years from a tragedy, but i don't want to see him get too mopey about it. The title for the next episode is 'the protector of smiles' so i hope this refers to Hikari here.

Also, old ed > new ed. Can't get enough of them Hiis
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 08:57   Link #1428
Kirarakim

I like the old ending more but prefer the new opening so it balances out
Old 2014-01-11, 11:47   Link #1429
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Caught up on this series over the course of a month or so after putting it on hold after being pretty disappointed at around the episode 5 mark... then it flicked a switch and wow how massively has it improved, particularly the latest episode which is the start of the 2nd cour.

Though unlike some people who outrighted disliked Hikari and his aggressive behaviour, I didn't mind him, but he has grown tremendously and by now I think he's the best character of the series. However, I was eyerolling and groaning at the earlier episodes due to the amount of overindulgence in crying and "adolescent wangst" compounded by the fact it is a Okada anime. Come episode 14 and the romantic drama is just one part of the picture. Sure, it has this massive shipping/relationship element involving 10+ characters (which seems to be what this the last 20 pages of this thread seem to be discussing), but more interestingly it is a story of not just romance but one about racism, climate change, coming of age, friendship and now, based on the 1st episode of this 2nd cour, reminiscing and letting go of the past. I'm seeing elements of various shows here, True Tears' romance angle, Hanasaku Iroha's coming of age angle, Ano Hana's friendship/reminiscence of the past angle, Shin Sekai Yori's global crisis angle and from this 2nd cour Kanon's atmospheric winter setting angle. It's a wonderful mix of various genres and elements and most of all it's working very well.

I loved the 5 year timeskip and how they skipped it straight to college age. The only thing I question is perhaps Hikari's rather convenient return and the fact he seems to be the same age and mindset from pre time-skip, but I'll be willing to see where it goes first before making judgment. I also really like the new 2nd Opening. Best melancholic opening I've heard since Ano Hana's new/movie opening last year.

At this point, I've gotten use to the character designs, and the new post-timeskip designs are much more tolerable than the middle school and lolis of the first cour. However, the background art, lighting, special effects and the like are beautiful to look at and PA Works have done a wonderful job here as it's their best visual performance since Hanasaku Iroha.

Now whether how the series will hold up compared to the triumvirate of True Tears, Hanasaku Iroha and Tari Tari will be a question of time and how it ends, but as for now it is around Iroha/Tari Tari levels which I am very glad to see.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2014-01-11 at 13:11.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 12:53   Link #1430
germanturkey
Smiling Monster

first off: the op finally fits the show. none of that happy joyous stuff. haha. second: what a good job at doing a time skip. however, the unrequited love is so thick you can cut it with a butter knife. i'm just going to shut my mouth and enjoy the show. it seems it'll be pretty dang good.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 19:13   Link #1431
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

So in the next ep, I think Hikari will be going to mope around for a while before accepting reality.

Well, sure his sister is delighted that Hikari came up to the surface. He gets to see his nephew and brother-in-law. His the youngest uncle I knew in the Anime.

But I think Chisaki would be having a hard time to face Hikari, or even to look at him. Or something like this: " How could I face HIkari when I'm like this?".

That's really awkward and a harsh reality to boot.

She was shocked that Hikari came back to the surface at the preivew. How can she approach this?

I think Tsumugu was surprised that Hikari didn't age but the latter was not happy at his gaze at him. I think he said that "You look like you've seen a monster."
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 22:01   Link #1432
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
So in the next ep, I think Hikari will be going to mope around for a while before accepting reality.
And are haters going to rip him for it if he does? I think under the circumstances he'd be entitled to a little freaking out and depression after experiencing what he's experienced and then waking up to find out most of his friends are five years older than he is.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:27   Link #1433
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I would give him a hard time and say he's a scumbag for making Miuna sad, but we all know it's not his fault. Everything he knew disappeared in a blink of an eye.

Hikari is the most developed character and grew a lot through the first cour and I don't think that's gonna change.

5 years in the future is a lot to take in and he's gonna suffer like everyone else.

He still has to reunite with the rest of the cast, probably attend school, and work on accepting this new world.

Kaname will be the bigger problem. I think he's gonna take the lone wolf route since the opening shows him walking by himself.

He won't accept this new reality especially an older Chisaki living with Tsugumu.

"Ask Not The Sparrow How The Eagle Soars!"

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2014-01-12 at 00:17.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-11, 23:30   Link #1434
Miraluka
18 forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

Kaname will be the bigger problem. I think he's gonna take the lone wolf route since the opening shows him walking by himself.

He won't accept this new reality especially an older Chisaki living with Tsugumu.
Kaname isn't the problem himself but the those around him, specially Chisaki.

Lets not forget that real or not, he understood on the boat that he has no chance with Chisaki and left with a smile of defeat.

I don't think he will have any regrets confessing or grudge for the rejection but will try to not get too close to Chisaki meanwhile Chisaki will try to approach him hurting him even more in the process .

Being Kaname is suffering.

Btw, I don't think Kaname will magically forget Chisaki and openly accept Sayu since he looks the type who would rather take the lone wolf route and give himself a time while smiling.
Old 2014-01-11, 23:34   Link #1435
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I can see that.

His confession sounded too much like a death flag, but in this case a sinking ship?

On the plus side, Sayu isn't a bad option. You can't go wrong with a twin tail.

She's gonna turn dere the moment she sees him and it's gonna be glorious.

I also want to see Tsugumu's classmates. We saw one, but we need to see Egawa.

(Note: I'm only speculating. Nobody should get offend with what I say. )

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2014-01-12 at 00:54.
Old 2014-01-12, 00:39   Link #1436
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly will be some shocking events for the characters who are going to start waking up. I am curious to see how Kaname deals with this situation. Last thing Kaname sees before getting dumped in the ocean with rubble coming down was Chisaki and Tsumugu and now boom time skip.

Though so many of the cast are really in tough situations. It's the land of one-sided affections here .

The world situation is something I wonder about though. With characters starting to wake up or at least pop back onto the surface I wonder if the world temperature will start to revert or if the only ones waking up will be guys like Hikari and Kaname who were closer to the surface than their relatives sleeping in the village.
Old 2014-01-12, 00:54   Link #1437
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2014-01-12, 01:47   Link #1438
ellessarr
Banned

remember guys hikari is not the "only option" for miuna, we have the guy who confessed to her and he even told who he not gonna give up, if hikari get manaka back or end alone probably miuna gonna end with this boy.

i believe okada put this guy exactly for her dont end alone, he is her "life-save boat".
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 02:18   Link #1439
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Just a friendly warning to certain users: tone down the shipping. While we don't mind healthy discussion of romantic pairs, we have no tolerance for shipping.

Thanks!
Old 2014-01-12, 04:57   Link #1440
kira22

Kaname was thrown from the boat because he understood and seen, which Chisaki without realizing it was starting to have feelings for tsugumu, and he did not want to suffer, in fact it is thrown.
who says Chisaki you still have feelings for Hikari did not understand anything from the last 2 episodes
sorry for the question but as you put the avatar?

Last edited by kira22; 2014-01-12 at 05:13.
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen