AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-06-30, 11:16   Link #141
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 26
So hated by you Angel beats had outstanding action scenes(same goes for Canaan). And they had much better concert scenes than K-On from your favorite KyoAni
__________________
The thing I hate the most of english fansubbers is than they keep honorifics in European-stylized animes. For this I want to kill.

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 11:26   Link #142
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Ok...I'm just going to ignore he last page or so and carry on

Sad to not see Kanami Sekiguchi involved in this but I'll take Yuriko Ishii, hopefully the fact she hasn't had a big involvement in much of P.A latest work and the fact that we did get a trailer with actual animation footage 1 year in advance means they've been working on this for a while.
I'm glad we don't have sekiguchi this time or else we would have more HSI/Tari tari designs which would make it same looking again... And more bitching by me

At the very least I'm glad this was in production for a long time. There was a big power spike in HSI everything PAW has done since then looked worse than HSI. Hopefully Nagi no Asu Kara can amp it again. But like I said many times... I'm very worried about substance and premise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
So hated by you Angel beats had outstanding action scenes(same goes for Canaan). And they had much better concert scenes than K-On from your favorite KyoAni
I don't get the hate for AB hate on visuals. People should be hating it for its inconherent nonsense of a plot but people on this forum for whatever reason seems to bash the visuals instead which makes no sense to me.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 11:31   Link #143
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 26
Charadesignes in Ab was so-so. But animation on the other hand was really good.

And my post was for Westlo. Forgot to put the nick in the beginning
__________________
The thing I hate the most of english fansubbers is than they keep honorifics in European-stylized animes. For this I want to kill.

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-30, 15:45   Link #144
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
The intent was originally meant to be about how PAW doesn't works the original designs in their animation.

This doesn't means their designs are ugly or their animation is bad.

Then why the hell bash on this one and talk about Kyoani studio which I don't care?

Lets put that aside.

The biggest concern about this series, Nagi no Asukara, won't be the animation or background, music or whatever.

It will be the story, the one written by Mari Okada... I hope at least she can pull off something as decent as Tari Tari by Evergreen.

@ Kaisos Erranon: Re-read spine, feet and hands. I didn't make any mention to faces and animation, your argument is invalid, deal with it.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 11:55   Link #145
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
If anybody's interested, the manga adaptation started three months ago already, and the first scanlations have started to arrive (one in English, one in Spanish).
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 12:35   Link #146
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
If anybody's interested, the manga adaptation started three months ago already, and the first scanlations have started to arrive (one in English, one in Spanish).
I saw it... ugh...my stomaches starts aching since page 21 to the last page... damn, those ominous words...

Sigh... the manga just makes my fears/prediction to be true and it makes me sad, sad because the series has an interesting setting and the studio will show outstanding visuals, music and voice acting only make it feel like a waste becaise of the way characters interactions are handled and because one of the main characters (Manaka) will get into everyone's nerves and (friend hates her already) I can't help but pity the other Mc.
__________________

Deal with it!

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-07-12 at 13:10. Reason: edit
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:48   Link #147
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I saw it... ugh...my stomaches starts aching since page 21 to the last page... damn, those ominous words...
We shall see. FWIW, the wording on page 21 and on the last page went together, which rather limited the possibilities as to how to translate it.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 15:11   Link #148
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
We shall see. FWIW, the wording on page 21 and on the last page went together, which rather limited the possibilities as to how to translate it.
Still, you can find these kinds of developments on any below average romantic series, which it sucks... I would like to be wrong but my mind is working and seems to deduce where this is going to, and the female mc(Manaka) reminds me of Mikono from Aquarion EVOL but adding the crybaby part on her. Meanwhile Hikari, the male mc, is doomed to the friend-zone since despite his feelings for Manaka she is more interested on a boy she just met yet doesn't knows well. Why make a character like him(Hikari) protagonist?
__________________

Deal with it!

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-07-12 at 15:53. Reason: typo
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:39   Link #149
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Still, you can find these kinds of developments on any below average romantic series, which it sucks... I would like to be wrong but my mind is working and seems to deduce where this is going to, and the female mc(Manaka) reminds me of Mikono from Aquarion EVOL but adding the crybaby part on her. Meanwhile Hikari, the male mc, is doomed to the friend-zone since despite his feelings for Manaka she is more interested on a boy she just met yet doesn't knows well. Why make a character like him(Hikari) protagonist?
Damn, I was shipping for a Hikari x Manaka... but who knows... she may realize her feelings if Hikari disappears.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 04:03   Link #150
rpapo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Damn, I was shipping for a Hikari x Manaka... but who knows... she may realize her feelings if Hikari disappears.....
It's hardly a spoiler, so I will simply say that Hikari doesn't disappear. He's off searching for her, but she got found by the fisher-boy first. The next chapter starts off from there. FWIW, Hikari, in his relationship with Manaka, seems to be very much a male tsundere. Notice how at one moment he's chewing her out for something or other, and then at another moment he's beginning to notice that she's female. In the next chapter we see more of this.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 04:54   Link #151
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Goddamn it Wilfriback and Genji, all your talk of the manga made me go read it because I'm a helpless PA fag so the temptation was too great... and now I'm raging so hard now . Great... I can already see how this is gonna turn out - outstanding production values, beautiful seaside setting... ruined by caveman 101 romance cliche characters (and character designs that make them look like 12 yrs old, why are u going into loli/shota territory ala JC Staff -_-')

Yay a season wasted by PA Works on rubbish material. Better enjoy the hell out of Uchoten Kazoku while I can.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 07:57   Link #152
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
At first I thought it was going to be Anohana by PA Works.

I read the manga or whatever is available.

Now I'm expecting Kimi no Iru Machi by PA Works. That is not good news at all
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 08:00   Link #153
romcom89
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
I will love it *.*
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 08:36   Link #154
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
At first I thought it was going to be Anohana by PA Works.

I read the manga or whatever is available.

Now I'm expecting Kimi no Iru Machi by PA Works. That is not good news at all
The problem of KnIM not with all NTR thing and drama but with plot dragging. Here they just don't have time for this even if the series would be 26 eps(which I doubt).
__________________
The thing I hate the most of english fansubbers is than they keep honorifics in European-stylized animes. For this I want to kill.

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 09:46   Link #155
bastek66
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
At first I thought it was going to be Anohana by PA Works.

I read the manga or whatever is available.

Now I'm expecting Kimi no Iru Machi by PA Works. That is not good news at all
Wrong - P.A. Works + Okada = True Tears, but this time gender reverses since it's 2 girls, 3 boys and girl is main character.
__________________
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:00   Link #156
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Wrong - P.A. Works + Okada = True Tears, but this time gender reverses since it's 2 girls, 3 boys and girl is main character.
I'm going to get really really angry if True Tears gets compared to this trash . I meant KNIM in terms of quality btw .
__________________

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2013-07-13 at 13:03.
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:08   Link #157
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Remember in HanaIro how everyone hated Kou and was rooting for Ohana to reject him?

That's how I feel about Hikari. Except instead of being a wishy-washy losers, Hikari's a jerk who doesn't understand the difference between romance and verbal abuse.
They hated Kou because she wasn't near Ohana the whole series.

Also, he was about to get his own live apart from Ohana but it was Ohana herself the one who couldn't let the guy go, I can remember one of Kou's work partners had a crush on him that asked Ohana to let him go.


Hikari, in the other hand isn't sitting somewhere away, he is after watching and being overprotective because of Manaka's annoying helpless and dependant self, if wasn't for him she would be stuck on her house or passing trough worse situations.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 11:51   Link #158
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Well, given that we probably read the same amount of chapters... I think it's pretty obvious.

Re: Hikari, he obviously cares for whatshername a lot, that doesn't change the fact that he's a huge jerk. The problem is, so far Perfect Gentleman Land Guy is so perfect it's annoying in its own way (I wonder if he'll eventually develop a personality or will be stuck as a plot device). And the heroine is also pretty annoying, so basically we have an annoying main trio with a potential annoyingly angsty side-romance.

(At this rate this is going to be Over The Top Romance Clichés: The Anime. )
A jerk, towards the land people? Yes, he is. Towards the main girl? Nope, only she starts going 9-years old, he was nice enough to help her go to school despite her mmm... lively knee .
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:27   Link #159
Nachtwandler
Yurifag
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Kharkiv, Ukraine
Age: 26
I want to kill you for all the spoilers.
__________________
The thing I hate the most of english fansubbers is than they keep honorifics in European-stylized animes. For this I want to kill.

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 12:30   Link #160
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I mentioned no spoilers. Only mentioned that the source material SUCKS and that I'm mad at PA for wasting their production budget on the crap.
__________________
Pocari_Sweat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.