AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 09
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 112 60.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 44 23.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 13 7.07%
7 out of 10 : Good... 7 3.80%
6 out of 10 : Average... 4 2.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.54%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 2 1.09%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-09-02, 07:44   Link #241
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
There's plenty of episodes left so we can enjoy the series for a while. I'm just glad that its 25 episodes in total... but I have to admit, it'll be sad to see this show go.
After the 25th episode there is still more light novel material to animate, maybe we will get a season 2
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:50   Link #242
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
After the 25th episode there is still more light novel material to animate, maybe we will get a season 2
Probably movies or OVAs.... the others seems short.. maybe... they're feasible anyway...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:54   Link #243
Meltyred
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Makes you wonder what they'll do from the next floor onwards, especially if the doors start shutting behind them...blind boss fights with improvised tactics?
They would have a bunch of tankers using shields to support people so that those damaged can heal.
And switch constantly and such.
Probably their tactic would be to use the tankers to support the main vanguard and hope they kill the boss as fast as possible... or something
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:01   Link #244
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: outer space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
I've watched the episode 6 times, including a lot of rewinding on the last part, so by my count she's been hugging him for close to 20 minutes.

Also finding it highly amusing that people would think that dual-wielding should be a basic, easy, skill and have no particular prerequisites.

Seriously, he gets bonuses from both swords which must be hugely overpowered so just giving the skill to everyone seems rather silly.
It's because a lot of MMOs nowadays support dual wielding with no prereqs. So yeah I can see where the complaints are coming from.
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls's souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:01   Link #245
Marina2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
I like how Kirito saw Sachi face when he heard Asuna called for him.



It shows that Sachi is still in somewhere of his heart, adding a conncection to side story.

Good job, anime!
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic44739_1.gif
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:12   Link #246
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Spoiler for Response to spoiler:



Shounen has way more fighting, lots more standing around in the middle of fights talking and posing, etc.
Just as Toaru Majutsu no Index isn't shounen, but seinen; SAO is clearly much more Toaru Index than DBZ/Bleach.

Exactly. It definitely would have been fine, and meant more than just showing off how powerful they are, if Kirito and Asuna had teamed up to take down the boss together like we see in the OP, rather than Kirito suddenly soloing the boss just to look cool.
I know that probably the producers made Kirito fight to show him off, but I prefer seeing it this way: It's a man's duty to protect a woman, not to mention a woman who he is in love with ( even if he doesn't recognise it ). He said " Stand back " or something among those lines, so he definately wanted to take the danger by himself, and not endanger Asuna. It would also be quite impossible for them to help him, I mean, just look at this Double Skill ranges...it's almost all the Boss' body, and I think you need extreme concentration to use those skills well used, if someone jumped in he would've lost that concentration for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Dual Wield Swords, I think everyone can USE 2 swords, but they CAN NOT use its skills. What I think it was meant was the 2 Swords Skills was unique, and not using 2 swords for the style.
And no one would use 2 Swords in a battle for style if you can't use skills, however, if you use 1 Handed Sword you can clearly use skills with it, just like Asuna, Kirito and Klein are able to.

About how to get and why it's an unique skill, I think it's because you have to push yourself to your limit, like getting the highest reaction speed or something like that, therefore he would be the only one to get it. What's the point in surpassing everyone else if everyone can have that skill? I don't get it...

Anyways, I'll start reading the LN, I can't hold on anymore, this episode was too much for me, I gotta read it.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:14   Link #247
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
I don't understand why Asuna couldn't just leave her guild, it's not like they could've stopped her.
Not a direct response, but it's close and shorter than some of the other questions.

She's running the boss strategy meetings, and likely has for a long time. We saw her doing it somewhere in the 50's, and she's likely still running them. If she stepped out of her guild and became a solo'er... there would be political problems (If her guild is the strongest, her guild probably supplies more people to the boss fights than other guilds). If she stepped out of her guild and joined a beater (we keep seeing how certain people look down upon Kirito) there wouldd be even more potential problems (we can assume she's got a bodyguard for a good, off-screen reason).

And those problems would probably result in player deaths. And I think this episode showed exactly how Asuna feels about seeing people die in front of her. I imagine she'd never get over quitting KoB (even if it's just in terms of mental stress).

Asuna obviously feels like she's pushed her guild in a bad direction, and she's suffering the consequences of it... but if she stepped down or retired people would die. I think it's perfectly understandable that she wants to feel protected and safe for a little while. Without waking up screaming in the middle of the night because one stupid little mistake she made caused a full on party wipe and likely doomed everyone in SAO to be trapped there forever.

Remember an earlier episode when she mentioned that fewer people were on the front lines, and were growing more comfortable 'living' in SAO? That means she has less resources for the boss fights... which means there's more risk. Eventually you reach a breaking point where stuff hits the fan. And that's probably a lot of stress on Asuna.

Really... I think some people are forgetting the types of stress Asuna must be under. As the person in charge of the boss strategy meetings I'm fairly certain she feels it's her fault every single time someone dies.

Also, to the folks wondering why this boss was so easy... if you compare the room layout to the boss room in Ep2, it's a WHOLE lot smaller. I can't imagine shoving 50 people into a room that small vs. a boss with an pretty nasty AoE breath attack, and big sweeping blows. Look at those scenes again, look at how close Asuna and Kirito were at the beginning of this episode when the room lit up, and look at how small the room was at the end of the fight.

It's probably designed as a quicker / shorter fight allowing for less people to enter at once. It's got nothing on the massive field you saw for the ep2 boss fight. Which makes sense as well, when you consider it's a boss fight with an entirely new 'gimmick'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
About how to get and why it's an unique skill, I think it's because you have to push yourself to your limit, like getting the highest reaction speed or something like that, therefore he would be the only one to get it.
If you look at the exchange of blows towards the end of the boss fight when Kirito keeps chanting "faster, faster" he's actually hitting the boss three or four times for every blow the boss gets. Later on in the fight he's landing long series of hits for each return blow. Regardless of how slow the boss is, it's fairly obvious Kirito is a whole lot faster than the boss... So reaction times doesn't seem too unlikely... doubly so in a game where you mind is literally hooked into the system.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:30   Link #248
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
It's a man's duty to protect a woman.
Like hell it is. That's an awfully sexist notion.

And I really don't know if that is the point the series wanted to get across, but I sure as hell hope that isn't case.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:34   Link #249
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
And I really don't know if that is the point the series wanted to get across,
..not really... But at that moment.. Kirito has to save Asuna and the others.. it's more of helping and protecting the "in need"..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:37   Link #250
Somnus
Eh?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
So I watched the episode last night, not knowing how to express how incredible it was.

Until now.

I tell you, I was grinning like a 5 year old girl (or guy?) who actually got her pony on Christmas morning.

The intro was awesome, the fight was spectacular, Kirito's expressions throughout were superb, and all of the Asuna x Kirito in it was downright fantastic.
__________________
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:37   Link #251
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Like hell it is. That's an awfully sexist notion.

And I really don't know if that is the point the series wanted to get across, but I sure as hell hope that isn't case.
Where is it a sexist notion?
So uhm, if your girlfriend could die, you'd let her die because it's a sexist notion?
Not to mention, Kirito had that special ability, which would make him far more prepared to fight the boss, he also has a higher level than her, and he doesn't have a " useless " ( I don't really consider it useless, but it's kind of a way to put it, since you can't use it in battle ) like Cooking ability or anything.
I really don't get how could you say it's sexist.
He is more prepared than her, he knows, and I wouldn't ever dare to let my girlfriend endanger herself when I could do it instead. If my girlfriend died because I didn't want to " mess up her pride", I would be pretty much horrified at myself. I know that your power in this game is different from real life, but still, in this part, Kirito is stronger. It's true that Asuna can use her skills to find weakest points and do critical damage, but Kirito had the advantage even in there, atleast in my opinion.
Edit: I'm not judging your persona in real life, I just put it in a way you could see things, I don't know you, and I have no reasons or rights to judge you.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:54   Link #252
Adigard
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
It's true that Asuna can use her skills to find weakest points and do critical damage, but Kirito had the advantage even in there, atleast in my opinion.
Probably the easiest 'in-game' way to look at it is this. Asuna can deal tremendous critical damage with pin-point accuracy, but if you consider how light weight her rapier is, she'd probably have a very difficult time deflecting the bosses attacks with that weapon.

Kirito has a much heavier sword (this has been pointed out in previous episodes) and even he has trouble completely stopping the bosses blows. Asuna probably takes more damage stopping the bosses swings than Kirito. As shown in the episode, she would merely use her speed to dodge... but getting that wrong even once would be very bad.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:57   Link #253
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Probably the easiest 'in-game' way to look at it is this. Asuna can deal tremendous critical damage with pin-point accuracy, but if you consider how light weight her rapier is, she'd probably have a very difficult time deflecting the bosses attacks with that weapon.

Kirito has a much heavier sword (this has been pointed out in previous episodes) and even he has trouble completely stopping the bosses blows. Asuna probably takes more damage stopping the bosses swings than Kirito. As shown in the episode, she would merely use her speed to dodge... but getting that wrong even once would be very bad.
Yes, thank you for pointing that out, you're totally right.
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:07   Link #254
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
Where is it a sexist notion?
So uhm, if your girlfriend could die, you'd let her die because it's a sexist notion?
Not to mention, Kirito had that special ability, which would make him far more prepared to fight the boss, he also has a higher level than her, and he doesn't have a " useless " ( I don't really consider it useless, but it's kind of a way to put it, since you can't use it in battle ) like Cooking ability or anything.
I really don't get how could you say it's sexist.
He is more prepared than her, he knows, and I wouldn't ever dare to let my girlfriend endanger herself when I could do it instead. If my girlfriend died because I didn't want to " mess up her pride", I would be pretty much horrified at myself. I know that your power in this game is different from real life, but still, in this part, Kirito is stronger. It's true that Asuna can use her skills to find weakest points and do critical damage, but Kirito had the advantage even in there, atleast in my opinion.
Edit: I'm not judging your persona in real life, I just put it in a way you could see things, I don't know you, and I have no reasons or rights to judge you.
Why is it a man's duty to protect a woman? Why is it not something like it's the spouse duty to protect its significant other? That's the sexist part.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:07   Link #255
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
So uhm, if your girlfriend could die, you'd let her die?
If I was a girl and my boyfriend was in danger, I would try to save him too. Gender has nothing to do with that.

Your previous comment carries a sexist notion because you brought the gender issue into the equation. You said "it's a man's duty to protect a woman" but that isn't true. It's your duty to protect your loved ones whether you're male or female, gender is besides the point.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:08   Link #256
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philippines
Send a message via Skype™ to ronelm2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
^^
Klein guild is already pr0 type. First of all they have unique samurai look, you don't see samurais in this game now do you. Most likely they are the type of small well-played guild of friends who travels from game to game (was already explained in ep 1).
They are hardcore mmorpg'ers so they know their work. Compared to that KOB is just a zerg that worked it out, compared to other shitty zerg legions like this ep example.

I myself wonder what legion will Kirito join, sooner or later. I know about his future relationship with Asuna (ch 16.5 hello there) but don't have any info about him getting a legion or not. Though I think he will join one. Either he and Asuna will join Klein legion or make something themselves, unless Kirito will join kob which is unlikely.

ZZZz as for the leader thing. He might as well be the same type as idiot bodyguard. Thinking he is some hot shoot, but will get owned like a bitch.
Well... Heathcliff is a leader for many reasons. *shrugs*

You know what? Screw this. Think of how Dual Blades can be countered: it's actually very simple: use a sword+shield. The shield blocks one sword, the other sword parries the other. Then it'll be simply a tactical game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Just making a point. Yall don't know the whole story behind the KOB leader because the Anime didn't bother telling us about it even though in the LN, it should have already been mentioned.

Anyway, he didn't become "leader of the strongest guild" for nothing. To be the best leader (and he is the best) means you have to have both the strength of arms and the strength of mind.

As an MMORPG player, I sure damn want my Guild Leader to be not only smart, but also a great fighter as well.
This. so much. I hope the next episode comes and explains how AWESOME FREAKING AWESOME Heathcliff actually is.... only 1% serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Heathcliff isn't Kuradeel. He's not looking down on Kirito, he wants him. To join his guild. Which means he respects Kirito, but still has confidence. I'd expect him to be stronger than Asuna at the very least.
This. Although I have to disagree with Heathcliff not being Cradil. They're both insane people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, regarding the guild leader (since I brought it up), it's obvious that he must have something up his sleeve, because otherwise why would he challenge Kirito to a duel using the dual-wield ability? He's allowing Kirito to use his unique advantage, which suggests that he believes he has a chance anyway. Plus I highly doubt that he wants to see Asuna go, and would love to see Kirito join the guild; we can assume that he's probably not stupid enough to make such a deal lightly. So yeah, I think we should assume that he's not going to be a pushover, and probably does have skill to backup his bold gamble. In a way, it would actually be better if Kirito got defeated, because it'd be a bit too boring if Kirito is totally invincible. And like I said, Kirito really doesn't have much to lose either way at this point; join the guild or not, he'll still be with Asuna, and can still focus on clearing the game.
I honestly think that Heathcliff just used Asuna as a reason to battle Kirito. If he didn't have Dual Blades and didn't finish off the boss (which had 55% HP -- this is ... I think the official start) he might have allowed it in the first place. Looking back at Ep 5 (or was it 6 ), why is it Asuna that was representing KoB, and not Heathcliff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoastmysocks View Post
probably that doing this he has a slight chance to get Kirito to join his guild, which would probably mean he would get the top damage dealer of the game as a regular in his guild, also there is the motivation factor of having someone that can solo a boss in your team, and wearing your colors.

Also there might be the fact of, actually enjoying the fight, you know there is this weird thing in animes where people learn something about each other when they fight, and they might become friends, and he might get Kirito to join regardless if he wins or loses.

On another hand, there is the whole, Tank trumps Physical DPS thing that has been going on in MMO's for a while and lead to the whole Rock (Tank) > Scissors (physical DPS)> Papar (magical DPS) > Rock, and if he is an oldschool player, he might just be overconfidant, after all in the opening we see him in heavy armor plus sword and shield, so my guess is he is something tankish.
If you can't beat them, buy them. (company term)
So (in MMO) if he's awesome + has an OP skill, beat them... THEN make him join.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
KIncidentally, this is probably one of the worst reasons ever to hide a secret skill. Could he have saved that guy on the 67th floor if he'd used it then?
Well, judging from the second to the last scene, he was literally hiding.... which is probably the real reason he didn't want to use that skill in the first place. (I mean... why would you use something so flashy that EVERYONE will be looking for you, unless you're some bigshot Attention Sue?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Besides, he's already shown that he's plenty powerful. He doesn't actually have any reason to blindly follow the Commander's orders even if he loses. So what if he goes back on his honour?

So yeah... I don't really see how this can end badly for him either way.
I think Heathcliff's counting on the fact that Kirito actually has honor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I am guessing the leader sure has a trick up his sleeve. Especailly when the rumors overhype kirito's true abilites.

A tank with thorns ability + evade and counter? If the leader has some armor that can activate an ability to reflect all damage for 1 min and he time it to activate just when kirito activates the starburst stream, then kirito will be screwed by his own skill....

I can still remember my old dota spectre hero. I wore the old version of blademail + hero already have reflect dmg. I laughed when my enemy criticaled on me and died as a result of reflected damage.
Parry and a strong One-Handed Shield is enough. It's not like you can't use Sword Skills while you move your Shield to block another sword, right? :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
@ Kirito didn't Solo the boss
Yes and no.
He would have if he had taken his dual swords out from the beginning.
You can assume that he had already lost between 25 and 50% of his life when he took them out will the Boss was probably down less than 20.
To be fair, if Kirito had fought the boss at 100%, he would have died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I don't think it's quite that bad. They seem to take their guild structure and positions rather seriously, so in their minds, players who commit to the guild and get promoted probably have some obligations. I've actually seen guilds in real life games that are like that as well, in fact. Having a major guild member quit (edit, to clarify: "take an extended leave of absence to party with an outsider") like that could be desettling to all the other guild members as well.
She had partied with Kirito before (during Inner Area Incident), and no one said anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yeah... Now, its not just for the game that Kirito is fighting... he's fighting for Asuna ...

...for her cooking to be exact... selfish indeed...
If I were him, I'd marry Asuna even if it's just for the cooking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archmagination2002 View Post
The thing with this battle is that it was really hard to damage the boss due to its strength, skills and weapons.. it took everything the other players had to even block the weapon and they still took damage from it.. the person that would be hit with that sword would end up KIA. Thats the reason why Kirito switched to Dual Wielding, because he realized that it was hopeless unless he went on the offensive.

I am surprised nobody mentioned Asuna and Kirito running screaming away from the boss room in fear..
There's a <<Sprint>> skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But relentlessflame's point stands. Kirito basically soloed the boss, that much is true.
No he didn't ... He only half-soloed the boss....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But Kirito can relax and be strong at the same time. Why would Asuna need to become a damsel in distress just because she's learning to relax?

That implies the girl can only be strong when she's obsessed, when she's putting up a front, a facade.

That would mean the real Asuna is indeed emotionally weak.
To be fair, I think the reason why Asuna's been sticking around with Kirito is because she feels stronger when she's with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosovereign View Post
Did anyone notice that Kirito WOKE UP for a moment?!!? He saw his sister yelling at him. I guess you could write it off as him imagining it, but...
It can't be her, can it? Surely it isn't THAT girl... and Kirito isn't a siscon... right... RIGHT?
Given Black Swordsman, I bet you're all laughing at me right now... XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Okay, THAT was an awesome episode. Very intense and I liked seeing Klein again. (Btw, his guild's name "Fuurinkazan" is awesome.~)

Couple of interesting things that were revealed, especially Kirito's dual wield abilty. If he's the only one in the entire game who has it, I'm almost certain it's something that exists outside the normal parameters of SAO. Who could have granted him that ability then? I guess that shall remain a mystery for a while.

Also, there was that part where Kirito was opening his eyes after collapsing with 1 HP left. The girl he saw there was definitely NOT Asuna. Who the heck was that?

And we finally see the guildmaster of the Blood Knights, Heathcliff. Looking forward to his duel with Kirito next week but I imagine it's fairly obvious who will be victorious already.
LN readers know who'll win. Anime followers seem to know who'll win. Just who the hell will win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Dual Wielding...

A pure offensive skill with emphasis on speed and damage while totally forgoing defenses. A reckless, but powerful ability for people who dances with death.

Fits Kirito just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I still don't get why Dual Wielding has to be a special skill. Considering the game have no focus on magic and serious ranged weaponry, you would expect they would support all sorts of melee fighting style right from the get go. I mean, isn't it common-sense in an RPG nowadays? If you don't go Sword&Board, you go Dual Wield or 2H-Mastery, with 1H-Mastery largely exclusive to a Duelist/Swashbuckler kind of build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Dual Wielding is a classic video game technique, but when it comes to actual swordfighting it's, well, really hard to do. Supposedly the way it's looked at in professional fencing is that to be a novice with two swords you have to already be a master with one. Games like to make it looks like you just slash really fast, but actually parrying with two swords and keeping track of their momentum and all that is mentally taxing. So maybe the game designers just thought that for a game where you feel like you're moving you're body around it was just too much to ask of a gamer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Yes. But why make the Dual Wielding itself a special skill? If they make that flashy skill Kirito did THE special skill but Dual Wielding Skills itself exists normally in-game, then I wouldn't be having this complain really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'm a bit more skeptical about it being an actual skill anyone in the game could have access to. If it is, then I seriously doubt that Kirito would be the only one in the entire game who has it. Not to mention all he said was that it just "suddenly appeared" in his skill list without any particular reason. That's very suspicious.
Sure it isn't exactly the most game breaking power like being able to use ranged weapons would be, but I'm going to be rather disappointed if it's just an "ultra-rare skill". Where's the fun in that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Guess Dual Wielding wasn't made for "all players".....
Speaking of abilities, Dual Blades... I think... is a hard to master skill. For one, you must have strength for BOTH Blades. Second, you need to balance the weight on both hands. Third, without enough speed (carrying both requires double strength power after all), could it be on par with a normal 1-H Wep? In the first place, I think you need to use 60% of your brain just to coordinate attacks in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if getting Dual Blades had something to do with brain's ability to coordinate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
At first I thought it was his sister, but it's been pointed out that she has a mole under her eye like Sachi, so it's probably Sachi. And therefore probably his imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Watching it a second time, it was definitely Sachi. The mole below her right eye(?) gave it away.
I didn't see it....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
If the designers think it's too hard for most players, make it a hard-to-get skill. What's so weird about that?

And there's no auto-parry in this game. You have to move your sword into the path of the enemy attack.
I think no auto-parry is a good thing. What if you didn't want to parry the weapon during a battle...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Yeah I know I'm a gamer too. What I meant was, if you don't "Build" your character as one build, then you do it as the others. Doesn't mean they are always interchangable midway.

Sadly yeah...Which is why I'm asking why. Is it really because the designers think it would be too hard for most players? If this game is fully real time where you have to swing your swords correctly the entire duration of the skill and not automated midway then I'd buy that.
Maybe it causes brain damage............ yeah I'd buy a forbidden skill like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yup, I agree when someone mentioned that she doesn't want to leave the guild and actually just have a break... Asuna's Guild is not that big but its influential and many of its members are high level players (many are Asuna's fans actually, right, Kuradeel?!).

If she leaves, it means trouble... for her and Kirito and as if Heathcliff will allow it either..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
I don't understand why Asuna couldn't just leave her guild, it's not like they could've stopped her.
Heathcliff is a bitch; Asuna simply made it easy for Heathcliff to challenge Kirito to a duel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
I've watched the episode 6 times, including a lot of rewinding on the last part, so by my count she's been hugging him for close to 20 minutes.

Also finding it highly amusing that people would think that dual-wielding should be a basic, easy, skill and have no particular prerequisites.

Seriously, he gets bonuses from both swords which must be hugely overpowered so just giving the skill to everyone seems rather silly.
OP Skill = Extra Skill... so yeah....................... wait... if I considered it, his STR was like +100 then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Like hell it is. That's an awfully sexist notion.

And I really don't know if that is the point the series wanted to get across, but I sure as hell hope that isn't case.
I think it's what Kirito think... so Kirito's a sexist then.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:09   Link #257
M1sFyr3
I eat babies
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
That Blue Eye Demon, got his arse kicked by someone who is 1/5 of his height, and who is not even close to being as buff as him.
__________________
M1sFyr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:10   Link #258
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Did anyone catch that when Kirito was opening his eyes after he beat the boss that Asuna suddenly had blue hair calling out his name?
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:11   Link #259
Karakuri
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Portugal
Age: 19
Send a message via Skype™ to Karakuri
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Why is it a man's duty to protect a woman? Why is it not something like it's the spouse duty to protect its significant other? that's the sexist part.
Because there do exist people who do protect others even if they don't know each other...If I saw a girl in danger of course I would try to save her...even if I did not know her, if she died because I didn't do anything, when I could've done something, I would be pretty ashamed of myself.
But I'm not saying every person should be that way, if everyone made the same decisions the world would be boring.
But even when you put it that way, I can't find it sexist...I know I may be acting as a dumb person but, men are stronger by nature...even in games the best players are usually men ( Kirito is obviously stronger than Asuna in SAO, atleast for now ), so why would a man not help a woman? Is it really wrong to do it, when you know you can do something the woman can't do by herself?

Edit: jzmagic, it wasn't Asuna, it was Sachi. He saw her for a second, because she is still in his heart. I found that rather awesome.
Edit 2: Kazu-kun, as I had already mentioned, men are stronger by nature, and even this time Kirito is stronger, I don't think you can deny it...I can't find it sexist in any way.
IF the girl was stronger ( which is pretty much unlikely in real life, because I have never seen some girl stronger than a boy, only on tv ) then yes, it would have been sexist, but this isn't the case, nor is it the case in 99% of the times...
Karakuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 09:13   Link #260
jzmagic
flargansbog
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakuri View Post
Because there do exist people who do protect others even if they don't know each other...If I saw a girl in danger of course I would try to save her...even if I did not know her, if she died because I didn't do anything, when I could've done something, I would be pretty ashamed of myself.
But I'm not saying every person should be that way, if everyone made the same decisions the world would be boring.
But even when you put it that way, I can't find it sexist...I know I may be acting as a dumb person but, men are stronger by nature...even in games the best players are usually men ( Kirito is obviously stronger than Asuna in SAO, atleast for now ), so why would a man not help a woman? Is it really wrong to do it, when you know you can do something the woman can't do by herself?

Edit: jzmagic, it wasn't Asuna, it was Sachi. He saw her for a second, because she is still in his heart. I found that rather awesome.
Ah I figured it was something like that. Very subtle touch, nice.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.