AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 10
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 114 53.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 48 22.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 25 11.74%
7 out of 10 : Good... 10 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average... 7 3.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.47%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.47%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 4 1.88%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-09, 16:42   Link #321
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
And look at Kirito's face, this face is similar to the face from a romance novel after having that night with a lover ...
Ah, but you see...his face is like that because in his mind he's singing...

Spoiler for Slightly immature, but relevant (and funny) Youtube vid:

Aww yeah.

Also, I wonder why there's this big a batch of nay-sayers this time around. This is one of the few implications where we don't have to try really hard to come up with a convincing reason that something happened. Sure, it was kept quite tame to keep the ratings in check, but I also find it hard to question solidly what had actually taken place.
Old 2012-09-09, 16:43   Link #322
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, I think we should wait and see what happens; it may be brought up again next episode, because, to follow through on Kirito and Asuna's plans to take a break from the front lines, they'll need to get leave from the guild.
Wondering why they have to spend the night before reporting....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 16:59   Link #323
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Just watch it.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Asuna is too bloody cute. Might have to reread the first novel again. XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:07   Link #324
thundrakkon
Fly Away into the Night
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
It's still bothering me why Asuna is second in command of KoB, I bet it's heatcliff tactic to attract more member to the guild, I can accept if she is a leader of platoon or something, but as vice commander I don't think she fit it, she broke her mental easly, well I don't know if it's has something to do with Kirito.
She is vice commander, but I think in one of the episodes that they mention that she is one of the vice commanders. Which means that there are multiple people with the same rank. She is not necessarily second in command, and when you look at the Knight of Blood council, there was not a seat for her. If she was truly second in command, she should have been sitting with the council, not standing in front of them.

She is probably just the tactical commander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodearth View Post
In fact I am more surprised at the number of cute young girls in the game...
Actually, I'm more surprised that there were no old ladies in the game. They were common when I used to play (oh those cougars ). Cute, young girls are not surprising, as many do play, and more play as time goes on. Younger girls are adapting technology way better than they used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Wondering why they have to spend the night before reporting....
To let things sink in. One almost died, and another almost lost the love of her life. Still, there was a lot of time that past from the battle to the dinner scene. They could have reported offscreen during that time.
Old 2012-09-09, 17:40   Link #325
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Thinking about the sex feature, I have to wonder:
- did Kayaba develop it on his own (the pervert!) along with the brain frying thing, or did the company plan to include it in the game? And if so, were they planning to restrict it to adults, and Kayaba decided to give to everyone?
- aren't they worried about Kayaba's statement he wants to see his world? What, exactly, is he watching? It wouldn't be hard for him to make invisible cameras for the virtual world.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:40   Link #326
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Some/Most girls don't sleep with their bras on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
That doesn't mean they sleep topless, though. Unless they just engaged in some activity that required removing all clothes and didn't feel like putting something on afterwards.
As I said in one of the others topics, this is a video game. Normally, underwear would not be removable in order to maintain an age rating lower than 18. When the system considers you naked, you would still be wearing underwear. We see this at work back in the Silica episode. She's ready for bed, and wearing her full underwear. For Asuna to not be wearing the top portion of her underwear, she would have to have taken steps that would not normally be available, even for sleeping.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:45   Link #327
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post

Also, I wonder why there's this big a batch of nay-sayers this time around. This is one of the few implications where we don't have to try really hard to come up with a convincing reason that something happened. Sure, it was kept quite tame to keep the ratings in check, but I also find it hard to question solidly what had actually taken place.
I don't have problems accepting it, but seriously the way how they showed it was contradictory at least. I mean the whole dinner/undressing scene ended in the most common subtext way that usually means that the guy lost his chance. (I even seconded the baka line). Then suddenly we got Asuna sleeping naked and Kirito sitting dressed, didn't he say he wanted to stay with her for the night? So where did he wanted to go that late at night? or where the hell he went? That's what I thought before reading this 3D. So, for me it is ok, but in retrospect I'd preferred they handled the whole thing better.
Edit: I didn't know the rating was so low. I checked Gundam Seed for comparison and it is actually R17.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-09-09 at 17:50. Reason: checked the rating
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:48   Link #328
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Thinking about the sex feature, I have to wonder:
- did Kayaba develop it on his own (the pervert!) along with the brain frying thing, or did the company plan to include it in the game? And if so, were they planning to restrict it to adults, and Kayaba decided to give to everyone?
- aren't they worried about Kayaba's statement he wants to see his world? What, exactly, is he watching? It wouldn't be hard for him to make invisible cameras for the virtual world.
Presumably Kayaba developed it as part of his desire to create a world. The company trying to put it in as a game feature would run into all kinds of legal and marketing trouble.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 17:56   Link #329
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I don't have problems accepting it, but seriously the way how they showed it was contradictory at least. I mean the whole dinner/undressing scene ended in the most common subtext way that usually means that the guy lost his chance. (I even seconded the baka line). Then suddenly we got Asuna sleeping naked and Kirito sitting dressed, didn't he say he wanted to stay with her for the night? So where did he wanted to go that late at night? or where the hell he went? That's what I thought before reading this 3D. So, for me it is ok, but in retrospect I'd preferred they handled the whole thing better.
Edit: I didn't know the rating was so low. I checked Gundam Seed for comparison and it is actually R17.
Unless she cave man styled him!
Old 2012-09-09, 18:02   Link #330
Archon_Wing
Hater
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hmm, while this episode could have been a nice episode about the nature of griefing, the whole thing was too lulzy and cliche to take seriously, complete with the villain faking the surrender part. I guess they really do suck in pvp, and mostly spec'd for pve, as proven by Kirito's 2 min duel. This honestly felt like a possible 2 parter. Personally, I would have liked the griefer talking more about griefing and trolling so we can generate more hate, instead of Mr. downscaled Rider just being unfortunately disposed of and most likely forgotten forever.

Also, paralysis is way too OP, leading to infinite combos. It's obvious Blizzard designed this. I don't know what to think about arbitrary hostiling so fast. That doesn't seem balanced either.

Behind that, the theme behind the episode was solid; that there are limits to soloing, and this is just true in any multiplayer game; just look at progaming teams in Korea that practice nonstop to hone their skills. Kirito could use more pvp practice for sure, and we see that our happy couple needs to get a room... whoa, and they do, sort of. We got cockblocked by a tsundere joke, but at least they didn't in the end, like so much anime would. I guess it's been lonely all these years. :S

Anyhow, a mixed episode that probably was brought up by that random ass shot at the end, I'll just let it go with a 7.
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:09   Link #331
Vocah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
As I said in one of the others topics, this is a video game. Normally, underwear would not be removable in order to maintain an age rating lower than 18. When the system considers you naked, you would still be wearing underwear. We see this at work back in the Silica episode. She's ready for bed, and wearing her full underwear. For Asuna to not be wearing the top portion of her underwear, she would have to have taken steps that would not normally be available, even for sleeping.
Spoiler for Comparison to the novels (current/previous content:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-09-09 at 20:02. Reason: Please use spoiler tags when comparing to the novels
Vocah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:11   Link #332
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

It's called an old school post-love scene... like in old movies. Fade to black before they get it on and then return to someone under sheets and the other person fully dressed getting ready to leave. Nothing is shown but the act is inferred. In this case, Kirito gets punched in the face after turning a girl down and then a second later we get a scene where it's suggested he did the deed.

Kirito got rogue locked... obviously a DK or shaman.

lol, lol, lol
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:12   Link #333
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Presumably Kayaba developed it as part of his desire to create a world. The company trying to put it in as a game feature would run into all kinds of legal and marketing trouble.
After 50 years... it'll be a virtual Home for the Aged...
Old 2012-09-09, 18:47   Link #334
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

Well considering Kayaba probably designed it and the gear by himself so the gear would trap anyone in inn the first place, he probably added the sex function privately in a moment of epiphany: "Hey! I should add sex, or else everyone would get bored and suicide." However the boy girl ratio must make it hard on the guys.
Old 2012-09-09, 18:52   Link #335
Forever
Revealing the truth

I wonder if the real world can view all the events in SAO....

Imagine if they really did it and the whole world can see..... I would think they want to remain SAO forever... LoL

Even if events cannot be viewed, I wonder if the feedback is sent back to their real bodies. If so, I think asuna's family will be quite horrified with the feedback...
Old 2012-09-09, 18:55   Link #336
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's like Big Brother, with 10000 participants, some of whom are underage, and a 40% death rate so far. The sex scene of two of the top players has spread all over the internet, and caused thousands of arrest for pedophilia.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 18:56   Link #337
M1sFyr3
I eat babies

o.O I don't think the real body takes any physical action when the game is in place, considering it is a headgear. But if they did, imagine all the people who live in SAO and how much sleeping together happens
Old 2012-09-09, 19:05   Link #338
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
o.O I don't think the real body takes any physical action when the game is in place, considering it is a headgear. But if they did, imagine all the people who live in SAO and how much sleeping together happens
Wonder what would happen if that was announce in the in game daily bulletin...
"New Member of KoB ; Took Vir*** of Vice Commander!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1sFyr3 View Post
Well considering Kayaba probably designed it and the gear by himself so the gear would trap anyone in inn the first place, he probably added the sex function privately in a moment of epiphany: "Hey! I should add sex, or else everyone would get bored and suicide." However the boy girl ratio must make it hard on the guys.
Now this line scares me.... I'll just focus on killing mobs....
Old 2012-09-09, 19:06   Link #339
Clarste
Human

The body might not move, but it's hard to imagine that the Nerve Gear would also suppress the more unconscious hormonal-type reactions. It'd be kind of like a wet dream. Actually, sleep in general is a pretty good analogy for what's happening with their bodies. I guess that should have been obvious.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 19:08   Link #340
Bahamut
...lost in nothingness...

...brings forth "...jizzed in my pants..." and "...dont drop the soap..." to a whole new level...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote