AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2004-04-11, 19:00   Link #1
helpmedownload

Exclamation "Invalid Scrape Result" Error After Altering Router Settings

I was looking up on the net to find out where to dl bt eps when i found an interesting "article" regarding altering router settings to allow more efficient download speeds. I tried it; I changed my network settings, made my ip address static, added bittorrent to the port forwarding list in the router page, and then rebooted. I have a version 2 linksys router, and the only problem I encountered while setting up my router for bittorrent was the different table on the linksys router admin page. There was no "customized program" part of the table or whatever.

Anyway, all was fine until I attempted to use bittorrent. Hoping the LED status circle thing would be green rather than the usual yellow (Leeching), I started the download, and nothing happened. In the error bar, it said "Invalid Scrape Result", and from there I had nothing more to try. Help please! :-(

At least my downloads actually WORKED before, even though slow; now they don't work at all! :-(
helpmedownload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 07:04   Link #2
helpmedownload

Unhappy

Now that error is gone, but I'm still d/ling at low speeds with the yellow circle :-(
Please help!
Old 2004-04-12, 07:51   Link #3
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpmedownload
Now that error is gone, but I'm still d/ling at low speeds with the yellow circle :-(
Please help!
I cannot help you... but I have almost the exact same problem. I managed to get my BT ports open and still nothing--i.e. the fact that I still cannot connect to "remote" peers.

Not only does my BTing speed remain low (10 kiloB if I'm lucky) in all its glory, now that my ports are open, my Norton IS firewall keeps picking up these "XMas Portscans" and "pwn0zr scans" as intrusion attempts. These ports are getting closed if no viable solutions can be found. And really, all I'm after is the "proportional" BT speed promised by the software and fellow filesharing peers.

Any viable solutions posted here are greatly appreciated.

Addendum:

My port forwarding is turned off for now. What I would like to ask is: Is there any difference between the various references to "port-opening" and "port-forwarding."

I have a Qwest-MSN provided ActionTec DSL Gateway. I know how I can get to the Config/Setup menu as well as where I can input the "port-forwarding." I've also just read a reference to "trigger port-opening" or something to the effect. Yet no where on my setup menu indicates such a function/option--just the Port range, Protocol, and the IP Address. I'm really, really stuck. At present time I have already uploaded () over 7 times more than what I've downloaded--if not more--while not getting any of my downloads completed. I really wish to give back something while downloading instead just IRC leech. Thanks for your attention.
二人がそれを忘れぬ限り Futari ga soreo wasurenu kagiri|As long as it's never forgotten by these two in love.

君が望む永遠 Kimi ga Nozomu Eien|The Eternity of Your Wish
サカイ殿、漢字のティプ、感謝しました
Sig. Note: The Japanese text is transcribed from the lines spoken in the show by myself (not good enough in Japanese). I'd like everyone knowledgable in Japanese to correct me in any errors|For the English translation: If anyone skilled in English comes up with a better, more poetic interpretation, I'm all ears.

Last edited by Melazoma; 2004-04-12 at 09:27. Reason: Addtional Questions
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 14:42   Link #4
helpmedownload

Question

Quote:
I've also just read a reference to "trigger port-opening" or something to the effect. Yet no where on my setup menu indicates such a function/option--just the Port range, Protocol, and the IP Address.
When I visited my linksys router web admin page, there were those same options you listed. There is also a button labled "trigger port-opening," which I attempted to use to open the ports. I don't know the difference though. But what is weird is how there is no "Customized Program" function box as part of the table in which i can type "bittorrent". This function is located only in the "trigger port-opening" window, found by pressing the respective button, and for this reason, I used trigger port-opening. (I felt the need to have "bittorrent" somewhere.)

I am 100% confused Anybody have ideas? sigh
Old 2004-04-12, 20:37   Link #5
helpmedownload

Problem solved: Do NOT use port forwarding if port triggering is located in your router web admin page. It is in either Advanced\Filter or Advanced\Port Forwarding. Triggering is opening ports for certain programs, while forwarding is setting up a server behind a router. With the triggering sheet, both ranges should be the standard bt ports. I don't quite understand why it asks for 2 series of ports, but I do know that both should be the same.
|
| = trigger?
\/
Program _______ Ports _______ Ports
| ~ | ~ | The port triggering page looks like
| ~ | ~ | this sort of. To access this page, put
| ~ | ~ | Linksys router's default isp in address
| ~ | ~ | bar of Internet Exporer. Too bad your
| ~ | ~ | problem isn't a Linksys router. Go to
| ~ | ~ | your router's home page because it
| ~ | ~ | probably offers help with port
| ~ | ~ | forwarding/triggering.
| ~ | ~ |
| ~ | ~ |
| ~ | ~ |
| ~ | ~ |
Old 2004-04-12, 20:39   Link #6
helpmedownload

Err...extend the lines to fit the table. I don't know how to make text look exactly like what was in the reply edit place. -_-''